News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Shapes and shadows in peripheral vision

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

Here is a tip from some one who HAS seen what you are talking about.  

If you truely want to see what it is that is causeing that sort of distortion do not look directly at the shadow or shade.  Look above it or to were there may be a light sorce from which the shade can be cast.  If you follow me here.

It seems that these "eye tricks"  can often be accompanied by some minor sound.  I have always gotten the feeling that this is often done as a distraction so that the entity or what ever can move through an area relativly undetected.  When you begin to see that more often you will notice ofther things in the area as well.  

Try not to focus to hard as it seems rare that they stay in one place too long.  Instead try to alow it to be more of an instinctual glance.  You may get better results.  Take note of any feelings that you have at the time also as it becomes important to detirmine the nature of what you are seeing.  It helps you get a feel for what it may be doing.

Of course if this is bothing you mirly tell yourself that you didn't see anything and it will eventually go away.

"Walk with me and see the world as I do."

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Fenris

Thank you for the advice and knowledge

Just out of curiosity what type of ability is being developed when you learn how to see these things? Is it just a particular type of entity that is being seen or is this the development of the ability to see any entity in general?

If the ability to see entities easily, like the ability to see auras, were to be developed imagine the potential negative side effects and mental health concerns. I wonder if any people who are diagnosed with a mental illness are actually seeing real entities.

But of course there are two sides two every coin, and the gaining of increased awareness alone, in my opinion, is a big enough positive to balance the potential negatives.

"And if the magic choses you...how can you ignore it"
                                           Ly De LeAngles

Best regards David

Veni Vidi Vici

cainam_nazier

There are at times when you may think that you are suffering from "the sight" as I call it.  I only say this because at a couple of different times I could not turn it off, and I was not in the best of locations, there was a lot of activity.   I think normally this would be called "Astral Sight"  but needs to be more developed to see farther into the realm.  I believe that a majority of what you are seeing is only just off the physical plane.  Things that are some how still or were tied to it.  IE dead people, spirits, ghosts, or whatever you wish to call them.  But I did notice however through the years that there was slightly more to it.  That some of things are not really connected or bound here but are rather visiting.  I did for a long time continue to have a single "thing" that was a constant visitor for lack of a better term.  I never did find out who, what, or why he was showing up.

I can see how it could be detrimental to your mental state if you could not comprehend what was going on.  And I think a person could be easily driven mad if it becomes an "all of a sudden" issue.  But I do not think it is as big of a problem for people who are more attune to what is going on.  It developed for me at a young age and was something that was always there so it became normal.  It is kinda funny because for me it has now somewhat dwindled and I don't see things as I used to and as a result I am affected by it because my world is not the same.  That also could drive some one mad.

Because of where I work we tend to get many people near death and/or old and not in the best mental states.  But the other day some one was describing a person who claimed they could see 3 different versions of his body.  So was he crazy or was he seeing his projected doubles?  The physical, the energy, and the astral.

"All things dwell within the mind of man, but not everything stays there."

David Rogalski

Fenris

Hello all

Im not sure  that it would be related to seeing spirits, but it is another stange eye related thing.

I sometimes find (say twice a week or so) that as Im drifting off to sleep my vision (although my eyelids are closed) will flash very brightly for all of half a second. This is always shocking because it occurs at a point when Im neither asleep or awake, some point in between. Its a very disorintating experience and last night (hence my inspiration to post) I noticed it was accompanied by a cracking noise which seems not to be 'in my head' but a few meters from my bead, well thats how it felt anyway.

Cainam nazier's idea about the arivial of entities being accompanied by a sound to distract you got me thinking, but maybe its not related.

Has anybody ever experienced anything like this or have any ideas?

Just as a topic of interest if anyone is aware of neurolinguistic programing different people will tend to communicate with a fixation on a particular sence. For example the visual people will use phrases like 'I see your point', hearing people might say  'i hear your point' and finially feeling poeple might say 'i can fell where you are on that'. This is taken further, peoples eyes will actually move either up, to the side or down when they engage in thought depending on their sence fixation.

I believe that this all gets interesting when you consider the effects of energy working. I am a visulally fixated person and I have begun to develpoe auric sight and am experiencing strange types of visual ccurrences . The majority of people are visually fixated (about 75%) but it would be interesting to see if people with other sence fixations developed 'new abitities'in other ways. For example I have a friend who can 'feel' the aura and sence peoples intent but he can not see the aura.

