News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Some people steal my energy!

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

sounds like you have an empathic aptitude. your spirit is able to reach out and touch other spirits, enabling you to feel what they feel.

unless you cut yourself off from them, and don't feel SO caring about them, then giving your energy to them is going to be a way of life for you. i know that it is hard and it does seem rather un-goodly to not care about those around you, but if you are too tired to help even one, then you can completely forget about helping everyone.

remember, one person can make a difference, but doing it alone, especially without allowing yourself some time to recharge, will burn you out fast. even if you aren't DOING anything, but are just "feeling" out the world, it still takes some energy to do this.

also, yeah some people do steal energy, even unknowingly. it's a way of life. try shielding. or just retreating more into yourself than you are now; not that you have to COMPLETELY retreat into yourself and become a complete hermit, but just enough so that you can cut some ties to the people around you.

~kakkarot

powder

I read on one of the websites recommended by one of the members
that you should cross your fingers or legs to separate yourself
from being influenced ( just like regular body language ).

Perhaps you should try creating a pathway out of yourself --> so that
any energy sucked from you will be actually sucked from the ground
or some plants etc.
You might try getting your uncle sugar hyper so he wouldnt need any
energy, or you might try to overload his circuits by launching some
energy at him - that way he wouldnt need any more energy, he would
already have an excess in him.

Good luck

Tom

If there is anyone near you from whom you can learn reiki, it is going to be worth the cost.

Something to keep in mind is that the postures and hand gestures you use allow ranges of emotions. When you are in a really good mood and full of energy, the posture you are in does not allow you to feel bad. When you are feeling bad, it is not possible to feel good. The posture does not allow it. What happens is that you are shifting your posture from good to bad gradually and it is not as big of a difference as it should be. Your posture can literally put pressure on your chakras and channels. It also can interfere with your breathing and other physical processes. Tense muscles also need more energy than usual to maintain their tension. Difficulty breathing combined with continued muscle tension tend to reinforce anxiety. What you can do when you are around people you find draining is to make an extra effort to hold yourself upright in a relaxed way and concentrate on allowing your breathing to slow and deepen. Find a part of your body which is well rested and comfortable. Concentrate on a good feeling so that it will increase and spread out.

Anonymous

Car rides drain my energy. Especially long ones. I don't think cars are as efficient as people think. Sure they get you from point A to point B faster and they're good for long journeys and such, but don't you feel more tired after a 15 minute car ride, or am I just special?

Tom

We are trained to hold still in cars (and city buses). Instead of allowing ourselves to be bumped and pushed around slightly and going with it, we tense up our muscles. To make matters worse, "comfortable" usually means a seat which encourages a variety of slouching which compresses the rib cage and bends the spine. Fifteen minutes of tense muscles and difficult breathing would make anyone tired.

jason

kakkarots word "empathic" seems to apply very well here.I know wehat you mean when you say that unless I learn to detach from people a little,I'll never be able to help anyone,let alone one person.I never actually considered it before,but "empathic" seems to strike me as a good description.I sometimes "know" things about people-how they feel,general state of mind,sometimes even specific things.People just "radiate" things.I think everyone experiences this sometimes,but never really tune into it conciously.one time I made a few friends at a bar.I felt very agitated at paranoid around them.I didn't know what was going on,but I was very upset.there was a woman who seemed friendly.There was also a guy there who it turned out was an overly protective ex-boyfriend who didn't want anyone messing with her.I felt extremely agitated-something like a warning sign of extreme negativity surounding these people.There was another guy with them.I felt that he was a cocaine addict even before I actually met him.then one day a few months later I ran into the ex-boyfriend (we we "sort of" friends).he said that the other guy there was a cokehead who was spreading bad rumours about him.Even places seem to have emotional atmosphere in then,depending on who was there.
 Tom made some good points.there are several places which do reiki sessions where I live.I might even be able to learn it somewhere.I've often seen it on signs,ads and stuff,but I never understood what it was.something to do w/balancing the electrical field surrounding the body? and the point he also made about how our physical postures influence/reflect our emotions is interesting also.like when someone is feeling depressed,that persons body posture reflects it.the same when we are feeling happy, angry,etc.This seems to mean that we all can use this to our advantage by noticing when we are feeling negative in some way.When we notice that,we can adopt a more relaxed,positive,and energised posture.My brother told me about that a long time ago,but I forgot until now! I never thought that various postures can put pressure on various chakras-that's interesting and deserves furthur study. do the postures in such practices as tai chi and tensegrity relate in a similar way?-to influence how we feel and percieve in general?                                                sometimes I do raise and gather energy as powder has suggested-although obviously not enough.[B)]
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

Tom

Learning to do reiki is a way of breaking down the belief that we are limited to the energy we contain in our energy body (bodies?). It is not true any more so than that we can only use the air we currently have in our lungs. Just as we are living in an enormous source of air, we are also surrounded by energy. It can take some convincing, however, and reiki does this. Just getting treated with it is not enough.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we tend to imitate the posture, speech patterns, and breathing patterns of people whom we are paying attention to. It is not the same for everyone, though. It is much stronger for people with tendencies toward empathy.

