News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is Quantum Mysticism just one big lie?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Please somebody save me from my skepticism. I want to believe in everything that's talked about, but I find curiosity getting the better of me and looking for alternate explanations for why things happen in the popular experiments. So far I've found out that it's not that observing particles isn't anything to do with consciously observing, but the way it's measured, and Bruce Lipton is a typical mystic who expects "I did this and that" to make us believe him instantly even though it would mean inaccurate timescales. EFT suggests there's only one cause for illness or injuries, and that's negative emotions (like a horse breaking its leg because it watched a bird die and was sad), and someone else did some experimented where kids had to verbally abuse a jar, and the abused jar grew moldy and horrible where-as another one (which kids were told to be loving to), was healthy. That's not an experiment, that's just telling kids to mechanically say things to a bloody food far and not even taking logical variables into account.

I still believe in AP though, I trust that it exists, so far I haven't read "It's obvious science", and people have just seemed to agree it's something that exists and has yet to be explained more. The only thing that's giving me hope is the possibility that these things (chakras, LOA, AP) would require a different kind of science completely and this is why all these bovine excrement theories fail to explain or test anything. Like failed explanations of a real thing, would I be right in thinking that?

Astralzombie

There is nothing we can tell you that will make up your mind and that's how it should be. This is an area that you have to explore for yourself. There isn't any known technology that can accurately measure or quantify consciousness so all we can do is share and compare experiences but comparing is over rated. If you spend all your time worrying while your experiences aren't like someone else's, then you'll just spend a lot of time worrying.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

Be skeptical but keep an open mind. You may not have had 'the experience' you want, others have and some before they started school. They get forgot over time and when they finally start again an experience brings back memories.
Accept it as true then find a way that suits you.
How successful have you actually been?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Szaxx on May 28, 2014, 17:56:37
How successful have you actually been?

I'm at that point with AP that if I have the perfect conditions and have a particularly good morning with my concentration, I'm 50% likely to have one.

Szaxx

Put your intent on being in a room of your house that you know well. This is better if you can be as far from the body as possible. If you are successful then go outside and look around, remember everything you can that's different from normal. Wake yourself and go see if the things seen are there.
Don't expect 100% success, just go with a mild curiosity to see how much matches. Return later in the day too. Some things may change and match better.
When you can do this easily it's time to go to a friends house and be nosey.
Look in the attic, places not normally used. Your friend needs to check too, ideally this friend will not know either.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jdeadevil

Haha I was initially planning on doing this anyway. The exploring bit, not looking at hot girls my friends... houses. :p

Greytraveller

Hello Jdeadevil
Your first post in this thread resonated with me. I agree with much of what you had to say. Especially
QuoteI still believe in AP though, I trust that it exists,
Quite true !!  :wink:
However there have been several recent attempts by doctors and 'scientists' to explain OBE/AP away as 'obvious science'. Of course these attempts have come up short and are inadequate (as they always must be).
And, much of the 'new science' is garbage. Yet there IS good work being done by many people. I refer to the research being done on dreams and other altered states of consciousness, particularly scientific and unscientific studies on remote viewing. Unfortunately it is usually necessary to wade through a lot of semi-scientific trash in order to find a few golden nuggets of genuinely good info. But finding those nuggets is almost always worth the time and effort.

Regards   8-)
Grey