News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Seeing the future

Previous topic - Next topic

phxsun

A friend of mine says that he gets these premonitions of the future. I'm just curious what that is called. He says that something is going to happen in the next year that is really freaky, but he will not tell us about it. 

NoY

personalreality

I would call it a premonition.

Clairvoyance just describes the ability to "see energy" in your mind, which is the skill being used.  But then to make it about the future is more specific, so clairvoyant premonition?  lol, splitting hairs noy.  :lol:
be awesome.

phxsun

Summerlander

Quote from: phxsun on May 09, 2011, 10:13:47
A friend of mine says that he gets these premonitions of the future. I'm just curious what that is called. He says that something is going to happen in the next year that is really freaky, but he will not tell us about it. 

Perhaps your friend is a 2012r who likes to tell porkies. :evil:

luthienlv

phxsun

Possibly!!!! But he did say sometime in the next year...He also told us that when he was 16 at 2am ha woke up and new that he had to go find his girl friend. He got in his car and started driving around not knowing where to go, then it came to him to go to a fast food place where they hung out, and her car was there behind the place in  a dirt lot. When he got to the car she had been beaten and was near death from bleeding........He says that these things come to him all the time.

Szaxx

Hey,
Just found this one.
Get your friend on here. Tell him he's not alone. This could be fun.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

cstar

I have had many instances of precognition, including one of
a family member that I dreamed about that had a stroke.
I never had seen the family member and was never around
him. No one ever talked about him.
Everyone is ready to accept ideas about astral travel but
not precognition?
It is a form of precognition that I also get when I visit a
place in a dream years before I actually see it in real life.

Summerlander

Actually, precognition seems quite feasible to me and I think the Phase state provides greater potential for this as well as telepathy. I also think that we are evolving into telepathically more adroit species. We don't just grow our brains from birth...on a larger evolutionary scale, the brain is a developing tool which will one day enable the majority to communicate telepathically in the waking state and our vocal cords may atrophy.

I don't think this is hard to believe at all. Precognition isn't necessarily seeing into the future, but rather, seeing the possibilities before they manifest...if they manifest! There was even a paper on this reported in Newscientist:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19712-is-this-evidence-that-we-can-see-the-future.html

phxsun, your friend may have had loads of precogs before but I'd be careful about his claims about 2012. He may have got excited about this because it has become quite a popular subject or he may be into the Mayan prophecy. I am wary of people who claim to know something "freaky" and yet refuse to tell exactly what it is (whilst enjoying the suspence) so that later, if anything 'biggish' happens, like a war or something, they can tell us: I told you so! -  Call me an open-minded sceptic. :-D