News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

working out the body and mind

Previous topic - Next topic

peaceful warrior

i am going to try a new method out tell me what you think about it.

Well i plan on working out to such an extent to where my mind will just let go and i will go into a lucid state.( Don't worry about my health because i had some blood work up done and a MRI done recently and i am perfectly healthy) I plan on runnig lifting and doing massive amounts of push ups and sit ups.
The only people truely happy in life are the ignorent and the wise

Mydral

Don't do that lift where you put that big bar-weight above your chest (sorry I don't know the English term)..... it can kill you if you collapse.

Secondly you will just be exhausted. I don't think physical exhaustion will contribute to anything other then damaging your health, or else you would go into a lucid dream state in every sports tournament or so....

If it does work, congratulations.......

Acctually it might work if you meditate after, but maybe you will just fall asleep.
In somnis veritas

Stookie

Exercise can bring a person into a state of trance. Joggers and bicyclists experience it all the time. Thoreau wrote a short book called "Walking", where he mentions the state of mind it can put you in.

One of my hobbies is mountain hiking, which can be very tiresome. But once I get going and keep a good pace I enter a trance where my mind quiets down and I just "experience". The mountains around me brighten up, I can hear every bird chirping, and my tiredness diminishes.

I don't think it's pushing yourself hard that matters, but keeping a good, consistant pace and keeping your heart rate up. Don't over-do it.

paker7

Quote from: peaceful warrior on September 04, 2006, 22:11:44
i am going to try a new method out tell me what you think about it.

Well i plan on working out to such an extent to where my mind will just let go and i will go into a lucid state.( Don't worry about my health because i had some blood work up done and a MRI done recently and i am perfectly healthy) I plan on runnig lifting and doing massive amounts of push ups and sit ups.

Bad idea !

Especially in a gym where if you faint at a wrong time and place you can fall and hit some hard surface/equipment and die, a barbell may fall down on your head, chest or foot etc.

IMHO gym is a place where you have to be very careful, thoughtful, fully sober and always conscious of what you are doing and what is happening around you - maybe even more than when driving a car - if not, you are just asking for trouble.

btw. I have more than 10 years of experience in the gym - i saw many accidents so i know what i'm talking about.

Commoners believe - winners KNOW !

peaceful warrior

What do you people think i am stupid of course i am going to be careful and i always have a buddy with me just in case i do callapse and i plan i doing pushups and other non-weighted exersizes even i know that lifgting weights to exaustion is extremly dangerous.

Also what i have done some research and there might be some plausibility to this method. If anyoe has every heard of a runners high it is a great feeling you get after doing excessive amount of running or training. This is caused by the body releasing endorphins which just might be able to relaxe you enough. I will do some more research and find out these endorphines more.

peaceful warrior

success, i think i had my first lucid dream(or mabe and oobe). I thin it is because my body is so tired wants to sleep and repair itself but my mind is racing(possible because of the endorphines or adrinaline) so my mind stays awake when i go to sleep. This is my first one so i am really excited, now it may have been that i have been praticing or it could be from the workouts who knows but i am going to keep up my workouts just in case.

Enoch

I dont think i posted up here yet about this...While in the service we used to run and run and umm run some more...I never went out of body but i used to seperate my mental capacities form my body just to keep the pain away...Its an exhilerating experiance...
Working out will help you with lucidity...Mind, body, spirit...dont ignore one to make gains elsewhere.
It will help your energy flow in unused joints and muscles...and it will make you more sensitive to energy.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .