News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Question

Previous topic - Next topic

UnnamedGuy

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I've been having a discussion with someone on another forum about OOBE's which veered into the nature of consciousness and thought.

The person I am talking to believes everything is physical, and is puzzled as to why a metaphysical existence is usually always dictated on humans(or other animals). He thinks all of this is just random brain activities triggered physically by possibly barley conscious atoms and cells, an idea I think that would lead to the assertion of free will being a myth.

Anyway, the question is when does life (if ever) become just random chemical/electrical processes at work? Do Virii/Cells have "souls"?

I've been thinking about it alot and can't really come to an answer on my own, my first best guess being related to a sort of universal consciousness in regards to all forms found on the physical plane.

kiwibonga

Everything has a soul, including rocks, supposedly. This is because the physical universe is part of the consciousness of the creator, and as such, everything is energy...

Remember that consciousness does not necessarily indicate visible behavior or the capacity to think.

The problem is that we tend to view our own consciousness as just one entity, as if we had just one soul... But our consciousness can be split... We can experience different focuses of consciousness at the same time.

"Spirit" is uncountable. "Spirit" is what we refer to when we say that "God is everywhere" -- every single atom in the physical universe possesses an infinity of it.

When it is applied to a living organism, this "spirit" is given the ability to specialize, to think, to become aware of its surroundings, to experience, etc...

I am inclined to think that energy work is in fact the specialization of this "spirit" ; the specialization is triggered by shifting your awareness towards a specific point of the body, and using this dormant "spirit" to your advantage.
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

ubiquitous

That is a toughie, and of course it would only be a philosophical answer as we cannot quantify/locate the internal thoughts that are the essence of our free will.
The word RANDOM for me is at the heart of this problem.
The sun emits light that is interpreted electrochemically by our system of sight that has evolved, is this random?
Some people would prefer all happenings to be more deterministic but as we have probed deeper, chaos, chance, probability and randomness shows it's ugly head because Quantifying at a subatomic level is in it's infancy, you cannot see it only indirectly observe it therefore a misrepresentation but still a working function.
Your answer is in the future when the resolution of behavior on this spooky level is refined.
Do cells have souls?
Well we don't know for sure we have souls, and what defines a soul but a saying i have for now is atoms have there quarks like people have there quirks.

jilola

I have another pov.

Everything IS a soul, an undulation in the overall existential field. The undulation is manifested as what we see as the world, all connected but still different in appearance and relation.

2cents & L&L
Jouni