News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A new attempt at the double slit

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluefirephoenix

Campbell's right the double slit experiment drives people crazy  http://www.livescience.com/50019-image-light-wave-particle.html   I find this strangely funny

Rakkso

All is energy, energy moves fundamentally as waves, a particle is but the energy of a wave compressing inwardly until it reaches is maximun density, a wave is but the de-compressing, or expansion of the energy of the particle going outwardly, until it reaches its setteled wave amplitude.

A proton is positive because is energy compressed inwardly, and electron is negative becasue is energy expanded outwardly, in a cyclical perpetual exchange happening inside the space that contains both. resting each, in each other. In this way, gaining Equilibrium. an atom.

They all come from one source or universal core of everything that is. Located within and without at the same times. for a more precise image you could call the energy the Balance from which all things sprang in a spiralling manner.

However it's always amazing how a wave behaves as a particle just by the mere act of observing it or measuring it with our sight , and as a wave by observing it not. :-D I wonder why :?

EDIT: by just reading the article I see a 2D wave oscillating perpendicularly to its 3rd plane, going higher, and the particle, would be the measure, or representation, or quantification of this 3D wave pattern, in a 2D plane, which looks just like a Topographic Map. Lol my head is spinning.

I wonder if the space below the wave is actually "black empty space" or the scientist just couldn't photograph that.

Amazing news phoenix.  :-)

But what does it all means??? :roll:

Bluefirephoenix

It means that things tain't the way they seem to be. Another strike against Newton's objective reality.

Bluefirephoenix

The thing is you can do the same thing that is supposedly matter including something as big as carbon atoms. So what we have is that matter acts like energy and energy acts like matter. These two catagories were mutually exclusive before. It really muddies the water since its a fundimental law of chemistry and physics.

Xanth

Quote from: Rakkso on March 07, 2015, 20:18:45
All is energy, energy moves fundamentally as waves, a particle is but the energy of a wave compressing inwardly until it reaches is maximum density, a wave is but the de-compressing, or expansion of the energy of the particle going outwardly, until it reaches its settled wave amplitude.

A proton is positive because is energy compressed inwardly, and electron is negative because is energy expanded outwardly, in a cyclical perpetual exchange happening inside the space that contains both. resting each, in each other. In this way, gaining Equilibrium. an atom.

They all come from one source or universal core of everything that is. Located within and without at the same times. for a more precise image you could call the energy the Balance from which all things sprang in a spiraling manner.

However it's always amazing how a wave behaves as a particle just by the mere act of observing it or measuring it with our sight , and as a wave by observing it not. :-D I wonder why :?

EDIT: by just reading the article I see a 2D wave oscillating perpendicularly to its 3rd plane, going higher, and the particle, would be the measure, or representation, or quantification of this 3D wave pattern, in a 2D plane, which looks just like a Topographic Map. Lol my head is spinning.

I wonder if the space below the wave is actually "black empty space" or the scientist just couldn't photograph that.

Amazing news phoenix.  :-)

But what does it all means??? :roll:
Well that's kind of the thing... quantum physics is showing that all isn't energy.  It's showing that all doesn't even exist until it HAS to exist.  It's neither energy or matter...
Unless you consider "Consciousness" = "Energy"... then sure.  Knock yourself out.  :)

AAAAAAAA

Everyone that is interested in this kind of thing should look up quantum non-locality.

All of the above plus quantum non-locality shows that the world of physics is simple, but as it gets smaller, it gets much harder. Everything that is known in classical physics is changed once things are observed at the quantum level. Particles do not follow the same laws at the quantum level as they do at the macro levels of observation. The double slit experiment actually demonstrates this very well.

Rakkso

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on March 07, 2015, 21:16:56
The thing is you can do the same thing that is supposedly matter including something as big as carbon atoms. So what we have is that matter acts like energy and energy acts like matter. These two catagories were mutually exclusive before. It really muddies the water since its a fundimental law of chemistry and physics.

This is interesting. So one should just put those hand out to work towars it.

Quote from: Xanth on March 07, 2015, 21:28:49
Well that's kind of the thing... quantum physics is showing that all isn't energy.  It's showing that all doesn't even exist until it HAS to exist.  It's neither energy or matter...
Unless you consider "Consciousness" = "Energy"... then sure.  Knock yourself out.  :)

This is interesting too!! it means the universal Consciousness, which also exists in many palces, can actually manipulate energy, to do all sorts of wonderfull things. All that is left for normal boring science is for them to find the how. Maybe evolution would brought up some answers. :-P

Thank you for pointing that out Xanth  :-D

Xanth

Likewise, all of what you experience... is virtual anyway.  Your energy... your manipulation... your "experience".

