News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Can Humans Explode

Previous topic - Next topic

dark_dreams

I was just wondering if this was possible maybe that if the Blood whether it was A, B, AB, O, Positive, Negative or whatever and things like the heart organs in our body if it all went to fast at a high speed could we possibly explode?, Or possibly disappear?

Maybe if it all traveled at the speed of light or faster.

no_leaf_clover

If we went fast enough, and there was enough resistance to our bodies, our bodies would just fall apart/disintegrate if we were going fast enough (ie light-speed travel through gases), or just be crushed if we were going slowly and there was enough resistance (ie being pressed into steel at 2mph). If you were going the speed of light then you would be pretty much invisible, too, so if that counts as disappearing then sure.

I think an explosion would require an outburst of energy, like from within your body if your body was exploding, like spontaneous human combustion, or eating explosives.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

TuperYabba

Discounting extra-ordinary circumstances, no.
There is no good, no evil, just hate...
Humans are strange like that, they are the one species that loves to hate...
My question without an answer is... Why?

kiwibonga

Well, there -is- a weird cause of death called "spontaneous combustion" -- it was on X-Files but the idea came from actual police cases.

The people were found dead in their house with what looked like a sudden explosion from the inside of the body.

These people had something in common, they were for the most part old people living alone.

Reading about improper raising of the kundalini made me think of that phenomenon, actually :o

http://www.crystalinks.com/shc.html <-- more info
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

cainam_nazier

To put it simply, yes.  
It's called terminal velocity.  But it is not really exploding as it is more being liquefied.  There are a couple of different definitions for terminal velocity though.  But if a living thing is traveling at a sufficiently higher speed than it's environment there is a point at which the body breaks down.  Also there is the situation where enough G-force is created and the body crushes itself and will eventually liquefy.  And then there is the speed at which if you were to suddenly stop you would juice if you didn't slow down first.

Spontaneous Combustion is an interesting thing though too.  We have had a lengthy discussion about it already.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3380&highlight=spontaneous+combustion
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12633&highlight=spontaneous+combustion

Those are a couple of interesting reads.

CFTraveler

Then there's being 'spaced'.  Science fiction fans will know what this is.

-lines-

Pressure changes will do that. The human body is meant to be pushed on by the atmosphere. You go high enough and you'll 'explode'. Sudden pressure changes will do it faster, though.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

gdo

GANAMOHA

I think it would be very interesting if instead of moving the organ we moved the molecules of our whole bodies to a very fast vibration speed we would be able to phase through many things and the idea of light speed travel could be brought up but you still would have to consider the g-force (then again if we could controll our own atoms I think we would be capable of of using our own minds to alter our bodies to withstand it anyways)
I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

CFTraveler

Quote from: GANAMOHAI think it would be very interesting if instead of moving the organ we moved the molecules of our whole bodies to a very fast vibration speed we would be able to phase through many things and the idea of light speed travel could be brought up but you still would have to consider the g-force (then again if we could controll our own atoms I think we would be capable of of using our own minds to alter our bodies to withstand it anyways)
Not to mention Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

Ryuji

Yes humans can explode - If you overeat on beans :PP

Blessings,
Ryu

CFTraveler

Quote from: RyujiYes humans can explode - If you overeat on beans :PP

Blessings,
Ryu
And then go on a date and have to hold it. :tongue2:

zyzyx

Well, according to special relativity, at the speed of light the space/time continuum would essentially compress down to a single point for the person travelling at the speed of light and at the same time the traveller would cease existing as matter and become pure energy...  Sounds like fun.

-Z

cainam_nazier

QuotePosted: 17 Apr 2006 14:59    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuji wrote:
Yes humans can explode - If you overeat on beans :PP

Blessings,
Ryu

And then go on a date and have to hold it.  

You know I still remember when I was young, like 5 or so, and my dad told me that if I held in my various gaseous functions they would build up and I would explode.  I believed him too.  I little and he was my dad.  He wouldn't lie to me. :redface:

WindGod

Quote from: RyujiYes humans can explode - If you overeat on beans :PP

Blessings,
Ryu

Pardon me please, I just exploded   :redface:
Are weather forcasters psychic?

WindGod

anyone see the Myth Busters stomach test?

The myth is that a person named "Mikie" ate some pop rock candy and drank several cans of soda drink and the reaction caused his stomach to explode.

The myth is BUSTED, They did the test by filling a pig's stomach (bought from the butcher). Pop Rocks and Soda will not cause fatal inflation,

However,
They continued the test and mixed hydrochloric acid with baking soda and the test stomach expanded and reached a pressure of 3psi, then it ruptured/exploded.

So I guess, avoid adding more hydrochloric acid to your stomach and DON'T take 3-4 table spoons of backing soda and you'll be OK.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

cainam_nazier

Mentos and Diet Coke.

A coupe of Marines discovered that Mentos and Diet Coke react violently with each other.  So much so that they shot a video of them doing a little water show type thing with Mentos and Diet Coke.  They had the bottles set up so they would shoot out in different directions and the timed it to music and all.  It's pretty crazy.

rave_master_naruto

i think humans will not disintegrade if we know ho to block g-force. just like the ufo, it is very fast that you cant sometimes see it moving. and i am sure that the aliens have found a way on how to block g-force so that they will not be killed of their speed while in thier UFO thing. :-)
If you are confused, then do not be confuse so that you will not be confused :D

CFTraveler

Quote from: cainam_nazier on July 04, 2006, 02:36:19
Mentos and Diet Coke.

A coupe of Marines discovered that Mentos and Diet Coke react violently with each other.  So much so that they shot a video of them doing a little water show type thing with Mentos and Diet Coke.  They had the bottles set up so they would shoot out in different directions and the timed it to music and all.  It's pretty crazy.
So what are Mentos made of?
Can't someone just bend over and pass gas?  Just a thought.   :| :?

Astir

Quote from: CFTraveler on January 03, 2007, 21:35:28
  So what are Mentos made of?
Can't someone just bend over and pass gas?  Just a thought.   :| :?

I've seen the videos...it appeared as if there would not be enough time if the two were ingested. But someone could probably throw it up if they had to. Although maybe it has more to do with the closed bottles than the chemical reaction itself.

The things flew 50 feet in the air when slammed onto the pavement.