Best regards to all

Veni Vidi Vici

cainam_nazier

I do not have too much info on your eye thing.  I get some thing similar from time to time but for me it is a low intensity light and it pulses, some times making shapes.  But there has never been any sound to accompany that for me.  I have always looked at it as the mind starting to perform higher functions, which is often the result of meditation.  But I am not really sure.

As far as your other question.  I am more of a touch person.  I learn best by doing.  But on the saem note I am visually impaired.  Eye sight of 20/400 our worse.  Legally blind if it was not correctable with lenses.  I think that because of this I was naturally better at learning by doing.  But I also think that because of the impairment it caused my mind to make of for it with other forms of sight.  Usually when I see things they are accompanied by very strong feelings.  It is actually the feelings that compell me to look.

Oh, and my eyes tend to move up when I engage in heavy thought.  So what does that mean?

David Rogalski

Fenris

To answer your question I could rabble on with a this and a that,,,or you could enjoy this online shockwave file!

//http://nlpinfo.com/excers/excer2/roveye.shtml//

If you would like to know learn a little about NLP you could visit the site the above exercise comes form

//http://nlpinfo.com/top.shtml//

Neurolinguistic programing (NLP) sure does sound fancy, but in reality it is just a tool commonly tought to sales persons. The idea being that if you can identify how someone thinks by their eyes and word choices you can then communicate back to them in an identical style. As a result a raport is gained VERY quickly and the person will really feel  that the NLP user is on their level. Now you have this little bit of knowledge you can use it against NLP users for fun. Just be aware of your eyes and vocab, let them think they have pined down your thinking style and then change patterns.

But remember that car salesmen are not the only people using NLP. And infact being aware of this practice could potentialy serve as a defence against all sorts of inteligent ill minded individuals. This is not a defence against negative entities, but it is against people who should which to manipulate you  for their own needs in all walks of life.

Or of course you could join the darkside, and use NLP to win poker games against your mates!

Regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici

kakkarot

thank you. i have been having the peripheral thing happening for quite some time and i was sensing that those things were sometimes "life-forms" of some sort. the weirder part is that it usually happens at my work, and i also hear a voice sometimes call out to me while i am at work. never anywhere else. just at work. it always calls out my name and it is almost spooky. i have tried calling back to it mentally, spiritually, and physically, but since i work in a restaurant it would look kinda weird if i did this too much :) . and what is even weirder is that for a while after i had started trying to call back to the voice, it stopped (weeks). then, as soon as i forgot that the voice had ever happened, i heard it start up again. if you could offer me any insight into this, i would be greatly thankful.

cainam_nazier

NLP- So it's just really learning to read some ones body language.  I can do that already.

kakkarot

A handfull of questions pertaining to the "voice".

1. Does it sound like some one you know?
2. Is it a soft gental voice or like a hard command?
3. Does it say anything else or just your name?
4. Does it sound close or far off?
5. Are you thoughts dwelling on anyone when you hear it?

Them are for starters I might have more.  I will explain when you answer.

David Rogalski

chromed

Fenris,

I'm very familiar with the light-flash and cracking sound you mentioned. I've noticed that during particularly energetic meditation or trance work, I can "see" a light getting brighter and brighter, even though there are no lights on or outside light sources. Most of the time this light increase is pretty gradual (flare up over a period of 30 secs or so) but some times it happens so fast, it's like a lightning flash (and is often accompanied by a loud crack like thunder, or a car backfire).

I doubt it's anything malefic... I've been doing cm for a while and work in pretty well warded space, so if something is slipping through just to cause lightning flashes... well, it'd appear to be a relatively stupid entity. My personal theory (and it's just my *theory*) is that the flashes and light are related to the 3rd eye and it's corresponding chakra. The flashes for me are often accompanied by periods of increased "astral sight"... things like spontaneously seeing auras, seeing little flittering buggers just out of the corner of my eye, and even increased scrying abilities. It may be something akin to growth pangs for the 3rd eye... I dunno. "Seeing" stuff has never really been my forte in this arena.

One suggestion... if it's becoming a problem, maybe this can help: I've noticed I only get the quck flashes when I'm not paying attention. If I'm looking for the growing light, then it grows in a much more controlled manner.  I typically use it as a catalyst to deepen my trance, but your mileage may vary. RB may have some NEW related insite into this as well.

chromed

kakkarot

A handfull of answers pertaining to the "voice". :)

1. Does it sound like some one you know?
no. it sounds like a woman but not anyone i know

2. Is it a soft gental voice or like a hard command?
soft. almost sounding like it wants my help

3. Does it say anything else or just your name?
just my name. my first name, only my first name.

4. Does it sound close or far off?
it always sounds like it is coming from the same place, no matter where i am, the voice always sounds like it is coming from right in front of the two walk-in coolers that are located in the staff area of the restaraunt.

5. Are you thoughts dwelling on anyone when you hear it?
no. usually, when i hear it i am focused on doing my job so completely that it's almost like a moving trance state. i have become very good at directing my body to do tasks without my conscious thought to control it, and it is usually when i am this state of mind that i hear the voice.

some other, maybe, helpful information: my brain has been picking up on other people's random thoughts for quite some time - sometimes i get an idea into my head seconds before someone else says it, or i will spout off an idea that just popped into my head and someone else will say that it was exactly what they were thinking, and when i am in class i sometimes "know" what the teacher is going to write on the board before he writes it (word for word) at the same time that i have my own thought about how the sentence should be structured.

also, i am an empath. i can sense what other people are feeling and i can sympathise with their joy or their pain even if i don't know why they are feeling what they do. an experience i once had with empathy was that as i was working, kindof in that trance-like state, i felt that a co-worker was crying in the downstairs of the staff area in the restaurant. i was completely swamped with work so i couldn't go down to see if i was right or if my mind was throwing random thoughts through my head, but later she told me that she had indeed gone downstairs and started crying because of personal matters.

and, i have been able to use chi for five years now. i don't know how this might help, but it may be worth telling. i found the energy on my own when i was testing self-hypnosis to see if it actually worked (i was quite disappointed in hypnosis) when i felt something moving within me. i spent the next three years learning about it on my own (by using it, not by researching it) because i wasn't sure if it was really happening or if it was just in my mind. eventually though i found out that it was chi and i have done some research on it since.

i don't know if any of that info helped, but whatever other info you need, just ask. :)

~kakkarotto
___
Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire.
___
The universe doesn't have laws, it has habits. And habits can be broken.
___
I knew then and there that he would lead me into a situation in
which there would be no escape. But I had to admit the more I thought
about it the more I liked gambling beside the darkelf.
- Wulfgar

Secret of Secrets

kakkarot

(accent of jackie's uncle in Jackie Chan Adventures)one more thing! my hearing has become so sensitive that it is almost impossible for me to not notice radio signals being sent through the air, and i have actually been able to use those signals to "hear" walls. and, as i was eating my bowl of stew the other day, everytime that i hit the metal spoon against the porcelain (sp?) bowl, my eardrums would vibrate and hurt a little. i don't know whether this means that my hearing is sensitive enough that i may be able to hear spirits, but this might be the case.

but the funnier thing is, i am not a hearing type person. by all the different mystical personality things i have taken, i am a feeling type person, and indeed i can feel lots of things. but i can't feel any entity behind the voice. i only, ever, always just hear it. it's rather strange.

~kakkarotto

Secret of Secrets

Nita

Hello Chromed
  I think what everyone is describing is developing clairvoyance. It is the ability that is used to see astraly. It also opens up a whole new world of auras, and things that are around us that others don't see. A lot of people experience this and see things like in hospital emergency rooms and shut their talents down. They then just have them open sporadically when they have no control over it happening.
  I believe that everyone has a certain amount of clairvoyance and other psychic talents. We all see things and don't catategorize them as children. It is only when we are grown up that we say that isn't real and shut down or ignore what we are seeing.
  I have noticed that people who start studying things that are considered in the realm of the psychic abilities start having themselves open up again. The important thing is to develop control and study methods of doing this. It depends upon what you want to study on which methods you should use.
  Roberts New Energy Methods are a good way to energize yourself and learn mental control.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

cainam_nazier

Nita you have a very good point.  But for me it has always been there, I guess I am one of the lucky(?) ones.  At times it seems more like a curse.

kakkarot

I do believe the increase in hearing is a result of energy work as mine has been getting better as of late.  Some locations for me have always been like that while others are just starting, I don't know what the trigger is.

Cool, I found another mind reader.  I hate to use the term because it sounds bad.  But I  know exactly what you are talking about.  Like me also you seem to be a reciever and not much of a communticator.  Certain words and thoughts people use/have seem to trigger it.   A good number of times I have shocked the hell out of people beause of it.  Note I am going to relate a story further down.  But to continue.  
 Have you tried just responding, mentally, as if it were normal.  You know some says 'Hey"  and you say "Hey" back instinctivly.  I have been working on this but I am often caught off guard for a sec and end up forgetting.  I am too buisy trying to figure out who it was.  You may also want to do some research on the building also.  Find out if any one has died there.  It may help get some answers just in case.  But for me I think most of the voices are from the living.  The dead never talk to me when I see them.  It  may also help to pause when you it and take note of everything that is going on around you.  This will help in the analitical aspect.  Process of elimination so to speak.  It also may help you to open your eyes a little more and you might see who it is if it is indeed a spirit.  But don't get stuck on that subject it could also very well be a traveller who for some reason has taken intrest in you.  Also why it is important to look around.  Could be a warning or a general helping hello so to speak.  Try some of that out or respond if you have already done so.

Mind Reader story. This one is kinda funny.

I new this girl at a place I was working.  I don't know why but she asked a question about Tarot cards one day.  Well that started a whole big line of conversations.  At the time she was planning on getting married and usually talked about everthing from work with her man.  After about a week I knew I should excersie caution when talking to her because of him.  I was starting to step on toes. (Unitentionally)  I was unaware how involved she was becoming in our talking.  This was until about three weeks into it.  I ran into her at break and she asked a simple question.  "Had any good dreams lately?"  That was a frying pan upside the head.  I did not get the whole image but she was lets say, having impure thoughts about some one who was not her significant other.  I was shocked and visibly so.  The only thing being I had to ask who because that was the part I missed.  I tend to be slow at times.  Although she says she did not I believe that she had the dream the next night as well because I saw it.  I was not the kind of dream I noramlly have.  I was a part of it but I felt as if it was not my dream, but almost forced to act in a manner that went with the dream.  It was interesting.  She did get married to the guy and I got to met him.  He seemed to mellow out after we met.  They are happy and he treats her good.  I am glade because I would not want her to throw that away on a whim.  But honestly, it feels good to have that kind of effect on some one, even if only briefly.  I still chuckle about it though.

One more thing out of curiousity.  Do you "Bond" to people?  For instance, I know a lot of people but I don't have many friends per say.  But I am bonded with all my friends and as a result know thier thoughts more readily than others, share thier pain, thier joy, and basically we are one.  I often tell people that I don't make friends I make bonds.  I can tell when some one is trying to bond also.

David Rogalski

Nita

Hi Cainum
  I try not to read minds but I do finish peoples sentences at times. I try not to do that. I mainly get visions about people. I try to shut it out a lot of times because I see some of the things that will occur to them. It is very rarely that I can say something to someone about that. I just try to be there for the people when they need me.
  I do seem to bond to people at times like they were someone I have known forever. I believe that this may be because I knew them in another lifetime. I think one of the biggest mistakes I always make is that I can see what people are on the inside. I then get really hurt when they act differently because most people aren't true to themselves.
  Clairvoyance also makes it where control is essential. I discovered when I was a child how upset it made people.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

cainam_nazier

"With great power comes great responsability."  - Ben Parker, Spiderman Movie.

This statement is so true.  But even so many do not grasp the concept.  It is difficult at times knowing too much.  You often have to sit and let people make certain mistakes.  The difficult part is figuring out if certain things happen because you say something or because you didn't.

I don't really try to read minds it just happens.  I don't really like to pry in most cases but it seems that in some cases some people want you to see certain things.  That or they themselves become so overwhelmed by it they can not contain the images in thier mind.

David Rogalski

Fenris

Hi All

On the topic of responsibility.

Perhaps the level of responsibility that an individual uses when they have power is a function of their beliefs as to where they fit in with the rest of mankind. Some people may consider themselves to indeed be powerful, and either their ego or ethics will position them to use control and show responsibility.

However in contrast, I'm sure that some of you will have heard the term 'Cowan' used to describe individuals who do not have power, or of not trying to develop it (Basically non-spiritual people). There are people who believe that the subculture of spiritual, or 'developed' individuals are separate from the rest of mankind, almost to the extent of being a different species. I believe this ideology arises because of beliefs in reincarnation and the importance of self evolution, and also because of psychological fulfilment. Although not necessarily negative, people with these beliefs may be more inclined to see themselves to be 'normal' and ordinary people to not even considered in the perceived scale of personal power. This detachment from society is what could lead to the abuse of personal power and the violation of peoples personal boundaries, sometimes just to prove to themselves their own ability. Is this what it means to have a god complex?

Or in other words it comes down to weather or not you think you are a more advanced person, or something special incomparable to normal people.

Nita, yes I think that above all else we should always be true to ourselves.

Sorry for taking the subject a little off the wall!

