News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hallucinations or Spirits?

Previous topic - Next topic

abundance

Hey all,
I'm often having a difficult time differentiating between whether certain things that I see are spiritual entities or a product of my mind. Even though I know that there's no SURE way of finding out, I'd like to find some clarity into the issue.

Okay, first of all, this kind of vision/hearing that I have only comes out when I'm not sober, with recreational marijuana use and more intense effects with psychedelics. I see marijuana as a natural aid. Anyways, if I focus on relaxing myself and focusing my energy on my third eye and a little behind that in my head, occasionally my perception of vision will change. Everything will be just exactly the way it is, but I can see people on top of it. Well, not literally on top of, but what I see in the physical world is enmeshed with different people. Like, each leaf of a tree can appear to me as a person but the leaf is STILL there. It's as if the characteristics of the leaf can translate into different physical parts of a person like the top of the leaf with the grooves will seem like an eye and so on. When this happens, every physical object becomes a person. It's not just the leaves, it's the tree, the ground, the cars.

At the same time, I feel as if my vision is becoming clearer. I feel that my ability to perceive the depth in terms of shadow of an object gives these objects their humanoid appearance to me. But these people do look extremely realistic. Another side point is, as a whole these people are normally divided into the left and the right and leaning in towards me sort of like a V shape.

I've only had these faces talk to me a couple of times, and that's when I took shrooms (I can see the faces sometimes when I smoke marijuana but they are usually silent and look a little aggressive). My trip was extremely long and the topics that they covered huge. At times they may ridicule me for doing things wrong, or just flabbergasted that I'm not getting something right. Other times, they say cryptic messages with regards to my visions ("Your life has only just begun", "Oh look at him, he's beginning to actually see"). Some times, I feel as if they are leading me to go 'elsewhere', somewhere beyond the physical but with no return, but it's especially during these times that I feel a huge amount of fear/excitement. I was always with a friend though so they kept me somewhat straight.

I know that since I took drugs, these can easily be dubbed hallucinations. But at the same time, some of these faces I felt as if I knew them or on the other hand, these faces have known (which would still make it possible for it to be a hallucination). And it wasn't just one face, it was a whole multitude, a flowing sea of just faces. Well, I just wanted to share this and hear some opinions.

Astralzombie

Just because you saw something incredible or "unbelievable" while under the influence of a drug doesn't automatically make it a figment of your imagination. However, in today's culture and modern society it will automatically discredit your account of what really happened.

Marijuana and other hallucinogens have been an important part of many cultures and are used to experience the wider reality and to speak with the "spirits" so I have a lot of respect for their cultural beliefs. But they don't use them for recreation and are often only used in ceremonies that are sacred to them.

Personally, I discount a drug induced AP/OOBE (even though they may be just as genuine as a sober experience) but it is only my personal standard and I do not promote drug use as a means to experience the wider reality.

Another thing to consider is that we are hardwired to recognize human faces and their expressions. Understanding facial expressions can be the difference between life and death so we often see facial patterns in inanimate objects.

Again, I am not not claiming that you aren't having genuine experiences. I just wouldn't personally accept them if I were to have one under the influence of any drug. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Volgerle

I, for my part, hold the controversial (?) view that such a thing as "hallucinations" does not exist in the first place.

:-o