News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Holographic Universe Theory

Previous topic - Next topic

Adkha

I read a article about the theory...(I found it on this site:-)) but this articles only describes what the theory can explain. But tell me...what part of this very interesting theory explains the spiritual?
Psycho Paradoxical

zaicer

A long time ago someone in India (i think) said: "Everything is light" People have tryed to understand this but were unable to untill now. Now we can say, yea that guy was right everything is light, everything is a hologram. But this is not totaly true. Everything is light not becouse it is a big hologram but becouse it is made of energy. Matter which we precive is a condens and very packed form of energy which we can see and feel as our monitor, keybord, mouse and other objects. Scientists have discovered that everything on a quantom level is energy and so they proved that everything is light (and light is energy which we can see). Another theory from my favorite school of spiritual development (Huna) states that everything is interconcected with infinite number of aka threds (little spiritual ropes that conect everything to everything else) This would agree with the hologram theory, everything is a part of one big universe. Our universe is like the Earth itself. By observing what is around us we will easyly understand the very essenc of our existance. We, people and other "physical things are like the peeps of mountains. We look aroud and see that everything is seperate. We do not look down becouse we are unable to and so we do not see other parts of our existance, we only see that we are all seperate. To look down we need to do much work and even then we will feel the reality for what it is. We will not see nor will we clearly feel it with our sences. We will first see it with our minds and then faintly feel it with our spirits. Then under the peaks, Huna (and other schools) teaches that there is a perfect reflection of the "physical" world. A perfect reflection, that means that there is a helthy, undamaged image of everybody and every object. This "underpeek" is like the whole image that every part of the hologram contains but unfortunatly sometimes the "peak" hologram sometimes degrades (this part also allows us to understand how instant healings happen, the physical image is compared in some whay to the phantom blueprint and then it is instantly corected, IF there is enough evergy)
Under that leyer of reality are deeper ones which we can't precive too much becouse as the "peeks" of reality we can't look down.
Underneath it all is the core image, the master hologram which was described in "The Holographic Universe" theory. This is not GOD, althe some may think it is. Just like the hot core of Earth sustains the whole surface of the planet in the state as we see it now, so does the master-hologram sestain the whole reality. Acording to some schools it is the will of the ultimate GOD that susteins the whole universe in existance and all the rules that govern it. This would also explain why the ancient kahunas believed that one can't reach the ultimate GOD, but insted one needs to comunicate with his higher self (a part of his own spirit which is a step bove us, or a step below if we look at it from the peek theory point of view.

But anyway. The hologram theory and all others are just that theorys, their efectivnes will be the mesure of their truth. These theories cant change the very essence of the universe becouse there is an unobjectiv reality, but becouse everyone is an individual we can not see this unobjectiv reality, we can only see the objectiv reality becouse WE look at it, and it is put threw our own mental filters befere we observ it.
"The Holographic Universe" can only give us a diferent perspective on the universe which allows us to bring our objectiv image of the universe closer to the unobjectiv universe which exists beyond ourselvs. The more perspectivs we have the better we understand what is going on and so we can make better choices and be more effectiv.

Many people have come to this conlusion (by means similar or diferent from my own) and they concluded that individuality is an illision. There is nothing that is more wrong then that. INDIVIDUALITY is NOT an illusion, it is as real, or even more then the physical plin of existance. It is like assuming that one is a part of the sea becouse one is swimming in it.

If something that I wrote is a little hard to understand please tell me I will be happy to explain if I can.
Now is the moment of power!!!

JoWo

Hello Adkha,

The 'holographic universe' is not an established scientific theory but an attempt to coordinate modern scientific results into some unified thought system.   Please read my second post on the 1st page (21 June 03) and my last post, 1st page (06 Aug. 03).  In the holographic paradigm the connection with the spiritual is only implied without an actual explanation.  For a direct connection between modern science and spiritual reality, please check out the following website.

JoWo

Hello zaicer,

Many explanations of cosmic reality are possible, depending on one's point of view, and your description is a good one for you and others who have a similar mindset.  I would only like to expand on your last paragraph because it could lead to misunderstanding.

Whenever we make a statement about reality, we must define our point of view because reality appears differently from different viewpoints.  When you say, zaicer,  that "INDIVIDUALITY is NOT an illusion", you speak from the viewpoint of an individual.  For us individuals, the entire cosmos is a collection of "individual' items, such as people, stars, atoms, and mosquitoes.  However, the 'master-hologram' has no divisions and therefore no individuals at its level of existence.  Therefore, a person who is Awakened to ultimate reality will say that individuality is an illusion.  Both statements are correct from their different points of view.

Jo.

DarkOne

there are 3 dimensions to the physical universe, x, y and z. some will claim that time is the 4th dimension but no one can agree on this.

Person

A very worthwhile read.  Basically a scientific explanation of how the physical universe is an illusion.
http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html
-Person

zaicer

I recently read somewhere that some physicists think that our universe is 5 dimensional. XYZ and the 4th material dimension comes into play when you approach the edge of our universe. Instead of hitting a "wall" you simply keep on going and come out on the other side of it, and 5th time dimension.
Now is the moment of power!!!

loveregardless

I'm pretty sure this theory is the theory that most scientists subscribe too in their modern day understanding of the universe. in that book i keep mentioning by Barbara Brennan, a physicist who worked for NASA for 5 years, she gives an overview of the modern view of reality that science holds at present, starting with Newtonian building blocks and continuing on through the most recent discoveries. It's absolutely fabulous. I think the main point she stressed with the  theory is just that ever piece is the whole, like a hologram, each part contains all parts. Anyway...this is me recommending the book again. "hands of light" Barbara Brennan...very highly suggested!
~*~Namaste~*~

canna-bliss

no disrespect intended to any attempts to describe anything with words. i understand the desire to have another person comprehend and perhaps agree, in words, to a proposed idea.  honestly though i think we exist and that is enough.  since i am a piece of existence i know how matter is, time is and so on, because i am it, but i might not be able to have an agreement with another person about it.  this is a simple idea but still the string theory is supposedly simple too (ive only read a little).of course all is one and yet many.  four tires (four distinct items) are part of one car (one unit).  the wording of it can make them seem very different. also by looking at the tires (tread size, rim size, tread depth, tire construction) you can tell many things about the car(what kind of car, how much the car has driven on those tires, where it has been driven, and were it was made). the task seems to be coming up with the right words to describe it to another person(s) and have them agree with you.  who's with me!!!!joking but still i think a streamlined theory with relatively simple metaphors until proper units of measurement are found is a great way to advance in descriptions of being....or you could just be since we seem to be quite adept at traveling and manipulating different parts of existence
you  know i accept gifts

filipcza

It's interesting to see how science starts to come closer to the spiritual teachings. It reminds me of one channeled material in which it stated something along these lines:

"..and when the scientists dig deep enough to the quantum physics, then they will find god staring back at them under their microscope"

The holografic universe article reminded me of this, because it said that even the tiniest parts are just miniatyre versions of the whole.

The channeled article also stated that all roads lead back to god, so it really doesn't matter if you are a scientist or a mystic. It's just a different perspective of the same thing. I myself like the mystic way more, because there you can experience things firsthand and you don't have to buy a gigantic telescope or install a particle accelerator to your living room..

canna-bliss

ive had ideas about existence being somewhat circular as a graph, as in the largest large is the smallest small, like if a galaxy is also a single particle, like 0 and 360, smallest and largest.  snake eating its own tail etc.  its all real and connected.  like spiritual teachings are for the body and mind to navigate with, and science for machines, for us to use, all connected.
you  know i accept gifts

Jeromesim

Recently an article was published in a special edition of Scientific American magazine that talks about some more amazing ideas emerging from the field of physics.  Have you guys heard about them?  What is fascinating is how complementary they are with ancient spiritual texts.

Not only do these theories suggest that the universe is nothing but information, they say that it's 3D appearance is in fact a profound illusion.  Blackhole and entropy theory are leading scientists to believe that in reality the universe is somehow written on a 2 dimensional 'surface'.

Here is a link to the article.  It is simple enough to digest.
http://www.crystalinks.com/holouniverse1.html

Once you've got your head around that compare those ideas with this stanza from the Ribhu Gita, an ancient Indian text that exhaustively states the illusive nature of reality.  Because of its repetitive nature and adherence to the absolute it is said to be 'as good as samadhi itself'!  A bold statement, I know.  But check it out for yourself.

Of this world, which is an illusory superimposition on
Consciousness,
There is nothing real or unreal.
It is only the substratum, which is the not-to-be ignored Reality,
That appears as the imaginary reality of superimposition.
If the imaginary reality is inquired into,
it is seen to be undoubtedly of the Reality of the substratum.

substratum:  a layer beneath the surface soil;

Stratum:  1 : a bed or layer artificially made
2 a : a sheetlike mass of sedimentary rock or earth of one kind lying between beds of other kinds b : a region of the sea or atmosphere that is analogous to a stratum of the earth c : a layer of tissue <deep stratum of the skin> d : a layer in which archaeological material (as artifacts, skeletons, and dwelling remains) is found on excavation
4 : one of a series of layers, levels, or gradations in an ordered system <strata of thought>

ubiquitous

Advancement's in scientific research labs in the world are building a clearer picture probing deeper and deeper into the fabric of all that we are and what surrounds us.
All this processed data makes me wonder that numbers are an indespensible part of our creation
like pi, goldern ratio, plancks constanst e.c.t
Is calculating a man made concept or has our observations on earth and the solar system led us
to start utilising remnants of a creator's handbook?  
mmmm it all comes back down to consciousness and locating internal thoughts thats were the genie resides.

MisterJingo

Quote from: JeromesimRecently an article was published in a special edition of Scientific American magazine that talks about some more amazing ideas emerging from the field of physics.  Have you guys heard about them?  What is fascinating is how complementary they are with ancient spiritual texts.

Not only do these theories suggest that the universe is nothing but information, they say that it's 3D appearance is in fact a profound illusion.  Blackhole and entropy theory are leading scientists to believe that in reality the universe is somehow written on a 2 dimensional 'surface'.

Here is a link to the article.  It is simple enough to digest.
http://www.crystalinks.com/holouniverse1.html

Once you've got your head around that compare those ideas with this stanza from the Ribhu Gita, an ancient Indian text that exhaustively states the illusive nature of reality.  Because of its repetitive nature and adherence to the absolute it is said to be 'as good as samadhi itself'!  A bold statement, I know.  But check it out for yourself.

Of this world, which is an illusory superimposition on
Consciousness,
There is nothing real or unreal.
It is only the substratum, which is the not-to-be ignored Reality,
That appears as the imaginary reality of superimposition.
If the imaginary reality is inquired into,
it is seen to be undoubtedly of the Reality of the substratum.

substratum:  a layer beneath the surface soil;

Stratum:  1 : a bed or layer artificially made
2 a : a sheetlike mass of sedimentary rock or earth of one kind lying between beds of other kinds b : a region of the sea or atmosphere that is analogous to a stratum of the earth c : a layer of tissue <deep stratum of the skin> d : a layer in which archaeological material (as artifacts, skeletons, and dwelling remains) is found on excavation
4 : one of a series of layers, levels, or gradations in an ordered system <strata of thought>

The image of our third dimension on a two dimensional surface is more a tool for us to visualise a fourth (or more) dimension(s). It holds no greater reality than mathematical imaginary time - it's a tool to allow our brains to concieve of an idea rather than stating we exist on such a surface.

andonitxo

Very interesting article.

As always, it seems that ancient religions did know all of this before our science. The reference about "maya" is very good, it was a giant tarantula like creature which captured people with its web.

If we examine carefully some myths we always find female like beings playing evil roles when they rule some materialistic features. In fact, if we are more elevated beings we should avoid earthly things and treat them as illusions created by our own physical minds.

I imagine myths took female figures because women are the door to Earth. Remember the old witches trying to defeat the courageous cavaliers or cheating the beauty princesses. It's like if Earth would be wicked if we don't understand it correctly, but suddenly it becomes a new unlimited universe when we understand its roots.

Anyway I read in the cabalah that every sefira contains all the others in itself, so the first one (kether, the crown) contains essentially all the other sefiras till malkuth (the Earth). This theory coincides with that of electrons' memory.

Unless it seems there's no limitation in our being there must be someone. Those will be the so called veils that fall as you evolve your mind (the three veils of Isis?).

Thanks for posting such a good articles.

greytraveler

Interesting that this topic has resurfaced after lying dormant for several years.
A personal coincidence or synchronicity.?
Carl Jung postulated that 'coincidences' that are too profound and unlikely to be the product of random chance alone are caused by something powerful in the 'collective subconscious.'
Michael Talbot, the author, dealt with this subject in his book "The Holographic Universe'
And I just began reading 'The Holographic Universe' (for the first time) a few days before this topic was resurrected :exclamation:  :question:  :idea:  :question:

jub jub

I thoroughly enjoyed "The Holographic Universe"!

If you like Quantum Physics, then check out the DVD "What the bleep do we know".  It's a documentary with a little drama thrown in to keep it interesting.

I played this DVD when I had some friends over to the house. At first they were reluctant to sit through it but after it was finished, we had the most lively and invigorating discussion as to what we watched! Everyone loved it!
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

moible

does an "illusion" need something "real" to compare it too or define it by.

what does it mean "to live in an illusion"

illuminate me

El-Bortukali

is spiritual immortality an illusion,and can we terminate spiritual Immortality?
Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

ubiquitous

can we determine an immortal spirit?