News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

schizophrenia

Previous topic - Next topic

Aries

Who knows whats up with them... besides that they are nuts. But really isnt everyone alittle crazy? I am...
Anyways back to the subject, I think that they are in a permanent Dream-like state. My friends grandma has it, and the voice in the walls told her to burn all of her clothes, then put 5 holes into the freezer with the biggest butcher knife they had in the house.
Freeon (dunno how to spell it) leaked into the house and almost killed them all...
Also she thinks she is the Jewish queen of England.
At any rate, they get worse as they get older from what I have seen.
-Aries
How can the spoon know the taste of soup?

kiauma

Here is one woman's story which relates to that very thing;

http://home.earthlink.net/~onthe8thday/index.html#if%20you%

Schizophrenia has been called the Shaman's disease, because Schizophrenia and Shamanic emergence appear so closely paralell to the unbiased mind who is knowledgeable of both phenomena.   Something most people don't know is that 'treated' properly, schizophrenia is most often only temporary.

Bottom line, how you explain these experiences is tied directly to the paradime of your perception, whether spiritual, mental, or physical.  There is a growing underground psychological movement to identify these experiences of fragmentation and eventual larger integration of the self as part of a natural human process.  Unfortunately, the insurance industry, which largely controls the psychological industry in America, sees no need to spend the necessary money on the 'care' and understanding required to see the process through, when some cheap pills can seemingly make the 'symptoms' magically go away.

Here are some more sites:
http://www.global-vision.org/interview/perry.html
http://members.tripod.com/more_couteau/psychosis.htm
http://www.virtualcs.com/se/experiences.html
http://www.global-vision.org/dream/index.html
http://www.jungcircle.com/roberts2.html
http://www.gurdjieff.org/
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

shaman

The schizophrenic in his catatonic ecstasy: The person's own body and, indeed, his entire body, becomes the sole object. This feeling of pleasure, a consummate voluptuousness of all organs, tissues, and cells, a pleasure completely freed from the genitals, and orgams diffused throughout the whole body is the condition described as the schizophrenic in his catatonic ecstasy.

The stages of meditation include in the early moments concentration. One tries to bring his (her) attention to the subject of concentration (usually the breath, say). The mind focus on the breath, but it is often distracted and the subject has to bring back his/her attention to the subject of concentration. Visionary experiences can occur on the threshold of this level. By continually focusing on the object of meditation, there comes the moment marking a total break with normal consicouness (full absorption). There is neither sensory perception nor the awareness of one's body. The subject is now in a continued state of ecstasy.

According to Alexander (Alexander, R. The Scope of Psychoanalysis. New York: Basic Books, 1941), in meditation one moves from melancholia to catatonia. The catatonic state of the schizophrenic is similar to the full absorption state of meditation.

A further step (in meditation), he proposed, consists of a constant diminution of the feeling of pleasure along with a gradual transition into apathy - the stage of indifference. He saw the final stage as a condition of complete mental emptiness and uniformity. Referring to NIRVANA, he concludes: "It is not difficult for us to recognize in this (meditative) condition the last stage of schizophrenia - schizophrenia dementia".

So, in short, the schizophrenic reaches states of the mind/consciousness very similar to the ones that meditation brings. If we remember that in the early phase of meditation visions can appear, and that it is about at this stage that the astral reality starts, then the answer is YES, the schizophrenic has a door open onto the astral. He is having transes that bring him there and beyond.

shedt

quote:
Originally posted by brandon

just wondering if anyone knows how schizophrenia is related to the astral plane and other dimensions?

sorry i don't know to much about the interaction between the two, but i would like to learn more.

quote:

they usually dont have episodes unless they are under the infouence and i have only seen this a few times. they take medication and see shrinks but they really cant do anything because they just can never know what is really going on in their head.

i will refer to my friend as "they' as not to specify the gender.

I had a close friend just like this. When they took recreational drugs( marijuana, Alcohol, magic mushrooms, acid etc)
they would have problems. or when they would stop using there medications then there would be problems too. hearing voices, sometimes telling them others can read thier mind (paranoid things in general) and other things.

but it was always when the medications were not taken. when  they were things were perfect. I have meet too such persons in my life like this who had such symtoms. i do not know if "negs" were involved, but i would asume to so low level they may have been. maybe lower astral life creature feeding off fear ? i don't think any negs though were at a direct attack causing the voices personally.

volcomstone

Ive had many a conversation with some of my more enlightened friends about these things

I think schizophrenia, is a microcosmic (internal) reflection of the macrocosmic (external)

now Im not saying that all the crazies are crazy because of the world we live in, but I think the sons of darkness specifically pick out promising individuals who might be a important player in the continuing evolution of human mystical insight

there's also a difference between divine madness and plain crazy,
and I really think it has to do with the forces that are at play

I don't believe some chemical imbalance in your head can make you see people who tell you what to do,

Ive wanted to do an experiment invovling psychics and schizophrenics
, I want the psychics to be introduced to a number of people individually, (they might be truly crazy, or not)

i want to know if the pyschics can infer the presence of other entities, without any other clues, I want to know if these voices, people (demons?) are able to be communicated with (without hypnosis)

maybe people with multiple personalities are truly in a body conflict, maybe there are too many souls in one body
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Matthew Kingsley

Schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders are extremely complex.
Keeping in mind the etheric body is the second half of the human life
support system ( the physical body being the first half ) we can say
the disease or disorder is physical and etheric in nature. Waking
consciousness is a focusing of the etheric and subtle bodies awareness
in physical reality. To prove this concept one must only imagine for a
moment a beautiful landscape. This is a reflection of the astral body
actively perceiving on the astral dimension which is it's natural
habitat. The physical body focuses etheric and subtle body awareness
in real-time during waking consciousness, making up outlook and perception,
and thoughts. When information that should not be available enters into
waking perception ( like hearing or seeing inhabitancies of the
real-time zone ) a psychotic condition arises. Uncontrolled information from
the etheric body or other subtle bodies interfering with normal waking
consciousness is the heart of psychotic disorders. We can then say psychotic
disorders are made of up the transmission and reception of information
that should not be available to waking consciousness. It's an intrusive
disorder that as you can imagine is complex due to etheric or subtle bodies
receiving information being superimposed on normal waking consciousness.
Therefore normal waking consciousness is altered.

Schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders have also been known as " the
fever that never breaks ".

Matthew Kingsley
winterman@vif.ca

bluelite

quote:
The physical body focuses etheric and subtle body awareness
in real-time during waking consciousness, making up outlook and perception,
and thoughts. When information that should not be available enters into
waking perception ( like hearing or seeing inhabitancies of the
real-time zone ) a psychotic condition arises. Uncontrolled information from
the etheric body or other subtle bodies interfering with normal waking
consciousness is the heart of psychotic disorders. We can then say psychotic
disorders are made of up the transmission and reception of information
that should not be available to waking consciousness. It's an intrusive
receiving information being superimposed on normal waking consciousness

That was well put mathew,  From a psychic perspective this is eactly what happens in most cases of flow blown insanity or other forms of serious mental illness.
Off course from a psychic perspective there is much more that can be added to this topic as the mystics of old were very well versed in these things.

volcomstone

what about the dreams of someone who is schizophrenic? would they be more or less vivid than "sane" people?

would they acquire more information in their dream state than when awake or vice versa?
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

kiauma

I think an easy trap to fall into at this point is the assumption that any single conceptual experience, such as what we might label 'schizophrenia', all have a single cause, course, and cure.  I think that would be a serious mistake, and a severe limiting of the multi-dimensionality of existance.

In my mind, every case must be considered individually - yes, you do so by comparing and discerning with your previous experience, so you are looking for simularities with which to know how best to move forward, but it must never be forgotten that the locus of these phenomena is an individual, and as such must be treated individually, with care and oppenness to his/her specific situation, problems, and needs.

Only after that consideration should the 'dreams' of the schizophrenic be considered, no matter how intense, and in any case the context and content of the dreams as well as their relative 'quality' are all part of the clues to the situation.  I believe the entire experience must be considered as an organism of it's own, though of course that is problematic in it's own right.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

McArthur

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Kingsley

It's an intrusive
receiving information being superimposed on normal waking consciousness.

Well said. It is said that the only difference between a Shaman and a Psychotic is that the Shaman induces the eposides purposefully and is able to control them.

McArthur

p.s. Some of my posts regarding EM fields and their use against Schizophrenia may be of relevence here also.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4474&SearchTerms=em,fields

Mick

Interesting topic. I have just finished watching a TV programme about this subject. I have a question, is the experience typically unpleasant for example are the voices usually nasty and threatening and/or inducing of self destruction.
Mick

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

hogglewoggle

quote:
I have a question, is the experience typically unpleasant for example are the voices usually nasty and threatening and/or inducing of self destruction.

no, theyre not. it may seem this way b/c most people who see or hear things probably dont think much of it and it doesnt really affect them. most of the time they only tell someone when it is unpleasent. and those who see or hear unpleasent things have a really tough time with it. ive been around quite a few people who se and hear things... they get really scared whenever they see/hear something... one girl looked at her wrist and saw tons of cuts bleeding in a middle of a group... she seemed quite scared. that was kinda off the subject but yeah

Mick

quote:
Originally posted by hogglewoggle
[brno, theyre not. it may seem this way b/c most people who see or hear things probably dont think much of it and it doesnt really affect them. most of the time they only tell someone when it is unpleasent. and those who see or hear unpleasent things have a really tough time with it. ive been around quite a few people who se and hear things... they get really scared whenever they see/hear something... one girl looked at her wrist and saw tons of cuts bleeding in a middle of a group... she seemed quite scared. that was kinda off the subject but yeah

Thanks for that, it makes sense. The programme possibly had a focus on the more dramatic as they do, overall though I did find it interesting to hear of some of the experiences that they encounter.
Mick

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Nita

Hello Everyone
  I have worked upon some schizophrenics and people with brain injuries. The main problem seems to be that the schizophrenics do not differentiate between all of the realities that they are able to see. It seems to be a common side effect of spiritual problems for some people to have their own talents used against them where they are stuck between worlds in certain mental patterns. The patterns are always repetitive and reinforce what is happening to them.
  The main way to help is to reweave a normal energetic pattern and remove the repetitive statements. You do this by giving them a positive repetitive statement to repeat. Entities may or may nor be present.
   It is very complex and takes a while to do. The problem is most of the people are stuck in such patterns of behavior that the keep going back to the same patterns. The positive reinforment has to be done along with the energetic work.
    Nita
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

brandon

just wondering if anyone knows how schizophrenia is related to the astral plane and other dimensions?i have a friend who is schizophrenic and have seen them during crazy, violent, dilusional episodes where it seems that maybe they are just in some sort of fantasy or dream world or maybe its some form of astral attack or a sepration of the astral body from the part of the mind that relates to this world and the "earthly" side of the human mind. like they are having a bad trip on psychedelics or something. and when they arent "tripping" it seems that they are almost always in a dream state or hallucinating visually and auditory. they usually dont have episodes unless they are under the infouence and i have only seen this a few times. they take medication and see shrinks but they really cant do anything because they just can never know what is really going on in their head.what do you think?