News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do we really choose our parents before birth?

Previous topic - Next topic

Telos

People think they suck at math because they weren't taught correctly. Don't worry, Nay, your teacher sucked - not you. Math at its core is an automatic, subconscious, self-evident joy. But we spend too much time in grade school all the way through high school drilling students on the same exact things over and over. It makes math boring, dull, and uninteresting.

As part of my curiosity in psychology, I volunteered for a full psychological checkup run by grad students. During the math section, I was frustrated at having to complete a long chart of kindergarten addition and eventually quadratic equations. Stuff that I had been endlessly drilled on and felt was redundant, reminding me of past frustration. During the whole test, I kept thinking, "what does this have to do with my psychological health?" Thinking it a waste of my time, I BS'ed it and skipped towards another part of the test, letting the test-giver know how I felt.

When it was over, I was officially diagnosed with mathematics disorder. I was told, given my high IQ level, I should've achieved a much higher score in math. Instead, I exhibited psychologically induced frustration, classifying me as mentally ill.

I don't think I had ever been more disappointed at both education and psychology. Together, they had let me down. Supposedly, something was wrong with me, and not them. Since then I've been learning quite a bit how psychology tries to cover the flaws in our educational system by diagnosing students with disorders.

Together, they let us all down.

[Edit: Oh yeah, I meant to relate this to the topic of the thread. Choosing our parents doesn't matter so much when combined with the effect schooling has on our upbringing. No matter what parents you choose in a given geographical area, the schools will be exactly the same - deficient, dull, didactic, and depressing. They'll stunt your abilities and dumb you down.]

Nay

Hi there Telos.. unfortunately school was not my first priority in life, surviving was.  

On the up side, I've been checking out my son's math books and HOLY FRIJOLES  :shock:  there is stuff in there I've never even heard of.   I have the time and desire to learn it now.  :D  Hey, who's to say a soon to be 38yr old woman couldn't still learn math.. :wink:  *still sucks though*
I understand the thing about being pigeon holed though...(with the test and all)  My four year old is being pigeoned as well.  He has grown up with just me, not a daycare.. so he seems to be slower, but he really isn't.  Just a matter of the 'clique' they seem to think he should be with.  This child can count to any number, forwards and backwards and kick ANY adults butt in Medal Of Honor game. (ok..maybe that isn't so cool to others, but it is really funny to watch. :lol: )

Telos

Nay, I'm sorry to hear that. The circumstances of your life must've been complex and challenging. But I also envy you. You probably learned many valuable lessons that children preoccupied with school would never have learned.

The most outspoken person of the educational system, I believe, is John Taylor Gatto. If you read him, I'm certain you won't feel bad that school was not your first priority in life, because it shouldn't be. Not the way it is now, and not the way it used to be.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/
http://www.spinninglobe.net/againstschool.htm
http://www.preservenet.com/theory/Gatto.html

Tyciol

ARG! How in bloody blazes did Jesus and Mary get into this? I hate them, if you want to talk about them, only do so in the forums labeled 'Christianity'. I wish they were banned...

Nay

Quote from: TelosNay, I'm sorry to hear that. The circumstances of your life must've been complex and challenging. But I also envy you. You probably learned many valuable lessons that children preoccupied with school would never have learned.

The most outspoken person of the educational system, I believe, is John Taylor Gatto. If you read him, I'm certain you won't feel bad that school was not your first priority in life, because it shouldn't be. Not the way it is now, and not the way it used to be.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/
http://www.spinninglobe.net/againstschool.htm
http://www.preservenet.com/theory/Gatto.html

Complex and challenging.... is to say the least, but don't envy me, I wouldn't wish most of my life on anyone.  But then again, I wouldn't change a thing, because it made me whom I am today and I'm pleased with how I came out.  :wink:

That second link was interesting, thanks!

Tyciol...did I miss something?

Dansk

Quote from: TyciolYour parents name you, so how could you have chosen it?

Well when my mom was still pregnant they read a list of names off and the one that I kicked on they named me. So I guess it could have just been a coincidence but it's still a neat idea.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

markulous

Quote from: TyciolARG! How in bloody blazes did Jesus and Mary get into this? I hate them, if you want to talk about them, only do so in the forums labeled 'Christianity'. I wish they were banned...

I don't understand...?  You hate Jesus?

SACOLUCCI

Hi, In continuation to this thread, I wanted to ask your take on miscarriage. My husband and I planned our second child and we got pregnant right away. I had attended an 8 week ultrasound, which confirmed fetus was doing perfectly. At 10 weeks I had a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage). I know personally, I did not feel a spiritual connection to the soul of this child, as I did with my daughter who is now 19 months. Interestingly, years before we conceived my daughter I purchased a picture of a mother and child. The child in that picture resembles my daughter almost freakishly. Did looking at that picture for years manifest the daughter I have today?