The universal consciousness doesn't exist in many places.  Many places (everywhere in fact) exists WITHIN the universal consciousness.  Everything *IS* the universal consciousness.  You.  Me.  This physical reality and everything you know within it.  Everything you've ever experienced... physical, non-physical... all part of he "universal consciousness".  :)

Bluefirephoenix

Quote from: Xanth on March 07, 2015, 21:28:49

yes that is correct thanks for the addition I did not make that clear. The observed boundary violation supports that. I wonder though if there is a slightly different explanation regarding the potential for experience ( existing only when it has to exist) I think Tom is missing something there. I have feel for it but I cannot explain it. It is part of the consciousness of course but the mechanics of it I think have not been discovered yet.

Rakkso

Ok, I think I'm seing that with the proper eyes now.
Thank you both for being so clear. Usually this is not in text books.  :-)
Where do we go from now? lol

KarmicBeats

For thousands of years it has been known to the practitioners of Yoga that matter (Akasa) comes from energy (Prana) and energy comes from mind (Chitta).

Einstein proved that matter comes from energy, and quantum physics supports (but does not prove) that energy comes from mind.
Karmic Beats provides free binaural, isochronic beats, ASMR, videos for astral projection, lucid dreaming, study & focus, healing and other meditations.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrKlawdek

Fractal art wallpaper at blog:
http://karmicbeats.blogspot

Xanth

Quote from: KarmicBeats on April 06, 2015, 02:41:26
For thousands of years it has been known to the practitioners of Yoga that matter (Akasa) comes from energy (Prana) and energy comes from mind (Chitta).

Einstein proved that matter comes from energy, and quantum physics supports (but does not prove) that energy comes from mind.
Yet, even those "practitioners" are still "practicing" Yoga.  There's a simple truth there which has escaped them.

Blue Glitter Neon

Here's a cute kid's movie explaining the conundrum of the (original) double slit experiment in a simplified and informative way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXQjRBLwsQ

However, I'm not sure this leads to anywhere.

Ask a real quantum physicist and you'll find out that practically no one agrees that "consciousness causes collapse (of the wave function)". The von Neumann-Wigner interpretation, in contrast to popular notion, is clearly in the minority. You'll either get scientists who follow some variation of the orthodox Copenhagen interpretation, which despite the name lacks a consensus, and - as it appears to me - essentially will try to explain away the results by using some fancy vocabulary, or you have the "many worlds" crowd, who despite the absurd affront to anything William Occam, will try to convince you that a whole new universe is born every time a particle in superposition collapses, so that "in reality" there never was an actual collapse. :roll:

Anything to deny that materialism might be wrong, I suppose, but then again, since everyone who does math on this level by necessity must suffer from Aspberger's and therefore you're actually dealing with a few cases of severe tunnel vision syndrome, I guess you might as well ask yourself, what do you expect.

Quite a few who actually study Quantum physics, in my experience, will also tend to tell you they think something in the instrumentation/experimental set up is likely causing the collapse, so there really isn't such a big enigma after all.

And then there are these guys, Pilot-Wave Theory:
http://www.wired.com/2014/06/the-new-quantum-reality/

Take your pick, but don't forget about Brother Occam...

Xanth

And the only reason they don't agree is because you have this "materialist" vs "consciousness" battle going on between "scientists".

If the materialists dropped their bias and actually went along with where the data is actually taking them... they would understand.  But no... bias among scientists is the driving force behind why humanity is STUCK in our current, destructive ways.

Szaxx

Its that ' did anyone ask them to stop before we dropped the bomb?'
No communication spells trouble.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Rakkso

Well I would surely read through that.
Its curious actually, the most accepted theoretical basis by societies through the ages, have always been kept hidden from the commonality of civilizations, deep in third-party structured societies. the whole paradigms should be shifted and expanded upon and reagruped together to form a better understaing of universal laws stuff.

The orthodox being the old school and the "many worlds" theory being the new age, but it seems clear to me by reading this and watching many vids, how it could be possible for different sets of waves to generate this 'coupled' or 'coupling' waves as a result of the particle collapse, or wave collapse, setting more power free(apparently).

It makes me think that within the many worlds theory, there could be more denser and real worlds just as real as a result of more waves collapsing and reagruping themselves in more energy-state proficient rearanged systems. And since this is quatum stuff, the pairing of produced 'high-energy waves' could be repeated insesantly or finitely too with 'seemengly' equal outcomes, until something takes place within the parameters of the high-e wave function, is this correct?

Just thought of it recently. Thousands of years of repetition takes nature to do this things on a small scale. But like any spoiled child, with the right 'spoils' he/she will do better in time. Lol thinking bout quantum stuff is so energy consuming, but at least is not tiresome. LOL