News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Empathy

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Just checking how is everyone's empathy levels these days. I noticed mine has gone off the charts. I was watching a few weeks ago the news and they showed one older gentleman that was a barber. He looked like he should be retired but he owns a barber shop. He was cutting someone's hair outside in the parking lot under a canopy in the heat, wearing a mask. with a trembling weak voice he was telling the reporter that the governor allowed these businesses to operate but outdoors and he set up his little station on the back of his shop.  I dont know why but when I heard him speaking in this trembling voice, a stream of thoughts flooded my mind if I was him, feeling his pain and fear. It was like his spirit essence entered mine and I felt connected in a sense of knowing his spirit and what he is going through as a human character. I bursted out crying of empathy for this precious soul chosen to suffer in the name of knowledge, but I wasn't even sure if he was aware of the purpose of his suffering. If people dont have faith or hope, it must be very scary and that's what I perceived. I just wanted to reach out, hug him and send him a beam of comfort.

A few days ago I was at the grocery store and I saw a middle aged man with worn out clothes, standing in line at the pharmacy. He had a concerned look on his face and he was staring at his shoes. Again a stream of thoughts flooded my mind, in one instant I felt his current life, what he was feeling, and my eyes flooded with tears.

I know the purpose of challenges, but on the other hand I cant stop my sadness when I observe others' pain. Because not many people have that knowing of the big picture like we do and they may not see hope or light on the horizon. I know that this is how they have arranged, to not know on purpose for the time being in order to experience full lessons. It's just my heart goes out to them.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

((Hugs)) I'm not a bit surprised by your intense feelings of empathy. There is a reason you chose LightBeam for your moniker. You are a light and I can't help but feel that every time you release that ray of empathy it hits your target. They might not know where that little burst of encouragement or happiness came from and you might not feel sure they received it but I feel almost certain they did.

Empathy is a both the best we have to offer and at the same time the one thing we might wish to lose the most. Keep beaming your light my friend. You're not alone but you are rare.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

Agreed with the above. I will add that the mirror you held to describe LightBeam also reflects similarly about you, Nameless. Two very wonderful people with very special talents!

Years ago, we found ourselves scrabbling about in the dark and debris of this world and the only true light to find our way was to discover that light within ourselves, and that is the Heart Light or the Heart Chakra; without opening this energy center, we remain in darkness. Slowly we learn to turn it on.

This year has certainly become a challenge to us and there are many different forces at work, good and evil, coherence and chaos, creation and destruction. These forces challenge all our resonant emotional energies. For myself, I am dealing with waves of sadness, depression and not so much anger, but plenty of oppression and frustration. And in the wider public, these more extreme emotional energies are playing out in greater and more dangerous fashion. But at the same time, as LB pointed out, all this distress is serving as opportunities for Love and Empathy to shine forth. So the challenge becomes to resist the depression and anger and to offset it with empathy, compassion and love.

Recognize the moments, the opportunities for small acts of kindness.

And that comes from being heart-centered or heart-centric. Let your love-light shine! If you ever wondered about the need for spending a few minutes in daily meditation or centering, or sending love to one another...this is your proof of why it is needed. Now, more than ever.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LightBeam

Thank you so much, both for the great insights! I didnt think about being able to actually affect these people in a form of a comforting thought for example, but it feels good knowing that it very much could be. And I didn't even think to associate this with the heart chakra. There are so many elements governing our existence and experience that sometimes it's hard to remember them all and bring all the pieces together.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow