News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Warning: The demon war is coming near

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon213

quote:
Why should now of all times be the end?

I see your point as well, but rather than dwell on that question, I ask myself: Is there anymore evidence that it isn't the end than that it is? Many have stated that these theories of the End Times that we have created are merely motivational tools. Perhaps that is all that they are, however, although I have used my "personal theory" as a strong source of motivation, I do honestly believe that there is a strong possibility in "the end" occuring.

The point is, whether any of the appocalyptic theories are correct or not, they have all served a purpose. Whether or not they have effected you personally may not matter, but they have helped someone somewhere to better themselves. They have given cause to some of those who feel lost in this world.

As always, thats just my 2ยข

-Talon[|)]

wantsumrice

"Who says the world was a paradise 2000 yrs ago? Every civilization had its glory day and then fell. Even most Muslim countries had thier glory days awhile ago.

Describe how you think it would have been 2000 yrs ago and WHY it was better without vaccines, coffee, art, literature, music, etc?
2000 yrs ago most people were scratchin around in teh dirt and fighting each other over territory adn food. Women were seen as chattel. No anime. need I go on??"

It's all relative to the society and the time.  Everything is in the eyes of the beholder.  There are some people nowadays that live absolutely happily without anything you listed above rhinegirl.  Go ahead and try to argue the point, but the thing is, it doesn't matter.

The best you can do in your own present moment is to be happy with what you have and deal with it.  2000 years ago it may have been the same damn conditions as today, but different contexts.  

In your present day eyes, with the TV, the car etc etc and all these luxuries have just spoiled you.  Back then they had to deal with much much less and I am certain they were content with what they had.

~ivan

findtruth

Yes, the theories about the apocolypse do serve as an excellent motivational tool sometimes.  The only problem with that would be for those people who live in fear of the end and spend their whole lives preparing for something and then it doesn't happen.  It's better to be skeptical yet open-minded and prepared.[|)]  Just don't let it consume your life.

Talon213

quote:
It's better to be skeptical yet open-minded and prepared. Just don't let it consume your life.

Exactly.

Clow

It is true. Everything is in the eyes of the beholder. I would love to live in clean air. I would love for school to vanish for existance[:D]. I would love to be unspoiled. To have to work. To never have a dull moment. Also vaccines weaken the human race. Cofee stains your teeth. And who says we didn't have music art and literature back then.

Has anyone noticed the strees between everyone now. The countries, the Media, even here on Astral Pulse. Stress can't stay put forever. Something always gives under some type of stress. Given Time. A bridge will eventually fall and rust from gravity and rain. As will a mountain. No matter how you look at it something big will happen soon. Something has to end the stress. Break the bridge. You should hope it will be the demon war. Because if we get into a world war III. We won't survive. Almost every country posses some Weapon of Mass Destruction. At least with the demon war we have a chance.

But really think about it. Watch the news for a bit. People are mad about Mel Gibsons movie(Religous stress). People are mad about Homosexuals marrying in the U.S.(Ethnic Stress). Who knows what awaits us down the path.
You can't outrun death but you can make the Bastard work for it.

"Does the Walker choose the Path, or does the Path choose the Walker."

Like a light at the end of a tunnel that goes on forever.

Nay

Stress has been here from the dawn of time, and will be here until this world is never more.

Why add more stress to your life by worrying about something that you cannot change? or heck, it may not even happen..[^]

Nay [;)]

P.S. I just remembered, that years ago I was reading a book by Sylvia Brown (don't groan, she isn't all that bad.) Her guide, Francine had one incarnation here on earth.  While here, she and her village were being threated by others.  This distressed Francine a great deal, and lived in fear and anticipation of the massacre.  It did happened, SEVEN years later!  The village was raided and Francine was killed by one spear.  Francine regrets living in fear, because she missed many happy moments and laughter.  For seven years she allowed those people to have control over her life, when she could have been living her last years on earth happily.

Moonburn33

saying that there's going to be a war between demons and humans is like saying that there's going to be a war between mongoose and rats
as below, so above

Clow

But what about when there is too much stress. Something has to break it. Also Mongoose eat rats so that is not a very good metaphor.

Anonymous

i think that to one degree or another, people feel like something is up. Well, for those of you who do, you're right. Something is up, and I doubt anyone has figured out what it is. But we see it every day in our society. We see more fear, control freaks, hostility, violence, etc. and an all-around increase in negativity. Maybe it isn't the approach of the end of the world or the beginning of a demon war, but it is something and it is going to happen. Where or when will depend on the stability of the etheric.

Nay

quote:
Also Mongoose eat rats so that is not a very good metaphor.
ROTFLMAO *wipes the tears away*  oh..Clow you are so cute sometimes, thanks for that innocent laugh [:D]

Nay [;)]

no_leaf_clover

Just randomly surfing across the active topics when I came upon this:

quote:
Describe how you think it would have been 2000 yrs ago and WHY it was better without vaccines, coffee, art, literature, music, etc?
2000 yrs ago most people were scratchin around in teh dirt and fighting each other over territory adn food. Women were seen as chattel. No anime. need I go on??

Now, I haven't really been following this topic very closely, and this may or may not be very relevant, but the ancients weren't as primitive as simply cave men living outside of caves in shelters. The very first civilization on Earth, Sumeria, had restaurants, marketplaces, boats and seaports, all sorts of tools, music and other arts (including huge statues, pottery, etc.) and plenty of literature (some of which is relatively well known to this very day, ie the 'Epic of the Flood' and the 'Epic of Gilgamesh'). Sumeria even had prostitutes.

Two-thousand years ago, which was roughly the time when Jesus died and Rome was still the world power, things weren't that bad, either. After Rome fell, things got pretty bad for a lot of people and the Dark Ages fell upon the world with feudalism and a brutal church causing a lot of trouble. But when long-range weaponry came about and feudalism ended, things got better again.

I agree with Rice. Though we may have cars and air conditioning and all of that, the civilizations of the past I'm sure wouldn't be that hard to live in, either, during their better times (unless you were a slave, of course). There are things they had to worry about that first-world countries no longer have to (ie winters' cold, shortage of food), and there are things they never had to worry about that we do (ie balancing budgets with various odd bills, terrorism, and about 4 decades ago, global destruction via the nuclear bomb).

Which is better, which is worse... That's up to you to decide. In my opinion, the thing that most separates us apart from civilizations of the past is our medical technology, which, though far more advanced than it was, is still somewhat in its infancy. Nevertheless people are now living to ages that were unheard of in the past.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

wantsumrice

There's anothing thing to that NLC, we as humans are pretty excellent at treating the physical aspect of the body, but terribly weak with the spiritual aspect.  There's something we HAVE forgotten, healing the metaphysical self.  But in today's society, i'm not surprised to see this being unpopular.

Clow: There's no such thing as too much stress.  The universe always balances itself out accordingly.  Maybe there'll be great stress in one part of the world, but great peace in another... food for a thought...

~ivan

findtruth

Your write Wantsumrice, our society is severely lacking in spiritual healing and the suchlike. But that is the price of technology.  At least, for now...

no_leaf_clover

quote:
There's anothing thing to that NLC, we as humans are pretty excellent at treating the physical aspect of the body, but terribly weak with the spiritual aspect. There's something we HAVE forgotten, healing the metaphysical self. But in today's society, i'm not surprised to see this being unpopular.

I think one cause is living in urban areas rather than closer to nature. That and maybe science. Science has left its mark, either directly or indirectly, on spirituality in general.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Clow

Nay, I'm not quite sure if what you said was an insult but it made me feel like a little kid so I'm going to my room now and I'm going to cry.[|)]

Nay

It wasn't a insult!!  Sheesh, you made me laugh and I thanked you...Do I really come across as a total B?

Usually when I call someone cute they appreciate it, well up until now.[B)]

Sorry, I will cease calling you cute...

Nay

Clow

... I was joking too. Now I have to cry some more.[|)]

Gandalf

People want to make the world like it was 2000 years ago?

Not that I disagree with them. I'm a Roman historian so I'm biased. I would like to take a trip back to the empire.

2000 years ago the known world was ruled by Octavius Augustus Caesar, under a new imperial regime, which came into effect after the end of the Republic in 27BCE. Augustus' political settlement was disguised to make it sound like it was still constitutional, ie he was officially 'Princeps' or 'First Citizen', not a monarch, and his powers were only conferred on him by the Senate.

Of course this was excrement and everyone knew that the Senate had no real power any more.

Things were good in the classical period, not just The Roman Empire, but also the earlier Greek civilisation which itself was absorbed into the greater Roman Empire.

It is certainly NOT the case that 2000 years ago 'people were running around in skins and scrabbling in the dirt' like one earlier poster mentioned. Such views of history are completely incorrect and actually display a kind of cultural disdain for the historical past which I have found to be a mainly American phenomenon. I'm not sure why but it's a long running feature, going back to Henry Ford's classic crass statement 'history is bunk'.

In the Classical world, just like even older civilisations like Egypt and Sumeria for example, were civilisations with towns, cities, laws, constitutions, literature, art, culture, philosophy, music, sport, beurocracy, administration, medicine, state religions etc etc.
Did you know that Rome in the 1st century BCE was the largest city on Earth, with a population of one million; this would not be matched again until London in the 19th century.

Regarding medicine. In the Roman period, the quality of medicine was actually high (although hopefully no-one will be daft enough to compare it to 21st century standards!), in fact, surgical techniques were so good that they were not matched again until the 19th century.
Julius Caesar for example famously had an operation to remove his appendix when he was a child.

Yes, outside of towns and cities, many rural people continued to earn a living off the land and lived pretty close to the bone, but this has always been the case, right up until the present day. I would not demean country folk by saying that they 'scrabble in the dirt'; you sound like an arrogant Roman senator!

From Greece (Athens) we got democracy, rationalism and philosophy, and from Rome we got Good Government, Roman Law and later, the Roman religion of Christianity. Sanitation technology was amazing, with some roman sewer systems still in use today. The Cloaca Maxima, the main sewer in Rome for example, is still in use today, this was built around 500BCE!

Let's not forget classical architecture which has spread to all corners of the earth. cf The White House in the US, probably the most famous neo-classical building in the world: Ionic style.

Greek Doric style can be seen in the Kobe National Bank in Tokyo!

The Americans went on a Roman republic trip when they were laying out their new capitol did they not?

The fact that they call it Capitol Hill, which is named after the one in Rome (The Capitoline Hill); also their constitution is based on the Roman republic, with a senate and so on. And that monument that looks like Cleopatra's needle? come on guys, Augustus brought one of those back with him from Egypt and set it up in Rome as well!

Anyway, basically the whole of modern western civilisation owes itself directly to the classical world, so yeah man, you have to love it!

And don't forget, Romans had underfloor central heating as well as the most hard-assed, disciplined, fully professional, ruthless killing machine of an army that ever kicked barbarian butt in the ancient world!

SEND ME THERE NOW! [:P]

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Talon213

Very interesting. Finally, someone with an educated view on history decides to show his face.

Clow

O.k. don't turn this post into a public tinkling contest otherwise you will end up covered in tinkle(quoted).

It seems now that we are drawing closer to the final pole shift. More and more people are willing to accept that "judgement day" is going to happen. I don't believe that anything is fated. However this will happen. When it does there is either future or dispair for the human race. The prophecy says it will happen. The bible even hints that it will. I am no longer christian for I don't believe that a place such as heaven could exist. There can't be place where only order prevales we need some type of chaos.

Anyway back to subject. I want to warn anyone who does not yet believe that the war will happen. To atleast prepare yourselves for something like it.

I really don't care if this turns into a debate. It might give people a chance to prove me wrong.