Mgkeeper

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

We are trained to hold still in cars (and city buses). Instead of allowing ourselves to be bumped and pushed around slightly and going with it, we tense up our muscles. To make matters worse, "comfortable" usually means a seat which encourages a variety of slouching which compresses the rib cage and bends the spine. Fifteen minutes of tense muscles and difficult breathing would make anyone tired.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but i dont hold still in cars. Im bouncing all over the place, lol. But I do get tired in cars. And i've noticed. If i do anything in a car around noon on Saturdays, I get nauseous. What is that?? I mean, it doesn't happen on other days, or other times. Anyone have a clue about it??

Tom

A while back, and I don't know if I believe it, I read that internal combustion devices (cars, buses, etc.) have a lower frequency than people do and that if people respond to them by lowering their own frequency (energy level, basically. energy is directly proportional to a wave's frequency.) they get tired.

As to Saturday at noon, I have no clue. Have you tried using hypnosis or trance states to look for answers?

Mgkeeper

i have no clue how to do any of that. I made a thread about learning it, but i cant find it.....

Tom

What exactly were you posting about? Hypnosis, trance states, asking for information?

Mgkeeper

something along the lines of, "im a newbie and i have no clue about anything, can i get some help"

Tom

jason

can anyone suggest a good book about reiki-sounds interesting! deeply held beliefs about our physicality is probably one factor that keeps many people from experiencing O.B.E.'s.not entirely, but a piece of the puzzle anyways.

Tom

There are a lot of books on the subject reiki. The one that I suggest most often is "Essential Reiki" by Diane Stein. In my opinion the author of this book is seriously disturbed, but very intelligent and more open with information about reiki than any other author. Then there is "Reiki and the Medicine Buddha" by Maureen Kelly. She is a good reiki teacher, but she holds back information because most people seem to think it should only be taught in person.

It is important to keep in mind that there is something more important than how you get energy and in what quantities. The ways you use your energy and avoid its loss are even more important.

James S

Jason,

I too am an empath, and what Kakkarot described is accurate. You do have to take extra precautions as people's emotions can "stick". If you start to feel negative emotions when you walk into a certain situation, shield yourself - typically thoughts of white light & love will form a good defence. From what I've picked up from Tom's descriptions of Reiki, this sounds like a very good idea, as you can better learn how to work with the energy transfers that are involved. This is especially important if you have empathic abilities as they can be very draining.

James.

jason

that's a good point Tom made about how it is actually more important to keep track of how we use/lose energy.kind of like having a hole in your pocket and saying "I sure don't have much change in my pocket, I better put more in!".James S.-thancks for the shielding techniques,and general advice.Up until now I never realized what the hell was happening to me.I just knew I felt "different" in different places, and around different people.I think it started happening about ten years ago (around when I started obe!).It could have been happening before that,but I don't really remember.I seemed to go through a phaze where my sense of what is "real" turned from objective to subjective,if you know what I mean-things would just change constantly,depending on where I was and who I was with.This clarifies things a lot.I suspect that many people are empathic to some degree, they just don't conciously realize it.Maybe they figure they are just an emotional rollercoaster, and don't have any set beiliefs-due to the influence emotions have on what we believe about ourselves and the world.Is there a way to develop and strengthen these kinds of abilities in a positive way? I'm looking for more control.

Anonymous

From what people describe as empathic in this subject, I am definitely empathic. When I am around others I start talking like them and making the same bodily gestures. If someone moves their hands a lot I will also do that. Or if they talk with an accent, I will talk slightly with an accent as well. It's really annoying. I definitely have some problems retaining energy as well. Today I woke up at 8 and my earliest class was at 8:15. I was sooooo tired. I still am. Last night I meditated for a good 1 to 3 hours. Man, that drained me. It must have, because I was trying to meditate so I would relax and stop stressing out about stuff in  my life. I'm going to have to see how I lose energy. I know that when i do kung fu my energy is increased many times. But if I meditate then it is sucked out of me. I think I should stop meditating until I figure out what's going on.

CRIMINALMIND63

hebrewman

quote:
Originally posted by kakkarot

sounds like you have an empathic aptitude. your spirit is able to reach out and touch other spirits, enabling you to feel what they feel.

unless you cut yourself off from them, and don't feel SO caring about them, then giving your energy to them is going to be a way of life for you. i know that it is hard and it does seem rather un-goodly to not care about those around you, but if you are too tired to help even one, then you can completely forget about helping everyone.

remember, one person can make a difference, but doing it alone, especially without allowing yourself some time to recharge, will burn you out fast. even if you aren't DOING anything, but are just "feeling" out the world, it still takes some energy to do this.

also, yeah some people do steal energy, even unknowingly. it's a way of life. try shielding. or just retreating more into yourself than you are now; not that you have to COMPLETELY retreat into yourself and become a complete hermit, but just enough so that you can cut some ties to the people around you.

