News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ego

Previous topic - Next topic

daem0n

(In order to bring more clarity to the channel in the written word, it has been changed a bit during transcription. Thoth is very deliberate in his messages and therefore many "hmmm"s and other pauses have been diminished. Please do take what resonates with you and leave the rest.)

The Third Servant / October 16th 2004

Welcome everybody to this third meeting of "Monthly Channellings with Thoth". That would be me (chuckle). Today we are going to talk about an issue that many spiritual friends try to avoid. Now you might think about what that could be, since it would be appropriate to consider all things when being on the spiritual path.

The issue of what you refer to as ego is an issue that many spiritual people have a tendency to either repress or just ignore. Many human beings even think that the ego is something that we should get rid of. In many spiritual traditions the ego was seen as some kind of false God. Something that was standing between the person and the God they believed in. For some reason it has, for eons of time, for some reason, the human always had to have an enemy. And it seems that in religious matters and in spiritual matters that the ego became the devil, and the enemy of reaching spiritual knowledge and of joining with God again.

The ego in itself is very much just like a tool in this reality, this reality where duality is common. A tool to be able to be in a process of separation. Hmmm. As with your bodies. Your body is also a tool you have with you, that creates some kind of separation. But these are just tools, they are not something just standing in your way.

Actually they are quite necessary for the process.

You see, what happened, when you decided at one time, and all of us decided at one time, not only us in this room, but every human being and soul on the other side of the veil, we decided that we would create this place of duality. We decided that we wished to move some energies 'cause all the energies were stuck. And the energies were not in a position of any kind of resolution.

So this is why we created this universe and this planet. And we decided that we would bring a body with us. A body that would give us the opportunity to experience everything on a scale from bad to good, you could call it. And from our side of the veil, there is actually no judgment in either thing, because they are all just a preset stage for experiences that each of us chose to have, and coming here so we can experience allot with the body, nice things and things we do not like. The ego gives us the possibility to experience separation and that is the first issue that we will meet. That is separation from others. But it is also a tool that we have where the personality can be created when coming into this reality. Without a personality here, without what you would call an I, you would be quite lost. You would have absolutely no sense of what was going on and you would not be able to, how to put this, you would not be able to distinguish energies and different experiences that you would encounter here.

You would not be in a position where you could judge anything, which can also be very good, but also not so good.

You would also not be in a position to choose anything, because to choose you have to , and you really have to, be in a position where you know of duality and of opposites. And this is what the ego is providing. So it is a tool for all of us and not to be discarded or pressed down into the unknown.

The ego is the one subject that has made it very difficult for many human beings to come to a point where they could actually like and maybe even love themselves.  Love of self is very important when you are walking the path of a spiritual being.

If you are condemning or judging parts of yourself you are still in a position where you could become more whole. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with that , it is all a natural process, but it is information that you can use on your path so that you might choose instead of subconsciously just doing whatever you have been doing all the time, cause that is not choosing, that is just reacting. To become a master of life it is very important to learn the tools of choosing, because when you can choose you will start to create, and when you create you become a master of your reality.

And you are all capable of this. There is no one walking this planet not capable of it. It is all a matter of choice.

Here we will address the matter of free will. Free will is a kind of strange subject, because all of you deep down in your heart truly know of free will. But you see the ego does not know of free will. Because the ego is in an undeveloped state - a reaction to your past. So the free will does not exist in the reality of an ego that is not loved by you.

Many people in the societies that are democratic have started to learn about free will. It is still within limits because there are still many regulations and rules about what you may or may not do, but you are starting to grasp the concept of free will. But free will is much more than you will meet in the democratic societies on this planet.

Free will is not only something you can use if you want to choose an education or which job you would like to have or which boyfriend you want and won't have, or which gender. Free will is something that emanates from the inside. It is the understanding that everything you will ever experience, and everything you ever have experienced you have been choosing, and you have been choosing by free will. You might not be aware of it at this point but we know from the other side of the veil that you with an interaction of your soul and with your soul, you have been choosing freely to encounter the things you have been experiencing in your life. They ALL have a purpose. All the experiences you have ever encountered in your life.

The simplest way to put a purpose to the experiences you have is that energies always will seek some kind of resolution. So energies are always trying to get into balance if something is out of balance. You will draw experiences to you where you have the opportunity to resolve it. It is not always that you do so. That is appropriate. You will always get a second chance, also when it does not feel good (chuckle).

But to deepen the process inside yourself, to get in contact with the free will, will actually help you accept more of the ego that you are carrying around with you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your ego, as I said earlier, it is a tool, but it is a tool, with time, that you can choose how to use. It will take some practice. It will take some insights. But it is definitely not the devil and it is not to be shunned away.

As little as you could exist without your soul , as little you can exist here without an ego. You would dissolve. That is not the purpose here. Why come to this planet only to dissolve? There is no point in that. Then you could have stayed on the other side, you were dissolved of ego there.

So the trick here is, to put it simply, when you encounter parts of yourself, of your Self, of your I, which you do not like very much, remember: You have chosen this! You can make another choice! But the choice is a very important part. Remember to love this part of yourself that you just saw, because it is the opposite of something that you could not know of if you did not experience it. When you accept yourself, and love yourself for who you are, everything will automatically come into resolution. It is a very beautiful process. Hmmm.

It is a step. It is a step on the way. It is not possible to skip it, although many people would like that (chuckle), because it is not always nice. If one chooses so. But it is like with the chakras, you start at the root, then to the hara and then to the solar plexus. Ego is very often connected with the solar plexus. It is not only connected to the solar plexus, but as human beings, and the system that you know of, you have put the ego there. But when you see it as a step, it is a very important step before you can reach your heart and move further. There is never one step that is not important.

