can you avoid destiny and change what was going to happen in your life

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool101

I know you and your gardian angels decide whats going to happen in this life time on the earthplane or physical plane but either way you will reach that destiny or reason you came on this plane for but can you change it for example if i was destined to save the earth for example  could i change it to find a cure for cancer for example

Karxx Gxx

I believe so because we are conscious and able to make decisions, whether for better or worse, of what we want. Also the theories on multiple universe implies there is no one set destiny.
Seems like a pointless existence to have something set for you. I think so anyways
Your way is The way

Xanth

Quote from: Cool101 on May 29, 2015, 15:42:09
I know you and your gardian angels decide whats going to happen in this life time on the earthplane or physical plane but either way you will reach that destiny or reason you came on this plane for but can you change it for example if i was destined to save the earth for example  could i change it to find a cure for cancer for example
You do?  Is this something you've read about?  Or something you've personally experienced?  There's a big difference between those two concepts.

My personal belief is that destiny doesn't exist.  You have free will to make decisions.  Part of the reason of being is learning to make decisions and then living with the consequences of that/those decision(s).
Say you have to drive somewhere... and you have two possible routes you could take.  Those two routes are as equal as they could be... distance, difficulty, etc...
Say you take one route, you end up at your destination and then return home shortly after, no issues.
What would have happened if you decided to take the other route?  Possibly nothing... maybe you got into a huge accident and killed someone... or maybe YOU died.  Who knows, right?

That's the free will of you making a decision and living (or possibly dying) by the consequences of that decision.

You could have a goal for yourself... and make decisions according to the desire of having that goal fulfilled.  But that's not destiny, that's still you making decisions which then affects the potential outcome.

Fourthdimension

I'm not quite sure Xanth but the question of free will vs destiny has been long contemplated in my head and now i have given up thinking about it.

However, I sometimes have premonitions in my dreams but they are very partial. Last time I dreamt that on my trip to Poland that I would loose contact with my wife and we would be distant, that i would be robbed and that i would be stuck there but i never really interpretted it correctly.

Because in the end i went to Poland and got drunk in a hotel, they threw me out and i got robbed and beat up and was hommeless there for 3 days. I had no contact with my wife because she was in Ukraine, as she had to leave early and my phone had been stolen.

I have had other such experiences.

If they are warnings or premonitions how can iit be changed if the action causing that chain of events can never be isolated and thus the consequences can't be prevented.

If the dreams were more "in context" maybe it could be changed but when i have these kind of dreams I feel like it was inevitable
Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

Xanth

Quote from: Fourthdimension on May 29, 2015, 16:24:30
I'm not quite sure Xanth but the question of free will vs destiny has been long contemplated in my head and now i have given up thinking about it.
Your head must be a complicated place then.  :)

It's a very straightforward concept, and I shared my perspective on it above.  Can't make it much more clear than I already have.  :)

Blue Glitter Neon

Here's my take on destiny. I call it the Life is not Groundhog Day hypothesis.

Destiny is simply the avenues of choice seemingly available to you at a certain point due to biological, spiritual and circumstantial conditions. Differently put, it's about restrictions in information.

Thus, what you are and have become probably couldn't turn out much else in any case. The upside of that is there is no real "guilt" either. In real terms, you never had an actual free choice, or at least very little of it to begin with.

That's what is properly ought to be meant by the word "destiny", or "fate". Problem is it gets jumbled up in metaphysical speculations about the world, such as is nature at its innermost core mechanically deterministic or does quantum uncertainty prove in-determination and free will etc. Fate in the life world sense of the above is not reliant on that.  

Clairity

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on June 02, 2015, 08:23:43
Destiny is simply the avenues of choice seemingly available to you at a certain point due to biological, spiritual and circumstantial conditions. Differently put, it's about restrictions in information.

This is what my guides say, that we don't actually have infinite choices here, that we can't actually do 'whatever we want', because our choices are limited by biology, spiritual heritage or baggage, and the avenues available due to previous choices. In a given situation, certain destinies are available, based on the circumstances. If we make a change - job, moving, etc - the destiny choices also change, and some of the previous destinies are unavailable.

