News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why Not Just Shield???

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

Sorry I've been away, I was having connection problems.

Ok--skin tight shields versus bubble shields.  If something damages your "aura", wait 5 minutes.  Your body generates the energy that makes it up, it has no permanent structures in it.  What you want to protect is your nervous system, and associated energetic systems, and those are inside your body.
If you make JUST a bubble shield, someone strong can come up and shake it  until you rattle, if you get my drift.
As for psychic vampires, it's hard to make any type of shield to completely block one of them.  Much of the time the best way to deal with that kind of attack is to fight back.  In the vast majority of cases, they're not interested in a fight and will look for an easier target.

Entrenched parasites--first, find out where they are, and track down all their little tendrils or attachment points.  Then, build a VERY strong shield around them, making sure you encompass the whole thing.  Draw the shield in so that they are forced into a sphere, and pull it out.
I've done plenty of these.
You can also hit the "main body" with controlled psi-blasts until it fragments, if the entity is too strong to lift otherwise--that will weaken or injure it enough to use the above method.

If you don't fight back, you're going to get beat up.  If you do fight back, sometimes you might get beat up, but probably less often.
Yes, you do need a backup plan in case you come up against something that can get through or take out your shields.  However, you should be continually improving your shields.
You will learn to work through them--you know how you made them, your brain just has to get used to dealing with them....and it will, in less than a month, if you keep your shields up full time.

As for how you charge your skin--the same way you'd charge your hand, just over your entire body.  Push energy into your skin, and encourage the nerves there to produce more energy.
You expected all this to be quick and easy?  

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Kristen

Hi Winged Wolf -

What did you mean when you mentioned something strong coming along and shaking you in your bubble?

I'm curious because I frequently experience strong occillations and rumblings and other weird energetic sensations that I do not understand - as I'm sitting here now writing this as a matter of fact it feels like a small earthquake is going on.  

Winged_Wolf

Basically, if someone is strong enough, because the shield is generally "hollow" or less dense inside, they can shake it until a person's nervous system gets pretty well rattled.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

Hey, all.

After reading some of these posts, and comparing it to what I have been doing, I have a couple of questions. Maybe I have it figured out.

I have removed several things attached to me that almost all feel like Winged_Wolf's description of the "bugs". The feeling of the "tendrils" (I think of roots) is quite strong, and most of the major ones had these running into my chakras. Specifically the heart, but pretty much all of them. They also primarily used my spine to access most of my body. I would guess that the core image work is still needed  to take care of what there primary attachment point was? I don't "process" the core images in accordance with Robert's description, but following the "issue" will usually take me to a "bug".

Of note, the first time I started to remove things, it was more like I could feel a forest of black, wicked, leafless, alive trees on/in my head. It was the first time my Kundalini had been awake in years, and I just went in and played Paul Bunyan (legendary lumberjack) with a sword and torch. There was a big forest.  A couple of the big ones could regenerate almost as fast as I could cut, so I would burn the cuts between swings to keep it from growing back. Though I had very few images to go with this, it relieved a LOT of the mental stress I was going through at the time.

OK, the second question. Is it possible for someone to put something on you that needs an outside food source if you do not generate enough negativity? My shielding is coming up, and as I construct them, I am cutting contacts. This in turn seems to be weakening a couple of things that are left on me, and allowing me to be able to find and attack them.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks, all

Winged_Wolf

Hmmm....yes, it's possible for an entity to merely use you as a favored feeding stopover, as it were.  It would generallly leave you, and go elsewhere during that time, though, rather than remaining attached to you.  Most of the entities that attach themselves seldom or never leave their host.  An entity that did leave, might "install" an anchor--an energy structure that it merely needs to dock with to link fully to you, rather than having to go through a complex linking process all over again.

However, what seems most likely to me in your case is that as you bring up your shields and get to work, you're getting BETTER at this.  It's not that they are getting weaker, but instead that you are getting stronger.
Your description of the regeneration of the entities you were removing is precisely the reason you have to track down all the tendrils, if any, when you go to remove an individual spirit--if you've got them all, then you can be sure you're not leaving anything behind to regenerate.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

Hi, Winged_Wolf.

Intersting. The "docking structure" makes me wonder a little bit. For months now I have been aware that 2 specific days out of the week caused depression in me. Always the same 2. I was able to do some other things that started disrupting links that had been made to me, before I got my (own) shields up. This caused a banshee type scream, for a while the first night, And one of the 2 days was no longer an issue. Since I have started shielding, the other day is not either. Though I did have an attack at midnight, right before the last one passed.

Whatever is still there, spell or entity, is persistent, and has atleast a limited amount of intelligence. I became fully aware of it a few days ago, when I was building shields around a family member, and some images intruded into my head, in an attempt to divert my attention. They where directly related to what had happened. I finished what I was doing, and chased after them. I found this thing in my belly/chest/forehead. I have encased it to some extent (actually, not knowing why or what I had done this instinctively about a day before your post on that), and have been sending energy at it to disrupt it.

The other thing about a docking structure, is that when I had my largest expulsion, there was a lot of physical with it. But one of the things I had noticed then, and forgotten over the many months that followed was It did not feel like everything left me that night. What was left was in the same area of what is still there. Of everything I have dealt with, that one was the strongest, it caused a dry hissing reaction as it came out. It did not come from my lungs, but (after gathering) mostly from my belly. It felt like I was going to vomit something alive, like a knot of worms (this was the mental image), or something from "Alien" (That is how it felt). All that came out, was a dry hissing, and terrible contortions of my face. And my tongue almost dislocated sticking out that far.

I am 1/2 guessing, but I heard it is not nice to tap on the side of a fish tank.
Thanks, though. Still learning. Don't have much patience with "tappers" right now, still need to work on the eyes.  ;-)

Take care

Leyla

Even shields are not 100% effective.
They were one of the first things I learned to construct when I began my occult studies.
Sometimes, things just slip through. Parasites are good at that. It's what they do.
I do have a sheild and  I re-charge it every month.
No astral traveler should go without one.
I'm sure it does keep out the majority of little buggies, but nothing is fool-proof.

Nita

Hello Leyla
  I think that shields are least effective when you are first learning. I also feel everyone should do a simple shield renewal every day. I do mine in the shower. Most shield failures happen because the person doesn't renew them often enough.
  Everyone interprets things differently Ides so that could be why you see things shaped as bugs. It is not a docking structure so much as the things you have left in you. Roberts description of it attaching to the negative elements in your psyche is completely accurate.
  If anything can rattle you around in your wards then you aren't doing it correctly. I speak from experience.  A shield that defends your mental  self, physical self and astral self is the only way to go.
  Engry fluctuations are what normally causes the rfeeling of being rattled. You have to attach the wards to a proper energy source for this not to occur.
  You can entrap and push things out with shields but this requires that you can identify your own energy and what is you. The core image removal is probably the most simple way to do it,
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Ides315

Hey, all

Interesting points about identifying what id you, and what is not. When I really work on it, it feels more like a fog, or some sort of 3D net in me. None of the attachments have really felt like "bugs". That is just my rating for them in the grand scheme. No sense in giving something more credit than it deserves. For a feel (to me) they feel like a cross between a maggot and an earthworm, with a root system (potential) that a Willow tree would be proud of.

I think part of the "misson" of what is left is to keep me from defending myself. I doubt I grew a whole bunch stronger the minute I built a shield (unless there was a LOT of drainage), but that is what made me almost instantly aware of it. One that is gone now, popped like a boil. Right after my first set of sheilds. What I am dealing with now came on as I started layering up, and sheilding others. It is trying to get negativity wherever it can, fighting for its pathetic little life. Excuse me, but I REALLY dislike this things.

Take care, all

Reikimaster

Hello everyone
   I have read with amazement what you all had to say about entrenched parasites and shielding , but what would be a proven method of removing the tendrils from where they adhere?
                                                            Thanks for any help you can offer
                                                                              R M

Reikimaster

Winged_Wolf

I always just shielded them all, one at a time if necessary, and used a bit of force, or a "razor" construct to remove them from their attachement point.  You shield the main body first to help prevent it from sending out more tendrils while you track down the ones that are already there.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

Hey, all.

I only started shielding them internally lately. It works well. Gave me the impression of starving them out. I have been using something like the razor method also. Unless it  is particularly well hooked, I have had a lot of success with (once it's located) just grabbing and pulling. Kind of like up rooting a tree by force. I us something like Winged_Wolf's razor method, or a blowtorch (Usually both) to get the ends of the tentacles to break loose. Some of the more ingrained ones can take days of work. Anything you can do to weaken them during this time is good. Robert has several methods.

For the last one I have been working on, I have gone out onto bridges, and attacked it while standing over running water. After the first time I did that, I swear I could feel it cringe at the thought of more sessions like that.

Best of luck

Anonymous

How does one know if they are being attacked by a neg? What are the signs? I don't think I really have problems with negs but I just want to be sure. I feel like they don't attack me. On the other hand, I don't think I've seen or encountered any entities at all, unless maybe in a dream. But even then just two or three of them. They were good entities though. I am certain I already instinctually know how to shield because of this, but do you think I'm giving something off that repels all entities?All I know is that my aura is green and it flashes purple. I've seen it with my own eyes (all three of them, my 2 physical and my 1 mind's eye). But I don't see anything radiating from my aura.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

Winged_Wolf

It can be difficult to tell what's caused by entities, and what's caused by other physical things.  For example, one person reported they had some minor aches and pains in areas where there were very small parasites attached.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

goingslow

One clarification I am not saying shielding isn't effective I would never imply a certain method isn't effective except for maybe the "show unconditional love to any negative being you encounter" philosophy due to the opening up dynamic.

However, I believe if a person is really serious and finds themselves in a situation where they are under attack and take the whole issue seriously they will use whatever method they know.  But never underestimate the importance of knowing many, just in case your resolve isn't as strong as you think when the sh1t really hits the fan so to speak.  

I am very careful what kind of advice I give out,  and when i read advice that seems more self promotion and a kind of "look how far i am in my development i dont even need corny garlic" instead of genuine concern and thought out advice I can't help but comment.

Add what you can and help where you can but dont undermine anything that may be the one technique that a person might need when they are under attack.  Its fueled more by a desire to show you're right than it is a desire to ensure a person is able to survive an attack.

kakkarot

nice opening posts. very wise in saying that we should not be slamming techniques since others may need them. after all, not everyone can do everything. people should pick and choose what is important for their individual needs, and what is within the scope of their abilities.

however, with regard to the "being attacked" thing, you should also realize that not everyone is as powerful as each other. some of us are very weak and even weak negative entities can do damage. some of us are powerful enough to be able to take on minor demons one on one and have a rather interesting (or what i call fun :D ) fight.

for many the white light works, in fact it seems as though it is a natural opposite to many "bad" spirits out there. in some situations it doesn't work. just like with shields. some shields work some times (or most of the time), while no shield is good enough sometimes. it all depends on many variables in a person's life.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Winged_Wolf

Yeah, I agree with most of what you said, but I think you should have read what I had to say more thoroughly before digging at me and lumping me in with the "invinceable shield" crowd

The thing is, there are a lot of people who post on the board who have problems with very weak entities.....entities which would never bother to TRY to attack them if they had competant (not even great, just competant) shields.  And they don't just have problems once....they have problems repeatedly.  They don't learn their lesson after the first incident.  That's what I was complaining about.  I can't understand why anyone, after being attacked that way, wouldn't do what they can to start learning how to defend themselves.  It's like repeatedly walking through tick country without ever thinking to put on some Deet, then whining and complaining about all the ticks you picked up, and maybe getting some other person to pick the ones off your back for you.

We're talking tiny things, here--like 3 inch long leech-type spirits and such.  I just don't understand....

