News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Books for training visualisation needed

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E

quote:
Originally posted by DrShaman

Do you know any books with visualisation mediation exercises? I need to train more visualisation. I have already done a lot of astral travel, but I need to train visualisation more to develop clairvoyance further.

I liked art and practice of creative visualization by ophiel. there is another one with a similar title by shakti gawin that is pretty good.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

DrShaman

I have already checked out "creative visualization" by shakti gowin, but it wasn't what I looked for. I am not interested in creative visualization. The point of this seems to be visualising what you want
with the purpose of making that visualization come true in the physical world. What I am interested in is to train visualization with the purpose of developing clairvoyance further, like seeing things behing closed eyes more clearly when I meditate. (Closed Eye Visuals) All the books on visualization seem to be on creative visualization. Isn't there any book that is not about creative visualization?

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_E

quote:

Do you know any books with visualisation mediation exercises? I need to train more visualisation. I have already done a lot of astral travel, but I need to train visualisation more to develop clairvoyance further.

I liked art and practice of creative visualization by ophiel. there is another one with a similar title by shakti gawin that is pretty good.

shaman

Hello Doctor,

There are many stages in meditation. Let us assumed that you are familiar with the relaxation stages, and you (say) lay down relaxed on your bed. Then for a little while you can practice contemplation to realease some of the natural stress, thoughts, etc.. The comtemplation is also explained in the book of Bruce, where you actually let your thoughts take you where they want.

The next step is when you start concentrating, focusing your awareness onto the object of concentration. For example you might have chosen your breathing as the object of your concentration. As you bring your awareness to your nostrils you feel and are aware of the air coming in and air going out. Naturally there will occur moments of distractions either from the outside (noise in the house, street, etc..) or from the inside (itchy leg, need to swallow, thoughts coming in, passing by, etc..). You will then gently bring back your attention to the object of concentration. This will happen more than once that distraction will occur.

Now it is during this period when you are being distracted and when you try to focus your awareness onto the object of concentration that visions occur. Visions can be terrible at times, with horrible beasts, etc... Budhists have actually visions of Buddha himself. There are the visions you want to work on, they will appear when you lose your awareness from the object of concentration, as your mind start to wander all by itself.

In meditation, one actually continues beyond the visions, one try to shift his/her awareness away from the visions (ignoring them - of course that's not what you want to do) to reach full absorption. Full absorption is when you awareness is suddently locked onto the object of concentration. The meditator becomes one with the object of concentration, there is a feeling of hapiness, bliss, physically and mentally that take over the meditator. There are many levels from there, but that's the basic one. Vision appears before that, as I mentioned above.

Good book on meditation (by psychologists) do explain a lot on the visions, maybe that's what you want to look for.

DrShaman

quote:
Originally posted by shaman

Hello Doctor,

There are many stages in meditation. Let us assumed that you are familiar with the relaxation stages, and you (say) lay down relaxed on your bed. Then for a little while you can practice contemplation to realease some of the natural stress, thoughts, etc.. The comtemplation is also explained in the book of Bruce, where you actually let your thoughts take you where they want.

The next step is when you start concentrating, focusing your awareness onto the object of concentration. For example you might have chosen your breathing as the object of your concentration. As you bring your awareness to your nostrils you feel and are aware of the air coming in and air going out. Naturally there will occur moments of distractions either from the outside (noise in the house, street, etc..) or from the inside (itchy leg, need to swallow, thoughts coming in, passing by, etc..). You will then gently bring back your attention to the object of concentration. This will happen more than once that distraction will occur.

Now it is during this period when you are being distracted and when you try to focus your awareness onto the object of concentration that visions occur. Visions can be terrible at times, with horrible beasts, etc... Budhists have actually visions of Buddha himself. There are the visions you want to work on, they will appear when you lose your awareness from the object of concentration, as your mind start to wander all by itself.

In meditation, one actually continues beyond the visions, one try to shift his/her awareness away from the visions (ignoring them - of course that's not what you want to do) to reach full absorption. Full absorption is when you awareness is suddently locked onto the object of concentration. The meditator becomes one with the object of concentration, there is a feeling of hapiness, bliss, physically and mentally that take over the meditator. There are many levels from there, but that's the basic one. Vision appears before that, as I mentioned above.

Good book on meditation (by psychologists) do explain a lot on the visions, maybe that's what you want to look for.

DrShaman

shaman: My last message didn't get posted right so I post it again:

I almost always get these closed eyes visuals when I meditate, and I get them when I focus also. For instance I get them on a mantra meditation when I concentrate on the mantra. But I understand what you mean, the visuals are not the point. I've had a lot of mystical experiences also. But what I need to develop now is visualisation.

I often see abstract shapes that are morphing into other shapes. Sometimes I see landscapes, people and creature also. I want to see more of this and less of the abstract stuff. I want the stuff I see to keep still, but often they change and morph into other stuff.

What I want to train is to learn to do more visualisation exercises, like these:

http://www.plotinus.com/exercise_psychology.htm

Although I often see closed eye visuals, I am not good at visualization yet. When I want to see something, I often see something else. So do you know any book that can be useful for learning this?

shaman

Well what it described on that site with the light house is actually (see my previous posting Feb 12) the state of full absorption. So it is complete meditation.

Please have look at a gook such as:

Meditation for dummies by Stephan Bodian (Bogian?) not so much for dummies actually. And check full absorption.

THe meditative mind by Daniel Goleman deals with that two.

These are two Dr. in psychology who travelled to the far east and have a long practice of meditation and meditation therapy. Please, have a look at these books if you can, I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Michael_E

quote:

I have already checked out "creative visualization" by shakti gowin, but it wasn't what I looked for. I am not interested in creative visualization. The point of this seems to be visualising what you want
with the purpose of making that visualization come true in the physical world. What I am interested in is to train visualization with the purpose of developing clairvoyance further, like seeing things behing closed eyes more clearly when I meditate. (Closed Eye Visuals) All the books on visualization seem to be on creative visualization. Isn't there any book that is not about creative visualization?

Bringing energy or chi or prana or ki to the third eye and crown will help you with what you want. Its good to keep it balanced as well by bringing excess chi to the navel or subnavel when your done with your energy work. A disciplined meditation system will allow what you want to happen naturally as a by-product of mental effort and chi cultivation.

heres a few links to get you started:

http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com

http://www.universal-tao.com/slide_show/wisdom_chi_kung/index.html
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

DrShaman

I am more familiar with the chakra system than with the three energy centers mentioned in the slideshow, but I understand what you mean.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_E

quote:

Bringing energy or chi or prana or ki to the third eye and crown will help you with what you want. Its good to keep it balanced as well by bringing excess chi to the navel or subnavel when your done with your energy work. A disciplined meditation system will allow what you want to happen naturally as a by-product of mental effort and chi cultivation.

heres a few links to get you started:

http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com

http://www.universal-tao.com/slide_show/wisdom_chi_kung/index.html

DrShaman