News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Earth-Life System Population Control?

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

I was just thinking about population and how overpopulated the Earth is (becoming).

Do we (in spirit form, not human yet) realize how overpopulated the Earth is before we come here?
And if we know... why do we still do it?  O_o

What are your thoughts?

interception

... well, I don't think the Earth is overpopulated. I dont think there are too many people per se. The problem lies in the production/distribution of resources and also in how we handle the pollution and waste we produce.

There is plenty of water, we are just busy polluting large quantities of it. That's Bad.

There is plenty of food, it is just not being distributed efficiently.  Blame greed and scarcity economics.

The earth is not really overpopulated in a pure numbers sense of the word. There is plenty of room. Humanity as a whole is just too stupid/greedy/lazy to do things in a more efficient way.

:evil:

To answer your question, we must be coming here repeatedly, O_o.... because there are certain experiences to be had here on earth that cant be had elsewhere I guess.  :roll:

kurtykurt42

I think pretty soon we will have the technology to go to other worlds. I'm curious to know what percentage would leave this planet if they were given the choice.

zareste

Pfft, well there beings everywhere with the technology, but as we both know, it's being kept away from people. I think the masses will be grounded here until they decide the deceivers are no longer welcome

kurtykurt42

I believe that this next decade will introduce many new changes in technology and in our spiritual understanding of ourselves and the universe. I have been studying the propulsion units for electrogravitic systems and the technology is very closely related to interdimensional travel (i.e. astral projection technology). Except you need a saucer shaped piece of metal to sit in, so the gravity and atmospheric conditions of a planet wont harm your physical body.

As for the overpopulation of earth... I agree that unless something is done soon it will not be pretty.

Seeking ET

The Georgia Guidestones show us that there are wealthy groups of secretive individuals who believe that the world can support life equally with about 500,000 to one million people.  Of course we're far past that mark.  But they may be trying to achieve this.  Chem trails have become a real problem in America, mostly because Americans don't pay attention to them.  Studies have been done on rain and snow after chem trail spraying that revealed fibrous metals and numerous carcinogens.  The Obama Administrations official story is that they are trying to reflect back some of the sun UV's to slow global warming.  However in their attempt to "stop global warming" (i think it's a farce), they are also poisoning the masses with chemicals that most people are completely unaware of.  Now we have H1N1 re-dispursed suddenly and millions are being made trying to keep Americans healthy... as they are poisoned.  The ploy for population control, and getting rich in the process, might already be WELL underway.

Stillwater

QuoteTo answer your question, we must be coming here repeatedly, O_o.... because there are certain experiences to be had here on earth that cant be had elsewhere I guess.

I agree. I think something alongs these lines may be true.

How did your account get deleted, by the way, Interception?
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

zareste

I think population control has always been in action, if not from humans then from off-world predators as ancient writings record.

From the killer's point of view, they're creating a new world through exclusion. One can control the way society thinks and functions by eliminating people who don't function the way they want.  For example, if 30% of the population approves of your agenda, but 70% disapproves, you can kill half the people who disapprove, and now suddenly you have an approval rating of 65%, and you didn't have to convince anyone.
Society is now leaning in your favor, being open to your authority, disliking your enemies more.

If 90% of the population thinks the world is round, you can kill that 90% and suddenly the entire population thinks the world is flat.

The great thing is, nobody has to know your agenda - they don't even have to know you exist. That's why interstellar organizations do things this way. They watch primitive civilizations, and if the civilization begins to behave in a way the organization dislikes, they induce a flood or a volcano in places where a high concentration of people thinks that way, and now that society is leaning in their favor.

Anyway anyway, my take on the population: People are simply breeding in malevolent ways, spreading bad genes, leading to massive disorder and disease. I actually think humanity can get out of this rut by paying attention to who is breeding, when, and whether we have the resources to accompany more people

mo

OMG zareste, you're an eugenic? i dont believe there is such thing as "bad genes". we are beings that harmonize in togetherness, but are on a path of againstness. eugenics is an extreme example of this path, if you ask me.

so what are you criteria of who is allowed (or let's say "encouraged") to breed?

zareste

I guess 'bad' could mean anything. To disambiguate: I say 'bad' as in decrepit, wasteful, and abominable in respect to the species that's being created out of a once-respectable humanity. Your view of what's bad may be different.

You fear gene control because you're already controlling your genes, and doing a terrible job of it. You're perfectly aware of how your kids will turn out and the impact your breeding habits will have on future generations. So when you hear about a change in this system, you imagine it somehow getting worse than what you've already created, and that understandably scares the hell out of you

mo

Quote from: zareste on January 04, 2010, 19:24:14
I guess 'bad' could mean anything. To disambiguate: I say 'bad' as in decrepit, wasteful, and abominable in respect to the species that's being created out of a once-respectable humanity. Your view of what's bad may be different.

You fear gene control because you're already controlling your genes, and doing a terrible job of it. You're perfectly aware of how your kids will turn out and the impact your breeding habits will have on future generations. So when you hear about a change in this system, you imagine it somehow getting worse than what you've already created, and that understandably scares the hell out of you
you have the basic assumption that it's the genes that carry bad traits, which you still didn't depict in any detail. i don't know what you mean by "decrepit, wasteful, and abominable". i'm saying that it's not the genes, but a combination of environment, society, culture, parents etc etc...

you say we can solve certain problems by controlling genes. i say we have to wake up to a healthy lifestyle. i seriously believe that everyone carries infinite enlightened wisdom inside and that we're only deluded by our lifestyles, NOT OUR GENES. we need to get back to harmony. what are the odds of creating harmony with eugenics? to me, eugenics is disharmony by definition. it is an extreme manifestation of againstness. it won't create the enlightened society i'm dreaming of. but everyone's dreams are different, it seems :)

will people have to earn the right to breed or will they have to behave in the right ways in order to not have it taken away from them? or will scientists watch people's behaviour and decide who is allowed to and who not? will you still be able to choose your partner freely? will you be sterilised when you belong to the unworthy? if not, what will happen to you if you still breed?

ye, something in this scares the hell ouf of me. i just can't put my finger on it... probably a basic instinct that doesn't want to have the right to breed taken away. absolutely understandable.

Stillwater

I think there are sufficient resources to care for the people who are currently here, but not in the manner that we have been doing- not as a primarily industrial society, and not with the current distribution of people in sprawling cities and uninhabited rural districts.

If we want to succeed, we need to focus on centralized, but moderately sized and evenly distributed townships, with an emphasis on localized production and agriculture.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for a few billions to be reduced in the coming centuries, though.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

zareste

Quoteyou say we can solve certain problems by controlling genes.
I'll only repeat this one time, and if you still don't get it, I'll just stop arguing and make fun of you. You're already controlling genes and there's nothing you can do to prevent that because you're aware of what your breeding habits create, and right now it is an abomination. To harmonize under abominable behavior means more people will suffer until the problematic genes are wiped out.

And it doesn't concern me whether you want to change these habits. I'm just saying that people who act like animals will be treated like them

mo

well, i said "controlling our genes" as in "having them controlled by 3rd party". i thought this was obvious. now that this is cleared up, could you please talk to me like i was a human, not an animal or retarded? otherwise i'll make fun of you :roll:

QuoteTo harmonize under abominable behavior means more people will suffer until the problematic genes are wiped out.
true, this is your assumption. and i can only repeat myself: it's not in the genes. it's in the environment. and by creating an environment in disharmony you will only reinforce disharmony. againstness will be answered with againstness. you cannot wipe againstness out, because it's not in the genes, it's in YOUR IDEAS. you are the reinforcer and source of disharmony in your plan. people will soon understand that it's your society structures that have to be wiped out.

will people have to earn the right to breed or will they have to behave in the right ways in order to not have it taken away from them? or will scientists watch people's behaviour and decide who is allowed to and who not? will you still be able to choose your partner freely? will you be sterilised when you belong to the unworthy? if not, what will happen to you if you still breed?

or are these questions still unanswered in your plan? or are these question not worth answering??

zareste

Population control is a pretty common method because it's more efficient than trying to reason with a dumb animal. For comparison: If an infestation of roaches gets into your house, you don't sit down and try to reason with them. You get out the bug spray and wipe them out.

mo

we're freaking silly for arguing. nevermind...

Xanth

Quote from: zareste on January 05, 2010, 23:46:00
Population control is a pretty common method because it's more efficient than trying to reason with a dumb animal. For comparison: If an infestation of roaches gets into your house, you don't sit down and try to reason with them. You get out the bug spray and wipe them out.
That's what we need!
Human-spray!  :D

Xanth

Doh!  Being in Canada I can't watch that link... which episode was that?  LoL

Stookie

Cartman is spraying an old lady's house for a hippie infestation. :)

NoY

The planet only has 10 years of food left and nowdays we are keeping alive millions who would have died without medical care
i think without a masive cull in the populace we will all be screwed

:NoY:

Xanth

Quote from: NoY on January 31, 2010, 12:35:50
The planet only has 10 years of food left and nowdays we are keeping alive millions who would have died without medical care
i think without a masive cull in the populace we will all be screwed

:NoY:
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.  ;)

Enix

I feel the same way about whats happening, Its a bit crazy the way life's changed within the past 100-200 years? In one way I'm grateful for the experience for the fact that its a rare experience and one I probably won't be having again. But If I had a say in it or could reverse time I certainly wouldn't prefer it. No experience to me is worth the amount of damage caused to our earth and especially extinction of animal species. Dramatic changes almost have to be done to turn Humanities addictions and ignorance in another direction. I think its still at the point where we could save ourselves through discoveries or evidence that cant be disputed following funding and work towards more positive changes. Even If we made many positive changes and weren't as wasteful. In my opinion the earth would still be over populated though.

What happens to the spirit of an extinct animal by the way?

Xanth

My plan last night was to make a nice Potato Soup (it's yum, btw :)).
Anyways, I went to the store last night to find some Celery... I had to go to THREE grocery stores in the area just to find some.
The first two were out...

I got to thinking about what it'll be like when food becomes a little more scarce.
The system will correct itself... but there will be billions of unhappy people when that happens.

AstralNo0B

Zareste,

What are you doing on this forum?  You obviously don't agree with the way we think, and your primary objective here seems to be to try and prove us wrong while constantly suggesting we're stupid if we don't.  I read somewhere else that you're here because there seem to be a few 'reliable physicists' that you want to contact (?), and the more I read your posts, that's not your objective at all.

Go do something useful with your time.  We don't want your karma here.   :evil: