News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Enlightenment

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

One of the explanations of enlightenment which I like is that after enlightenment the ego is like an office that is entered in for a day at work, as opposed to a place to be stuck in constantly with no possibility of leaving. Outside that office there is no separation between self and other. There is nothing to protect or keep isolated.

Frank

Enlightenment IMO is simply becoming enlightened to the fact that (as Monroe so aptly puts it) "you are more than your Physical body".

It's all about learning to tread the correct path within the Astral whereupon you discover the amazing Truth about life. You no-longer question, for example, if there is such a thing as reincarnation; or whether we have a Soul that lives forever.

Once beyond experiencing your own emotional interplay, the whole glory of the Astral becomes open to you. It's mind-blowing stuff and a great source of learning.

Yours,
Frank

alfa_33au

Wow, how true, Frank,

No longer question like you said.
And Silverslider like you said, clarity and understanding by degree.
There may not be a finality to enlightenment as some may perceive, like a point to arrive at.
But if it makes one smile with understanding, whatever it may be, the term enlightenment has served its meaning in my opinion.  Enlightenment is always present, never goes anywhere, just gets overlooked due to the nature of its intention, to find it.
Sweet cosmic joke.
Love it
Paola

Qui-Gon Jinn

One way of looking at enlightenment is that it is "ultimately" all about removing the burden/trash we´ve been putting on our shoulders over the years, and standing tall... free from our chattering mind....

Ha de! //Rikard

- Your focus determines your reality -

Fenris

By reading all of the psychology based information that is incorperated with Golden Dawn texts it can be considered reaching a state where freuds ego mind becones one with the unconscious/colective unconscious mind.

Veni Vidi Vici

astralc

SilverSlider

I have been enlightened many times through meditation and you know what, it is all about personal awareness. OK, sounds like the big Freudian ego trip here but I believe that enlightenment is much misunderstood in our western world.

Our fellow posters on this thread same the same thing, it is momentary awareness, not about the meaning of life but about what is stuck inside ourselves. It is personal, about you. It is not a permanent state, it is moment by moment.

Fenris, yes, Freud did say as such, and Carl Jung too had a go, as have many other spiritually aware or otherwise people. It is not the grand fireworks show but rather the lights turning on inside our head, the 'ah ha' moment. Once you get this moment, and it happens with all of us at various times, we are that little bit smarter, a little bit more aware of our place in the universe.

If you want to talk about kundalini awareness and astral travel too then it means that you realise, as has been said on this thread already, that you realise that life is a place of learning and not to take it too serious.

Astralc

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
www.shoal.net.au/~astralc
"The marriage of the ancient arts of astrology, taoism, tantra and the modern science of psychology."

alpha

When I am no longer effected by anybodys elses  neg emotions.Being able to unattach myself at any time.From all the phoney baloney that goes on in the real world.And having no more fears whatsoever.Just like when I was born.

This would be enlightment for me.

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

Frank

Alpha, I always wondered (sorry if this is a little off-topic for the thread) what is it about other people's negative emotions that affects you so badly?

Not trying to psycho-analyze you or anything. Just curious, buddy, that's all.

Yours,
Frank

alpha

My body just auto responds to it.I cannot even think when someone is pointing their hate at me.Its hard for me to form a complete sentence sometimes.Like the phychiatrist day.He tested me to see if I had anxiety problems.By projecting his chit on to me.

I didnt know what was going on at the time..But simple questions I could not answer.Its like things were spinning around inside.I dont know hard to explain it.Instantly I started to feel anxious.When I got home I had an attack.And was totally drained.

Good news though today I finally know im getting  my 1st check soon.He said he was going to tell my doctor to up my medication that day.They dont really help because its not coming from me.And they make me feel ill.I refuse to live my life as a zombie.So I havnt taken anything since I 1st signed up on this board.Nor do I plan too.

This page explains it better.It has some scientific facts and other things.Its pretty interesting.If I only knew this a little earlier.But better late than ever I guess.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

www.geocities.com/spectre_archangel/empathy4.html

Good day to ya,ALPHA

note:if you read through the pages.There are 3 of them.You will see why?.Its like I am a walking magnet.Knowing about it makes a big difference.I know when I start to feel a little strange.When people are around.That its not me.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

Frank

I read the link and think it's really fascinating. Also, when you say, "point their hate at you" do you mean they are hating you, directly for something bad they think you did to them? Or are these people just continually in a state of hating people generally?

Yours,
Frank

alpha

Sending you an email,check when you get the chance.
                                                                                                       ALPHA

SilverSlider

What exactly is enlightenment in regard to your spiritual growth? I can only assume it means things that happen are clearer to and you understand yourself a lot better, is this part of it? Also, do you reach enlightenment through meditation and that kind of thing? if not how is it achieved? Thanks much