~kakkarot

I'm hebrewman.
I want to say your advice, is worth taking. Because I study The I Ching System and The Tarot Card System. I asked the systems how to protect myself, agianst psychic attacks. The I Ching System, advised Me, to turn my thoughts inwardly. The Tarot Cards System, advised me to retreat but not too far.

I used the advice of the systems. The more I used it the less drained out I felt. I guess experience, in turning one thoughts inwardly takes practice.

I did'nt know for sure this info was correct until you have describe the same solution to the problem.

Thank you for your comments, for it re-assured Me, of that which I was uncertain, of about my psychic self defense method.

thank you,

YAHrah dahVAH, W.C.W.P.
salvation20@yahoo.com
02-22-03 Sat21:20GMT

hebrewman

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

There are a lot of books on the subject reiki. The one that I suggest most often is "Essential Reiki" by Diane Stein. In my opinion the author of this book is seriously disturbed, but very intelligent and more open with information about reiki than any other author. Then there is "Reiki and the Medicine Buddha" by Maureen Kelly. She is a good reiki teacher, but she holds back information because most people seem to think it should only be taught in person.

It is important to keep in mind that there is something more important than how you get energy and in what quantities. The ways you use your energy and avoid its loss are even more important.

I'm hebrewman;
I don't know what exactly is rieki or reiki. But It sound like energy transference. This is when someone, is swapping energies with another. Giving one their negative energy and drainiong off anothers positive energies. Its also, can be used to reflect negative energies back at the sender.

Some negative energies, are from those whom are experiencing depression. Some positive energies, are from those whom have a positive attitude, about life or their plans in life and enjoys living. Now when these 2 individual meet. The one with the depression energy, will swap energies or mood with the one who have the positive outlook, about his life. When this is done their moods, will swap places. The one who were depressed, will feel positive about life and the one who, were positive about life will suddenly feel depress and discouraged.

These kinds of creatures I called them psychic vampires or psychic parasites. They often or sometime kills their victim(s), by draining all the energies out of their victim(s).

The first one called energy transference, is taught in most high school and colleges, advance psychology classes. And the second is taught in witch coven or secret occult fraternitites.

thank you,

YAHrah dahVAH, W.C.W.P.
salvation20@yahoo.com
02-22-03 Sat. 21:38GMT

Anonymous

Why are some people so imposing on others? Is it that they may have cord attachments to that person? I am highly empathic, and it sucks because when others are around me I can sense their energy and a great deal of the time it rubs off on me. Like, for instance, I have a harder time holding my stances in kung fu if the person next to me isn't holding theirs well or gives up sooner than I do. It's a real pain in the arse when you're trying to beat your record. How can I stop this?

CRIMINALMIND63

Look somewhere on this forum. I believe I place a post that has a couple of leg crossing and hand positions that might help to stop energy from being taking from you.

kakkarot

enderwiggin: perfect. i'd like to test something with you. i had the same problem for a while, and i changed it. in changing it i gained a very valuable skill (valuable for myself) and i was wanting to try to write about this skill in my journals so that others could read it.

but it happened a long time ago and i didn't really get a chance to understand what happened. so if you'd be willing, i'd like to suggest a solution to your problem, and if you could, could you please let me know what you undergo due to my solution?

i'd rather not say what i underwent since that might skew the results of your own experience and force you to achieve the same result i did rather than achieving an individual result. and in order to write about this so that it could apply to others i need for it to NOT be my own experience.

=====
so here's my solution.
when you are near other people, cut your ties from them completely. close your eyes and focus your entire attention upon yourself. draw in the connections that were just cut, and cut any that may still be there.

now take all your focus and focus on just ONE thing. for instance, holding your stance. ignore everyone around you, in fact ignore everyTHING around you, to the point that the world around you doesn't matter, where the only thing that matters it focusing on the one thing.

focus your entire mind on it, focus your entire body on it, and focus your entire spirit on it. turn off your senses and build a solid barrier around your focus so that nothing can disturb it. nothing. not an earthquake, not being hit, not even your own thoughts.

any time a thought enters your mind that isn't focused on the one task, use that as a reminder to focus more tightly on the one task. destroy the thought, then focus more intently on the one task. let nothing get in your way of doing the one task.
=====

regarding the entire solution right there that seems like it is just repeating itself over and over: i meant to do that. it should help you get into the frame of mind that i'm trying to get you into. a complete focusing of the mind to the point where your focus is concentrated to the size of a pinprick, gaining strength in its compression.

please get back to me if you are going to do this, or after you do do this.

~kakkarot

jason

Here's the deal: Me and my uncle are good friends,but when I am around him too long, I end up exhausted and a little "down".I also nitice that my moods change dramatically,depending on who I am with.Is there anything I can do to shield myself,to keep from losing energy? He struggles with severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.He knows I do astral projection (not much ever since I went on medication for anxiety though![xx(]oh well..).I know we can use AP to learn about ourselves and the multi-dimentional universe we inhabit.I see people everywhere in the world who are suffering and unfulfilled, and I feel a deep compassion for them.I would like to use astral projection to help people to live happier,more fulfilling lives.However, my skills are not exactly up to par yet,and they never will be if people keep taking my energy! (although the meds don't help either)any advice?