News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

how to die

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemygrey

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to die to this world (without actually dying) and become spiritual?
How to forsake the physical and embrace the spiritual?

Thanks,
Sarah

funfire

hmmmmmmmmmm

I have some theorys, and idea's but they arn't for the feint of heart, I would give you the answer here, but it may just be best if you figure this one out on your own.

Another reason why I shouldn't just give a strait answer, because everyone has diffrent spec's in how they precieve the world.

If I knew you better and asked quesitons I could run some test's, but I really don't like to intrude on people's soul data without their permission it feels indecorous.

Love  :-)

Phildan1

Quote from: ilovemygrey on September 13, 2018, 09:23:36
Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to die to this world (without actually dying) and become spiritual?

Thanks,
Sarah

I'm not sure Sarah, what would you like to follow, I guess not following the new age religions like spiritualism where people are surrounding themselves with nice things to deny the obvious. It won't reveal so much "truth", only the follower ones. Maybe the best way for you is to practice meditation and gain high awareness level via your sleeps, becoming aware in the non-physical world. And there, you can explore and ask "others". I would do it again this way if I should relive it. But it takes effort, many times the daily life will just make you so mind noisy that you can't concentrate on your intent. But if this episode in your life should happen, it will. But we are living in this world, we need to keep balance between both worlds. Maybe this will help.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Xanth

Hi,

Thanks,
Sarah
What exactly are you asking?

Volgerle

How about start living instead?
:-) :wink:

Stillwater

QuoteWhat exactly are you asking?

Seconded.

Please explain it in a paragraph or two, the combination of words you used leaves too much up to interpretation, it isn't clear what you might mean.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Nameless

I know you are wanting quick answers and absolutes but there are none of those to be had. Do some reading around the site and see what resonates with you. We will be happy to converse with you once we know your aims and goals and have something to work with.

and Welcome to the forum.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Phildan1

I guess people didn't understand the original question. Maybe the "die to this world" was like renew yourself or open up to a different world. Not dying lol. Maybe some people thought about the worst.
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

baro-san

Hi,

Thanks,
Sarah

You're probably asking about how to focus your mind on other planes of existence, while still alive on this Earth. Depending on what you want, you can try any of the many altered states of consciousness experiences. I recommend self hypnosis.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

LightBeam

Hi,

Thanks,
Sarah

You got it backwards, you don't have to forsake the physical in order to embrace the spiritual. Just the oposite, all experiences in the physical expand our spirits and add overall knowledge. Start helping people, spread love and light to this world, enjoy it, enjoy your journey here. Schedule time to quiet your mind and listen for any messages from your spirit, connect to the beyond with learning how to focus there. But you don't have to disconnect from anything physical, just make time for the non physical as well and have balance in order to extract the most knowledge and joy from both.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Xanth

Quote from: baro-san on September 13, 2018, 23:36:50
You're probably asking about how to focus your mind on other planes of existence, while still alive on this Earth. Depending on what you want, you can try any of the many altered states of consciousness experiences. I recommend self hypnosis.
I don't really care to posit a guess on a question so vaguely expressed.  LoL

Karxx Gxx

Your looking to change your perception at the least. Whether it be to shoot yourself into a different reality or perceive a different reality by changing the way you perceive.

http://www.oldoakdao.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Zuowang_-_Shi_Jing.176122155.pdf

Ill make a thread about the above, but the only death that isnt physical involves the perceived self. Not identifying with concepts of yourself is a start . The link explains better.
Perhaps look at all of the reasons you want to achieve this. It all involves escaping the present moment somehow. So look at those feeling/thoughts because you probably strongly identify with them. You can start small though.

Your way is The way

ilovemygrey

funfire

I am not afraid to try anything, so please do share your theories and I give you permission to intrude on my soul data

love :)

ilovemygrey

I'm not sure Sarah, what would you like to follow, I guess not following the new age religions like spiritualism where people are surrounding themselves with nice things to deny the obvious. It won't reveal so much "truth", only the follower ones. Maybe the best way for you is to practice meditation and gain high awareness level via your sleeps, becoming aware in the non-physical world. And there, you can explore and ask "others". I would do it again this way if I should relive it. But it takes effort, many times the daily life will just make you so mind noisy that you can't concentrate on your intent. But if this episode in your life should happen, it will. But we are living in this world, we need to keep balance between both worlds. Maybe this will help.

I would like to follow an ascetic lifestyle divorced from this material world so that I can become more perceptive to the spiritual world around us, among other reasons

ilovemygrey

Quote from: Nameless on September 13, 2018, 22:25:27
I know you are wanting quick answers and absolutes but there are none of those to be had. Do some reading around the site and see what resonates with you. We will be happy to converse with you once we know your aims and goals and have something to work with.

and Welcome to the forum.

I will do that, thanks. And thank you for the welcome :)

ilovemygrey

Quote from: baro-san on September 13, 2018, 23:36:50

Yes definitely. How can I use self hypnosis for inducing altered states of consciousness. Can you give me some pointers. As I have severe ocd, so trying meditation is really hard on me.

ilovemygrey

Your looking to change your perception at the least. Whether it be to shoot yourself into a different reality or perceive a different reality by changing the way you perceive.

http://www.oldoakdao.org/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Zuowang_-_Shi_Jing.176122155.pdf

Ill make a thread about the above, but the only death that isnt physical involves the perceived self. Not identifying with concepts of yourself is a start . The link explains better.
Perhaps look at all of the reasons you want to achieve this. It all involves escaping the present moment somehow. So look at those feeling/thoughts because you probably strongly identify with them. You can start small though.

Truth is I am done with this world and I want to withdraw myself completely from it for personal reasons and what I am looking for is a way to open myself to the spiritual world. Do you get me??

And thanks for the link!

Stillwater

QuoteTruth is I am done with this world and I want to withdraw myself completely from it for personal reasons and what I am looking for is a way to open myself to the spiritual world. Do you get me??

The problem is, you have may have things reversed. You are looking to escape away from a place, in order to change the way your mind experiences itself. While this is not totally a fruitless pursuit (move from a hectic city to a more secluded place, and you will experience benefits, for instance), the problem is probably more your mental state, and you will bring that with you no matter where you go, most likely. Find a way to cope with the problems of your current place, or find a means for moving elsewhere, absolutely. But you can begin doing the mental work that will help you to better thrive internally wherever  you are.

There is something in particular going on with your situation... I think you need to fill us in a bit more, and we may be able to give more direct advice that will be directly useful to you. If you don't want to share details publicly, feel free to message me or the other moderators.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

baro-san

Quote from: ilovemygrey on September 15, 2018, 13:22:20
Yes definitely. How can I use self hypnosis for inducing altered states of consciousness. Can you give me some pointers. As I have severe ocd, so trying meditation is really hard on me.

Here there are two google searches that open a lot of possibilities. Browse through them, then ask here (or on other forums) if you have questions. All it takes is to start, then you can ask your higher self while in trance. The more neutral are your expectations, the more accurate information you'll get.

https://www.google.com/search?q=self+hypnosis+afterlife&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US708&oq=self+hypnosis+afterlife&aqs=chrome..69i57.8032j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=Self-guided+Afterlife+Connections&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US708&oq=Self-guided+Afterlife+Connections&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

ilovemygrey

Thank you very much for all your help and feedback. God bless!

DarknChildlike

It might be useless to hear this right now, but this question speaks to me in a way that the answer I give might not help this moment, but you will see what I mean once you get to where you want to be.

When I began experience the larger reality constructs, I found out that no matter where I am in the physical world, it doesn't make a huge difference. In fact the more noisy the environment the easier it is to just turn it into white noise and meditate deeper. Every situation you live through, you can choose to experience it as the opposite, because it is subjective experience. Once you reach a certain level of awareness, life and death, these things don't mean the same thing anymore no matter where you are you will dissociate with a lot of the beliefs and values you now have.. see, this might not help you now, but if you try to be one with your higher self and try to see the deeper meanings behind things now, and come to terms with them, you will be that much closer to that very spiritual spirit you already are. In most people's cases, they just need to experience these altered states to be reminded they are spirits, and this physical life is secondary.

After you come to terms with that, you can use your physical life to boost your spiritual essence. Ppl just get bogged down with the daily life, focus on the non physical aspect of your soul and train your heart and mind to become one and integrate your physical life into these things. I'm sorry I'm a noob here and I don't know how to give great advise, but I'm trying! I hope it helps!

To the yogi, / spiritual master, being alone in a cave, or surrounded by a hundred needy children with dirty daipers, or bankers, or litigations of any kind, will not detract from their spiritual focus. Aim for that!