News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Haunted house

Previous topic - Next topic

Catmau5

I just recently got out of prison and moved in with my fiancé in her parents house. Ever since I have been in here a lot of weird things have been happening. The first day I felt a prickly feeling on my skin and felt like something was in the room. For some reason I could tell that it was at the door and then it walked to the end of the room. I did not want to say anything in fear of looking like an idiot but then my fiancé said the same exact thing. A couple weeks later I was in the living room when all of the sudden the kitchen sink turned on and a cabinet door opened. A little while later I woke up and the rocking chair in our room was rocking by itself. I was in the bathroom and the door faces the stairs. I was at the sink and I saw a shadow looking person walking up the stairs. The other day my fiancé walked upstairs and saw a shadow in the computer room and it looked at her. Today was the weirdest though because we were watching tv and all the sudden the doorbell rang. It was weird because it didn't ring as loudly as it normally does. It was 11 at night and we were trying to figure out why it would be ringing so late so my fiancé looked out the peephole and she said she just saw a shadow face in the peephole. When I was in prison the back door just swung open even though it was locked and a toy was thrown at my son. Also when I was in jail I met a very spiritual person and he said that I have a guardian angel and I notice things may start happening to me but they don't last long but with my fiancé they may last for long periods of times. My fiancé said that it has been following her dad around and has even moved with them from house to house. I'm not really worried about myself for things don't seem to really happen to me but I am worried about the rest of my family. I don't want to try to mess with it since it seems to be very evil ( sometimes when it is in the same room as me I can't even breathe because the strength of it's energy ). I'm not sure if it really is evil to be frank or if it is just trying to get our attention. So is there any advice that could be given?

AAAAAAAA

Burn some sage. Generally speaking, the shadow people aren't "evil", per se, but they like to cause trouble. They like reactions, lol. They probably won't do anything to actually seriously hurt you, but if they are bothering you, just burn some sage. I've had a few encounters with shadow people myself. Honestly, most of them are quite harmless, unless of course, you give it power over you.

Astralzombie

I usually discount most stories of a haunting because all they have to go on is a "bad" feeling and one or two explainable events.

Your case seems different, however. If is upsetting your family, then you should turn to your religious faith if you have one. If you don't, AAAAAAA gave some good advice as many cultures have used white sage for a cleansing and so long as you believe it will work, haunting or not, you will be fine.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Catmau5

Thanks guys I just worry will it come back? Would it be angry? And are spirits really evil? I have always felt that spirits don't understand what they are doing and is just trying to get our attention. Is there a way to deal with it peacefully without making it angry?

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Catmau5 on June 27, 2014, 00:25:33
Thanks guys I just worry will it come back? Would it be angry? And are spirits really evil? I have always felt that spirits don't understand what they are doing and is just trying to get our attention. Is there a way to deal with it peacefully without making it angry?

Burning sage is peaceful. You don't harm them while burning sage. Spirits are not always evil. They have personalities just like everyone else. Most spirits know exactly what they're doing, although, some have empty shells.

Xanth

Stuff like this always brings the Amityville Horror story back to my mind.

On of them most haunted and grisly stories in America.

Well, after all was said and done... the events happened... everyone moved on... the house was re-sold to another family. 
That family has never had any issues with the house.  That family never bought into the "ghost" stories.  So they aren't effected.

It's a very eye-opening anecdote which states that belief is very powerful in determining what our experiences will be. 

CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE, CHANGE YOUR REALITY.

EscapeVelocity

Catmau5,
A few points I'll offer for consideration:

The vast majority of hauntings appear to NOT involve malevolent or evil spirits. Lost, misguided, confused, frustrated or sometimes angry over a traumatic or premature death, these spirits represent either completely themselves or aspects of their former self that are strongly, emotionally attached or fixated to a place or location.

Often, like has been said, a purification with burning sage and a prayer to release the spirit can be sufficient. Look it up online or look for a professional.

If the spirit has actually followed her father, then that is quite unusual for one to be fixated on a person and will possibly require more expertise and research into why it has done this.

I spent two years rooming with college friends in a house haunted by a young woman from the 1800's. She was actually a very positive and protecting force, watching over the property and any who stayed there. The house was apparently built over the old foundation of a post office from the early 19th century. We threw some awesome parties there; the place had the coolest ambiance to it. Talk about a "vibe"!

If you do go looking for a psychic to perform the ritual, avoid the majority that advertise or have a sign out front; most of those are frauds or money-laundering outfits. The real psychics work by referral and word-of-mouth reputation, so you have to look hard to find quality.

Good luck and please let us know what progress you make.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

If you're up for it, do an EVP session. Ask simple questions that can be verified in your local history section of the library
Show interest not fear. Anything having a laugh with you will run if you show no fear.
Talking is usually answered by a noise. YouTube EVP for some examples. Watch out for the fakers and crazies, there's plenty of 'em.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: Szaxx on June 27, 2014, 22:47:56
If you're up for it, do an EVP session. Ask simple questions that can be verified in your local history section of the library
Show interest not fear. Anything having a laugh with you will run if you show no fear.
Talking is usually answered by a noise. YouTube EVP for some examples. Watch out for the fakers and crazies, there's plenty of 'em.

Just a bit of warning that I've heard of acknowledging it to make it worse.   Your belief in it becomes much stronger... which then causes more to begin happening.

If your goal is to stop the events from happening, then just be weary of interacting too much.

Rakkso

Have no fear, in the worst of hypothetical cases, The power "something" has, is the power you give to it, by believing it more powerfull than you, or by you and your family just being fearfull.
IMO, next time something happesn/you seeit/sense it, you should just ask out loud that you dont want it to bother people at the house anymore. with love and not a drop of fear in your words. stand your ground.
Also the sage is a great deal.