News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How do I lose the hate?

Previous topic - Next topic

knucklebrain1970

Did I mention banjos? :lol: Yeah I'm a bit paranoid, especially when someone tells me I converse with this wife :lol:

I know who it is now. His wife and I have conversations about this stuff all the time. No bad stuff, just intellectual conversations.

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Leannain

Tyciol:

i don't need thrills, i don't desire girls,money,cars etc tbh because i can't have them lol,i'm destined to failure ;o  i don't have a goal i just live, what i want is a very advanced logical thinking.
heh mr spock i'd like to be like him,without the pointy ears  :lol:

knucklebrain1970

No offense man, but in order to get the chicks, you gotta get off that anime crap.

Kevin

Veccolo

Why would he want to get "chicks" who have a problem with him liking anime?
I don't do much, and I do it well.

Leannain

LoL but i don't want the chicks, (i think this was a soul decision i did before encarnating -_-)kevin lol
what's the problem with anime anyway ?>_<
aaw im going to bed.

-lines-

Quote from: LeannainLoL but i don't want the chicks, (i think this was a soul decision i did before encarnating -_-)

Sure.... that's what everybody says :).
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

Kris

Quote from: LeannainLoL but i don't want the chicks, (i think this was a soul decision i did before encarnating -_-)kevin lol
what's the problem with anime anyway ?>_<
aaw im going to bed.

nothing is wrong with anime....

i hate the dubbed anime cause the voices are crappy...

japanese w/ english subs..  are the best

Leannain

-lines-,  i'm not everybody lol,i've had my share of oportunities to get laid but i declined,i am no animal i don't want these desires, for me the purpose of dating,boyfriends,girlfriends,sex wthatever is to make kids.since the planet is overpopulated because the human race consists of persons who can't control their animal side(horny bastards LOL) plus even if i had kids  they wouldn't have a high IQ and that's what mankind needs people with very high IQ who will make science go foward.it already has too many dumb people like me ;)

knucklebrain1970

Again, no offense to anyone, but I'd rather walk around a deserted Texaco station in circles on a remote New Mexico desert highway :roll:
I don't think I've ever been bored enough to watch that stuff. Again, don't go nuts on me, it's just my opinion.

Kevin

-lines-

Quote from: Leannain-lines-,  i'm not everybody lol,i've had my share of oportunities to get laid but i declined,i am no animal i don't want these desires, for me the purpose of dating,boyfriends,girlfriends,sex wthatever is to make kids.since the planet is overpopulated because the human race consists of persons who can't control their animal side(horny bastards LOL) plus even if i had kids  they wouldn't have a high IQ and that's what mankind needs people with very high IQ who will make science go foward.it already has too many dumb people like me ;)

You're not dumb if you are able to think like that.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

Leannain

well kevin,can i call you kevin?,it's natural you don't like anime,it's not a thing from your generation like my father likes classical music and can't understand how i enjoy gothic,metal,rock etc music ;) honestly if i'm alive in 20 years,i'll prolly not like the "thing" kids will be all hyped around ;)

-lines-since,  i know me better than anyone,(hell it's my body :) ) i think i know where my
inteligence reaches ;)
and if you don't mind me being honest bout myself i am dumb! LOL.

well i predict (IMHO) that the governaments in the future before using genetic as the main mean of reproduction,they will do what we do with the horses,only the strongest, most inteligent people will be able to make kids,so the good genes carry on.that way the world population will be under control,instead of so many new born tojunkie parents etc

patapouf

Quotewell i predict (IMHO) that the governaments in the future before using genetic as the main mean of reproduction,they will do what we do with the horses,only the strongest, most inteligent people will be able to make kids,so the good genes carry on.that way the world population will be under control,instead of so many new born tojunkie parents etc

I hope this is not where our current society is going to end up. The ''Welcome to Gattaca'' kind of scenario isn't the best for humanity.

Leannain

what's best for humanity?

a world where everyone is at the same level like i pointed or a world where everyone has the chance to procreate and hence continue the spreading of the genes that cause so many problems,setbacks and diseases to the human race?
feelings,emotions,desires are a consequence of hormones,if you destroy the hormones responsible for these situations, the consequences of having such surge of emotions will end.

sure someone may say,"hell that way we'll end up as machines"

if ya give me the high IQ i don't mind to lose my "emotions" ;) i reckon dr spock was kinda of my idol when  i was younger ;)

ah it seems the subject of the topic changed from what kevin wanted to know about my perspectives of how reproduction should work  in your society LOL
anyway this is nice conversation,telos,if you don't mind i'd like your opinion too ;)

scarecrow

Kevin,

You can stay the way you are for the next ten years and you'll still be posting the same self-hate-filled rants to this forum or you can do something about it NOW. Seriously man, go to work tomorrow and hate everyone and look at them as "fools" and see whether that helps you one iota.

By the way, I also am a DB man and I also could think of far better things to do with my 40 hours such as meditation, spiritual growth as well as spending time with my family but if I was working where you are you wouldn't notice me. I don't complain. I'm happy and I'm genuinely nice to my work colleagues. I'd just be another one of those fools you despise. But every day I grow a little because I have a positive outlook and I contain my inner anger as best I can. I have my own agenda of spiritual growth.

IMHO you really need to let all this hate for corporate life and modern society simply wash over you. Yup, a lot of it is c**p. We all know that. We also know that you ain't gonna change it so stop fighting it. Weren't there stories of prisoners in Vietnam only being able to survive by learning to love their captors? Fighting it/them is pointless. The only loser is you. Whenever you encounter something that annoys you make a mental decision: I can occupy my mind with this rubbish and wind myself up about it for the next half hour or I can use my mind in pursuit of my higher goal; my personal agenda of spiritual growth. For me, the latter wins every time (well, most times  :lol: ). Try it just for one day. Commit your mind to achieving a realization and don't let any of the everyday rubbish detract you from it. See if you can do that.

I know this is turning into a rant itself but I can see so much of myself in what you post so I'm writing this as much for me as for you but you have to use the intelligence that you obviously have to realize that there is a way out. There is a way to happiness. There really is! It's just not the way that you're used to travelling, that's all.

Come on Kevin. Stop going round in circles. Take a positive step towards your own happiness.

knucklebrain1970

I will never stop fighting it. For this is not my life. To wake up everyday, living a life that's not yours is life? Come on. May bee I should go and read a creative visualization book ha? Ask the universe for the perfect job? To go with the grain, is to succumb to the evils of becoming like everyone else, a mindless red cell robot. That I will not become. I don't hate the people at work. I understand that they are just a form of artificial intelligence, feeding the machine and the government. See I am not, that's my personal struggle. I will never be them. If you don't understand this, then you are a red cell yourself.

Kevin

MisterJingo

Hmm in a lot of respects I agree with you Kevin. I've worked for many years in a variety of jobs ranging from manual labour to management positions in the IT sector. I never hated the people I worked with, but I did start to dislike the system I had to work within. The whole 9-5 grind out of necessity, generating no overall good for mankind, just cash in your pocket to become a more effective consumer, was agony to me.
Even here there seems ingrained ideas along the lines of 'well you have to do it out of responsibility to those you support.' And I do agree with this to an extent. But where do you draw the line between a life spent being responsible for others, and responsibility for your own needs?
Having a career leaves no time for self, work becomes life. And I couldn't live with that. Money wasn't enough to waste an entire life-time. I actually went to university to escape the grind (and yes it put me in serious debt.) I'm now at a cross-roads as I am about to enter the job market again. I will not become a cog in the machine again so I have a number of options available:
1) I'm working towards my own business (doing something worthwhile for others) with 2 friends.
2) Complete a PhD and enter the research field as a career - which I feel will be infinitely more productive than being a cash cow.
3) Gain employment in a charitable organisation, or an organisation which strives to help others or the environment.

If work is a must, I would feel better doing something which helped others rather than just myself. There are also options of joining a commune, self-sufficiency (saving for land and growing your own food etc), or travelling and working as you go. I have friends who have been travelling the world for years, doing work in countries when they need a bit more cash. Travelling for a year or two is something I am planning myself.

knucklebrain1970

I know I sound rough in my posts. Fact is most people say they get a really warm loving vibe from me in person. It's not the people I hate, it's the system and the ideals that are rammed down everyones throat in this country. The template for life in the USA. The american dream
1. school
2. college
3. job
4. marriage
5. house
6. kids
7. minivan
8. save for retirement
9. Retire at 70 years old and start to live (when your bonz start to crumble)

THIS FOLKS, IS THE AMERICAN DREAM. What a dream ha? I'm still waiting to wake up from it.

Kevin

beavis

1.-9.   sounds boring. School, college, job, house, and save for retirement, are usually necessary to live, but to me they're the boring part, not a dream. But what I really want to do is make smarter technology, not by telling it more rules, but by giving it the ability to think.

knucklebrain1970

Well when you make this technology, incorporate a program that states that what is right for one person, may not be right for everyone else.

beavis

Even if I was able to include the code equivalent of "dont hurt Humans", it might kill hundreds of them before it figures out what its doing is killing them. Or it could misinterpret what the goal means, like in the movie I-Robot. I plan to give it as much freedom as I can, to do whatever it wants, even if its evil.

What I've built so far, is very stupid (like most AI), and there is a place to specify the goal, but I cant tell it how to get to that goal. I can limit what it has access to (no nuclear reactors for you!), but if it had access to a set of things that in just a small fraction of all combinations could cause problems (but still a huge number of combinations), I can not force it to never choose those. The way its built will cause it to build things too complex for humans to understand (which is trivially easy just by inserting random code, or code it builds), and you cant control what you dont understand.

scarecrow

QuoteTo go with the grain, is to succumb to the evils of becoming like everyone else, a mindless red cell robot. That I will not become. I don't hate the people at work. I understand that they are just a form of artificial intelligence, feeding the machine and the government. See I am not, that's my personal struggle. I will never be them. If you don't understand this, then you are a red cell yourself.
Ok Kevin. So what exactly is it that you have done that has "fought" the system? Where are all the corporate casualties of the Attack of Kevin? You seem to think that you're in some way different from everyone else but you are as much a red cell as me and all the others. You are feeding the system every day just like everyone else in the same way as your physical body is feeding millions of parasitic bacteria that are nice and cozy in your stomach, living off you. What are you gonna do? Cut away your stomach so as not to give them the satisfaction of using you? Come on man, it's you who needs to wake up here! Carry on fighting. Carry on fighting till the day you die. You'll still be every bit as angry, confused and desperate as you are now and the corporate machine will still be just as powerful - it won't even miss you.

You will never change the system. The only person you can truly change is yourself and if each of us can do that then (in time) we can change the system.

I don't want to insult you here but you seem (rather paradoxically) to have a very high opinion of yourself. You're not Che Guevara, you're not Luke Skywalker, you're Kevin from Worcester, MA. Sort your own life out and stop avoiding the truth by blaming others.

Sincere apologies if this is a bit harsh but you need it my friend.  :)

knucklebrain1970

Well you are a red cell, I am not. Your probably one of the ones that is more than happy to go to a company Christmas party on a SATURDAY. I would not. I am not a robot. You are probably one of the ones that loves work and never wants to leave. Your probably happy that you have only 2 hours a night to yourself. You'd probably be even happier if you had just one hour to yourself. Maybe even happiest if you had a bed in your office, then you wouldn't have to leave. This sad asss country is all about work. Two weeks vacation a year for rotting in your office, day in, day out, back aching all the time from sitting in a chair. I will always fight the system. Even if it's a war inside my head. I will not succumb to the evils of being an AI robot red cell like you. Either way I will have freedom. It won't come until death, but death will be mine and the rest of you corporate robots can take your little meaningless lives, compete with the neighbors over who's got the bigger SUV , who's got the greenest grass and all the other bull**** that goes on in the USA, people living with their only internal reference point being the EGO and chasing the elusive tail of corporate success and walking around in circles in this life of LIES. No, your wrong pal, I am not you. YOU ARE AN IT ROBOT. I AM ME.

Kevin

scarecrow

Ok Kev,

I won't get on your case anymore but something you said is quite interesting.

QuoteI will always fight the system. Even if it's a war inside my head.
I'm not going to bother trying to refute all the assumptions you made about me other than to say this. The difference between me and you is that you (seem to) spend your day fighting wars in your head that don't get you anywhere and make you more and more angry whereas I try to use my mind for much more constructive purposes during the course of my work day. I'm happy with my life.

I wish you all the best in your life. Really.  :)

Now if you don't mind I have to go and wash my boss's car before the Easter office party this Sunday.  :lol:

knucklebrain1970

All I want is a life man. Is that too much to ask? Why do these blood sucking pigs have to rob the life out of people. My work week is not 40 hours, it's 55 hours with commute. There's no good jobs anymore. Also, 2 hours a night to myself is not a life is it? How do others deal with this? Live for work? Is that all there is?. I can't stand IT (MIS) anymore. It's all about my job man. I hate my job, that's all. I want to help people. It's my dream to open some type of alternative healing place and somehow survive. However, that would be impossible, caus the GOVERNMENT wouldn't allow it. The banks would laugh at me. It's all about BLOOD SUCKING PIGS that run this country. However I have to make 70k a year to pay for my house and child support, otherwise the ship sinks. I was a greedy jerk back in the .com days and now I'm paying for my EGO. I'm so done with EGO. I don't have a high opinion of myself. I just realize what BS this all is, unlike most people. What is it all for basically. To have a house and  car, that you have to pay monthly for, that you get raped putting gasoline in, that you have to pay endless amounts of money to keep it running. WHY? TO GET YOURSELF TO WORK? BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

Then the town charges you to park your car in your driveway. Then you have to pay insurance to operate your car as well. TO GET TO WORK.

Most people are blind to this farse. What do I do? Just forget it all? Be blind like the rest? It irritates me to no end. I realize my complaining does nothing and the hate solves nothing. I just want out. A psychiatrist once told me. It's ok to be angry. However, if something is consuming you with anger, you simple remove yourself from the situation. So with me that means life. Should I remove myself from life? Oh if I didn't have a daughter and wife, I'd hit the off switch so quick. Perhaps I should start drinking alcohol again ha? :lol: Never was a drinker really, but perhaps that would give me the balls for what I need to do. You can't imagine how angry I am right now. I don't like being like this. Just to let you know. I don't blame others for my misery. The people here, although I don't get them, are just here to work and feed egos and their portfolios that will amount to NOTHING in life. I don't blame them. I'm in this mess caus of me. I do not blame others, I would not hurt anyone but myself. I would never harm another life form. But I sure wish I had the nuts to do end it for myself. Seriously. I have no more energy to life.

Kevin

scarecrow

I know what you mean about the time. I have an hour commute each way on top of 40 hours and by the time I get home each night I have half an hour with my son if I'm lucky. What I would give for more time.

I really don't live for work. Honestly. I'm good at what I do but I kinda just let the whole work day "happen" with me doing what I have to do. But inside is where it is all REALLY going on. That's where you can expand your mind and explore your potential. That's where it counts.

The only reason I've got on your case about this is because I know where you're coming from. Call me what you like: a robot, a sell-out, a red-cell, whatever. Honestly mate, think about this: does it really matter? At the end of the day we are both sitting in front of machines in our work places when we'd rather be somewhere else. All I'm saying is that you can learn to deal with it or you can let it eat you up.  :)