There is never one step that you should actually jump over. It is not a chase, it is not a horse race: who can get from point A to B fastest. Although some are faster than others. But that is not the point. The point is the road you are on. It is the moment you are in that is important. It is really not that important where you would be in three months, because everything that is in the future emanates from the Now that you are in. So the choices you are making Now are influencing the future and this is to the core of your being. It is not only on the outside, which is very important to remember, the outside is just a reflection of your inside. Most important is your inside, so your choices inside, they are the one creating your future.

So here I will address the issue of discernment. Of how you know for yourself. What is right and what is wrong for you at this moment. Because you see from the other side of the veil there is nothing right and nothing wrong in whatever you choose, but for you it could sometimes be important to choose the wrong thing instead of what you would consider to be the right thing. Many of the judgments that we put on what we encounter is from the head. And the head really does not know that much (chuckle). Let me tell you, the ego knows actually a bit more and your heart knows even more.

So if you start only to choose form the mind this could be a choice that is layered with information that you have gathered in this lifetime from either the school or the system you live in, or from your parents. So, they are not choices that YOU make. Hmmm.  When you encounter situations in your life and you are not sure what to do, where to go, try to get out of your head. Try to go inside and feel what would be good. And sometimes you will discover that you might choose something which your head says: " this is not good. This is the wrong decision" Well, but maybe there is so much wisdom for you to gather from what your mind would call " a wrong experience".

Sometimes it is also important for the ego to have experiences with it, for later, because you can really gain a lot of wisdom also from the ego. Hmmm

One moment please. (Pause)

So. On your path, we truly wish to address the point of discernment. We truly wish for you to know that all information you ever could need in your lifetime is within you. Even all the stuff I am talking about. Everything, all information ever gathered in this whole universe and even on the other side of the veil, is all inside of you. With time, you will all learn to get access to all this information. You are all capable of healing, of being clairvoyant, or of channelling. You are all able to access this information. They are a part of the spiritual path. They are all a natural part of the spiritual path. It is all very natural. It is really not that important. The importance of it is that you come to a place where you can, yourself, get the information from the inside. It is not important to be a medium, and it is really not important to be a clairvoyant or a healer. There is no one outside of you that is more important than you are. That sounds very ego like ( chuckle), but this is actually the truth (chuckle).

Love. Loving yourself is what will move you wherever you wish to go. This includes also loving the ego and everything around you. And with that we would like to take a break or rather the medium would (chuckle). So, until then...
Search for the cause of self, in self
To find everything and nothing

karnautrahl

Well I don't get with the channelling thing personally :-). But this information itself reads well and echoes something I've said about the ego once or twice to people. Here however the information is more complete.
So regardless of source, I thank you daem0n for posting it.
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

CaCoDeMoN

Thanks for posting this. I don't know if it's true, but it is much better approach from the buddhist-like "destroying the ego".
MEAT=MURDER.

Mister Anjilek

Resonates alot of how I feel lately.

I actually think the Buddhist view of destroying the ego loses interpretation between cultures. I like to think of the ego as kind of spiritual meter. As I recognize more and more of who I am and what lessons I am needing to learn, the ego seems to become less. I feel more in touch with the energies/spiritual forces/ collective consciousness. The ego is the place where I feel all negative emotions rise from, and so as I learn more, the negative emotions are unlearned. I am sure that in the same way, positive emotions could be unlearned, but I haven't found a good reason to do that :)

I do kind of agree, although I had never thought about it before, that if you were to completely lose the ego, something would have to happen. A total removal of self would have to involve some sort of end to the attachment of the physical body it would seem.

Good read. Thanks.

daem0n

notice that the most powerful, influential spiritual people had BIG egos
the difference is that they were plugged in into their soul, and this is what all of this is about
Search for the cause of self, in self
To find everything and nothing

CaCoDeMoN

notice that the most powerful, influential spiritual people had BIG egos
the difference is that they were plugged in into their soul, and this is what all of this is about

Oazaki?  :wink:
MEAT=MURDER.

Mystic Cloud

Ego is one of the words of confusion for most. It is widely used in
different circumstances meaning different things. A new better word
should be 'invented' to discern the illusional-ego from the true ego.

The way I atleast have understood the Buddhistic texts about eliminating
ego is that one should only observe which are outer influences and
which are inner influences. The outer influences are very often
illusional egos that have little spiritual benefit for oneself until discovered. They are only subconscious programs that take up energy when Master Consciousness acts on it.

Then there are the 'true' egos that are part of your own being or soul.
This is just the physical manifestation of your being related to how your
brain works. One might think that for everything you experience/sense, an ego imprint of it is created. This ego imprint is one of the keys to
our own physical memory. It's like a form that identifies a specific thing.

One way to noticing the psychic abilities everyone has is to discern
difference between what the egos of your own mind are (thoughts that use words etc.) and consciousness itself. Once you get the feel for the chattering and how the chatter feels you may step outside this and make true contact. Stimulating the brow centre will help achieve this and
personally I recommend it. Meditation with pure obseravation will
also help much.
If we compare us to infinitely small,
that will make us infinitely big,
but if we compare
ourselves to infinitely
big, it will make us infinitely small.
What is our size again?

Eternal_Soulmate

:)  Thanks!

Now I'll feel better every time my girlfriend says to me "Your Ego is so big u can step on it" ... I know it sounds weird but it is an spanish expression ... they usually use it in arguments!
Seems like having ego is still seen as a bad thing in this mordern age... though I feel proud having one!  The important thing is not having a fake one...

The human mind is very complex...
We allways have choice...