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

kakkarot

now now winged wolf. not everyone on the planet is a powerful and skilled energy user. i would even venture to guess that most people think that even weak shields are fairly difficult.

but i understand what you're saying: after training myself in the martial arts for a few years i had problems understanding why others were so weak compared to me. i had grown up being a wimp, but after having to start integrating with society again, it took me months to realize that i was stronger than i thought i was, and stronger than others too. and that still amazes me, how weak most people are when they really don't have to be.

but, then again, why would people need to be strong in north america's cushy, luxurious society? i mean, after all, people live in absolute comfort these days, with no worries about how to survive, so why should they be bothered to become strong in anything? their opinion (btw, i am not neccessarily picking out anyone on these forums or not on these forums, but at the generalness of society these days) is that medical science will keep them healthy, and death isn't even considered by most people now a days until it happens to someone near them. i guess my response should just as easily go in the philosophy forum as much as it should be a response here, but oh well.

(now to just sit back and wait for the flames  ;) . controversy is soo convenient.)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey, kakkarot

Just as a thought, most of it does not come easily for the majority of people. These people can still have neg problems though. What some of us can achieve in a few months might take others several years, and vice versa. I would bet they were people every bit as dedicated as you in their pursuit of martial arts, but the progress they achieved was not equal.

Having read a lot of your posts, and having gone through my own experiences and learning curves, some of us just have an edge. In my philosophy, there is a reason for it.

As a comparison, I know people that have learned controlled conscious astral projection when they were 20 yrs old, without training. They located their guides almost immediately. From your posts, neither you nor me can do that, but these same people have no magickal abilities (psi, qi, whatever...) that they have really figured out how to develop.

Just something to keep in mind. In a lot of ways, I find it a hinderence in trying to show someone else, because my only explanation is just DO IT.

And yes it is nice and cushy in north america (well parts, anyway), but that just gives one more time and tools to take care of other business.

best

kakkarot

ides: exactly! that's what i am saying. not everyone is the same, so why should everyone do things the same.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Jeez, kakkarot, you don't want to fight about it ;-p

The indiviidualism of magick (all forms, loose description) is what makes people better, as it is a highly personal thing. It is what made me look so long and so hard, and review a lot of different systems, including psi. If you can sift through the pieces, a (sort of) common framework becomes obvious. Even this is personal, as we all have different conclusions about this framework.

Just never close yourself of to other ideas, as one can learn something from almost everyone.

Best.

P.S. If you start shielding and helping a lot of people, you had better be good, as it will draw a lot of attention to you.

kakkarot

so, you wanna fight huh? well take this! *boff*, *pow*, *kabaam!*.

that'll teach ya.   :D

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

goingslow

I appreciate your response winged wolf and understand the distinction you were trying to make.  

My response was aimed more at the one or two people i've seen on this forum who in their own way seem to imply attacks are the persons fault either cus they're weak in shielding or afraid.  These entities exist outside of us and i dont think we know enough about them to really say "they'll only attack if ... "  
I see now what you mean about the astral wildlife and lower forms.

Is it true though that trying to shield others and protect them will make you a target even more?  It seems the ones im concerned about ar becoming more isolated from me now that im more aware of outside forces.  Im very careful not to be invasive and the measures i take are really passive so im pretty sure its not because im more "in their face"

I wonder how this works although I do know RB stated somewhere people you have energy problems with will probably fade to the background while you're working on this stuff.

kakkarot

well, goingslow, how are you shielding them? some shields will cut off the emotional attachments that humans kindof need (being the socialistic animals that we are), which could result in them becoming more introverted.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Nita

Hello Going Slow
  I do a lot of shielding of other people. Entities need to be banished after they are kept away from people. I can do this at a distance but Robert has things to do this in his book. Negative forces that are being sent at someone are normally when the person who shields others is targeted.
  I agree on knowing all sorts of methods is the best way to go. It expands your knowledge. It is also true that alot of people here have ways to do things that they think are best. It is a individual art so do what works best for you and the others that you are helping.
  I can truthfully say that shielding is a worth while thing to do. It has to be done correctly and nothing can cause the harm to others that you are helping or yourself.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com