News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Spiritual Path

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEarthJacket

Hello, All

How do you define spirituality?

Can the simply development of the energy body alone spark a spiritual realization or is there something more? Something internal that one must work out within their own psyche?

Do you believe that astral projection is a reliable tool in the spiritual endeavor?

Thank you for your time.

bloodsong

I define spirituality as the faithful search for God (however you tend to view that concept) outside the confines of religion, doctrine, or dogma.

The development of the energy body, in my opinion, serves to let one know that one is more than the crude physical matter, a part of God.  What one must work out, is how to use that form to gain a greater intelligence of God.

AP is not only a reliable tool in the spiritual quest I am on, but almost can it be considered a necessity!  Without projecting, either inwards or outwards, the path to learning the reality in one self that one must tread to gain tools to walk the outward path would be next to impossible.

gdo

In discussing Spirituality, it might be stated that the idea is that the so called material world has its beginning in a spiritual concept.  So it might well be that spirituality is a path of discovery of our beginning and its cause or also it is a path of returning to the source of all manifestations.

Some people hold that what is 'spiritual' is on another plane of reality, some hold that it is merely a finer and for the most part invisible to most people perception of reality.  Supra-natural in one case and super-natural in another.

The term 'spirit', I believe, has its roots in the concept of breath or breathing.  It is a power that has an ingoing and outgoing fluctuation, that imbues life and consciousness.  I think many people confuse the terms of 'soul' and 'spirit'.  

Spirituality does not in itself belong to any one religion or faith.  In fact many 'faiths' do not condone some forms of spirituality.

Spirituality can mean and involve something as simple as eating a meal or be as involved as the unwritten Cabala.  

It is a big topic!

BlueEarthJacket

Thank you both for your replies. I am grateful.

I have another question that now puzzles me. This kundalini, this fiery serpent that is said to sleep within the coccyx bone region; Is it an outcome of the energy work or is it a product of spiritual work?  

For more clarification on my question: Is it a special vital body organ, similar to adrenaline in the physical, or is it something more which is not defined as "body"?

Thank you for your time.

gdo

If for a moment we can imagine that the 7 chakras are types of bodies that you posess.  All 7 work together to manifest YOU.  

YOU are a combination of forces and your self conciousness is one facet of all of these forces.   All matter, we know, is made up of captured energy.  Just as your physical body is, so are the more subtle forms such as your chakras.  We call them 'chakras' but they are universal forces.  
The term 'kundalini' is from the eastern schools of practical spiritual work.  Kundalini is also the dragon in some european traditions and is very probably the serpent in the biblical texts the is also Eves tempter.

Some paintings of Mary show her with her foot on a serpent.  This is rather symbolic as the work to control and use the serpent power is accomplished by certain practices in which a person with a highly developed subconcious mind changes the physical body in such a way that the power is able to channel through the chakras and raise our personal conciousness to a different level.  In may type of older art work the subconciousness is symbolised by a female while the concious mind is symbolised by a  male figure.    A good example of this is also the Tarot.

There are other symbolisms that are important but time and space here are limited and there are certain disciplines and practices that take time to learn and develop.   Power is a two edged sword.  It can harm the person who wields it unwisely and history is full of persons of this type.

A seed grow into a tree and then gives fruit.  But you cannot make wine from the seed or the tree but you can from the fruit and then the fruit has to be at a certain ripeness to be just right to eat or to cook with.  Same with us.  We, each of us, are not all ripe at the same time or the same way to be able to use the kundalini or serpent power.    We do use it all the time but not in its pure undiluted concentrated form.  

You have alot of questions and that is good.  Keep asking them.  If you are new to these kinds of topics take your time to read and study everything you can find on the topics before attempting to control these potent forces.  Your physical body must be healthy and strong and your mental and emotional life must be well balanced to be able to utilize this force in such a way for it to benefit you.

CaCoDeMoN

For me spiritual development has nothing to do with energy work. It's about gaining control over emotions, learning how to enjoy life, destroying unnecesary greed, lust and anger through meditation. It's about creating a whole new quality of life. Of course it's only my definition, not neccesarily valid for others.
MEAT=MURDER.

BlueEarthJacket

Quote from: CaCoDeMoNFor me spiritual development has nothing to do with energy work. It's about gaining control over emotions, learning how to enjoy life, destroying unnecessary greed, lust and anger through meditation. It's about creating a whole new quality of life. Of course it's only my definition, not necessarily valid for others.

Hello, CaCoDemon

How does one meditate?

CaCoDeMoN

There are many kinds of meditation, but the one that was most helpful for me is Vipassana meditation.
The book that's simpliest and best description on how to meditate is here:
http://www.enabling.org/ia/vipassana/Archive/G/Gunaratana/MindfulnessIPE/
MEAT=MURDER.