News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Indigo children

Previous topic - Next topic

Nay

How many kids do you have Rob?  I tell my brother when he has his own kids, he is more than welcome to give me advice on how to raise them. :grin:

I haven't had to spank my older kids in years my five, soon to be six year old, a few months.   Taking away priviledges seem to work just fine.  

Me thinks you are upset that you aren't a indigo.  hehe  Don't worry you're still special, but without all the hoopla.

Rob

Oh Nay, I am not trying to give any advice on how to raise children, although I believe I am still closer to the age of the "child" than many here :grin:, and I still have my own experiences to draw on.

What I am trying to point out, has nothing to do with child rearing practices, but that peoples ideas on the whole "indigo" and etc issue usually dont come down to rational arguments, but to their own predujices for/against the very idea. Which in this case is then rationalised with stories that the kids are not beaten enough. Which is nothing more than a core concept/most accessible construct, and I might add obviously so, since the whole "unruly indigo" is just one very small facet of the whole indigo child thing to begin with!! So someone doesnt like the idea, picks out one small area that their mind recognises above all others, and use their own opinions on that issue to discredit (in their own mind) the entire field that very small issue came from. Which, not coincidentally, agrees entirely with their own personal feeling from the beginning ie "It's just so absurd..."

Basically, I am just trying to advocate a more open mind, and more internal knowledge of the reasons we say and think things sometimes.
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Nay

Ahhhhhh..  I see.  I still think that we shouldn't put a label on some group of kids that are allegedly a new spawn of children to lead the world.  

I have to go drive my indigo child to school now, he demands I wear a Chauffeur hat while doing so..  He thinks he is soooo much better than his Dad and I.  :lol:  I have more to say though and shall return.

Nay

Ok, I'll be serious for a moment. Let's break it down.

QuoteCarroll and Tober identify ten attributes that describe the indigo child:

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
   * They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
   * Self-worth is not a big issue; they often tell the parents "who they are."
   * They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
   * They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
   * They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
   * They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
   * They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
   * They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
   * They are not shy in letting it be known what they need.

Wendy H. Chapman, says that Indigo Children

* Have strong self esteem, connection to source

* Know they belong here until they are told otherwise

* Have an obvious sense of self

* Have difficulty with discipline and authority

* Refuse to follow orders or directions

* Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience

* Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity

* Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school

* Are mostly nonconformists

* Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons

* Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks

* Are rather creative

* Are easily distractible, can do many things at once

* Display strong intuition

* Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy

* Develop abstract thinking very young

* Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent

* Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to

* Are talented daydreamers and visionaries

* Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

* Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills

* Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage

* Need our support to discover themselves

* Are here to change the world - to help us live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet

Some critics believe that these traits are not unique and are observable in most children, but adherents believe that this new type of child has come forward for a reason; most often suggested is that they will improve the world in some way. The changes generally discussed involve bringing peace, toppling corrupt institutions, and a shift from allopathic medicine to a greater understanding of more natural alternatives. Indigo Children are more in touch with something called the "universal truth," and do not tolerate or understand behaviors or systems that are not in harmony with it.

Indigo Children are sometimes said to possess an extreme longevity, with a lifespan of several hundred years.

I'll let the lifespan of several hundred years go unchecked.. :roll:  This describes almost everyone I know,  myself included but I am going to have an open mind and say also;   I think it just means that we are evolving into "spiritual" people.  I think there is a lack of parental guidance for kids these days and that will cause a child to look outside the home for some emotional attention.  And that lack of attention is how children learn to either resent it or grow from it.  I think if they are on the resentful end, they will be those brats that expresses anger outwardly, no empathy, feeling of royalty,  or dislike authority....all the negative, egotistical parts.   If they grow from their lessons in childhood then I would say they are all the lovely bits like, psychic skills, empathy, sense of self, strong intuition, etc..

My youngest, whom is in Kindergarten, was thought to have autistic behaviors.   From day one of school he has been watched, studied, and tested by counselors, teachers, and psychologist.  We have had many meetings through out the school year as well.  Let's break it down.

The "behavior" they noticed at first were these.
Can not be still
Can not stay focused
Can not relate with other kids
Rocks in seat
Hums to self
Little or no eye contact
Isolates self
Speech is not to grade level
Does not take direction well

That's just a few and was at the beginning of the year.  As a mother , I was a bit freaked that it might have been my lack of doing something....I could have pushed him to learn his letters more, I could have read more to him, I should have not let him play so many video games..etc.  Instead I was asking him what dreams he had that night or if he remembered what life he had before this one, or I was sharing some experience with him..etc.  Btw, he has mentioned a blue house and claims it was where we first met.

