News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Time

Previous topic - Next topic

OATH_

Hi, sorry for posting this here if it causes a problem, but I am not an 'inner sanctum member' so cannot post in the private member forums. I posted this on my own forum, what does everyone think? I tried to make it so it would make sense to anyone but I guess ill see what everyone else says, thnx.

If we go back 500 years ago, and talk to people and tell them what we have done today, If we tell them we went to the moon, they would think we lie and probably kill us. They would wonder and not see how one could possibly do this.

The closer you get to the speed of light, the more and more energy is transferred and changed into matter.

If you are an astral projector, you know that the body you use is made of energy, and you also know that you can zoom across the universe with just a thought in less than a second.

Note: this is my theory, I didnt not go and find it somewhere else besides my own mind as I laid down for sleep not 20 minutes ago.

Steven Hawking says time is not a straight line. He says time is quite possible more like loops and twist occasionally bumping into each other. He says its jumbled.

So what is time? I heard somewhere that time is simply motion. Einstein says each individual has his or her own time, and the faster we move towards the speed of light the slower we move through time.

What if time is more like a ripple in a pond. Time could, quite simply, be motion. The reigning theory for a great many years now is the big bang as to how the universe was created. A mass explosion from an infinitely dense point, a singularity not unlike a black hole. Before this there was nothing, the universe exploded there were object and there was as a result motion which is time. Even if an object is seemingly still for quite some time, we know thnx to quantum physics, that the atoms inside are still moving around and bumbing into each other quite fast. So we have this point, this singularity, and it explodes in all directions. Not only that the objects that emerged from the point are bumping into each other, causing heat and explosions, merging and making new elements like carbon. So if time is also motion and motion is expanding in all directions time goes with it as a property of motion. And the explosions we see are something like a choice except you might call it random choice and not conscious (or was it? ). As matter is a property of time these explosins are time and having an effect on time, which would afftect future choices as a consequences of the choices. So it therefore seems accurate to imagine time as rippeling water. The ripples are parts of the whole but which are separate and somewhat isolated and bound within themselves at the same time as still being part of the whole. Each ripple affect other ripples etc.. And it echoes along, forward and backwards in time.

As and individual, as a human being, you know that your choices now, in the present affect the ones in the future. You also know that your past choices and actions affect where you are and what you are doing at this current moment. By looking at past choices and by simple logic we can predict the future. We can even predict weather by looking at patterns.........

I feel I can write more and study this
Quotemore
later, but I must think more on it first.

edit: lol I just noticed that

More more more, how do you like me how do you like me.

(lol actually I saw a biography on tv once about the girl who wrote that song and its about sex with a stripper or something I think, really bad what she was describing :cry: )[/u]

I dont do drugs btw lol
By his or her acts and knowledge, each person makes their nature known

At the centre was the holy Sephira of Tiphareth, the point of perfect balance, harmony and beauty; the mystic rose that held within its seed-pod generations of future blossoms.

Krashlanmar

Well, quite simply, I know enough about physics and quantum physics to know that I know very little... Taking this into consideration, I won't post any theories or philosophies on the matter; however I will comment on what you wrote.

[edit: excuse the stupidity of the next paragraph. I was being a moron yesterday.]

One of the things that stood out is that you called a black whole a "singularity." A black hole is just a really huge star. So big, in fact, that light cannot escape it's immense gravitational field. Stephen Hawking actually believes (and thinks that he has proven that) there are subatomic particles with such a tiny mass that they actually do escape the gravitational field, but I'll not speak about that.

If we are to trust Einstein and his theories, then time is relative to the speed of light, thus time must be a form of motion, just as a letter cannot be proportional to a number, unless you make a conversion into binary or hexadecimal (I see no reason to go the extra mile to hexadecimal, but I said it, so I'm sticking by it), but that is artificial; humans made different binary values equal different things: sounds, colors, etc, but I'm quickly digressing, so I'll stop speaking of binary.

Now, if time is proportional to the speed of light, and if matter-energy truly does exist, then there is a way to turn time into something tangible. The equation, I suppose, won't be much different from Einstein's e=m(c squared)[(there's no way of writing a "c" squared ^_^)]

Regardless, Einstein's theory only works for the material plane (as opposed to the astral plane, among others, I suppose), if people in their astral selves travel at ultralight speeds without time's slowing. Or, mayhap, they travel seconds, if not minutes, into the past without knowing. This would, in fact, prove Einstein's theory and open a new branch of science, a sub-category of Physics, I assume.

