Telekinesis is a form of short term consistent histories time travel

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

I have a very good reason for saying this, not just that I've practiced telekinesis until skilled enough to record this video (but am not good enough at it to do it any time I want):
"Psi wheel in a clear closed box 2"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGb4RNRB4

The reason is it only works when you observe the psi wheel (or other target object) in a state of mind that will not change depending on if it moves or not. You must have no reaction to what happens, only observe. That is a necessary but not sufficient condition. In that state of mind, your subconscious mind starts feeling deep slow waves, which you subconsciously explore into by making small adjustments to your thoughts. Its like learning to ride a bicycle, don't say it can't be done just because you fail to balance on it many times.

There is a theory of time travel called Consistent Histories. It says its possible to go back in time as long as you don't affect things, that whatever small things you do affect move slightly to line up with the loop and incoming and outgoing events consistently. I extend that to include mobius time loops and any kind of self consistent shape, not just single loops, so if you kill your grandfather and that causes you to not exist and not kill your grandfather so you do exist again to kill him, that would probably not work since killing your grandfather has other effects that would not line up the second time around, but it is possible that if your grandfather had little effect on the world it could be pushed, with enough physical force on the time network (not time line), to have a mobius where you kill your grandfather and that causes you to not kill your grandfather on the other side of the loop, and that causes you to have a consistent history with the first side where you do kill your grandfather, closing the mobius, and still allowing other events to enter and leave at various points in the time network.

Since a necessary but not sufficient condition of telekinesis is to have a state of mind that is not affected by the future a second ahead, if the target object moves or not, and since the expanded version of consistent histories theory (which I think is true for other reasons in thermodynamics based timeless physics) says the same thing, I say telekinesis is a form of short term consistent histories time travel.

That would also explain its connection to precognition, like when I used to hear my microwave beep a few seconds before it really beeped, so I would already be there opening the door when it beeped, and a more common experience of many people, knowing who is calling before picking up the phone, sometimes. There was some research on people playing baseball. It said they react to the movements of the ball faster than their neurons should be able to. I think this is how brains normally work, something about the Time Symmetry of physics, and to say there is not enough time for that to happen between neural activations (as Max Tegmark, a professional physicist, writes) is to ignore the very theory its about, that information flows backward and forward in time.

Bedeekin

Interesting theory.  :-)

So you don't actively try to make the psi wheel spin.. you observe it expecting it to spin?

beavis

Right. It never moves when you're trying to move it, something about how it unbalances your mind.

Greytraveller

Greeting Beavis.
A question here. Do you consider the theory of Consistent Histories as sufficient to explain precognition by itself? Or are there other forces involved?
Recently I'm looking into accounts of precognitive dreams (many can be found at www.psychic-experiences.com) I have No doubt that precognitive dreams Do occur. (I have had several myself.) But to date I have yet to find a satisfactory theory to account for this phenomena. Perhaps the theory of Consistent Histories is that theory??

Regards
Grey

Alchemist823

I remember a show where they opened the human skull and activated parts of the body while the person was awake to show how fast the person reacted and it showed the person reacted faster than the nerves could react thus giving way to the notion that our minds operate in the future.

drake

volcomstone

So you don't actively try to make the psi wheel spin.. you observe it expecting it to spin 

Never had anyone put it that way! The mindset is exactly that for me. But I still am "actively" trying to make it spin. It's almost as if you make a vacuum or void with your mind and the wheel falls into it making it spin.

Meditation makes it spin as well. And you can't get  excited about it.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Bert23

Phildan1

I know this post chain is not so young, but I need to add my observations to beavis and this TK practice. I never practiced Telekinesis but later, I want to learn it. Maybe it is not about learning it but allowing. As I got this post randomly, I remembered a guy on Youtube who figured out the same thing that TK worked for him when he had the intent in his mind with closed eyes, imagining the stuff spinning, then with open eyes, just wait. And observe what's happening. And then it moves (took him maybe a month or months?). Pretty interesting and I guess this alone makes more questions alone in this practice or phenomenon. I would like to learn it later and I'm a natural TK guy in my non-physical life which may doesn't mean so much in this Universe but it is cool to do it, especially if others can see it.

Well many (if not most) Youtubers are faking it and making sensation from cheating but this was just one guy. It is pretty interesting in the end that you need to allow to your bigger part of consciousness from the NP to do it. I wonder how many people realize this if they are eventually successful and this is why it is a good we can learn from each other. At least who are serious and not doing it for showcase and in other videos (lol) making a huge fashion from it by closing eyes, giving "god" reaching postures and rituals funnily and acting as they are some ultimate being doing this.

But many of us can agree even on the "allowing it to happen" or "passive observation" that hm, maybe there is something to it, how the NP works towards this (or other) physical system.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com