Super mega big fat giant fear of sleep paralysis!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat_Turkey

My my...this place has changed a fair bit since I last was here...

Ok, on to my point. Those of you who know me, well, nice to see you again. For everybody else, hi.

*ahem*

I've had an acute phobia of aliens since I was young. Very young. I absolutely loathe them. If any of you have a phobia of anything, I'm sure you can at least relate a little bit to the intense absolute dread and loathing of the thing you have a phobia of.

And by aliens I mean big headed, 3ft tall, big eyed, grey skinned aliens known commonly throughout pulp culture as "Grays," "Greys," or "Zetas."

I hate them. I hate everything about them, every story, every person that ever says they are good or friendly beings is a fool.

I have a copy of Robert Bruce's Practicaly Psychic Self-Defense, and I believe that although it may have been a catylist for my intense fear of sleep paralysis, and hence projection itself, nothing frightened me more from that book than, you guessed it, more proof of aliens than I have ever encountered.

He proved my speculation all along, that these "Grays" are in fact, astral beings. I still have no clue as to their validity in this physical world, but one thing is for certain, he showed me that they do indeed exist out there in the astral. As negs.

In the book, Robert Bruce retells his experience of helping a family with their young child. I don't have the book next to me, because I feel directly quoting it right now will sidetrack me. Basically, Robert entered a trance to see what was wrong, and as per usual, late at night, possibly even early in the morning, he saw what was happening to the young lad.

Not one, but TWO aliens were attacking him. Attaching symbiotic...THINGS...to the child, leaching his energy, and TORMENTING him. The fear from the child was gargantuan.

The next contributing factor to my fear of projection comes from a program on TV about sleep paralysis. Basically, most people experience intense fear in sleep paralysis. Bruce even outlined this in Practical Psychic Self-Defense and even in Astral Dynamics. The documentary was originally set out to "explain" alien abduction experiences as merely illusions of the mind. Hah. Try telling someone in THIS community that sleep paralysis is not a spiritual/ethereal encounter, and see how far you get. Anyway, the TV program went on to describe similar encounters, such as encounters with demons, imps, and other such things. Each encounter the person was paralysed in bed, and in some cases they were dragged out -- and in the case of the aliens, they were lifted out of their beds by the UFO's tractor beam.

Now that I've given you sufficient information about my phobia, you can see why I play my Gameboy Advance for at least an hour every night, why I get scared going to the toilet at night, why I loathe uncurtained windows at night, and why I sleep with a light on. But on top of all this, hopefully you can see why I am so scared of Astral Projection.

My dilemma is, I want to project. I want to be psychic. I want to be inspired, to feel the power and to see all the gorgeous beauty of it all. The only problem is that, somewhere along the lines, something is probably going to scare me - terrify even. And well, I literally fear having an experience that will scare me. I fear fear. And though some people might say that is wise, I find it an immense obstacle.

Another contributing factor to this whole dilemma is the fact that I believe that if I ever get into a sleep paralysis situation the first thing that will come to my mind is alien abduction. What will happen from there? I will hallucinate it. The only precaution for that of course is to approach SP with the knowledge that if it ever happens I must snap out of it.

Here's a case study: I've been involved in mild SP several times. I would be dreaming and I'd be looking out of my eyes, most likely with closed eyelids. I would then get filled with dread, not because of another being in the room, but I'm screaming to myself "Get up, get mobile, or they'll get you. They're coming, get up before they arrive!!" I would honestly believe that if I did not act quickly, something would come to attack me, and although nothing has happened as of yet, I'm sure that if I stayed behind arguing with myself that the part that has the fear would win and I would hallucinate something that would likely traumatise me for life and cause me severe insomnia for several weeks.

I am also scared of the exit symptoms for this reason. I am under the assumption that the mind will craft things fairly quickly in the astral environment. So that being said, astral exit symptoms would be fairly similar to sleep paralysis, except far more random. I've heard of the hands grabbing effect, and the falling/pulling effect. I believe that if I were to feel either of these, especially the hands-grabbing effect, the first thing I would think of would be "aliens!!!" and then what do you know? I'm having a self-induced alien abduction experience.

I felt a hand grabbing my shoulder whilst falling asleep last night. I was aware of my bed behind me so I knew it was ridiculous. But guess what my first thought was? If you've been reading this carefully I don't have to write it out. But on closer inspection I found out it was coming from my dream, that my friend (in my dream) had walked up to me and patted me on the shoulder. But the initial thought I had from this feeling of a hand on my shoulder - the thought obviously of "aliens!!" - made the hand small, slender, and very alien-like.

I'm thinking of getting therapy for this, but I haven't got the heart to tell my parents. They know I used to have night terrors and I would wake up screaming at night, but that time has passed, so I don't think they'd believe it was a problem.

If anybody can offer any advice or insights, I would be in your debt.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for any feedback.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Andromache

Well I'm an astral abductee, the greys would yank me out all the time. Five years after they started picking me up, my attacks began. I've heard the same story from several other people, too.

If you're trying to flat out prevent it from happening ever, I can tell you right now what will happen. You'll get hit, you'll freak out and be so wrapped up in being freaked out you won't think or function. The neg will pick up on it, take advantage of it, and you're finished.

You can walk outside your house and be mugged or raped or God knows what. You can't necessarily stop it. If it happens, you mentally and emotionally prepare yourself to deal with it so you can continue functioning.

Key word: you sacrifice. That is why being a target of this crap sucks so bad. All you do is sacrifice. This is why it is so taxing, so hard, so life consuming.

If you have a support system around you, and it happens, you'll survive because the sacrificing won't be so bad.  Love and support for each other is the only coping method to get through it. It will also give you room to think, to feel, and to deal with what's happening to you.

Short story: I doubt you can permanently avoid this. All you can do is move through it.

Andromache

Oh Yeah...did you find any long black and blue marks on your body anywhere? Like long fingers?

cinnabardk

Welcome back Fat_Turkey !

Good to hear from you again.

QuoteI'm thinking of getting therapy for this, but I haven't got the heart to tell my parents. They know I used to have night terrors and I would wake up screaming at night, but that time has passed, so I don't think they'd believe it was a problem.

Are you living your life for your sake, or the life that your parents would prefer that you live ?

Have you tried the core image removal technique described by Robert Bruce ?

It probably won't do a lot against the aliens, but according to what I have read, some of the astral aliens feed on fear.  If you eliminate, or alleviate  your fear perhaps you will be less attractive to them. I regularly use the core image removal technique and it always helps immediately if I am in a fearful, depressed, etc. mood. The trick is to remember to use it, even if you feel powerless.

I would also suggest that you change your focus to the more positive aspects of life. I have just begun reading "Ask and It Is Given". It is definitely NOT yet another book about positive thinking. Perhaps it is something for you too.  You can look inside it on amazon.com, and you can also visit the website: http://abraham-hicks.com/

As to combating aliens, I haven't got any experience. But perhaps it is worth you time to construct an astral sword during the day, and strengthen it everyday by focusing your attention on it. Perhaps you will remember to use it in your dreams/the astral.
The greatest adventure outside the time-space illusion begins, when the world ends.

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

Fat_Turkey

Thanks for your advice.

No, I don't believe I will be able to avoid this situation. It seems that one of these days I am going to experience contact with them, I can only hope that I am prepared to fight back my fear and combat them.

I have tried RB's core image removal method, and it has helped. There was a lag time for the effect to take place, and my fear has definitely decreased, though...I still don't look at the sky very confidently at night.

I guess I have to realise that they are nothing but negs, and negs are very weak and have very little willpower and energy. We, on the otherhand, are wellsprings of practically eternal energy, and we can control it far easier than any neg can. If the greys are negs, then I am stronger than them. No amount of bug-eyed, tractor beams, UFOs can stop that fact.

Wow. I feel a bit better now =D

Thanks for the advice.

Oh! I didn't get black and blue marks on my back, no. But it would be enough for me to tell you if I did ^_^

~FT
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Nay

Well hey there FT!  Am I allowed to skip over the whole alien thing and just say......hey?

Know I'm not one of your better friends, but believe it or not, missed you....a tad....just a bit...a little...a fraction.......;)     but missed ya, non the less.

Nay. :D

Andromache

QuoteI guess I have to realise that they are nothing but negs, and negs are very weak and have very little willpower and energy. We, on the otherhand, are wellsprings of practically eternal energy, and we can control it far easier than any neg can. If the greys are negs, then I am stronger than them. No amount of bug-eyed, tractor beams, UFOs can stop that fact.

Not all of them...

Greys? Weak? I fell asleep on my couch one night, woke up to a whirring sound, sat up and was physically, forcibly, slammed back down on the couch and frozen. My eyesight went black and that's all I remember from that night. That is hardly what I call weak.
[/quote]

Fat_Turkey

Hi Nay ^_^

The reason I say they're weak is because Robert Monroe also spoke about Greys in his books. He had an alien abduction experience where they (the greys) strapped him to a table. He looked at them, smiled, said "no no no," got up, patted one of them on the face and flew out of the UFO.

Plus, when I used to get night terrors from them quite badly, I used quite a few basic methods, e.g. finding one in my dream and going BOO! and the bugger ran away. The fear comes and goes, and it was hard to do, but I didn't get many night terrors afterwards.

But that's of course, the neg form of greys. I have no idea about their other forms...I mean, the reason that a neg might look like a grey is simply to scare people so that they can leach energy, 'cuz that's what negs do - scare people. There are enough people scared of greys to make some sort of negative repurcussion in the astral/real-time zone, I think.

Anyways, I'll stick to my original plan, and thanks for the ongoing support ^_^

~FT
-Anonymous

weeNinja

I think the first thing you should do is take your copy of psychic self defense, and throw it in the bin! You dont need it!
What started off as a subtle subconcious fear is growing out of proportion because you keep feeding it!  The result: you are, or eventually will, manifest these fears into your own sphere of awareness. Stop energizing it with thought.

Fear comes from a belief in duality; a belief in two powers instead of One, a belief that there can be a power opposing the One conciousness which spawned (and IS) everything!

....but hey,  watever.
:D  :D

Happy thoughts to you  :D  :D
Hello :-)

www.grillflame.com

Nita

Hello FT
  I have a Removing Negativity Prayer upon my website www.astralhealer.com that seems to help with releasing fears and anxieties. You might want to try that and see if it helps.
  I astral project all of the time but I do not know how to suggest not fearing what could happen. I always try to deal with things why they are happening. I have a really good imagination and trying to think of everything in life that can happen before it happens would make me really paranoid and upset.
  I guess the whole thing is to build up your confidence in what you can do and deal with in your life. You can not face down aliens in real life unless you are in a situation you should be afraid of anyway.
  I hope the prayer helps you with the night terrors. If not I may be able to help with a few other ideas.
   Nita
www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Fat_Turkey

Thank you very much for the ongoing support =D, especially weeNinja...that is possibly the best piece of advice so far.

I will try that prayer soon, and I'll be sure to browse the site too.

Thank you very much

Peace

~FT
-Anonymous