The one thing that we did notice about Zach was his incredible affection for numbers.  By the age of three he could count well into the hundreds and could kick his fathers butt in Medal Of Honor.   I was not for him playing such a violent game because at the age of two he was the size of a four year old and could hurt children around him without even realizing it.  (reenacting the battles from the game had his big brother yelling for help more than once)  Now he is the size of an average eight year old!  He is almost as tall as his Kindergarten teacher. :lol:  But thankfully he has a sense of himself now and knows that he is a Jethro.. (hehe.. some of you will not get that joke)  

Another cool thing we noticed about him around the MOH days, was he could build different guns out of his legos like a mad man!  I don't just mean silly little guns, he would put together these incredible detailed rifles and pistols.   Maaaaan,  would he get ticked if anyone dared to touch his legos.  I finally had to call the MOH games to a halt.  He was just so into running around and shooting at everything... it was disturbing to me.  And I am now a firm believer that kids watching too much violence, especially at younger ages,  can cause them to be over aggressive.  I never could get him to watch "Barney" though, so I have faith he knows his limit in the "happy" department too. :lol:

Back to the subject.  We just had our last meeting with the whole gang.  Meaning, the principle, teachers, councilors, etc.  They now say Zach is doing great.  The tests show that he scored above average academically.  But he was still having what they call social skill problems, which is basically the list above.

After the first couple of meetings and filling out tons of questionnaires on Zach, I figured out pretty quickly what had gone wrong.

Not relating with the other kids  Keeping him home he never really got to play with other kids his age so he was confused as to handle these little people.  (gets them now)

Speech skills  Him and I never had to finish a sentence because we were reading each others thoughts all the time.  So he wasn't completing sentences. (does now) (I still have major problems though)  I have a tendency to multi-task while talking to someone...hence the no eye contact.  He has just formed a habit after watching me for so many years.  I do it now because it is easier to see whatever visual is coming to me.  I don't think it's a problem, but the experts do.  Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'm not rude about it, I definitely look into peoples eyes when speaking to them, just not all the time.   I meant while doing the dishes, cooking, or laundry.  He was used to no eye contact from me, so the apple doesn't fall to far.

The humming.  In my opinion, he isn't autistic, it just helps with the thought flow.  Experts say different.  He rarely does it anymore, he now talks to himself!  LOL!!  *raises hand*  My fault! I admit that one.  He totally, absolutely, positively got that from me. :lol:

Isolation. He still goes off to the side to be alone and I see no problem with that either.  I told everyone that if we were sitting there discussing an adult, this would NOT be an issue.  He just needs some time alone, I can relate.

Not being still. Oh well, what can I say.  I'm not putting him on drugs so he can be a zombie.  He has nervous energy just like me.  I've been like that from day one.  I'm teaching him to take deep breaths and to just be still.  I call it "being the robot"  he can relate to that. :wink:  Now if I could just get him to stop walking like he has a pole up his tookus, all will be right with the world. :grin:

Anyways... I could go on and on, really I could, I've had two Dr. Peppers this morning!  But alas, I've forgotten my point, guess it wasn't important anyways.  :razz:   I suppose my point is, any child can be these things, it is all in the raising, enviroment and conditioning.  Loads more kids these days are searching for love and attention because they're not getting it from home.  And what does one find that is becoming more and more the norm to see on tv and talk about online these days?.........yep.

PS.  I forgot to mention that around a year ago Zach started drawing powerlines and aerial maps of the neighborhood.  He would count all the powerlines on the way to school and then draw it.  We were all amazed at how detailed it was, not to mention hugh!  We had to keep taping papers together.  Oh, thank goodness he is over his powerline stage.  :lol:

kiwibonga

Quote from: IngumaWhat I am trying to point out, has nothing to do with child rearing practices, but that peoples ideas on the whole "indigo" and etc issue usually dont come down to rational arguments, but to their own predujices for/against the very idea. Which in this case is then rationalised with stories that the kids are not beaten enough. Which is nothing more than a core concept/most accessible construct, and I might add obviously so, since the whole "unruly indigo" is just one very small facet of the whole indigo child thing to begin with!! So someone doesnt like the idea, picks out one small area that their mind recognises above all others, and use their own opinions on that issue to discredit (in their own mind) the entire field that very small issue came from. Which, not coincidentally, agrees entirely with their own personal feeling from the beginning ie "It's just so absurd..."

