News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Had some great results with this

Previous topic - Next topic

James S

Hi Frank,
Are you sure these exercises actually assists in seeing auras?

Please don't take the following personally at all because I do like the advice and opinions you give to this forum, but I read through the web page you mentioned and I just can't resist poking some big holes in this guys theories.
I know, it's a nasty habit.

There is one major flaw in this guys theory relating to the first test with the circles and the dot. As he puts it:

"When peripheral sensors are stimulated for some time, we have color sensations, much different than when we use central vision. The longer you concentrate, the brighter is the "Aura" around colored areas, because your sensitivity increases."

This effect he is describing is afterimage. If you doubt this, stare at the dot for 30 sec then look a few inches to the side, and watch the "aura image" move with your eyes. The effect he describes does not increase the eye's sensitivity, in fact afterimages occur because of the exact opposite - the light sensitive cells in the retina de-activate under these conditions. Once you move your eyes those cells then re-activate causing the "negative" image to start changing in colour. In actual fact, if you stare at that image for long enough you'll end up de-activating so many retinal cells, all but the dot in the middle will end up disappearing.

As to his comments following the second test , I couldn't help laughing when this guy mentioned "electro-photonic bioenergy" and "bioelectrography". Bioelectrography (Gas Discharge Visualisation) has everything to do with the physical body and its bioelectric field and nothing to do with the aura. This is just a more advanced form of Kirlian photography, based on the same principals.

I have actually experienced auric sight, by practicing looking at my own head and shoulders in a mirror a couple of meters away in good soft light. I deliberatley kept moving just slightly to eliminate the onset of afterimage. It took a lot of concentration, and some work on my focus, but I was able to see a definite aura of shifting colours. I found  that my focus was more like looking at a 3D stereogram, where you try to look through it, but just off to one side.

Well, having said all that, if his methods have helped you then that's a good thing. I'm afraid I get a real bee in my bonnett when I read articles like this. I have no doubt at all that he can see auras. What I do doubt are his methods of teaching others that are based on scientific principals about as sound as the Titanic.

James S
(Fate amenable to change)

Frank

Perhaps I ought to stress that I think it's a great exercise to do for a reason other than seeing auras.

I'm sorry if I caused you any confusion. I did say what I was using the exercise for in the 2nd line of my post. But again I apologise for not making it totally clear

I haven't really read any of the other stuff on the site. The exercise I happened to come across while seeking the answer to a totally unrelated problem. And yes, basically, I agree with your reply.

Yours,
Frank

James S

Umm...sorry Frank.

I guess I got so carried away on my little crusade there I missed your actual point.

.... I did get a good laugh from this guy's site though!

James S

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by James S:
point.

.... I did get a good laugh from this guy's site though!

James S

Yes, I have to admit the Chakra shirt gave me quite a chuckle. :)

Yours,
Frank

James S

Heh Heh... bit of a fashion victim you think?

I wonder if you look at the shirt with the right focus does it turn 3D?

James S

TheJza

I tried it for a little while today and found it very difficult to keep the "+" image in tact. What sort of interesting results did you have with this?

astralmaster

Frank,
Thanks for the interesting link!

David
David

Tom

The chakra shirt amused me, too. I saw that web site a while back. The popup window about the increasing number of volcanoes threatening all life on earth (our planet could even overheat and explode!) was much more amusing. The idea of crossing the eyes and combining two images into a third image does seem to help with concentration, however.

Shayde

I can't believe that site still exists. I found that site a couple years back, and completley forgot about it.

quote:

The idea of crossing the eyes and combining two images into a third image does seem to help with concentration, however.

That, and a big headache.

To many stars, not enough sky.

Tom

Perhaps the web site should start with "relax the muscles around the eyes". What you are learning to do is to control the muscles around the eyes and then to use the left and right eyes independently. The right eye looks at the left image and the left eye looks at the right image. Adjusting the distance between you are the image can help. Some distances are easier than others. You will only get it when you can relax while doing it. Otherwise you get that headache.

Frank

Tension around the eyes and the front part of the head generally is a bar to projection. I found this exercise excellent for relaxing this area.

The benefits come when you can simply relax into it and hold the centre image without even trying or thinking about it. Which is difficult (at first). This fully relaxed state is very similar to the fully relaxed state needed prior to projection.

Yours,
Frank

James S

Ah, now THAT is interesting!

Recently I have found myself getting to what I feel to be a "pre-projection" stage (I feel like the dimensions within my mind and all around my body are expanding at a great rate - almost falling, but in several directions at once, if that makes any sense), but at that point I feel like I'm concentrating and staring at my third eye region from inside my head, and my eye muscles can really start aching.

So, after busily bagging this guy, I think I'll have to go back to his site, stop myself from looking at his shirt and laughing, and work on that exercise. Hopefully as you've pointed out it will be a bit of tension relief when I need it most.

James S

- You don't choose the belief, the belief chooses you!

James S

Please ignore this second post. It wasn't meant to be. My ISP is screwing around with my bandwidth at the moment and timing-out pages when they're about 90% loaded, I back-buttoned one to many times. Didn't think you all wanted to read the same thing twice.

By the way, Like the gold stars Tom, Very classy! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

clandestino

yeah, nice stars Tom !! i had some like that, when i worked in a McD's drive - thru in my school days !

As for the exercise with the 2 circles : it occurs to me that there is a reason why some people get a headache doing this.  Now bear with me for a second...

When you look normally at the diagram, you can see a red and a blue circle next to each other. Both your eyes are focussed on a point ON THE POSTER half way between the circles.

To merge the circles and form the white cross, there are two ways to progress :
1) focus on a point in the space between yourself and the diagram. Now your left eye is looking at the right circle and vice versa. Herein lies the cause of the headache - you have crossed your eyes, and this strains the muscles.

2) alternatively, completely relax your eyes. This has the effect of focussing on a point FAR AWAY IN THE DISTANCE, as if you are looking through the diagram. Now, your left eye is looking at the LEFT circle, and your right eye is looking at the RIGHT circle

Both methods result in the white cross. I found the second one trickier at first but it doesn't give me a headache.

Anyway, the point of all the above is not just to get the white cross - but to focus concentration.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

rodentmouse

arent you supposed to use your finger??
i cant seem to maintain it when i cross my eyes,  will it eventually steady with practise?

Frank

Yes use your finger as a pointer initially, but there comes a stage where you can just do it. All you need is practice. After a while you find you can get up, walk around, speak on the phone, etc., etc. and still maintain a relaxed soft focus.

Yours,
Frank

ralphm

This ounds similar to those 3D books that were popular a while back. Anyone remember them? They were supposed to be able to syncronize the the 2 hemispheres of the brain.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

alpha

I managed to get the cross for a few seconds.But that was it.Do you think its bad for the eyes staring at it,on a computer screen?I was thinking about making it into my wallpaper on my desktop.See I do not have a printer.

I do think this is something I have to work on.That sounds alot like the  tension I get when climbing rope sometimes.And thanks to  one of your other posts Frank,made things alot clearer for me.

Yesterday I went for a concious exit.I tried to imagine an image and be there in my imagination.It seemed to be creating even more sensations than my usual  rope pulling.But also created more tension in the brow area and above it.My eyes also,This could of been the only thing stopping me?

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

alpha

Tried out this again and getting somewhat better.I  think the computer screen may be too bright.It starts to bother my eyes.

So im having someone print it out for me.Just had a question for you Frank.When you get the hang of this.How do you use  it in your projection attempts?Does it become automatic?Or do you actually have to think of the way it feels when you do this excersise?
                                                                                                           ALPHA

"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"

Frank

Alpha, I basically use it as an exercise to relieve any tension at the front of my head. After a while you just flop into it and can hold the image with zero effort. At first the image can be a bit blurry and flits about. But there comes a stage when the centre image gets very clear and stable. At which point it becomes highly relaxing to do.

The important point I'm trying to get across is: the feeling I get when in this relaxed state is very like the feeling I get prior to the onset of projection. It may even be the same process, I'm not sure (still looking into it).

Yours,
Frank

TheJza

I tried doing both methods last night and I was able to see the circle in the middle by crossing my eyes (obviously, thats very easy). I wasn't able to look at my finger and see the circle in the middle. I did, howevere, get a little ways back so I didn't have to cross my eyes that much and tried to relax as much as possible. I didn't see the cross that much, but instead saw the horizontal phase into the vertical and so forth. I did it for about 10-20 minutes and, after a lot of readjusting, was able to feel slightly different. I felt a weird relaxation/tingly on my body, mainly my phase. Kind of like a mild beer buzz, but without the grogginess.
Any comments?

clandestino

hello there TheJza, i've been practising this on and off for a week or so now. I got identical sensations when first trying it.

But I think that its going to take a few weeks of regular practice to get some real benefits.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Frank

I mentioned about this a while ago, but thought I'd post again for the benefit of beginners.

I've had some good success in developing the right kind of mental state for projection from practising a technique (for around 15-30 minutes at a time at least once each day) given on the below link:

http://www.thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm

Scroll down the page and you come across an exercise involving a blue and red circle and you have to create a centre circle as per the demonstration.

I printed out the drawing, in colour, on a sheet of glossy A4 photo paper. The circles I made 6.5cm in diameter and spaced them 2.5cm apart. Printed off in Landscape orientation centrally placed on the paper.

I have a wall that runs across the back of my desk, so I stuck the sheet on there at eye-level whilst sitting.

At first your eyes tend to flit here, there and everywhere. But after a couple of weeks of practice things start to get really interesting. :)

Yours,
Frank  

NOTE: Following the below post and subsequent PM's could I please make clear the following points: 1) I have no real interest in seeing auras... and, 2) I came across this exercise as a result of trying to find an answer to a non aura-related problem. So if you have any comments regarding the actual website then either direct them to the site's author, or to wherever. Just not to me, please.