News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Feedback on good actions/decisions?

Previous topic - Next topic

DanishGuy

Hi,

I'm trying to make the right, caring and loving decisions every day in as many situations as possible. Can it be true that it also gives a pretty strong emotional feedback, so that you feel a good loving feeling inside?

Xanth

Quote from: DanishGuy on September 18, 2014, 12:55:57
Hi,

I'm trying to make the right, caring and loving decisions every day in as many situations as possible. Can it be true that it also gives a pretty strong emotional feedback, so that you feel a good loving feeling inside?
Doing the "right thing" won't always illicit a "good loving feeling".
And this kind of goes back to the "Intent" behind why you're doing something.
If the action you're doing is BECAUSE you're desiring that "good loving feeling"... then, while it's a "good" thing you're doing... you're doing it for the wrong reason, and isn't a source of spiritual growth.
It's an act done from an "intellectual level"... instead of an act from the "being level".

Just follow your heart... :)

Kzaal

It all starts with a thought!
Even if you don't do it for the right reason, you will still feel proud to have done good.
Eventually when you do good everyday around you, you'll find the right reason.
Which is just to do good. Those who you help will in turn start doing good around them.
And eventually you just have that in you, you do good around you everyday without really noticing.
That's when the good person that you are truly shows up!

The good loving feeling will come when you do enough good.
At first you'll have that proud feeling.

It can be hard to do good everyday tho, you have to change your way of thinking so that you may help as much as possible.
You have to remember that you should not expect anything in return either!
Good comes from the hearth and doesn't require anything in return.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

DanishGuy

Thank you both for your helpful answers  :-)

soarin12

Just don't fall in the trap of believing you're bad or selfish for desiring 'good loving feelings.'  Sometimes you hear people say that you shouldn't want the feelings -you should only want to do good actions.  That's twisting things.  You shouldn't do the actions in order to get the feelings, very true!  But desiring the feelings is a natural and beautiful thing because they are a part of the Source.  We all naturally want to embody the fullness of the Source -loving actions AND loving feelings.  Embrace the intention for both and you will receive! :)

I mentions this because I fell into that trap somewhere in my 30's.  You mostly see it in some religious sects but it has it's way of making the rounds!

Kzaal

Quote from: soarin12 on September 18, 2014, 23:43:46
Just don't fall in the trap of believing you're bad or selfish for desiring 'good loving feelings.'  Sometimes you hear people say that you shouldn't want the feelings -you should only want to do good actions.  That's twisting things.  You shouldn't do the actions in order to get the feelings, very true!  But desiring the feelings is a natural and beautiful thing because they are a part of the Source.  We all naturally want to embody the fullness of the Source -loving actions AND loving feelings.  Embrace the intention for both and you will receive! :)

I mentions this because I fell into that trap somewhere in my 30's.  You mostly see it in some religious sects but it has it's way of making the rounds!

Very true, and meaningful words there!
Everyone desire to be loved and having people tell you good things.
Altho I do agree with everything you said, one may want to just do good around him, without wanting anything in return.
You can feel down sometimes and need to be cheered up like every human beings.
Some people are cheered up just by seeing that what they speak is good and seeing someone face lit up with a smile is all they need to feel good and appreciated.
Expectations or desires can lower your moral to help more people.
I worked a lot on my karma in the past years and... Once you transform all your good karma, and still do good actions, it will be rewarded!
The less you desire something, the more likely you're gonna get it.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

soarin12

Quote from: Kzaal on September 19, 2014, 02:03:38
Very true, and meaningful words there!
Everyone desire to be loved and having people tell you good things.
Altho I do agree with everything you said, one may want to just do good around him, without wanting anything in return.
You can feel down sometimes and need to be cheered up like every human beings.
Some people are cheered up just by seeing that what they speak is good and seeing someone face lit up with a smile is all they need to feel good and appreciated.
Expectations or desires can lower your moral to help more people.
I worked a lot on my karma in the past years and... Once you transform all your good karma, and still do good actions, it will be rewarded!
The less you desire something, the more likely you're gonna get it.

I agree with you and I think that the word 'desire' can have different connotations.  The kind of desire I'm talking about is a natural 'pull' to experience and embody the full beauty of the Source we are intended to.  If we didn't have that kind of desire, we'd all just sit around comatose, with no impetus to grow.

Then there is the kind of desire that you are cautioning against which is the ego related kind that is 'needy' and grasping after wanting reward and praise.  Even good true feelings like unconditional love and gratitude cannot be forced and expected 'on demand' which is part of what I think you were pointing out when you said 'expectations or desires can lower your moral to help more people.'  All important points!  :)

Xanth

Quote from: soarin12 on September 19, 2014, 09:39:45
I agree with you and I think that the word 'desire' can have different connotations.  The kind of desire I'm talking about is a natural 'pull' to experience and embody the full beauty of the Source we are intended to.  If we didn't have that kind of desire, we'd all just sit around comatose, with no impetus to grow.

Then there is the kind of desire that you are cautioning against which is the ego related kind that is 'needy' and grasping after wanting reward and praise.  Even good true feelings like unconditional love and gratitude cannot be forced and expected 'on demand' which is part of what I think you were pointing out when you said 'expectations or desires can lower your moral to help more people.'  All important points!  :)
You're describing the "Intent" behind an action.  :)

My general rule is that... if, before you take an action, you have to think about whether it's "good" (positive) or "bad" (negative), then it's probably bad.  An action taking on a positive Intent usually doesn't have to be considered, you just do it.  That's why "BEING" good is more important than "ACTING" good.  That's not to say that ACTING good is bad... you have to start somewhere, and sometimes that starts with thinking about doing good.  LoL  :)

Szaxx

Meditate with the purest of loving thoughts with care and consideration for the benefit of all.
Want to heal and take away any form of discomfort for those suffering.
Then phase with this in mind without any destination.
If it works, tell us all how you feel afterwards. :wink:

There's no mistake in it working, you'll know.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soarin12

Quote from: Xanth on September 19, 2014, 10:59:20
You're describing the "Intent" behind an action.  :)

My general rule is that... if, before you take an action, you have to think about whether it's "good" (positive) or "bad" (negative), then it's probably bad.  An action taking on a positive Intent usually doesn't have to be considered, you just do it.  That's why "BEING" good is more important than "ACTING" good.  That's not to say that ACTING good is bad... you have to start somewhere, and sometimes that starts with thinking about doing good.  LoL  :)

Yes!  Absolutely.  :)

soarin12

Quote from: Szaxx on September 24, 2014, 17:48:30
Meditate with the purest of loving thoughts with care and consideration for the benefit of all.
Want to heal and take away any form of discomfort for those suffering.

Szaxx, I'm going to hang this on my wall!   :-) :-)

Daece

Even if the intent starts out by being for your benefit.  It will eventually become a "fake it till you make it!"
You won't have to think about it  :-D
"It's just data"