News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dark Zen

Previous topic - Next topic

I Am

Any one ever heard of it?  It is supposedly the mystic version of Zen, I guess like what Sufism is to Islam or Kabbalah is to Judaism.

Supposedly this is the underlying truths as taught by the Buddha himself.  

Here is the link: http://www.darkzen.org/

Check it out
Gnothi Seauton

apop

GRATE! THIS IS IT!

no_leaf_clover

I was expecting someone had taken Buddhism and given it some kind of Satanic spin or something, but that link is actually pretty nice.

Thanks for sharing!
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

I Am

Supposedly the site is about the rediscovery of an ancient art form of meditation that was supposedly use by Siddhartha Gautama himself.

This is supposedly the mystic side of Buddhism.

And you are welcome I am happy to share information.
Gnothi Seauton

apop

well, any meditation is in dark(ness), every wisdom is percepted in the silence of darkness, so what is so strange about? :D

*LightProtector*

i agree apop
" Be Brave, Live Brave, Play Brave!"

DiViNE

Great link you posted, I Am :)

Reading a bit of the FAQ as we speak, sounds like good stuff. [Bookmarked] ;)

And I agree that we should get rid of the conditioning that "darkness is bad". Seems more to me like darkness is part of the balance... and I feel that the main reason we fear darkness, is fear of the UNKNOWN (apart from religious and social conditioning of course).

I myself go out late at night alone on the trail (amongst trees and deep darkness) and learn to feel at ease with the darkness and surroundings. Mind you its not all that easy, at least not for me personally ;) On the trail when I am focused on being relaxed and calm, its alright... but at home sometimes, I tend to be jumpy if things pop out of nowhere, like instinctual-reaction... trying to get rid of that :P erm I mean AM getting rid of that :D (Do or do not, there is no try.)

Peace,
DiViNE

*LightProtector*

i do the same thing sometimes divine, no fear  :-)
" Be Brave, Live Brave, Play Brave!"

WalkerInTheWoods

I advise against Dark Zen. It has nothing to do with the "darkness" of it but because it plays to ego, which is NOT what Buddha taught.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

WalkerInTheWoods

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.