News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The naked truth of chronic negativity...

Previous topic - Next topic

SpectralDragon

quote:
Originally posted by McArthur

quote:
Originally posted by need

Isn'tit too shallow to think that just by being positive, then positivity will return to you. If you're negative then you'll receive same.

This is something for the Philisophical Forum. And while i tend to agree with the main thrust of it, it has nothing to do with Psychic Attacks. You wont stop a psychic attack just by being positive. Saying so seems to imply that all psychic attacks are caused by whether one is negative or positive (which inlcudes a hidden accusation that "its all your fault you are under attack for being negative". which is a ridiculous assumption.

Rober Bruce has come under many attacks for varying reasons. Are we to assume he is a negative person then?

I know of many people who are good people and suffer such attacks. Such is life.

Mick

quote:
Originally posted by James S

Hi Mick,
quote:
I could ask where these numbers come from but won't [:)]

No statistsics there Mick, just an observation. Besides, I don't bother much with statistics since it's been shown that 43.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot. [;)]

That we observe is perhaps the greatest tool that we have and then to be able to present and debate to continuously improve our maps of our environment.
quote:
I just recall very clearly how many people were "relieved" of the responsibility of dealing with their own problems by over zealous ministers who could ascribe a demon for every situation. Funny how often those demons would return simply because the people believed the minister could just take it away with an aggressive prayer, and there was nothing more they had to do about it.

I used to be more involved in spiritualism as a healer and also did some message giving. I moved out of it largely for the same reasons. There were too many people for me that simply looked to transfer responsibility for their own lives.

quote:
To all,
I know a lot of people come here because they've read PPSD and are looking for help. We all need to remain very much aware that while some genuinely are neg attacks, there are also a lot that aren't. Despite what some might think we don't turn anyone away, and we don't tell people it's all in their mind.  

Agreed, the topic at http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10528 involving myself [V] is perhaps an alternate example of a cause of issues for some. As I mentioned before so think we are agreeing:
quote:
There are some here that try to investigate reported problems by questioning and analogy plus they attempt to give supportive feedback. This feedback as I see it does cover the fuller spectrum of percieved advice and in some cases some members here get actively involved in attempts to support people.

Just need to keep the space clear of the more polarised commenting [;)]
Mick

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Dark Knight

Not validating or recognizing a person when they are in dire straights or making an effort to see and understand what they need is as bad as turning them away...treating people as if they were invisible.

kiauma

How are you validating or recognizing anyone here except you and your supporters - those who share your views?

Just an honest question DK.  Please give examples.  [:)]
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

SpectralDragon

quote:
Originally posted by kiauma

How are you validating or recognizing anyone here except you and your supporters - those who share your views?

Just an honest question DK.  Please give examples.  [:)]

This question needs to be asked of ALL sides.

Nay

I am pleased to say that Linda wrote a followup to her first article that started this thread.  

How do deal with negative spirit.
Copyright © 2004 Linda M. Francis (quinte)

Becoming more spiritually aware means that we learn about the power of love, and how, it not only protects us, but also changes us into authentically empowered people. This love shows us that there is no need to fear, nor to hate, nor to be negative about anything that is placed upon our path. For whatever we do encounter upon our travels through this lifetime can be dealt with in two ways. One way is the reactive way, which is instigated by our own ego. The other way is the active way of Love, which in turn is inspired by our souls.

If we, just for a minute, stand still and examine what this ego entails - we find the value of fear. Fear, mind you, is an extremely broad term. It is such, because whatever notion of negativity we express is based upon one fear factor or another. Anger is the result of fear. Insecurity is the result of fear. Hatred is the result of fear. There are many more ways in which Fear shows itself.
Ego in turn is our protector, the safekeeper of our physical. Many regard the ego as something that should be done away with - whilst all the time it is quite impossible to eradicate ego. One however can transform a negative ego into a positive one.
When we react, we invariable involve our ego - It is when we react to what we deem can harm us, what upsets us, or provokes us in any manner, that we in turn react with the negative aspect of our ego. Our reaction to positive events comes forth from the positive aspect of our ego. Those wanting to become more spiritually aware quickly realise that reaction is the culprit to many upheavals. For spiritually aware people have learnt to act upon their own inner abundance, which is governed by their Soul. This soul aspect judges not, argues not, yet accepts - in the true language of Universal Love.

Having now spoken of the negative aspect of ego, and the positive attributes of Soul - we can arrive a little closer to the question at hand. How do we deal with negative spirit?

Negative energy is of lower energetic vibration. It is actually not correct to state that negative energy is weaker than positive energy - for anger in itself can come across as extremely strong. The difference however is in the vibration.
The negative is of slower vibration (denser) and the positive of higher vibration( less dense). It is not possible for lower energy vibrations to overpower that of higher energy vibration. Being higher in vibration - that which is positive, very easily can overcome that which is negative (and of lower vibration). And thus, (not being able to touch the higher energy vibrational levels), negative energy needs to consort with it's own kind - or that of even lower vibration than itself.

If you are subjected to spirits with lesser intent - then it merely indicates that within you is an area of lower vibrational energy. (Which is probably what is meant when one speaks about malicious spirits that take advantage of those with a weak aura). Please do not be alarmed by this - for from time to time each one of us will experience a spot or area in our energy fields (aura) that is of lower vibration. This does not necessarily indicate that the entire aura is of low vibration. Our aura's (and thus energy levels) fluctuate from moment to moment. Areas can become of lesser vibration due to many things. If one constantly entertains negative thoughts one very easily can establish such energy - much as it can be brought about by fear (of any kind), incorrect diet, illness or even certain types of medication.

And thus - an earthbound spirit (one with a lower energy vibration) would seek out those people with an equivalent vibration in order to have some fun. Please also bear in mind that the belief of the possibility of such occurring already is enough to lower one's energy vibration. It is an open invitation!

The most powerful tool we humans have command and total control over is our thought. The mind is about the strongest antidote we have to rectify these lower energy areas that exist within our energy fields. By thinking positive one already raises one's vibrations. We can use our own minds (our ways of thinking) as soul medication to heal our energy levels. Our positive thoughts will gradually balance out our energy, and gradually allow it to progress into higher and higher vibration. During this process the physical likewise will gradually heal of dis-ease - as will the hold negative ego has on one, become less and less.

And thus is the importance of becoming spiritually (soul) aware - for once one has made acquaintance with this special type of Universal Love - one has gained that authentic power that fears no fear. One has come to realise that only that which one entertains will come to one.

So yes - the bare fact is that we do energetically attract that to us (knowingly or unknowingly) by automatic invitation, in accordance to our own energy levels.

As far as spirit goes - there are (as with us humans) also various energy vibrations in which they reside. Those spirit closer to earth (and thus referred to as earth bound spirit) are of denser (slower) vibration. Spirit that has evolved to higher realms (such as the spirit plane, and higher dimensions) obviously are of higher vibration. It is for this very reason that a medium will attempt to raise their own energy levels (vibrations) first before attempting to make any contact with spirit.
Being of lower energy vibration - these spirits love to play tricks and games in manner of teasing. There ofcourse are also those spirit that have far lesser intent in mind. They are usually the cunning ones - for they will present themselves as good, comforting and nice. Once they know they have your attention, they have no qualms to show their true nature.

Please, do not fear these types of spirit - for it is this very fear which lowers your energy, and thus makes it possible for them to connect to you.

If you seek immediate resolve against these types of spirit, and cannot build up sufficient mind power at such short notice - then perhaps you may wish to visualise yourself surrounded by white light. This white light helps to raise your energy levels, and in doing so, you will be protected. Every day, just quietly say to yourself that you are protected, (KNOW that you are protected), and are not open nor available to receive any earth bound spirit.
Should one slip through a little crack caused by doubt (or something similar) - then just calmly announce that it must leave you alone - for in the Universe your wish and command stands!

If and when a spirit visits you, please also check by asking them if they are from the light. Invariably they will state that they are. But you only need to ask them ONCE again - and the truth must be told. Some may refrain from answering the second time around - which is indicative enough of their lesser intent. If they are not from the light then again merely send them packing, in a calm and poised manner - or (if you wish) advise them to go to the light.
Never fight or antagonise such a spirit, for in reacting so you merely succeed in lowering your own vibrations and thus enabling a far easier access for this spirit. Attempt instead to send love to this spirit, for this act will raise your vibrations, to which the lesser spirit has no access.

I wish you well on your journeys!
---------------------------------
I want to say thanks to Linda, for allowing me to post this. [:D]

Nay

Sare

Do you not know that the dark decive.

Dark Knight

James S

Sare, yes this is mentioned -
"Being of lower energy vibration - these spirits love to play tricks and games in manner of teasing. There ofcourse are also those spirit that have far lesser intent in mind. They are usually the cunning ones - for they will present themselves as good, comforting and nice."

Regards,
James.

Sam

Words are fun aren't they.  There are writers and there are readers.  Some writers are deceptive, others are honest.  Some readers will believe anything and others like to back up words with experience.  Everyone chooses which category they fall into, some paths seem easier than others but often lead to trecherous mountain passes surrounded by landslides and snowfalls.  I'm sure "Linda M. Francis" is a writer of the highest distinction.

McArthur

quote:
Originally posted by Nay
Please, do not fear these types of spirit - for it is this very fear which lowers your energy, and thus makes it possible for them to connect to you.

I agree that fear is one factor amongst many that negs do use against their victims.
quote:

If you seek immediate resolve against these types of spirit, and cannot build up sufficient mind power at such short notice - then perhaps you may wish to visualise yourself surrounded by white light.

And another veiw (some of which does agree with the author) is this article by Robert Bruce: http://www.astralpulse.com/articles/robert/articles_18.htm
"First, please understand that I have extensive firsthand experience in this area, helping many people suffering various kinds of psychic and demonic attack; as well as coming under fire myself on countless occasions. I do not say what I am about to say in order to undermine your personal confidence in any way; but simply because you have posed the question. You also do not have to accept what I have to say; that being entirely your prerogative."
quote:

Should one slip through a little crack caused by doubt (or something similar) - then just calmly announce that it must leave you alone - for in the Universe your wish and command stands!

Ahhh if only this were true [:(]. The author quite frankly has obviously very little experience in this area.
quote:

If and when a spirit visits you, please also check by asking them if they are from the light. Invariably they will state that they are. But you only need to ask them ONCE again - and the truth must be told.

Yet again more New Age myths that prove this author does not know what she is talking about. This whole "spirits can not lie twice" idea is total rubbish. I know this from experience, not because i've read it somewhere and is an unproven belief i hold.
quote:

If they are not from the light then again merely send them packing, in a calm and poised manner - or (if you wish) advise them to go to the light.

These are the words of someone who has never had a serious neg problem. How does she propose you "send them packing"? Perhaps she should read about some of Robert Bruces' experiences and/or his PSD book. Although i do agree it would be better to stay calm.
quote:

Never fight or antagonise such a spirit, for in reacting so you merely succeed in lowering your own vibrations and thus enabling a far easier access for this spirit. Attempt instead to send love to this spirit, for this act will raise your vibrations, to which the lesser spirit has no access.

Do you have that quote from Robert Bruce handy DK?

Nay

Ahhhhhh..McArthur and Dk, so lovely to see you this fine morning of my birth!  Thanks for your comments! [:D]

Hey....how 'bout for my birthday, you two stop playing tag team for one day, on the Astral Pulse?  Now that will be the most wonderful gift a old gal like me can get! [:D] [^]

Thanks ya'll, knew you would understand [;)]

Nay

James S

YES!! I FOUND IT!!!!!

I'd like to copy the following post into this topic, as I feel it appropriate.

It was originally written by Frank.

I think anyone here who knew Frank at all knew him to be possibly one of the most gifted and experienced astral projectors we've ever had. For those who haven't had the priviledge of knowing him, he came to the forum with 20+ years of very frequent OBEs and quite possibly has more experience in this area than even Robert Bruce, though this is not a point I wish to start getting into disputes over. Frank was at a stage where his waking mind was alost constantly tuned in to the astral as well as the everyday physical.

These things I'm saying to let people here know that if anyone is able to speak from experience, Frank probably had the greatest level of experience than anyone else on this site. And yes, I too dearly hope he is ok and is some day able to make a return to the forum.

Anyway, this is one of his posts from an early topic regarding astral dangers:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=560

In my hundreds of true-Astral experiences never once did I come across an entity that bore malice. Quite the opposite in fact.

Please understand that the Astral is merely energy which you perceive with your senses. I firmly believe that your Astral experiences are distorted by the "slant" that we tend to place on our sense of perception.

An example of this, on the physical plane, would be to take a half-full container. Personally, I would always see it as half full. But there are those who would habitually think the opposite, and there are those who would see things either way depending on what was in the container. :)

That is not to say you will never had a scary experience. Sure, you will have lots of those! But it will only feel scary because you are viewing something that looks SO unfamiliar. Like, for example, the first time I travelled in an underwater region. Convincing my sense of consciousness that it was okay took quite a lot of effort!!!

However, you do need to realise there is a base Astral region that exists somewhere between a Lucid Dream and the Astral proper. It is an area I became fully familiar with due to my having been "trapped" there for about 5 years. I call it the "training ground" or zone. This is the place where Dragons are fought and Demons are slain. :)

Basically, in the training zone, your thoughts are played back to you on what I call a 360 degree bubble-screen. I posted information on this a couple of weeks ago to another thread. So you should be able to dig that out. In the training zone, whatever you basically believe or think, instant by instant, will be immediately played back to you in glorious technicolour. Myself I spent 5 years slaying dragons, breathing fire, fighting wars, dealing with demonic entities, etc., etc. (I had a rather turbulent upbringing!)

The reason why I called it the training zone is because what this region serves to teach you, ultimately, is that what we human-beings call "thought" is actually a primary energy. So the vibrational purity of your thoughts determines your Astral experiences.

You see, on the Astral, it is impossible to "spoil anyone's party" as you can only perceive regions that strike a harmony with your own vibrational energy.

I have also had experiences, particularly early on in my travels, that I call training-ground buffer experiences. These are where I might have got a little fearful for an instant and you find yourself sort of halfway in the training zone and halfway in the Astral proper. It's like on the one side of you is looming some demonic entity that is set to justify your fear... and on the other side is what remains of the Astral scenery you were experiencing.

Another little pitfall that can catch you out, is you now and again come across what I call "scamps". Scamps are these friendly and often very humourous (but secretly devilish) creatures who can scan your thoughts for trace vibrational impurities (fear, anger, malice, and such like) and latch onto them.

They have the ability to feed off this energy and they use it to fuel what I call their "little party trick"; which is to distort their form (or distort the form of something around you) in order to trick you into perceiving they are something much more sinister than they really are. They often catch you out!

The key to dealing with scamps is to just be calm and neutral. Hence, the trace energy they are feeding off is soon used up. At which point the facade fades away and the creature normally beats a hasty retreat.

Personally, I feel a lot more safe on the Astral than I do on the physical these days. :)

Yours,
Frank

Please read this carefully, and please consider as I mentioned before, Frank's very high level of experience. True they are the experiences of only one man, but it would be fair to say that he has seen and done more in the astral in the last 20 years, than most of us could ever hope to.

It is also fair to point that his comments do relate entirely to experiencing entities in the astral, and not the physical, but then it is also fair to point out that the astral is where most of these entities we've been discussion originate.

Kind regards,
James.

Nay

Brilliant post James! [:D]

*Reminder to self

Read all of Franks posts. [^]

Nay

Dark Knight

Ramiel

What happens, happens - and happens for a reason.

The end, goodbye.

kiauma

No one is arguing that with you Ramiel - not anyone.  :)

Happy B-day Nay!  [:D]

Indeed, great work on finding that post James.  Frank's post is consistent with astral vibrational theory as it is widely accepted.  It would appear that there are those with a bias to see the glass half full - and do - and those with a bias to see the glass half empty - and do.

And DK, I am not sure what the point of your post was.  All along you and your supporters have been substantiating your experience as an aspect of astral experience.  If it is not, what is it?  

Again, just an honest question.   All of your arguments, as I understood them, were based on arguments of the nature of the astral and astral entities.  

Your post has left me rather confused.  Please help me to understand.

McArthur

quote:
Originally posted by Nay

Ahhhhhh..McArthur and Dk, so lovely to see you this fine morning of my birth!  Thanks for your comments! [:D]

Happy Birthday nay! I hope you are having a great day. [:)]
quote:

Hey....how 'bout for my birthday, you two stop playing tag team for one day, on the Astral Pulse?

Firstly, Dk and myself are not playing "tag team", i hardly know her. Secondly, i dont see why anyone should stop posting because it is your birthday. This is a serious subject that needs talking about.

McArthur

As regards to the post by Frank i think Robert Bruce himself has stated that he does not want to paint the image that the Astral is full of demons and nasties galore etc. But there are certain beings that can be quite nasty just as there are humans in this world of ours that can be nasty. Robert has stated that due to the nature of their neferious activities negs are generally very secretive and shy when encountering an Astral Projector so many experienced projectors may not come across them unless they purposely go looking in the lower Astral areas.

Robert Monroe also describes these lower areas in Far Journeys where he saw various beings, humans or otherwise, attaching themselves to living humans trying to live through them vicariously and/or affecting peoples lives.

Carlos Castaneda is another one, he called them "The Flyers".

There are far too many experienced and respected projectors and/or authors/researchers/mystics in this area who have commented on negs for it to be a coincidence.

And of course there are the various spiritual/religious traditions of demons/unclean spirits. Jesus exorcising spirits is one example, or Buddhism has what they term "Hungry Ghosts".

kiauma

As regards to the post by Frank...

We quite agree with you McA...  [;)]

McArthur

quote:

As regards to the post by Frank...

We quite agree with you McA...  [;)]

Would you mind explaining what you mean and who the "We" are?

McArthur

quote:
 It would appear that there are those with a bias to see the glass half full - and do - and those with a bias to see the glass half empty - and do.

It isnt about seeing the glass half full or half empty. It is to do with the fact that unfortunately some of us have experienced what it is like to suffer psychic attacks by negs. And there seems to be a few heartless "love and light brigade" types on here that, because they have not experienced these things and therefore do not fully understand (and also probably through fear of the actual "negative" subject) tend to ridicule those that are suffering.

Like i said elsewhere you are not helping youre just being petty and perhaps causing more pain to those who are genuinely suffering.

When you are being robbed by a guy with a gun to your head you're not being "biased" or seeing the glass "half empty", youre being robbed.

kiauma

Would you mind explaining what you mean and who the "We" are?

What I meant was that your post was completely superflous, adding nothing, but merely repositing what 'we' had already posted as being your own.

It isnt about seeing the glass half full or half empty. It is to do with the fact that unfortunately some of us have experienced what it is like to suffer psychic attacks by negs.

Did you read Frank's post which James had put there for everyone to see?  If you did, I suggest you reread it carefully, you seem to have missed the entire point.  You apparently missed Frank's explanation of how he was trapped in the lower astral realms for 5 years, mistaking it for the whole of the astral experience, which apparently you still do as well, given your point of being robbed as some sort of equivalent example.  Or, perhaps you could explain how you have far more experience than Frank, or the others whom even you agree corroborate Frank's explanation, and why you actually disagree with him.

Like i said elsewhere you are not helping youre just being petty and perhaps causing more pain to those who are genuinely suffering.

Must you go there again McA?  Tell you what I'll do, just for you.  I'll be the bigger person here, and take away my big bad POV, letting you have your way.  After all, I wouldn't want to be petty, and cause a lot of pain to "those(?)" who are genuinely suffering (as opposed to those who are not 'genuinely' suffering, I take it).

If you have anything else to say to me, I suggest you PM me.

Ramiel

Just one of the annoying things I always see, is that whenever a new thread is made Dark Knight feels the need to reply in what I feel is a negative light. Using her experiences to gain sympathy or assistance or at least as a springboard from which to post blatantly against outside views she does not accept herself.

I don't mean to judge - that is not my intent - but its irritating to see thread after thread erupt in arguement and misunderstanding because of these posts.

Been watching it for a while, and not only does it derail the thread but it just becomes an irritation to read.

I dont mean to jab, just an honest view of the state of this sub-forum and it hurts the topics that come up. Disagree with me at will [;)]

SpectralDragon

quote:
Originally posted by Ramiel

Just one of the annoying things I always see, is that whenever a new thread is made Dark Knight feels the need to reply in what I feel is a negative light. Using her experiences to gain sympathy or assistance or at least as a springboard from which to post blatantly against outside views she does not accept herself.

I don't mean to judge - that is not my intent - but its irritating to see thread after thread erupt in arguement and misunderstanding because of these posts.

Been watching it for a while, and not only does it derail the thread but it just becomes an irritation to read.

I dont mean to jab, just an honest view of the state of this sub-forum and it hurts the topics that come up. Disagree with me at will [;)]

You mean posts just like that one above?[xx(]