Crispyy

Hello everyone!

In regards to predetermined birth, I have read and heard many talk about this topic already in my life at 21 years old. I don't know everything about it yet, but most people I have talked to who are heavily involved into spirituality and self-realization say that we do in fact choose our next body to be placed into. Now, with this being said, I don't exactly know the process or order of law as to how we choose in the spirit realm as I have still been unsuccessful for one year attempting, but like someone said earlier, one theory is that we simply choose what looks best in regard to a fitting relationship. This means we have the choice of person. Some could argue that we don't pick and that we are instantly thrown into another body.

For me, I believe until we raise our levels of awareness and master the bodies "chakra levels" or energy levels and reach what is known as "Christ consciousness", we will keep reincarnating into other bodies here on Earth. Now this can get into another topic so I'll keep it simple.

Yes, I do think we choose our next body, but depending on our awareness from our previously life will determine how the next life plays out. This in my opinion is part of the "self realization process" even if involving multiple lives.

Thanks, everyone. -Crispyy

Sagar

My two cents on why spirits would pick parents that don't love them, or hookup with people they will divorce later, is that it's all about learning.  There's something you have to learn from the parent/child or couple relationship.
For the Love

Xanth

Quote from: Sagar on October 06, 2014, 22:16:48
My two cents on why spirits would pick parents that don't love them, or hookup with people they will divorce later, is that it's all about learning.  There's something you have to learn from the parent/child or couple relationship.
Right.

The lessons you learn here aren't always based on Love.

Hans

We always choose our parents yes, before we or our parents are born, we agree to become a family. However that does not
mean we always end up where we intended to. Negative forces will always try and redirect your incarnation to a catastrophic
place, sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't. For example I ended up with endlessly loving parents, while a friend of
mine ended up with a family of sorcerers that nearly destroyed her. She managed to escape though and fulfill her purpose, an
amazing feat.

There is no such thing as omnipotence or absolutes in the Universe, there is no single force capable of controlling everything
and making sure everything happens the way it's meant to happen. Sometimes love prevails, sometimes the darkness prevails.
Which party ends up where it wants to, depends on luck, ingenuity, and on how much energy they are able to bring to that
particular situation.

Whether our parents love us also depends on their own ability and situation, some people are just so wounded that they are
incapable of giving much love, but that doesn't mean we didn't choose those parents. We choose the people we have work
to do with, there are unhealed wounds or past-life situations that need to be resolved.

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: Hans on January 31, 2015, 15:52:36We choose the people we have work
to do with, there are unhealed wounds or past-life situations that need to be resolved.

Maybe, I just have a hard time stomach it. The problem is not that my life has been a negative experience, which mostly it has, it's that I haven't actually experienced or been able to do anything in it, so what's there to learn from it?

If anything, the only thing I ever "learned" was how to be instilled with fear, leading to indecision. Think of a crossroads with overwhelming threats whatever path you choose, leading you to do absolutely nothing, so you never even depart to try to reach where you were going. Or the reception room in a clinic, but without your number ever being announced. That's the story of my life.

Now, what's to learn from that? Absolutely nothing. It's a completely pointless existence. It's been a waste; a waiting room, nothing else.

That's why there has to be an Afterlife, cause that's the only way I could get out of here, and get back a life of my own.

mcdwg

Quote from: Blue Glitter Neon on May 31, 2015, 15:14:03
Maybe, I just have a hard time stomach it. The problem is not that my life has been a negative experience, which mostly it has, it's that I haven't actually experienced or been able to do anything in it, so what's there to learn from it?

If anything, the only thing I ever "learned" was how to be instilled with fear, leading to indecision. Think of a crossroads with overwhelming threats whatever path you choose, leading you to do absolutely nothing, so you never even depart to try to reach where you were going. Or the reception room in a clinic, but without your number ever being announced. That's the story of my life.

Now, what's to learn from that? Absolutely nothing. It's a completely pointless existence. It's been a waste; a waiting room, nothing else.

That's why there has to be an Afterlife, cause that's the only way I could get out of here, and get back a life of my own.

What if there's nothing to learn but just experience; you might ask experience what?  a non eventful life maybe?  In my opinion the true you, inner self or whatever you want to call it wants to experience all there is to experience, in human concepts the good the bad the exciting the dull love hate happiness misery and once you realize what your experience is just go to the next one by doing it now.  My two cents

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: mcdwg on June 01, 2015, 13:17:21

What if there's nothing to learn but just experience; you might ask experience what?  a non eventful life maybe?  In my opinion the true you, inner self or whatever you want to call it wants to experience all there is to experience, in human concepts the good the bad the exciting the dull love hate happiness misery and once you realize what your experience is just go to the next one by doing it now.  My two cents

Well, yeah. At least that's a coherent kind of reasoning on the matter.

kuurt

I know this is an old post, but I didn't see anybody mention astrology.  I think maybe we choose the right time (astrologically speaking) before we reincarnate.  It is very clear to me that there is something to astrology, and how the planetary energies effect our personalities.  When I read about my sign in astrology books it fits me perfectly, while the other signs do not.  It also seem to fit the people in my family pretty well.  I have also tried to guess a couple of people's sun signs and have been correct.  It wasn't luck, but educated guesses based upon what I have read about knew about those signs. 

