News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ego Loss and Insanity

Previous topic - Next topic

beav31is

insanity is fun, especially when what you "insanely" see is real.

silentjohn

i know how you feel! im there now ;\

bomohwkl

loneliness of this consciousness was unbearable???
That's why the GREAT SPIRIT creates us!

beav31is

silentjohn, I doubt you'd be posting here if the same thing was happening to you now.

Fat_Turkey

Ego is not always a bad thing as some people think it is. It is important to keep us from going absolutely insane and having ourselves dissolve into nothingness and fear. Ego is important to keeping us in tact and on track, but of course when it gets out of hand we destroy relationships with others. Ego is a very easily damaged thing, and at this point...I have no idea what I'm talking about [B)].

Later
-FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Metal Ice

well said, Fat Turkey

How's your girlfriend doing ?

beav31is

fat_turkey "Ego is important to keeping us in tact and on track"

Tact sucks. You can be on track but have no idea where the train is going. Doesnt sound useful either.

bomohwkl

Don't lose your ego, if not u will get crazy. Ego is the one which defines us.However, most people associate ego with bad things. It isnt true.
"
Examine the SELF.
Study the Ego.
Bring it up
Show it the beauty of intellect.
Show it the Potential.
Convience it to develop
Show it all choices
Teach it to choose consciously
Convience it that your intellect make all the difference
Then teach it to CHOOSE LOVE
"
This is by Tom in his book on wwww.thefreedomofchoice.com

Person

This reminds me of a friend who took a little too much drugs.
His mind was enlightened to the fact that this world is an illusion.  It's also HIS illusion, and he came to the belief that most likely, no one else is real but him.  Emotionally, he wasn't ready for such thoughts.  He interpreted this as feeling alone in the universe, and felt justified in lying to others and hurting them, since they and their reactions aren't real anyway.  He didn't go too far with it or anything, but it made him depressed.  
Looking back, I should have told him that others are a part of him, and by hurting them he hurts himself more n more.  Had he taken a more natural path, perhaps his emotions would have cought up and he'd feel increasingly content and whole as he gained such knowledge.
Not the same I know, but maybe the story could help in some way.
-Person

bomohwkl

Person,
you called your little who has taken little too much drugs enlignted. His perception (and even interpretation) he has after taken drugs are certainly distorted. How can having a distorted perception of reality called enlightened?

beav31is

its no more distorted than a normal perception

KP

quote:
Don't lose your ego, if not u will get crazy. Ego is the one which defines us.However, most people associate ego with bad things. It isnt true.

Ah, an ego expert.

How do you know you will go crazy when the ego dies?  How long will this craziness last?  Surely not forver?  What happens after the craziness?

Can you expect to reach enlightenment without letting the ego die?  Is that possible?

bomohwkl

This forum (the title) seems to suggest that when one's loss his ego completely, one's will get insane. Do you wonder HOW DIFFICULT and HOW PAINFUL and HOW UNBERARBLE when one's loss its ego( to some degree of insanity.) Did Buddha after reaching enligtenment get insane? Certainly no!Buddha NEVER EVER ask someone to loss its ego. He educated people how to EDUCATE the ego with Knowledge and understanding! Check up the sayings of Buddha!
I think mind altering drug is dangerous as it will not allow PROPER observation of the reality and besides, so much scientific evidence that it will damage your brain and make u stupid. Certainly Buddha was INTELLIGENT and if not he wouldn't come into his CONCLUSIONS of his observation (enligtened)after much figuring out!

sahlyn

I agree with bomohwkl. Ego simply refers to "self", the "I" of any person, and in itself bears no negative meaning. It's only in the words: egoistic, egotistic, egocentric, egomaniac ect where negativity comes in.

Without ego you are nothing, and you are everything (finaly I get to use my sig to explain something[:)]). You would no longer exist as an individual. I guess you could say, you would be one with god. I've  heard this refered to as the "mystic death", the ultimate stage in evolution where one goes from being a god form (highest stage where individuality still exists) to becoming god (the ultimate "all").  

As individuals functioning in the world, this kind of thinking (losing ones ego) seems pointless and futile; for most it would be an impossible task (insanity would only result).

Do not destroy ego, instead perfect it.

Anyone truely ready to sacrifice individuality and become one with god would have to be an extremely advanced and enlightened spiritual being, and would surely know within themself if the choice was right for them.

Just my humble opinion[:)]

waterflow

hey there, just registered, hows it goin all? I did a few too many drugs once, a little while after i had begun meditating.i ended up in hospital until i straightened my head out. I wouldnt suggest lossing your image, or perception of who you are and your individuality. I think i did and at the time i thought it was everything, but i regret it all now. Why forget yourself anyway? the worlds a fun place, just enjoy it!!!

mkc414

Hello,

I havent really visited much recently... its been a few years ;p

I am just going to throw this out. At one point in my life, in the aftermath of a very long and difficult period of challenges, the most fundamental of my beliefs and assumptions about myself and reality were disolved. For a time, what I normally thought of as "I" was ruptured, made nonexistent, made infinite in an incomprehensilbe way. Emphasis on incomprehensible, this was also insanity (how could it not be?) and incredible fear.  

In time, this left me, or I left it. I imagine the perspective of my consciousness was from the highest peak of a mountain, and I could see the patterns of the world from above, how the apparent divisions of things were part of a whole. I think it may have been that the loneliness of this consciousness was unbearable, I suppose I was not ready to stay.