News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

God

Previous topic - Next topic

nighttrooper

Why is it that people don't seem to understand that God is not one universal being sitting on his throne commanding the Universe at his fingertips?  God is us, each of us has a Father in this universe, waiting for us to realize Him.  Each and every single person has their own God, their own Intimate Father.

If people are wondering why this would be this way, it's because each God is utilizing their own spark of essence (each person is one spark of consciousness from God) to learn to realize themselves.  People who "self-realize" also realize God, and realize what it is He needs in order to reach Enlightenment.

When we are done with our lives on Earth, we return to our Father with the experiences and knowledge that we have gained.  We merge with him and return to the place where all eternal life exists.  

People like to comfort themselves by saying "we have free-will, and we can do whatever it is we want.  We don't need God to dictate our lives".  Some even go as far as to say that "God doesn't exist".  But I'm going to be very direct - we exist for Him, and nothing else.  We exist to bring Him to perfection and to happiness.  If it makes you feel better reading this, we will merge with him and become completely conscious of his happiness, so suffering for Him, in the end, is not such a bad thing.

Everything in life is temporary and meaningless.  Allowing ourselves to get wrapped up in lifes little beauties or beliefs, etc. only further takes us away from reality - that reality is that nothing matters except for our own self-realization, because when we self-realize, He self-realizes, and we return to our place of origin completely happy and conscious.

James S

Sounds like one of the main concepts put forward in Conversations With God, and I happen to agree entirely.

It's the idea that we are God come into the physical world in order to experience God.

Thing is, to understand this, and all that it means, a person has to be at a certain point in their spiritual evolution, at that point in their own self awareness that they can accept this as their truth, otherwise they could still be in a belief system that refuses to accept it.

Blessings,
James.

nighttrooper

I understand entirely what you mean by this becoming a belief system.

I really hope for everyone's sake that they get tot he point that they are able to experience God rather than just believing or not believing in Him

HigherSelf

Quote from: nighttrooperI understand entirely what you mean by this becoming a belief system.

I really hope for everyone's sake that they get tot he point that they are able to experience God rather than just believing or not believing in Him

I am glad that you included this last sentence, as it was missing from your first post.

I think that what you believe about God, you learn.  Either by what someone else tells you about God, or by what your experience of God is.

Just what has your experience of God been?
H.S.

no_leaf_clover

QuoteI think that what you believe about God, you learn.

That's self-evident. The concept NT's mentioning has little to do with any traditional defintion of God, but yet the term 'God' is employed anyway, for social and/or psychological reasons no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the concept is accurate, but somebody sticking the term 'God' on top of it is unavoidable I guess.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

HigherSelf

I am wondering if the original concepts he was communicating were things that someone else told him, or if he had direct knowledge or experience of those concepts...

Call it what you will, but the question remains the same
H.S.

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: HigherSelfI am wondering if the original concepts he was communicating were things that someone else told him, or if he had direct knowledge or experience of those concepts...

Call it what you will, but the question remains the same

I understand that; I was making a comment that branched off from a statement yours. :-P

The terms 'God' and 'Him' etc. can just be thrown away completely, and that was what I was suggesting. Using the term 'God' in a concept totally unrelated to Christianity is no more meaningful than using 'Jolly Green Giant', and there certainly is no point in worshipping or even being grateful in this philosophy unless you have some ego issues. It's like an attempt to reconcile old Christian brainwashing with newer explorations into religious thought. I say just drop 'god' all together; 'he' isn't useful anymore.

As James suggests, the idea itself isn't really new, but it doesn't appear to be very commonly held either. But maybe that's just me, because after all I do live in the South.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

HigherSelf

Quote from: no_leaf_cloverUsing the term 'God' in a concept totally unrelated to Christianity is no more meaningful than using 'Jolly Green Giant'

Hehe, A Muslim may disagree with you there....

Well, I am still interested in the original poster's experience with exploring "new religious thought" whether it contains God, or not. And how he personally arrived there.

I am not challenging his statements, just wondering were they came from.
H.S.