Now, I myself haven't AP'ed yet, but from my reading and my studying I gleaned that people do travel at speeds that are vastly larger than the speed of light. Taking into consideration the differences between the astral and material planes, our laws of Physics might not apply to the Astral plane, but if this is the case, then time in the Astral plane would be either non-existent or skewed, compared to our own time. This would mean that when people AP, they would either return to their bodies at the exact instant that they left or they would come back to their body at a seemingly random time. Neither of which I have heard or read of, thus Einstein's theory is almost discredited. (I am not ruling out that I am young and stupid yet, so I might be incorrect in my assessments.)

Now, coming back to the topic of "time." Quantum physics, in its most fundamental form, states that everything is a possibility. I am typing on my keyboard because I know it's there and because I know that when I push a key, it will depress and a character will appear in the little text box on my monitor. All of this, of course, means that if one believes in something enough, it will happen. Now, this is borderline Psychology, of which I will not speak now, and thus this statement is semi-irrelevant.

Now, if I recall correctly, in quantum physics matter is said to be constantly exchanging various forms of quanta (energy). Photons are a quanta that I distinctly remember speaking with my tutor of (he was a good Physics teacher, even though I didn't have him for that subject). Another thing I remember is that the electron actually curves and stretches space-time (sorta like matter-energy, but I'll not go into that now.). This distortion is caused because the electron moves at the speed of light, and, as Einstein said, once can't actually get to the speed of light. Eventually you would get close to 99.999% the speed of light, and time would theoretically slow to such an extent that you would be nearly two dimensional. Regardless, if time would continue to slow in such a fashion, then the speed of light cannot be achieved. Let's make an example:

You are in a car traveling half the speed of light (approximately 90,000 mps); this speed is constant. If you threw a ball or a frisbee, for example, and it left your hand and traveled at a constant speed of 10 mph, relative to you, someone looking into the car, hypothetically, would see that this ball was traveling at 1/6 + 90,000 mps. So something close to 90,000.167mps. Now, what if you were traveling at the same speed, but you turned on a flashlight? The light would, in relation to you, be moving at 180,000 mps (approx.). and to the observer looking into the car? What would he see? Light traveling at 1.5 times the speed of light? Many experiments and theories which have been proven say "nay!" Light travels at a constant speed, no matter the circumstances. You might be thinking, "What the hell? velocity is distance/time... If adding the two velocities (90,000 mps and 180,000 mps; the speed you are traveling and the speed that light travels, respectively) isn't a fair judge of how fast the light travels at, then distance and time must change!" It's alright if you didn't think that, really, since I'm semi-knowledgeable and I had to put an "You must be thinking to yourself..." thing in there ^_^... Regardless, that would mean that the closer something got to the speed of light, the more distance and time must distort. This all has to do with space-time (the relationship that I have just shown to you) and matter-energy (the relationship that e=mc squared shows you), and I haven't the time to explain either to any reasonable extent.

Alright, now taking this newly acquired knowledge and implementing it... if light is going at 180,000 mps, then the equation would look something like [180,000 = 180,000 miles/1 second]; which is fairly obvious. But this is relative to you, inside the moving vehicle. To an observer, from outside, they would see the light moving at the same speed, but both cannot be true at the same time. Light cannot move in two speeds at the same time, in fact it can only move at one constant speed no matter what, so, what is the answer to this enigma? Special relativity. I've already gotten into it before. Basically, space-time warps. The car would become thinner and everything in it would move slower. So time, for you, the traveler inside the car, would slow down, though you wouldn't notice.

Well, I'm done rambling; hopefully I made SOME point somewhere in there. It definitely got me thinking, though, and I thank you for that.

I don't even remember what I'm replying to at this point ^_^. Sorry for the possibly severely off-topic response.
"The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven..."
~Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII

Krashlanmar, the Black Dragon

I implore you not to judge.

CFTraveler

I just want to add something that a quantum physicist once explained to me:  This effect only works with particles that have resting mass over zero- like an electron or any other particle.  This, however, does not apply to photons, because they have zero resting mass.  That is why light (photons) can go at the speed of light with no mass increase thus warping space.  So if our astral bodies are made of light or some other similar particle; i.e. some particle with no resting mass, we can at least go at warp speed (a little trek here) and not break any relativity rules.  
For whatever this is worth, I being a frequent projector, have timed my projections to last for about 15 minutes.  It sometimes seems longer but rarely.  So it appears that we don't come back at the same time we left- but who's to know? the downloads could be what take time.  I don't know how that impacts your theories, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.  :wink:

NickJW

I had a conversation about this with my physics teacher a while back, and we also came to the conclusion that time is motion.

