News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Purpose of Negs

Previous topic - Next topic

narfellus

Cool experience, Nay. I'm glad our Higher Selves and Beings have a sense of humor. [:)] I still need to meet my Higher Self in a more intimate way. I think i'll take a look at your site Tayesin.
If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

jilola

Yes, I understand what you're saying.

And this is exactly why it's so difficult to reconcile all the differing opinions and experiences.

What we create is real in the literal sense of it. We are limmitless in our true form, everything and of everything. Right here at this moment, and at every moment before this and at every moment after this.

But each of us, during the process of assuming the physical individuality, has chosen where we start the remembering of what we are.  The manner in which we perceive our reality and the kind of reality we create  by default.

A consequence of those choices is often that we come to believe that our personal perceptual reality is the same as some other person's and that they are mutually exclusive where they in fact are not the same yet coexisting and thus the same. Only the perscpective changes and the perception and interpretation asssociated with the perspective.

In a sense you are correct in saying you haven't created the negs you experience all by yourself. They are the sum of the perceptual realities of all those who have chosen to create them. Even my reality is involved in providing a creation where they don't exist and thus helping to provide you with the opposite of negs or the lack of them at times.

That's why I keep insisting we should look for the reasons and lessons (that are memories of our origin and true essence) behind our experiences be they good or bad, angels or demons as it happens. There is no difference between us and them, good and bad, indivual and unified divinity other than our perspective and the resulting perception of reality.

2cents & L&L
jouni

wantsumrice

Wow, great ideas running around in this post.  Glad to finally see some logic around here these days.  Must be something in the food we're eating...[:)]  

~ivan

Lighthouse

quote:
Originally posted by runlola

jilola:

...I don't think I created the negs.. no more than I create the real people around me....there are real negs just like there are real people. I think I am responsible for attracting them but I don't think I made them all on my own... nor do I think I am so powerful that others can see my negs when they do not believe....

runlola,

A friend and I have had some very interesting conversations about being the collective whole and I see in this thread that this is touched on although not specifically.  I am of the belief that our minds are all linked as one "supermind," however we each choose to experience bits and pieces of this supermind as our own individual experience.  It's the same as a  "superbelief" if you will, which means that we choose to believe certain things, yet not everything all at once.  There is a saying that you can succeed anything you want, but not everything.  

If one chooses to subscribe to a certain subset of the "supermind," his or her experience will reflect that belief system.  We tend to be drawn to people who share our belief systems, who validate us in some way.  

If I believe that I can pick up negs, that will be my experience and I will use my experiences to validate my beliefs.  If however, I don't believe in them, that will not be my experience.  Belief in something implies that you think it is possible.  If you think it is possible, your mind will focus on that and your experiences will reflect that belief.  You don't have to "want" it as we would define it.  The universe is unbiased and nonjudgmental and if we believe something is possible, our expereince will reflect that belief system and bring us the expereincec to correlate wiht that belief system.

I hope this makes sense. [:)]

Kerri

http://www.divinewithin.com - Uncovering the Divine Within
http://www.worldawakened.com - World Awakened
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/worldawakened - World Awakened Talk Radio
http://www.innercirclepublishing.com - InnerCircle Publishing

Sentential

One thing I would like to add. Not all things like that are "neg attachments"

I went through a long "rebirth" phase shortly after my brush with the dark arts. In that period of time, it was a lengthy tour through the world of suffering.

Basically, every time I tried to benefit myself with my abilities it would go horribly wrong. Later at the depths of sorrow, I would get an explination of why this was happening.

I was told how my actions hurt so many lifes, including my own. Continueing down such a path would be bad, not only bad.... it *WOULD NOT* be tolerated.

Essentially every time I tried, either willing or unwilling, to return down that path, I would be met with unmeriful sorrow. After several years, I learned the lessons they wished to teach me. They felt badly for taking such a hands-on approach, but they couldnt allow me to have free-reign.

Im still locked out of alot of things, but am re-devolping myself in a new light. Hopefully I can help others to not have such harrowing experiences

Sentential

Rog.... I realize that. But I shall clarify. There are a number of positive entities that can puppeteer people, in the same fasion of those neg attachments you speak of. They can cause pain and all that stuff, however it has a pont and a lesson attached to it.

Negs do that stuff for fun and like it. Positives dont, but feel it is neccessary for certian things

Tayesin

Hi,
"If I believe that I can pick up negs, that will be my experience and I will use my experiences to validate my beliefs. If however, I don't believe in them, that will not be my experience."- Lighthouse.

Choosing to believe or not has no effect on the realities around us.  All you are achieving is to cut yourself off from the wider realities,  filtering what you allow yourself to experience of it.  Hence they are not real to you.

This is bound by beliefs.  Choosing what you want to believe is fine but it can only take you so far, then you have to let go of believing and just percieve with no expectations of what you should do or see, no concepts in your mind of who must be what and what they can or can't do.  

There is only what is there and what we think is there.  Once we stop inputting into the scene in a mentally active/logical way we can see what is there and know about it by how it Feels to us.

The rest is semantics and belief-systems, which is very human of us, don't you think ?  I'm starting to rant now so it's time to finish this.[:P]

Love Always. [:)]

jilola

Tayesin:
quote:
Choosing to believe or not has no effect on the realities around us.

Indeed. But choosing our perceptual vantage point has a profound effect.
There's no need for belief only for acceptance and love.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

narfellus

PSD was also an extremely enlightening book for me. It put into context myriad questions that have perplexed me over the years, and with almost crystal clarity enabled me to see the Neg attachments that have plagued me and others. With this newfound knowledge, when i know what to look for i can sense their subtle presence without any kind of special sight. This is done just how Robert suggested: personality changes, quick anger, addictions (i still have my own i'm fighting) but the key part was NOT to fear the negs. Now, if i were Joe Blow picking up that picking and reading that we are surrounded by demons trying to eat our souls, well, i would be scared spitless. Fortunately, at the the time i read that book (just recently actually) i was already spiritually in tune with God and our purpose and the duality of mankind. The book for me was a wonderful reaffirmation that everything in the world, every branch of religion and supernatural and esoteric has a link, and are indeed all interwoven. My own spiritual search is still continuing, but i can do so bravely and enthusiastically.

malachite

I think the book by Denning & Philips explains the theory better, what Robert Bruce calls 'negs' is called 'elementals' there. Humans have been sentient for thousands of years with passions and animosity and these low-level spirits have picked up these vibrations during this time. That they can't learn new means of attack is because they have been trained like dogs to behave like they do. They embody the worst of humanity but are not human themselves.

Sentential

I *heavily* disagree with you on that one. Almost *every* neg I met, was human to the core. Its alot easier to say that the worst evils arent us, but its not true.

99.9% of all "negs" are human. I have only met 2 negs that were considered ancients and were *not* human. All the thousands of others are humans who died horrible deaths, or have unfinished buisness

malachite

I'm just repeating the opinions of others, Robert Bruce thinks they often masquerade as dead people. I did not say "worst evils aren't us", but that they latch onto alcholics and murderers and there is a mutually reinforcing relationship. By his description they seem to be more robotic than human. I have first-hand experience (my neighbour) how they can be used to attack others over a distance (sometimes when he really concentrates I pick up interference in my cordless camera).

Perhaps in your case there is some ex-human with unfinished business. (Though I don't believe myself any kind of death can prevent the soul from being released, only suicide or deliberate action of a powerful black magician who does not want to face his karma.)

narfellus

Negs latching onto alcoholics, sex addicts, drug addicts and murderers is the most reasonable explanation of continuing human psychosis that i have ever heard. Most of these entities were probably human in life, could not break their mental addictions and continue to feed them later rather than fading away or entering the light. And some COULD be non-human negs masquerading as the dead for whatever purpose, probably deception and lowering the guard of astral travelers/viewers. And considering the vast number of Positive or at least Neutral entities (archangels, thoughtforms, elementals, ArchFiends) they have already set a precedent for non-human entities that were never human to begin with.

malachite

Ghosts and such beings ("earthbound spirits") are as I understand it almost always astral "shells" left behind by someone with strong passions (some may be actual persons still working out their lives in "purgatory" or the astral plane before moving on). These could be sent to the light, however at least in the opinion of Robert Bruce it does not work with "Negs".
"Compassion Method (p. 170): The compassion method involves showing love and understanding towards troublesome spirits and asking them nicely to leave and/or go into the light. Again, this will only work with genuine lost earthbound spirits, which are rare in the cases of Neg problems. Projecting love, understanding and compassion is ineffective because Negs do not understand these higher emotions. They have the emotional capacity of a praying mantis. Showing love to Negs is not only ineffective, it can be used against you. They often take advantage of this and pretend remorse, thereby encouraging their victims to give them more love and understanding."

Their overriding interest seems to be to get energy from human hosts. That would be a bit strange as a conscious obsession for a living human (most people even deny anything except material reality). What I know of ghosts is that are in a kind of "no man's land" and maybe don't even know where they are, not some expert predators.

narfellus

Well, just by going by what Bruce says, he lumps ALL Negs into a catchall category, even the ones that just feed on energy without the ability of possession. I think there are probably very small, very weak negs that have minor detrimental effects on people, which can cause unpleasant manesfestations but in and of themselves they cannot possess you. Get enough of them latched on, maybe, or maybe that draws bigger and stronger and smarter ones. Or maybe anything can possess you if you let it. Heck, a big part of Christianity is ASKING JESUS to fill you, inviting his person and mind and love to join and control your own. Sounds like a sort of possession to me...a good one.

narfellus

Except that Jesus wouldn't take away your free will, unlike a demon.

narfellus

I've been reading Bruce's Psychic Self Defense and have to admit i find the book wonderful. It ties together most if not all theories i've had in the past, and the way he presents them is so...scietific, that it is a joy to read. It's like an extremely analytical mind turning itself to analyze non-scientific topics.

Anyway, he states several times that he wishes that no one would ever have to live through what he has seen. Which is a nice thought, no one wants to suffer at the hands of incorporeal beings. I have the theory though that these Beings all exist for a specific purpose, and Bruce has amped his encounter chance but spending a lifetime investigating them. Negs tend to cause and feed off negative human emotion, as a way of testing and strengthening the spirit/mind/body. They also exist as opposite templates of Love, as one must exist to have the other. I think that very weak, lesser Negs probably operate in the lives of everyday people. Lack of patience at traffic lights, anger at bad drivers, jealosy of rejected lovers, these things are subtle and normal and very HUMAN, but again, so are the negs.

The Negs want to cause fear, they want to scare people from learning about the otherworld, because knowledge is power and the more we know the less we fear them. Lastly, God's plan is for mankind to learn who and what He is through experimentation. I suppose if it was too easy to learn then God wouldn't have as much fun trying. Anyway, just some thoughts i was having and wanted to share them.