Bluefirephoenix

I think we have choices I don't really believe in a hard fast destiny. We do decide what we want out of the experience when we come here but that's flexible and can change over the course of your existance. The goals we have are made while in spiritual and are related to spiritual values such as love and trust in a challenging setting.

I've seen people change their mind in spirit. My guide was one of them. The situation changed and a decision had to be made. It's as dynamic in spirit as it is in physical.

IsayWhaat

This question is a paradox.

(Roughly speaking) In order to avoid destiny, first you need to know what it is. Only then you can actually "dodge" the destiny. Let's say somehow, you learn what your destiny is. You decide to change it, but what if your destiny was to learn about your destiny and then dodge it? It goes in circle. Or what if your destiny is to have more destinies? Like, the fact we cannot predict what our destinies are, we are living them, because every choice you do will lead you to your, already said, destiny.

Every single time you have a choice it might feel like we have free will and freedom to do as we want, but we do not (as we will end up doing what destiny predicts).

Now, I personally don't believe in destinies (which is ironical, I know), but I also don't believe in accidents. Even if we can't see it, when talking about such things, coincidence does not exist. It doesn't mean everything happens for a reason or is meant to be, it just means that coincidence as such doesn't exist. However, this is solely my personal opinion and by no means I can give proof for given explanation. The only proof I have is in my head, because everytime I talk about it, I keep imagining mathematical numbers all around us. Literally everything that is around us (and what is not) can be put in mathematical equations that could seem random, but never are. That one blurry, bluish perspective keeps popping in my head from time to time. 

Coincidence could be related to destiny or not, either way, the question you asked screams paradox, well for me at least.

Kzaal

I've though a lot about destiny, and I concluded that it was non-existant in a single life.
I think the only destiny possible is the sum of all your reincarnation in order to become a spiritual being of light.
I think it's the only goal that god would really wish for and would hope so strongly, that you could not escape it.
The reason behind this is... We all know that God give you free will and that he could not force you to do something.
However, this would not affect your free will. A wish does not imply that you are forced to do so.
If it's god's wish to make us spiritual beings of light eventually we're all gonna end up there on our own free will...
(by giving us obstacles and making us understand the things he wants us to understand.)

So, basically you're free to do whatever you want, no destiny.
And this goes for all your lives. You could have billions of reincarnations because you end up doing bad things every time. But eventually you're gonna switch side.
However...
I also think that if you do something bad, like really bad and purposely... You know it deep inside. And I think there's a link somewhere between you, your spirit, and God.
And that every time you push your reincarnation cycles further (more reincarnations) God feels sad about it somehow and transmit you his feeling. So you too feel like you've done something wrong and that it's not good for your reincarnation cycle (subconsciously).
Not only that... After a while when you get so many reincarnation, the more you do bad stuff the longer it takes between reincarnations.
Some kind of purgatory (a standby mode for your spirit) in order to think about all what you did, until you finished looking at it, then you go back to your next body until you can remove all these bad habits and everything.
Your spirit knows it deep inside, but in single life?
No, I think anyone can achieve anything (realistic) as long as he works for it. Destiny has no effect on short term(individual lives).
Note here I said realistic because... let's face it, depending on your life situation and everything... You can't always win the lotto or be a billionaire unless you work hard for it. And if you somehow have disabilities or anything, it can affect what you will be capable of.
But that's another subject, reincarnation and long term karma which can take long to change.

I was also thinking that if god was there in the beginning and decided to split his/her/it's body into different part in order to form us... Maybe it split so many times that in the end there was nothing left. Except that instead of being just in one place he would be everywhere... Inside of us... So we'd get only fragments of what was the initial idea of why it split up, but that we still feel it when we are not on the right track? It might not even be close to that, and maybe he's just waiting up there for our final reincarnation... I have no idea...
Just one many theories...
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.