News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Five Tibetans Yoga system

Previous topic - Next topic

jkvoelk

I am not specifically familiar with the Five Tibetan yoga.
You might look into the books by Mantak Chia on Taoist Inner Alchemy.
They basically tell you how to run energy through the body ,store it and remove blockages.  Blockages need to be removed first, and then the energy accumulated and stored.  If blockages aren't removed first problems can arise both physically and mentally.
There is a way of storing Chi in the organs and muscles that creates a protective layer of interior power that enables the body to withstand injury called Iron Shirt Chi Kung.  I am not too sure how much a person can learn from a book with regards to this.  See if there is a Healing Tao instructor where you live.
I think the web address is universaltao.com
jkvoelk

kate123

the five tibetans is a series of yoga like exercises.  it is quite simple to do and does not take a lot of time.  some people swear by it.
if you like dynamic yoga you might also like to try asthanga vinyasa.  that is the most physicallly demanding style of hatha yoga.

the 8 limbs of yoga by patanjali on the contrary contain the whole yoga phylosophy.  advanced students of yoga and buddhist meditation will attain what is called in sanskrit siddhis. these are powers that would include astral traveling, magic, etc. the further advanced the more powerful the siddhis become.  a true yogi or dharma practitioner though knows that the siddhis are not the goal.  they are simply side effect of advancing on the path of enlightment.

hopw this helps a bit........k

Adrian

Greetings everyone!

Mantak Chia has an excellent Taoist website with many lessons and articles at this location:

http://www.universal-tao.com/

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Mathias Jonsson

Hi

As I´m using the Rhythmic Breath exercise (breath in for six heartbeats, hold for two, breath out again for six) in my ritual curriculum, I´ve been inspired to start doing Hatha Yoga exercises, as I´m also have alot of muscular tensions in my neck and shoulders.

Has anyone here heard of the "Five Tibetans" yoga system, it consists of five physical exercises that are said to bring "mental sharpness and physical youth".They are included in D.M. Craig´s book MODERN MAGICK.
This system seems to me a good start as it doesn´t take so much time, and might be a good intro. to the Hatha Yoga system in general.

If one is going to build strong astral defences, a good physique is important too. I studied Ninjutsu (which is realted to Tantra) back in the late Eighties, and oriental martial arts/physical exercises have always interested me.
Crowley once pointed out: "Master the eight limbs of yoga otherwise you have no discipline for war".
I guess Thelemites (followers of Crowley and students of the OTO system) lay a lot of weight on the importance of Yoga as a supplement to Magick.