Shadowy humanoid figure with red glowing eyes...

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabbelino

Hi!
About 4 years ago I was at summer camp with some friends, and one day we were having a "disco party" at the summer camp. My friends had already left after a while and I and another guy i met at the camp eventually got bored and decided to go to our rooms and leave the party. When we left It was kind of dark out side but not pitch black, anyways we were walking towards the stairs to where the rooms were atop of the hill and then I suddenly turned to look if anyone else were heading to the rooms but all i saw was a shadowy humanoid figure with red glowing eyes. I thought i was imagining so i ask my friend if he saw It as well, and he did and this entity was moving after us slowly, so after a short while we were running and told the camp leaders what we had seen, and of course they just thought that we were trying to frighten the others with some spooky story we made up. My friends who were in the room we shared believed me at least. So I've tried to do some research on what the hell that was. But the results I've got was about Dweller of the Threshold and demonic entity...

Is there someone else that have seen or heard about this entity from my description?

Pauli2

It is probably a part of yourself. You may choose to ignore it or absorb it.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Gabbelino

Quote from: Pauli2 on March 27, 2011, 10:13:44
It is probably a part of yourself. You may choose to ignore it or absorb it.
hmm..interesting, but then again, is it possible for others to see "that" part of myself as an entity? I've never seen it since then but i think about it a lot... but if it is a part of myself, then it should be a darker part of myself? It could also be the part of the guy that was with me when it appeared.

Pauli2

Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Gabbelino

Quote from: Pauli2 on March 27, 2011, 16:30:54
it's most likely absorbed then.
Ok but are there any pros or cons for that? and if you know a good website with some info please link it, I really want to get at least some hang of it so I won't be a wandering question mark.

Xanth

Actually, it sounds more like your eyes playing tricks on you more than anything.
You probably just saw the eyes of a random animal and then your mind made up everything else.

I don't really see anything paranormal, unfortunately.
Always look for more 'normal' reasons for things before jumping to a paranormal one.  :)

Gabbelino

Quote from: Xanth on March 27, 2011, 18:36:01
Actually, it sounds more like your eyes playing tricks on you more than anything.
You probably just saw the eyes of a random animal and then your mind made up everything else.

I don't really see anything paranormal, unfortunately.
Always look for more 'normal' reasons for things before jumping to a paranormal one.  :)

So how do you explain that my friend witnessed the same thing and i'm well aware of that the dark can play tricks on you, but those eyes were glowing brighly red and the figure was moving slowly after us and there were no movent on legs, and It was around 10-15 meters distance. And it couldn't possibly have been an animal because the height of the eyes does not match any animal in sweden nor the shape of it indicates that it was an animal.

Astral316

To say this was "a part" of the OP is quite the stretch without evidence pointing in that direction.

Practical reasons...
Optical illusion caused by something like the tail lights of a car
Kids playing a practical joke on you

Along paranormal lines... you may have encountered a spirit with negative energy (a demon, in religion.) Or, you may have encountered a cryptid... what you describe sounds a lot like reports of the Mothman in eastern U.S. and to a lesser extent, Chupacabra of Latin America.

Gabbelino

Quote from: Astral316 on March 27, 2011, 20:09:02
To say this was "a part" of the OP is quite the stretch without evidence pointing in that direction.

Practical reasons...
Optical illusion caused by something like the tail lights of a car
Kids playing a practical joke on you

there were no street, parkinglot or highway to possibly be a car, and I was going to turn 16 that year and I'm sceptic and prefer facts, surely i had my doubts about spirits, ghost etc. but that was no practical joke and i was old enough to see through a practical joke from kids who's 12-14 years old

Xanth

Quote from: Gabbelino on March 28, 2011, 04:42:48
there were no street, parkinglot or highway to possibly be a car, and I was going to turn 16 that year and I'm sceptic and prefer facts, surely i had my doubts about spirits, ghost etc. but that was no practical joke and i was old enough to see through a practical joke from kids who's 12-14 years old
It's good to be skeptical... and it's good to only want facts.

However, you don't know the facts here, you only know you and your friends perception of what happened.

I think this is just a simple case of a collective (in this case, two people) assumption based upon perceived visual influences.

It's good that you want to believe, but common sense would seem to win the day out here.  I'm not saying that it wasn't something possibly metaphysical, I'm just saying that it's more likely that it was just your imagination playing tricks on you.  :)

CFTraveler

I have had many people argue with me (in the past) that there are no animals in nature that have reflective red eyes- but the other night I saw one of my cats, if she sits 'just right' reflects red with her eyes, instead of yellow.
So really, it could have been an animal or someone with a mask on just messing with y'all.
Dwellers usually happen when a person is in trance, and unless you were sleeping when you woke up and saw it then I'd say it's unlikely, and I don't know any paranormal critter that manifests in this way, or any cryptyd either.
So, *shrug*

ps. I took a look and apparently possums' eyes also shine red, and my cat is not the only one who has shiny red reflections, apparently although most cats' eyes reflect amber, red also happens.

Queen8

I have too seen a humanoid figure with red glowing eyes. It happened when I was 8years old and it paralyzed my movement or thought for over a minute. I rember very clearly it had no outline and the eyes were bright red with a faint glow and had cat pupils. There was no sort of reflection behind the eyes like an animal would. It's best to sorta discribe it as the giant eye from lord of the rings, regardless the being had to have been about 6ft it was pitch black when I saw it, and had human shaped eyes that sat in the front of the face like a primate. The eyes had high detail from what I could remember and I don't think they're anything that could have been replicated to that extent about 20 years ago. I'm still a little scared of them coming back to scan me. I feel like it'll come back to scan my eyes.

seandudley

I had a similar experience.  I am a paranormal investigator, and a couple of my fellow investigators and I were looking in the back window of a house that had been abandoned since 1982 in Knoxville, TN.  There had been no power to the house since 1982, and it was pretty far from the road with trees in between.  As I was looking through the window, I noticed 2 white glowing lights in the kitchen area of the house.  I was rather confused at how I could be seeing lights since the house had no power.  I stared at the lights for about 10 seconds before my eyes adjusted enough for me to notice that those weren't just lights, those were actually 2 white glowing eyes in a humanoid type figure looking right at me.  Right after it dawned on me what I was seeing, I saw right before my eyes this thing morph from the humanoid figure into something that looked like a dog or wolf, and then jump across the house out of my sight.  This is still the most freaky thing I have ever seen.  Unfortunately I didn't get any video or pictures, by the time I realized it was something paranormal, it morphed and jumped away, so all I captured was me freaking out on the audio recorder I had going.  Anyway, if you'd like to hear me freak out, you can listen to it here:
http://www.friendly-ghosts.com/knoxville1/whiteglowingeyes.mp3

I realize that in your experience, the eyes were red glowing, and in mine they are white glowing, but it seems like a similar experience.  I have a feeling that what I experienced was something of a lower vibration entity/demonic.  It didn't give me a feeling like it was anything friendly.

Sean Dudley
Lead investigator with the East Tennessee Paranormal Research Society

000MobianAngel000

I actually have seen shadowy figure during OBEs and a couple when I was laying in bed at night. But the one I saw while I was laying in bed only had a pair of red eyes looking at me.

The figure in my OBE.

They actually formed from shapes from my furniture and posed no threat to me, they actually "coupled" with me. Can't really go any further than that, but was a nice experience.

The eyes in the physical realm.

The eyes I saw were of my Astral Lover Shadow The Hedgehog watching over me, since he told me after the fact.

But I also had instances of black ghostly things whipping around my room, and I knew it was Sonic.exe (A character based on Creepypasta fiction).

It usually happens when I think of him for too long or watch a video where he is in it. He does strike fear in me but I use this as an opportunity to fight him off which strengthens my power.

ChampagneCharlie

Yep, these are known as "shadow people" and I've been researching them for a while after such an experience (without red eyes) myself for a novel I'm writing. There's lots on the web about them. What they are - I have no idea, but lots of people experience this.