This is a hypercube: a four dimensional cube. Now we know time is the fourth dimension. According to him the second cube emanating from the first cube is just showing the motion of the cube, with the lines connecting the two cubes representing their path through time and representing that they are still the same object.
The reason why the second cube is larger is representing its motion from a place further away (so the inner cube looks smalller because it is further away, and motion causes it to get bigger as it comes closer).
If you study the cube and think about it, what he says makes sense and also backs up the claim that time is motion.

Stevo

QuoteIf you are an astral projector, you know that the body you use is made of energy, and you also know that you can zoom across the universe with just a thought in less than a second.

If you were to look at a rock by your feet, then to look at a tree on a far away mountain, have you travelled from the rock to the tree? Same applies here.
As it as written, now and forever shall be. In the name of the Stevo, amen.

ubiquitous

Nice subject, cool post's
EMITIME  TIMEMIT

A stubborn persistent illusion - Einstein

Without all the motions.. no emotions.. lifeless so it's quite easy to say Motion = Time.
Before jumping on to the fascinating topic of light&optics and the way we are designed to absorb this illusive data called light should we not ask what blind people think of time?
At the extreme of motion is light and what fascinating thought experiments this has provoked in the past and much more so in the future.
So as a bench mark of this discussion so far:

The Universal Photon travels at the SPEED of TIME called

EMITIME

lets say life existed at the nearest star 4.2 Earth Light years away
or 4.2 x 9.5 billion kilometers away or

132.5 million seconds at speed EMITIME

A time conscious being called bopper sends a message from planet dibilis to earth it's decoded and Say's "at planet dibilis our day is a blongy,and there are 173000 wongy's in a blongy.There are 730 blongy's in 1 dibilis year, your blue planet emissions take ??????wongeys at EMITIME to arrive at my pad in dibilis "
So NASA chief dirk rodstieger works out the blongy's x the wongy's and finds out by the time he works out seconds to wongy's and a dibilis light year bopper will be off to bed!

I'm off to get more data from bopper
Mr C

Mydral

Quote from: OATH_ on December 02, 2005, 01:08:20

As and individual, as a human being, you know that your choices now, in the present affect the ones in the future. You also know that your past choices and actions affect where you are and what you are doing at this current moment. By looking at past choices and by simple logic we can predict the future. We can even predict weather by looking at patterns.........

Sorry to disapoint you but look up "Chaos Theory". We can never predict the weather or the future because of that.
(sorry I used to be able to explain certain aspects of Chaos Theory in relation to weather, even wrote an essay on the Butterfly Effect but I can't get to it right now and my memory is kinda rusty on the subject... I will do some research and edit my post later on)
In somnis veritas

Astral Projection

In my opinion, time is illusion. There's no present, there's no future, only past... only our memories. Think of it... There is no present. You read this post and now the first word "In" is past.. you can read it again, and when you finish reading it'll be past. Elders said that when someone dies he sees his whole life in front of his eyes.. Maybe all this is just a memory that we are seeing just before our death?
mind altering psychedelic trip

WindGod

CFTraveler reminds us of the photon's zero resting mass, and the very cool layman's explanation that as mass approaches the velocity of light velocity the mass also increases, up to the point where at the speed of light the mass becomes infinite and exists simultaneously everywhere in the physical universe. (so paradoxidly, no speed limit!)
But as the theory goes, the amount of energy required to do this makes it impossible.
But the math can describe this condition which is a miracle in itself.

I still can't wrap my mind around why a body in motion can emit photons, but not add to the photon's velocity. I just have to accept it as a rule, some day I'll understand.

And in respect to Time, relative to other systems in the physical universe, we have different relative times when you factor in velocity, so it's like we're all in slightly different dimentions according to our speeds.
Are weather forcasters psychic?

emcshadow

Selski

Quote from: ubiquitous on April 12, 2006, 21:18:04
A time conscious being called bopper sends a message from planet dibilis to earth it's decoded and Say's "at planet dibilis our day is a blongy,and there are 173000 wongy's in a blongy.There are 730 blongy's in 1 dibilis year, your blue planet emissions take ??????wongeys at EMITIME to arrive at my pad in dibilis "
So NASA chief dirk rodstieger works out the blongy's x the wongy's and finds out by the time he works out seconds to wongy's and a dibilis light year bopper will be off to bed!

I'm off to get more data from bopper
Mr C

Mr C

That's wonderful.  Thanks. I want to live in a wongy blongy world please.  :-P

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

nwb

time, like god, exists inside of us and outside of us.......just because your not born yet doesnt mean time doesnt exist, and after you are born time still exists as it did before you were born, except it is relative to how you percieve it......did that sound philosophical enough heh