News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Spirit Guides

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

"Calling upon Angels, however, does not carry the same cautions as does blindly calling upon unknown spirits." ~ Czm33x

I don't know: a fallen angel (demon) could answer the call too. besides you could always just call out for goodly spirits to help.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

SilverSlider

Speaking of Spirit Guides, how can I meet or find out who my spirit guides are? I have read I think it was in a book by Sylvia Brown that you should ask you spirit guides to reveal themselves before you go to bed and eventually they will; is this right? Or is there another maybe faster, easier way? Thanks much

Czm33x

I just found some information on the internet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to what I read this is what to do.
Call out to your guides and ask them to appear. Then place a symbol of protection around the guides neck, so it hangs on his or her chest. So a chain and symbol.
If the spirit is really a guide, then the symbol will cause the guide to become more filled with white light.
If the spirit is not a guide, it will run away before you can put the symbol upon it or as soon as it sees the symbol. Or if it allows you to place the symbol upon it then it will visibly become weaker.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully the spirit will appear when asked to do so.

SilverSlider

I would assume that I should call out to my spirit guides to make them appear during meditation, right?

Tracy

I read somewhere that you should ask for a blessing (a true actual blessing).  If an entitiy wishing only to do harm then they will disappear and run away.  Don't let them get away with a vague and spacey blessing, it has to be full and very intent in goodness.  And if they don't run away but are vague then ask for another "specific"  blessing or they can leave.

James S

When my guide introduced herself to me, it was after I made a request for direction to fairly specific beings, based on my beliefs. In my case I have an unquestioning belief in angels, as I have personally encountered them. So it was to them that I put my request for guidance.

Czm33x, as to the info you found on the web regarding finding your guide, I'd take that ritual with a grain of salt (no protection pun intended here). I know of several people on this BBS who have found wonderful guides (myself definitely included) who have not used anything like that. It really does sound a bit formal and ritualistic.

Don't be too concerned about malicious spirits, as this will become a road block for whatever spiritual endeavours you set out to achieve. It has been mentioned in other posts by those experienced here that there are many spirits out there who do have your best interests at heart, and are more than willing to help.  Be cautious by all means, but remain open.

Finding a guide is something very personal. You will probably do well to relax, and make the request from your heart, in a way that best suits you, your character. That way the spirits will know your intent is an honest one.

James.

Czm33x

James S
I will not trust any being from the spirit worlds until that being can prove to me that it is what it claims to be. Blind faith and trust are not for me.
I had "spirit guides" tell me I was to start doing mediumship during the summer of 2000. Nothing happened. When I asked them why nothing happned, I received no response. Spirit guides? Doubtful. More like liars and scoundrels.
If a spirit will not appear when requested to do so then that spirit is likely a fake. If what a spirit tells you does not happen then you have a false spirit guide.
Regarding rituals. All of the old occult ways involve rituals of some sort,and these older ways work the best.  There is nothing wrong with occult rituals that are used for your benefit or any other person's benefit.
I have seen angels or beings that appeared as angels. I have seen and fought demonic spirts as well. I have seen spirits who were trying to pretend to be guides, but those spirits were of the lowest level.  I have even caught a few spirits around me who were pretending to be my guides, and as soon as they knew I realized what they truly were they fled.

Take no chances. Test your angels and guides to make sure that is what they truly are. Develop your intuition so you can sense when a trickster is around you, and eventually you might meet your true spirit guides and any other spirit beings who are around to help you.

James S

Ok, fair enough.
You seem to be very cautious of the spirit world.
Why is it that you desire to find your guide?

James.

Czm33x

I was not always this cautious, but since the summer of 2000 I have become cautious. When that summer passed and nothing happened I felt like a knife had been plunged into my back.
I want to meet them to see who they are.

KP

I asked to see my spirit guide during a recent lucid dream.  I was talking to her for a few minutes and then I said I had to go.  When i said that she screamed at me telling me I must stay (not in a friendly guide way).  It was quite frightening because when I woke up I had a horrible pain at the lower part of my spine.  It felt like a lot of negative energy flowing into me.  

Since then i've been reading more on neg attachments and it's starting to piece together why i've been having pains in certain areas when doing NEW and attempting AP.  I'm applying the ball point method (from PPSD) although i'm having trouble locating core images.

I know i'll have to be more careful in the future when reaching out for guides.

KP

http://www.prawny.com

Czm33x

I think this is why Wiccans and the Golden Dawn have such long periods of training. Wiccan training can last for around seven years.

Nita

Hello KP
  I have seen many things saying how to find your guides. They are called by different names. I  never looked for my guide, or guardian angel. She showed herself to me when I was ready and needed her help.
  I could say I felt her before I ever saw her. The calm feeling of everything will be alright after you are sure that you are doomed to whatever problems that occurs. They show themselves in a million ways. I figure that you have to progress to a certain point to see them. I know that I had too.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Czm33x

Quote: Personally, I do not advise projectors call out to 'unknown' spirits or 'unknown' guides to help them project, unless they know 'exactly' who or what they are calling, and can verify their credentials as to exactly who and what they are. Calling blindly for any help from anywhere carries a high risk of attracting the unwanted attention of undesirable astral wildlife and mischievous spirit entities. Most types of intelligent astral wildlife and spirit entities appear to require some kind of 'permission' before they can interfere with a living person's life. Calling blindly for help can provide an entity with all the 'permission' it needs, albeit obtusely. And, once permission is given in cases like this, it cannot so simply or easily be revoked. It is, I believe, a very unsafe practice indeed, to deliberately solicit the help of unknown spirit entities, as any type of open invite or request for help may invite a negative entity to trouble you instead. Calling upon Angels, however, does not carry the same cautions as does blindly calling upon unknown spirits.

So how does a person go about finding out if their spirit guides are truly guides or not?