News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Good Yoga books

Previous topic - Next topic

IshamaeI

I can't really recommend much as far as Tai Chi books go, but as for yoga "The Spiritual Science of Kriya Yoga" by Goswami Kriyananda, is my favorite book I've read on the subject.  The author seems very knowledgable and writes in an easy to understand non-americanized style.  It covers just about everything you could want to know from prerequesites to samadhi, and everything in between.

TheSeeker

Thank you Ishamael, I'll look that book up.

Edi

If you are interested in Hatha Yoga, you should definitely get "Yoga and Health" by Yesudian and Haich ... he not only explains yoga postures quite well, but also a lot generally about yoga, health, diet, breathing exercises and so on... it's not overbloated with too much different asanas (there are only 25 in it, and this is enough... I've seen newer books who try to impress with the amount of information they give... but what yesudian and haich present there is deep and enlightening) ... at the end you have a time-table on how to organize your exercises best, i.e. what to do in the first week and so on... this book was published first 1949 in german, but I still wouldn't recommand any other to first look into yoga. Yesudian was, as far as I know, the one who brought yoga to europe and made it known, so this is a good introductory work.

Love, Light and christmas tree balls,
 Edi
Edi
it's love you're looking for

TheSeeker

I thought this post should go in this section, as my purpose to reading a book is for spiritual progression.

Anyhow, back to the matter at hand.  Does anyone recommend a certain book to learn how to practice yoga.  I have a Rodney Yee video, which is okay.  My girlfriend brought over her "Journey into power" yoga book, which I may read, but it looks a little too americanized.

Any suggestions?  Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm also very interested in learning about Tai Chi and how to practice it, so any recommendations on Tai Chi books would be greatly appreciated also.