So I believe we pick the right time (astrologically speaking) to incarnate based upon our plans for that life.  For example, they say Capricorns are natural born leaders - maybe we choose such a sign and time to incarnate when we want to experience such a role.  I have worked with a couple of Capricorns in the past, and while they weren't managers or in positions of leadership, their natural ability to lead was still very evident.  They just seem to want to take control of situations and tell other people what to do.  Not in a domineering way or anything.  The Capricorns that I've known were good people, I didn't see them as being bossy, they just naturally take the lead to get a job done.  Nothing wrong with that.  My nephew is just a kid and he's a Capricorn.  Interestingly, I have noticed that he likes to play and pretend that he is in charge.  :)  He also likes to watch shows on tv where somebody else is playing the role of being in charge. 

So maybe once we've narrowed down the right time (astrologically speaking) to reincarnate, based upon our plans for that life, then we choose between the parents that are pregnant at that time, weighing the pros and cons before deciding upon one. 

I have read a few books about hypnotic regressions to life-between-lives.  And from what I've read, it sounds like the soul doesn't join with the body until later on in the pregnancy.  Sometimes not until the baby is about to be born. 

Xanth

I don't believe in astrology.  I don't believe that anything physical happening at the time of your birth can affect HOW you grow up.

Hawkadium

As far as I have been told, you aren't given a physical body until the moment of birth.  So abortions are just the clearing of physical matter, nothing spiritual. As for being setup with "dirty" parents, that's only a quarter of your life (for most beings) so it's not a big factor when deciding your life experiences.  There are also people who are drawn to that type of behavior and treatment as like attracts like.  People could also be placed based on karmaic responsibilities.

Dragonlight

Quote from: Tyciol on December 24, 2004, 14:16:23
No, they don't, that's a load of bull. Personal opinion I suppose, but I can't see why anyone would pick parents who don't love them, will abuse them, leave them, ignore them, brainwash them, and all the things many parents do to children.

What does you vouching for it do? How about some reasoning?

Because of the experience and growth it brings?

needer

We choose our biological vehicle before birth not out parents. therefore that biological vehicle might be built in laboratory.

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: Hawkadium on November 09, 2015, 16:17:15
As far as I have been told, you aren't given a physical body until the moment of birth.  So abortions are just the clearing of physical matter, nothing spiritual.

An unborn baby is living physical matter, so I don't believe this at all. It's like saying a dog or a lamprey is just a robot and only human beings have souls. Considered the seamless organics of 3.8 billion years of biological evolution that's clearly not the case.

QuoteAs for being setup with "dirty" parents, that's only a quarter of your life (for most beings) so it's not a big factor when deciding your life experiences.  There are also people who are drawn to that type of behavior and treatment as like attracts like.  People could also be placed based on karmaic responsibilities.

Well, I'm 46 and still stuck with my family. Old parents who need being cared for and siblings I can't stand. I will never be free in this life. A chunk of me inside is still like a teenager cause I was never able to accomplish or experience what others take for granted.

Seems like I was a pretty bad guy in my last incarnation or something to suffer this. But I still doubt it's cosmic justice being handed out. Reason is, I came into this world as a reasonably advanced spirit and this life has mainly had a detrimental effect on my status. I'm not advancing, I'm de-evolving, or that's what it feels like anyway.

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: needer on May 16, 2016, 12:38:33
We choose our biological vehicle before birth not out parents.

If that's true, I can't believe what an idiot I was. :wink:

Blue Glitter Neon

Quote from: Crispyy on October 06, 2014, 08:24:45In regards to predetermined birth, I have read and heard many talk about this topic already in my life at 21 years old. I don't know everything about it yet, but most people I have talked to who are heavily involved into spirituality and self-realization say that we do in fact choose our next body to be placed into.

They only say that cause "self improvement" people are people full of energetic momentum, and they generally look good enough to take matters into their own hands and "realize" themselves without being laughed off the table. They have never experienced existential quagmire, the realization that nothing you do can get you unstuck or that everything moves in slow-motion due to catastrophic energy deficits.

Of course they believe everything is a "personal choice" and up to you. Like starving to death in Africa. Dumbasses.