Best regards David      

Veni Vidi Vici

kakkarot

well, the communicating part seems to be starting to kick in now. everytime i have "impure" :)  thoughts about almost any girl that is standing around me, that girl tends to turn and look at me and then turn away. it's getting really annoying but it is a good way of forcing me to regain my mental self-control.

but the hearing is definately not linked to energy; it is a biological modification that is occuring because long ago i was trying to get my body to become "more perfect" and i guess i kinda set it on "automatic upgrade" mode and so now it won't stop changing. *sigh* oh well. i have started forcing it to tune down to a more bearable level though.

no, i haven't tried responding as though it were normal yet, because it ain't normal. i don't know whether it is some kinda traveller or a spirit that really does need help (though i could only begin to imagine what for). all i know is that i hear something calling my name sometimes.

when i hear the voice again i will try different ways of communicating with it, thanks for the help.  :)

nice story.

as to bonding to specific people: no. if i bond, then i do it to everyone as part of my getting to know people. i don't know if i bond though. regarding the people that i do hang around with a lot and respect, i tend to mimic them for a while (i take on many of their personality traits and their quirks and what-not). then i go back to being myself and i modify my self based upon what i learned about when i was "being someone else". if you wanna call that bonding, then go ahead, but i call it mimicing.

>>
The difficult part is figuring out if certain things happen because you say something or because you didn't.
>>>
why bother to try and figure these things out? just let what happens happen, change the things you need/want to, and guide some events along the paths you think they should go along (as long as you KNOW that what you are doing is a good idea). help people when you can, and don't when you can't. not everyone will figure out everything (hell, probably no one will figure out everything) but you could help people figure out the things they want to figure out, right?

i've been trying to read people's minds for years, but since i'm rarely in a situation where i can have any proof that what i am "reading" is from their mind rather than my own mind, i can never be certain whether i am reading someone's mind or just going insane :) .

God complex, eh? i get that sometimes (well, more like a superiority complex). when i am frustrated with mankind for being SOOOO stupid about the simplest things. i don't mind the fact that most people won't ever do calculus in their head (i can't), or that people aren't professors of one or two subjects (i'm not), but when people don't understand a simple concept like "why do people fight" (especially when the person who doesn't get it has a superiority complex or something like that) then i really think that some people are just stupid. not that they aren't as smart as other people, but that they are REALLY REALLY STUPID! I mean, i don't have anything against people who have a mental disorder or ailment that prevents their mind from being able to develop, but i do have something against people who just don't think; it's like they are purposefully remaining weak (minded at least) when they don't have to be cause they just don't see that they are so weak.

as to cowan, never heard it before. i just call them "normal people". but i don't think of people with "special"/developed abilities or power to be seperate. i see all mankind as having the potential to find power and abilities that are usually only seen in fairy tales, and that those people who have started to develop their potential are merely humans who have taken a different route through life than normal people.

but what is wrong with proving one's own ability? as long as someone doesn't get hurt, either directly or indirectly, then does it matter if you violate someone's "personal boundary" if they don't know? i mean, sure it does sound rather evil to be saying that i don't care about other people's personal privacy, but as long as it remains private (ie I don't tell anyone and I don't act any differently to that person just because of what i know) then i don't see why i can't sometimes do something just a bit not-goodly. depending on what you call "a bit", i guess.  :)  i'm not a bad person, much :) , but all of these abilities are still just tools, to be done with as one would do with any other tool. but what ever. i guess i have shot myself in the foot a few too many times today to bother continuing :)

but anyway.
"REMEMBER, KIDS, WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ABUSE THAT POWER" ~black mage
http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/145.htm

"Power corrupts: absolute power is kinda neat" ~fogot where from.  :)

~kakkorotto

Secret of Secrets

Nita

Hi Kakkarot
  Everyone proves their ability whether it is obvious or not. Just like you knew your co-worker was crying. It is when you force yourself into someone consciousness that is when problems start. I always try to not do to anyone else what I wouldn't accept being done to me.
  Clairaudience (hearing voices), telepathy, clairvoyance, empathy all develop when people do spiritual work upon themselves and open up their talents. Control is being able to shut it down or open it up when needed. You drain yourself if you go around with it opened up all of the time. You also can receive things that would make you feel like it isn't you or that you are going crazy.
  Meditation and mental exercises all help with this. I think that everyone has psychic abilities so no one is any different than anyone else.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Fenris

Hello all

Lately I have been noticing shadows and movment that appear in my peripherial vision, but these things disappear when I attempt to look at them more clearly.

I remember reading people atributing this sort of thing to spirits but I dont know much about it. Im not jumping to wild conclusions but if someone knows anything about this please fill me in.

Also to the best of my knowlegde I have perfect eyesight, and if its relivent I have a degree of auric sight which is developing.

best regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici