News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What is the purpose for PSD?

Previous topic - Next topic

steveb

Greetings uniderth,

In my opinion you dont need it, every one to there own. It's also confusing, what is a psychic attack. Some might say if someone verbally abuses you in the physical,  it's a psychic attack. If things are not going to plan, they might put it down to a psychic attack. There own thought projections in the Astral may make some believe there under psychic attack. I'm not discounting the fact that a person could come under a real psychic attack. But it's so blown out of proportion it's ridiculas sometimes. If someone really thinks they need defence, thats there chioce. But those that say, you must do this, you must do that or you'll get in trouble, it's unnecassary.

If someone want's to drive a car and wear a crash helment all the time, and they think they have to for saftey, thats fine. On the probobility of the need for a crash helmit, I dont.

Regards  Steve

Ides315

Hey, uniderth

You COULD need defense from other peoples attacks on you (conscious or unconcious), or, alot of people that have good potential draw attention to themselves. The greater your chances of rising and doing great things, the more people you have that want to hold you down.

"People" in this term refers to anything that  opposes the advancement of good. Robert states In the end of the book that he hopes the info is never needed.

Think of the defensive measures like a innoculation. You will probably never need it, but if you do, it is there.

I do not agree with steveb that it is blown out of proprtion, though some may create there own "attacks" by stressing on it. This is a popular way to empower spells in many types of magick. Tell the victem you are going to "get them", and maybe show a doll, or dead chicken or something.

Take care

Stephen

Tom

William Buhlman said in one of his interviews on the Jeff Rense show that astral projection is as safe as crossing the street. Most of the time I get across the street okay but I still watch for traffic every time before starting across. Back in 1991 I got hit by a Cadillac. It was a memorable experience except for the few minutes immediately before, during, and after. People told me afterward that I crossed against the light, but without memory of my own to rely on it is hard to be certain. It was raining hard and I was riding an old, cheap bike. The pads on the brakes were wet. Whatever actually happened, my right leg was broken in two places on the femur. There was a surgery to put a metal rod down the center of the bone and I was on crutches the next day. A week later I went from crutches to walking with a cane. There was no cast involved and the leg was not immobilized in any way. About a year later the rod was removed. The Germans developed the technique during WW2 to use on soldiers to get them back into battle faster. I probably don't want to know how they developed it. While astral projection and energy work and other related matters are possibly as safe as crossing the street, it really is a good idea to take some basic precautions and to be aware of what can go wrong.

Nita

Hi Tom
  I guess the best reason for Psychic defense is your similie. You didn't have anyone argue with you that the cadillac didn't exist or your worries were over nothing. People who have a experience that could be described as being run over mentally are treated like they are the ones at fault. The book is to aid people who can't get help anywhere else.
  I along with Robert can only hope that no one needs the book. The people that do need the book will be grateful that it exists. The society of today is more open about problems that can be caused by negative energies and creatures but there are very few places to go that really help someone out. The book gives the person with problems a way to help themselves. This forum is useful for the same reasons.
   Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

steveb

Greetings all,

My reply to uniderth's post was not written in relation to the context of Roberts book, I have not read the book, and uniderth's question was posed in such a way, it would appear that  1: uniderth has not read the book.    or 2: uniderth has read the book, and is still none the wiser. Given Robert's knowledge in these areas , I assumed that the book had not been read.

With the aforementioned been said, I made the statement in my post[In my opinion you dont need it] ( psychic self defence) ,I wasn't saying that you should not be aware of it.  I also stated , [I'm not discounting the fact that a person could come under a real psychic attack.],which infers that you may come under Psychic attack, and if so, it's reasons you would require some form of counter measure.

From my experiance from reading the posts and reply's on the Psychic Self Defense forum and others, my statement [But it's so blown out of proportion it's ridiculas sometimes. ] still stands within the context it was written.

I would assume that Robert's book(s) would be very helpful inregards to a real Psychic attack.

Regards  Steve

weagle

I haven't read robert's book yet but I think Robert's PSD is a necessity.  A lot of people practice BLACK magic, how the heck are you going to know how to undo BLACK magic if you don' t know what WHITE magic is?  I have a brother (schizophrenia phobia) who was influenced by black magic (in the womb it started).  I prayed for God to bring someone to help him and guess what he was faithful he brought three people in my life all who know how to astral project which is amazing not everyone knows astral projection, the second last projector left and as soon as he left(materialistic reasons) brought another one to replace him right away (amazing how god works in mysterious ways), he gave me a sign then when the guy gave up he gave the new guy a sign to help my mom when she was in contact with him.  PSD is a necessity, don't know how good/effective it is though but it's logical sound (ie crossing water thing others I verify as true, new guy mentions to feed the fish boiled rice every saturday in crossing water) and I have to read PSD first (waiting for a copy of it) also talk with the new guy working on him on what he has to say about it.  Robert does show he cares for those who are psychically negatively influenced, Robert himself said I heard Art Bell's program two occasions he was influenced and said how he got out of those situations and I can see why Robert would want to produce a book like this.  But it's true though if nothing is wrong with you mentally/physically (from spiritual attack) don't need the book but can read it as if it's a owner's manual to your mind and body in case it breaks down from unseen influences.

Robert Bruce

G'day Folks!

I have seen some good points on the forum from both sides of the fence. I have heard comments from those who are unsuspecting; from those in denial; from those who are becoming aware of unquiet possibilities; and from those who know only too well the iron heel of Neg interference in human lives, sometimes in their own hard life experience.

I frequently use the term 'hard life experience'.  By this, I mean not only my own, but that of the many people I have helped along my life's path.  You would not believe how many poor souls I have helped on my journey thus far...

I do not intend in any way to steer people from their heartfelt beliefs, nor into obsessing about Neg related possibilities -- far from it. But forewarned is forearmed, and I will arm all who listen with what I have to give.  And what I have to offer can make a significant difference, should the proverbial supernatural merde' ever hit the fan in your neck of the pond.

I admit that I tread on delicate turf, and that most people would prefer that I did not do anything to rock the proverbial boat.  I can even be accused of rushing in where angels fear to tread.  This point is taken in an understanding social context, but I offer no apologies -- given the state of the world today.  Please understand that I have lived through everything I write about (and then some), and have therefore (as per my new book, PPSD), suffered far more than most, and thankfully learned far more than most and lived to tell the tale.  If it were not for this, then I would most assuredly not have written such a book as PPSD. Everything that I have experienced has been time and time again verified by the hard life experience of others who have come to me or consulted with me. I can keep quiet no longer.  Dream your dreams, believe in whatever you please, but mark what I say in case you ever have need of what I have to say. I can do no more than this.

Whatever you conceive Negs, demons, or evil spirits, to be is a moot point. You can believe that they are negative thought patterns, thought forms, archetypical beings, figments of the collective consciousness, or whatever you like.  Its all a moot point when you have to deal with them first hand.

My book, PPSD, is only a small start.  I suffered dearly to write that book. I know that most people do not understand what I say here, but please respect my experience in these matters and give me the benefit of the doubt.  However, feel free to offer any 'experiential' based arguments. Theoretical debates on such matters only result in circular arguments, which I have neither the time nor energy nor interest to deal with; and they are thus not of any worth to anyone. I have argued my points with some of the finest minds, including many quite-famous published authors and editors.  But on such a field I have either won every time on experiential knowledge and logic, or have agreed to differ over purely religious, theoretical and/or theosophical differences. So, please, if you want to engage me in a debate, do so from experience and logic. I have no time or energy to waste on anything else.

Would my critics have me write them encouraging stories and books, reassuring everyone that they are totally protected from birth by default, regardless of whatever they do with their lives?  Should I say that even if persons break every rule in the proverbial spiritual, metaphysical, human book, that all they have to do is say sorry and visualize a bit of white light around them and they will be saved and forgiven and protected forever thereafter by sword wielding angels, amen?  I wish this were so, I really do.  

But what would my critics have me do and say? Should I threaten eternal damnation and torment and become a fire and brimstone preacher to get my point across? Should I avoid all the hard questions?  Should I highlight Hell and Damnation as I know it? I've been there, and trust me when I say that you don't want any part or knowledge of it. Hell can be lived in the here and now (as many people know all too well), or in the afterlife, or both, forever and ever, amen.

Instead, I write the truth as I see it, warts and all, according to my hard life experience. Some of it (if you take the time to look at my written works) is absolutely wonderful and full of great spiritual truth and promise. I can do no more or no less. For me, life would not be worth living were it otherwise. And truth is a most powerful shield, my friends. To overcome truth takes a powerful energy, and lots of luck.  Reach inside and feel my words.  They may be uncomfortable for the moment, but do they ring out as untruths? I think not.

Anyway, I fear I have digressed from the one para reply I intendedJ  So back we go to the apparent question at hand.  The chances of encountering serious Neg-related problems is probably quite a bit higher than are the dangers involved with crossing the road or driving a car. As with these, the risks increase the more often you cross roads and rive cars, of course.  The vast majority of people who suffer Neg related problems simply discard it as imagination, and get on with their lives as best they can, often putting up with incredible torment in the process.  This is natural, but this also means that statistical the evidence I have at hand, or can gather, is severely blunted.

I can only give a very rough estimate, based on my experience.  In a few years time, I hope to be able to give more accurate statistics.  For example: in one small town I lived in (14,000 population), in a two-year period I was approached by twelve families that were having serious Neg-related problems, and frequently experiencing quite severe supernatural phenomena, including strong possession in adults and children; sometimes severe in the extreme.  This is your average small town, as found all over the world. Cities are probably much worse, but I am not a city dweller so can only guess.  I was almost killed a couple of times during this period, physically and metaphysically.  Keep in mind that at this time I was totally unknown, and I generally keep to myself, so all referrals were by way of word of mouth. I did not run any kind of practice, did not advertise, and did not go looking for these people. They were generally somehow just led to me, including a couple of door knockers trying to sell me stuff.  

On average, about 10% of people seem to have very strong natural psychic shields (some form of natural immunity that is worth investigating?), and so are generally immune to all but the very highest levels of Neg influences and attacks. No person is 'totally' immune to all levels of Neg penetration.  You can take this type of person into a seriously disturbed house where absolute Hell is breaking loose, and they will attract no apparent Neg attention and will thus feel nothing at all. They will of course see and hear noticeable phenomena, as this does not depend upon psychic sensitivity. But whether they believe their own senses is quite another thing.

About 80% of people will at some time in their lives experience some kind of Neg related psychic influence or interference.  This is generally mild and usually goes unnoticed, and is of course discounted as totally normal or imaginary.  Included in this group are such things as spontaneous losing control during a night out with friends and alcohol and etc, shop lifting (where a normally honest person is Neg influenced to steal something, and cannot understand why they did it), and other types of reckless behavior such as reckless driving, having risky affairs, and damaging themselves, their relationships and families, in some way or other and in ways that are not like them and seem beyond their control at the time, eg, "I am not myself today", or "I can't believe I did that". All of this group will, unbeknownst to them, frequently fall under many spontaneous subtle influences throughout their lives, which contribute to all of the above possibilities. I know, this is the majority of humanity, what we call 'normal human life'.

About 10% of people will experience more significant interference and influence and heavier supernatural phenomena at some time in their lives. This is most noticeable in childhood where periods of night terrors and nightmares often take place; most especially between the ages of 2 to 6, but this can happen at any age. Again, most of this is discounted as being reasonably normal for life.  

Note that about 3% of people (that we know of) experience regular nightmares and night terrors throughout their lives, as children and adults, with no history that might explain such nocturnal problems.  Hard psychological statistics are fairly well in line with my rough estimates here. If one reads through the scientific data on this, it is clear that science is really stretched to explain such phenomena. Here I am talking about really normal people with no other clinical symptoms of psychological problems but nocturnal disturbances that come and go mysteriously. So, this is usually glossed over and ignored by all professionals concerned as mild mental disturbance.  The available data on such cases is understandably minimal, and this is cited in the psychological documentation. No serious studies have been done on things such as night terrors and nightmares, etc.

(Please note that if you wish to verify my stats in this article, its easy, but you will need access to a university library and some knowledge of psychology and research. I do not plan to start providing formal bibliographies with my informal forum posts; not just yet:)  You will, however, find ample referencing  in my new book, Practical Psychic Self-Defense.

About 1% of people will experience more significant and noticeable psychic attack and Neg related problems than the above group, including varying degrees of possession and Neg related inner turmoil and mental problems. This will usually cause some degree of mental or emotional disturbance, varying from minor to severe, short or long term. Lives are damaged in varying degrees, and some are destroyed in the process. Compulsions are more severe, eg, reckless behavior, affairs and etc. Science is stretched to explain the case histories of this group.

About .1% (one in a thousand), will experience far more extreme Neg related problems, including strong psychic attack, influence and noticeable supernatural phenomena, and stronger degrees of possession. Childhood experiences will be more traumatic and the after-effects more lasting.  More severe mental and emotional disturbances are more likely amongst this group.  Science is stretched way beyond its design limits to explain.

If you take a country with say a 250 million population, and divide it by .1%, you end up with 2.5million people severely affected by Negs.

And scattered throughout the population (percentage unknown and/or unguessed) are those people who will experience very strong Neg related attacks and influences indeed, including becoming fully possessed at times (virtual puppetry).  They are often ruined as human beings, or forced to destroy themselves or their lives (and/or those they love) in some way or other (including all manner of compulsion addictions). I also include in this group those who develop serious mental illnesses and obsessions. I also include life-threatening diseases, as strong Neg interference and attachment inflicts not only spiritual pollution but also physical disease. The statistics involved with this are unknown, but could be significant, probably are -- I know they are.

And lastly, there are the more rare and noticeable types of Neg influences persons, who suddenly suicide or become crazed psycho killers (going postal), with no previous backgrounds of violence or depression or mental illness to explain their sudden, heavy-handed violent actions. These people are usually quickly locked away and heavily medicated, with no explanation given, barring the sudden onset of severe mental illness. (Note that brain tumors and chemical imbalances, as quoted by science by way of explanation, can be natural or caused by Neg related attachments; usually the latter in my experience, but this is unprovable at this time.  Which comes first, the chicken of the egg?).

In closing, I think back on all the children I have known who have experienced strong Neg related interference on a regular basis, who dread the coming of night and going to bed more than anything else.  Parents, knowing no better, tell them over and over that its all in their little heads, and to think happy thoughts and it will all be OK, eg, think of butterflies.  (Think of great big, huge, enormous butterflies that carry M16's and have the power to dispel all evil nocturnal visitors). But this does not work if serious Negs are involved.  Often, such parents themselves suffered painful Neg related nocturnal disturbances in childhood, and so are merely repeating what their own parents told them. In time, such children grow up into disturbed, unhappy adults who struggle with 'unquiet' inner realities that are discounted by 'normal people' and by science, as mere undiagnosed mental disorders. But it is so easy to circumvent such things, by using good parenting and a few 'basic' psychic countermeasures. To do otherwise, in my opinion, is a crime against humanity and all we hold dear.

Please feel free to disagree or disbelieve in what I say.  Burn my book if it disturbs you.  I really do not care either way, society being what it is.  But trust me when I say that the world will be a better place if it listens to people like myself, and takes on the heart of action. We are not cattle, to be milked and abused by unseen and unfriendly assailants.  We are human beings, and we have the right to be here and grow up and live and evolve as individuals, and as a race, without the unkind ministrations of common Neg manipulations and abuses.

If you have no conception or experience with serious Neg related problems, give thanks and count yourself lucky.  But for the grace of God, when you see a spiritually troubled person passing you by on your life's path, there go you. We are one another. How could it be otherwise?

Take care, Robert.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

steveb

Greetings all,

[Robert] , I understand what your saying in your post. I have not concsiously been to the astral and do not believe I've had any negative attacks in the physical. I have problems in the area of self defence. The problem I have in my understanding of it is, where is the line drawn between what is in us that causes harm as oppossed to what is external to us ,that may cause a phycic attack. What I mean is, I have personally helped people in the physical over the years to release themselves from many situations and habits that others would describe as neg attacks. I know one in particular, that if the idea of external attacks / attachments were entertianed. This person would have mabybe used this idea as a crutch.

I will be purchasing a copy of PPSD shortly, is this "whats from in" or "whats from out" line covered.

Regards Steve

Tia

That's the big question - is it a NEg or is it just me?

Robert Bruce

G'day Folks!

First, please note that in my previous rather-lengthy post, I was not criticising anyone or pointing fingers over previous posts. I was just clarifying the position of PPSD. Forgive me if I came across this way.

Yes, some people will most definitely use the concept of Neg attack and interference as a psychological crutch. Caution is always advised when dealing with people who do so, so their paranoia is not added to.

The countermeasures given in PPSD can, by large, often be be applied without causing too much psychological disturbance to others. But it is impossible to deal with these matters, with adults especially, without triggering their curiosity and imagination.  I have desensationalized PPSD as much as humanly possible.  But the only way to not disturb some people would have been to not write the book in the first place.  I had to weigh up the needs of people in genuine need, and those who are just looking for a scapegoat for their problems. I give advise in PPSD to steer overly impressionable people towards professional psychological help.  This is about all I can do for such people.

I can only hope that PPSD's worth will far outweigh any potential paranoia it may generate in some people.

PPSD is aimed at the average person with no metaphysical knowledge or skill. -- at the average mom and dad who suddenly find they have a strange problem on their hands.  

You would not believe the number of people who need what is in PPSD. Yesterday, my son (aged 22) went to visit his chiropractor.  He was carrying a copy of PPSD to read in the waiting room.  The receptionist spotted the book and they got talking.  After skimming through PPSD, she 'begged' my son for the book, and paid for his treatment in exchange.  Apparently, she has some major Neg related problems concerning her children, including night terrors, peculiar behavior, and supernatural phenomena.  One of the case histories she read was, according to her, a perfect description of her situation.

From what my son told me of her situation, the following basic changes will probably solve her main problems.

1. spring clean the house.
2. fumigate the house, then make it smell nice with essential oils.
3. stronger night lights, and music, for children's bedrooms.
4. less TV and more active family activities
5. listening to and discussing problems with children.
6. supporting children so they don't feel isolated, and taking action.
7. taking children into parents bed on bad nights.
8. checking on children as they sleep
9. breaking night terrors when they occur.
10. running water countermeasures applied as necessary.
11. etc, etc, etc....

Can anyone see anything above that seems overly strange, illogical, or that might trigger paranoia?

Take care, Robert.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

steveb

Greetings all,

[Robert] ,  PPSD sounds as if it has very good sound basic phycology as it's base structure. Your rather lenghty post ( I wish I had the skills of grammer and typing to do the same ) sounded logical and methodical to me.

I appriecate the fact that your work and expierance in these fields has led to the growth of these forums, which allows people to discuss these areas in a stuctured and positive way.

I see nothing ilogical or overly strange about the 1-10  recomended basic changes, although 1-9, I would concider good living and parenting practices, and no 10 , I would call  an actual Phycic self defence measure.

As I stated previously,  my original reply was not about PPSD,. I will take more care in the wording of my posts on these matters in future.

Regards Steve

uniderth

What is the purpose for Psychic Self Defense? What do you need defense from?