I never said that indigo children did not exist -- until it is proven or better documented, it gets at least the benefit of doubt... I'm a scientist at heart, I don't believe in disproving things without substantial testing...

The point I am trying to make is that all these symptom lists are so extensive that they match any "misbehaving" kid on the planet...

There are communities of "furries" out there where every member is completely convinced that he or she is a dragon's soul in a human body. You also have tigers, lions, cats, wolves, etc... All the "cool" animals. "The reason I don't fit in well is because my soul wants me to be with other dragons."

Where are the crap eating flies? Where's the platypus community? Where are the snails and slugs past life remembrance communities?

As soon as there is a condition that can be considered both cool and having either no apparent symptoms or many way-too-common symptoms, it's simple: everyone wants to be it.

I've been to a board where the trend was to self-diagnose with Asperger's syndrome... "I have no friends and I spend most of my time alone on the computer. I also think I have a 220 IQ. I definitely have Asperger's syndrome."

How often do you hear someone putting the blame on their ADD whenever they do something wrong? "Sorry for lashing out at you, I have ADD" "Ya, I cnt realy typ beter cuz i hav ADD"

That's why I think the diagnosis-through-internet-sites is ridiculous. Until you get someone to check your aura and manifest some kind of superpower, diagnosing yourself as an Indigo child is a huge mistake.

Pinning your behavioral problems on a certain condition, medical or otherwise, is the best way to dwelve even deeper into these problems, slowly walking away from your chance at fixing them...
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Nay

QuoteWhere are the crap eating flies? Where's the platypus community? Where are the snails and slugs past life remembrance communities?
:lol: :lol:  somewhere out there is the giant snail from the original Dr. Dolittle, crying just a little bit.

Rob

Hey Kiwi,

Your post made me laugh!!  :lol: Thanks!!

"I've been to a board where the trend was to self-diagnose with Asperger's syndrome... "I have no friends and I spend most of my time alone on the computer. I also think I have a 220 IQ. I definitely have Asperger's syndrome." "

LOL!!

You make some good points though, and I do completely agree with you. Yes, I am sure you are right and there are a lot of people out there who want to be "indigo children" because of the status it ascribes to them. Aye it is very easy to get synical about these things, although its worth remembering that these kids were not the ones who came up with the idea of Indigo and Totem animals to begin with, so perhaps their attitudes should be divorced from the real core of an idea, since they are obviously not the best source of infomation on such topics.
Example, when I was in school, some younger kids came to me, knowing I was good at chemistry, and wanted me to help them make explosives. They had a piece of paper with some symbols written on it in basical formula type style which sure "looked" scientific, but beared little resemblence to anything. They had no idea about the basic principles of getting explosive chemical reactions, and were just caught up in the idea of being crazy scientific explosive experts making things go BANG! Should this then detract from chemistry, just because these kids thought they knew the topic but infact knew nothing? My point is, that with any group that has elements which appear "cool", you will always get silly kids masquerading as a part of it, but since they are really and obviously just silly kids, you have to look beyond them and not let said sillyness bring down the entire topic.
This whole "quackery" thing in areas such parapsychology and paranormal has tarnished the image of these areas for a long time in the eyes of much of mainstream science, which is such an enormous shame.

QuoteUntil you get someone to check your aura and manifest some kind of superpower

Hmm, again I detect a note of synicism.....
But anyway, Indigos are not supposed to have "superpowers", they are not supposed to be a completely new species or anything....which makes the whole area very difficult to prove, because its more of a general trend thing, ie you are getting more kids with x y and z personality traits and a tendancy towards developed psychic abilities, but the latter is very hard to get any scientist to prove, and the former can often be explained away as societal changes.

Curiously:

QuoteWhere's the platypus community?
I actually used Donnis (old mod from aroud here) Dreamtime card divination system and came up with platypus as totem animal!!! I thought it a bit strange until ai read the description. Now I think its great  :grin:, and an extremely accurate picture. And on a personal note, I would say I do fit many of the Indigo child traits, with some interesting synchronicities on that note, but I am a scientists at heart too and aint gonna say "I am Indigo woo woo look at me everyone!!", not least because I am not convinced either, but also because I hope I am not that egotistical  :smile: . Also i think its more important to be defined as who you are than borrow your definition from a group.

Runlola!

QuoteHey, I think you might like the movie, it's not made by "hollywood"
it's very different from hollywood, I think it went straight to video.
btw, I think you just might be an Indigo.  

