Why are Psychics not used by Police to find Missing Persons?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresco

Why dont police use psychics  to find missing persons??  And why dont experienced astral projectors help find people who are abducted or gone missing??

See Penn & Teller, they make some good points: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y55WPJs-R4&feature=player_embedded

Anybody have any good answers??

Szaxx

Until these experiences are taken for what they are and someone 'important' sanctions them as a scientific subject rather than a wacko curiosity, their use will be 'limited'.
Use is made but not publicly.
If you 'know' something, you did it. Talking mumbo jumbo is whats heard. The threat of being locked up for your 'info' is in their interests to get a collar.This is from experience long ago.
Today things may have changed. In the 70's it was better saying nothing to authorities.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralzombie

Actually, they do. There are many documented cases in which the police have turned to psychics for help. However, revealing that they are using this kind of help during an open case is always discouraged.

Why?  Say the investigation ends with a murder and police reveal they used a psychic openly before hand, if they catch a suspect, his defense will tear them to shreds.

If the police make actual documents in the case in which they describe using the psychic, the defense can make a good argument compelling the judge to allow this to be heard.

Remember that in the US judicial system, even if the police have the proof that a suspect committed the crime he stands accused of, they must first prove that they did not violate any of the rights of the suspect to obtain this proof or evidence. I'm referring to the right against illegal search and seizure specifically. When a psychic involvement is documented in an actual case, the defense can argue that the police used the psychic's vision, which they will say is hocus-pocus, and establish reasonable doubt in the police procedure.

Do a quick internet search and you'll find a lot of examples.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Fresco

Szaxx

Infringement of human rights and invasion of privacy.
Its not so clear cut is it?

Astralzombie

Szaxx- I agree with you. But I would personally rather see 100 guilty men go free then to see 1 innocent man lose his freedom. I have some control in avoiding the criminal life, I have no control in someone accusing me of it though.

Far many injustices will occur if we overlook our individual rights to privacy to serve the need of removing criminals from society. If not, a simple accusation is all that is needed to destroy someone's life.

Actually, mass media has already made that the case. False accusations can not have you imprisoned alone in America, but the speed by which they now spread is still far and wide. Unfortunately, there is not much public interest in restoring someone's personal reputation. The danger is that the egg can not be uncracked.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Weatherwax

The police do some times consult with psychics but they do not advertise the fact they do it. My ex husband's dad was a police captain. This is why I know they use psychics sometimes.

Lionheart

Quote from: Weatherwax on February 25, 2013, 00:36:31
The police do some times consult with psychics but they do not advertise the fact they do it. My ex husband's dad was a police captain. This is why I know they use psychics sometimes.
Unfortunately they have been known to "arrest" the Seer as well.

I was watching TV last year where they were reporting about a guy in Georgia that had killed a woman and daughter and taken the son hostage. I did a Phase session and for some reason saw a white building, small, it looked like it may have been some kind of small Church in the Country. Two days later they found the man hiding with the boy behind a white church.

I then looked at some other missing people/murder cases and what I saw I never wish to see again.

I learned then that I wasn't cut out to be a Psychic Investigator. I didn't have the stomach for it, nor did I want.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Lionheart on February 25, 2013, 00:45:00
Unfortunately they have been known to "arrest" the Seer as well.

I was watching TV last year where they were reporting about a guy in Georgia that had killed a woman and daughter and taken the son hostage. I did a Phase session and for some reason saw a white building, small, it looked like it may have been some kind of small Church in the Country. Two days later they found the man hiding with the boy behind a white church.

I then looked at some other missing people/murder cases and what I saw I never wish to see again.

I learned then that I wasn't cut out to be a Psychic Investigator. I didn't have the stomach for it, nor did I want.

I recently posted an OOBE that I had but I chose to view it as a "dream" because it was just easier for me to deal with it in that context. But I feel that the events in the "dream" really happened to these guys during WW2 and it was horrible knowing that nothing I could do would change that. I could only imagine how much worse someone would feel having the knowledge before hand and being helpless to prevent it.

Also, wouldn't you think that a seer who injected themselves into an investigation is at more risk of being a patsy than a seer who is sought out for their help from the coppers?
Mark Twain

Lionheart

A Patsy, as of being a fake and deciever? You mean just doing it for their 15 minutes of fame.

I don't think a true Seer would do that. That sounds more like what a "wantabe" would do.

Unfortunately, the Police Stations are bombarded by these kinds of "Posers"!  :roll:

Astralzombie

Quote from: Lionheart on February 25, 2013, 01:22:54
A Patsy, as of being a fake and deciever? You mean just doing it for their 15 minutes of fame.

I don't think a true Seer would do that. That sounds more like what a "wantabe" would do.

Unfortunately, the Police Stations are bombarded by these kinds of "Posers"!  :roll:

That's not a patsy at all. A patsy is someone who is set up to take the fall sort of like a scapegoat. The only difference is that a scapegoat is just unfortunate to be around at the wrong place in the wrong time. A patsy is usually picked and then framed.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy. Monica Lewinsky is the person you just described.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Oh, my bad, I didn't quite get the gist of the question.

The word Poser is what I was describing.

The answer to your question is yes. This is exactly why a Seer that does involve themselves (without previous Police experience), does get looked at as a suspect of said crime.

ChopstickFox

Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

It's a subject I have been active in and recieved the complete opposite to that expected. Even with hundreds of dead people they still refused any help.
Arrogant r_ souls.... :?

ChopstickFox

What about anonymous lines?

"dum dum dum... check the lake in such and such town."

Would it suddenly become slightly less anonymous?
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.