News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

0 = infinity

Previous topic - Next topic

morning_star

the nature of inifinity cannot truly be understand by human minds born in a world with a beginning and an end to everything. It's nothing and everything at the same time.  It's ALL.  That's the only part of its nature we can understand.  :)

Sharpe

Can you please add "I think" to your posts, morningstar?

I think it can be understood, because there is nothing to understand.
I belive infinity doesn't exist, it's just an idea.

wow_nonamesleft

Quote from: dainch on September 30, 2007, 00:23:25
Lately i have been coming up with some pretty off the wall yet intriguing thoughts on our universe and the laws governing it. I am nothing close to a scientist im only still in high school. First off it is agreed that math is the most purest of sciences and it is also known by everyone on these forums that everything is made of energy. So to begin i would like to propose the theory that 0 is equal to infinity. There are many ideologies that can prove this. Don't believe me? Answer this how many numbers are there between 1 and 2. Your first answer would probably be none, but there are in fact infinite numbers between 1 and 2. Also there is no such thing as being nonexistent. Everything is infinite and everything is energy. Energy cannot be destroyed once it is harnessed nor can it be created, It only exists. Therefore nonexistence (meaning 0 or nothing) is equal to infinity. It is all energy. Since nothing is not made of energy, everything from thoughts to the television is made up of energy, controlled by energy, harnesses energy, and is infinite.
Please add anything you want when you reply, any extra thoughts on this theory, or any comments. Thank You

Guys we are at the begining again. We just made a circle  :lol:, this thread shall go on for infinite.

catmeow

Quote from: Sharpe
Can you please add "I think" to your posts, morningstar?

I think it can be understood, because there is nothing to understand.
I belive infinity doesn't exist, it's just an idea.
Pot, kettle, black etc. Sharpe, this is exactly what you do. Can you really not see it?
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Sharpe

Quote from: catmeow on October 17, 2007, 19:11:17
Pot, kettle, black etc. Sharpe, this is exactly what you do. Can you really not see it?

Your opionion. (not true)
I try to use it as much as possible.
Even though you made the comment, take a look at how you post it.
It's just like... you THINK it's a fact (not true), but you didn't even say that it was your opinion, fascinating!
Truly amazing how hypocritical people are these days!
The fact is that i use "I believe" or "I think" (giving my opinion, instead of making up facts) more often than you.
SO! My good sir, I THINK you have no authority to give facts that are untrue.
Espescially when you are the one who should be blamed for something you are blaming me for!
I hope this post ticked you off just as much as yours did me. :-)

But seriously: Add "I think", "I believe" to your posts, catmeow.

Awakened_Mind

The fact that we are typing it is really saying 'it's my oppinion', 'I think' anyway. It's fair enough to say we all speak subjectively. We shouldn't have to say 'I think', it's should be understood that it's our perspective to begin with.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

catmeow

Hi Sharpe

My critique was meant to (attempt) to draw to your attention your own hypocrisy.  I failed.

I never claimed to be innocent of the criticism you made of morning_star, and I never claimed that you were correct to criticize him.  Therefore I cannot be accused of hypocrisy.

To re-iterate; I was trying to point out YOUR own hypocrisy, of which I "believe" you are highly guilty.

I am not in the least p'd off by your post.  Because your argument is incorrect for the reasons I just gave.

Quote from: Awakend_Mind
The fact that we are typing it is really saying 'it's my oppinion', 'I think' anyway. It's fair enough to say we all speak subjectively. We shouldn't have to say 'I think', it's should be understood that it's our perspective to begin with.
AM, Does this mean you think Sharpe was wrong to criticise morning_star?

I largely agree with your post. My position is that in any discussion "I think" is implied, unless the poster becomes too authoritarian or arrogant in his manner of expression, because this then implies disrespect for others' opinions.  And the point at which a poster becomes "authoritarian" and "ignorant" of others' opinions is a subjective thing so it's difficult to guage. 

Respect is is the most important thing. In general, in any discussion to constantly add "I think" "I believe" and "IMHO" detracts from the thread of any argument, and becomes irksome to read. However, to be constantly "authoritarian" is equally irksome. Therefore "I believe" etc should be used occasionally as a matter of courtesy, and to impart "respect" towards others' opinions.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Sharpe

I wrote a 500 word post on why you were wrong.
But I'm not going to play your game anymore.
You win, I just don't want to discuss this any further.

Awakened_Mind

Quote from: catmeow on October 18, 2007, 05:32:43
AM, Does this mean you think Sharpe was wrong to criticise morning_star?

I don't really see the point in stating the obvious. Isn't it common sense what someone says is their perspective? It seems a little wild to me but he's voicing his oppinion. Might have to agree to disagree.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Sharpe

Catmeow, can you tell me more about yourself?

Stookie

I'm locking this thread since there is obviously nothing left on the subject. If anyone wants to keep discussing it (meaning "0=infinity"), let me know and I'll open it back up.