Lol, now I am the one jumping to conclusions  :wink:.
Heheh thanks.....all I can say is thats its real hard typing with all these fingers dropping off.....damn there goes another!! Down to 4 now......but at least I have gotten used to the smell  :lol:

QuoteIMO: lack of authority? more like lack of love... ADD = lack of nutrition.

Yup, agree!
With ADD, I have said this many time before I am sure, but I always always think of Bruce Lee who, if born in the US today, would without a doubt have been classified in this group, doped to the eyeballs with Ritalin, and probably have grown up to be a toilet cleaner or something. But instead he channeled his overflowing energy into martial arts, and became the ultimate Grande Master of Kickass  :grin: .
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

alex_21

How would you find out for sure if you are an indigo child and also how do you find out what color your aura is?  If anyone can check mine, please tell me cause it something that I would like to know.

mactombs

QuoteHow would you find out for sure if you are an indigo child and also how do you find out what color your aura is? If anyone can check mine, please tell me cause it something that I would like to know.

Why not check your own aura out? Look in a mirror. The wall behind you is probably white, so that's good, the easier to notice colors with. Just relax and focus on a point about a foot past you. Retinal fatigue is
Quotenot
seeing auras ... you can test if it's retinal fatigue if it's the opposite color of whatever you're looking at - for instance, red things will look green, yellow looks blue, etc. Retinal fatigue happens fast (I agree that it probably even happens instantly). So don't get confused there. Don't try too hard, either. Practice all the time. It's easy to develop.

QuoteHow often do you hear someone putting the blame on their ADD whenever they do something wrong? "Sorry for lashing out at you, I have ADD" "Ya, I cnt realy typ beter cuz i hav ADD"

I have ADD so I don't believe you. Nah, just kidding. It doesn't matter if you have depression, ADHD, or cancer - using it as an excuse is self-defeating. If anything, ADHD is an asset.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Sunn

there was a documentary on Uk channel called channel 4.. was called my child is psychic

http://worldofwonder.net/productions/networks/channel_4_uk/my_kids_psychic.wow

anyway much of it was based on this indigo child subject. 

I am not really buying it, and if mankind is getting ready for a golden age i think it will involve a lot less people. but thats just my opinion.

Psionic

Adrian

Hello everyone,

I really must add my comments here.

First of all; my eldest son, now 15, I have three sons, has all of the characteristics attributed to a so called "Indigo child" and then some.

I can therefore understand how any parent would like to believe their child is some sort of next generation "super-human".

However; I will not accept anything unless I can totally satisfy myself based on alot of research. I have researched the "indigo child" phenomena, and at this stage I believe it is just that; a phenomena.

That being the case it seems harmless enough on the face of it, but what really concerns me is that it is now assuming religious, or worse cult like proportions. There is a very serious side to this. If parents start telling their children; especially 95% of all 10 year olds, that they are special, have lots more strands of DNA, are chosen ones etc., etc., then it will very severely compromise their lives; the very reason they are here. They will use "being special" as an excuse for being unruly as well as other anti-social or undesirable behavior. Not only that it will deprive them of freewill because they will believe they do not have to learn from this Earth experience.

Next; this "indigo child" phenomena has "new age" stamped all over it. In addition, channeled must be regarded with a great deal of suspicion. The vast majority of channeled entities are lower Astral entities purporting to be enlightened beings with important messages; which of course they are not. They generally know alot less than we know on Earth.

Spiritually it makes no sense. We are all here to evolve by experience, so what would be the point in placing a bunch, that it to say most if not all of children who are not supposed to be even human in origin here now?

I know and are tracking in great depth the 2012, ascension, pole-shift etc, scenarios, and something is happening in a very powerful way, but it will still happen regardless of these kids and will not help those who are here; there is probably not enough time left even.

Finally, from a rational perspective; if all 10 years and under kids displayed the characteristics attributed to "indigo children", then all schools and kindergartens would be in a state of anarchy, which wouldn't matter anyway because the kids already know everything.

A look at the schools today in my area, on news reports on the Internet etc., leads me to believe that the kids of today are no different to how they were 10 years ago; just normal kids with a very wide range of personalities and abilities.

I would never say never because I have seen and experienced far too many things that most people would think is "far out", but we do need to keep this latest new age trend firmly in perspective and arrive at conclusions based on the evidence; not from channeled beings.

The proof of the theory is simply. Get some strands of hair from some of these kids, do a DNA test, and see how many strands of DNA they have. In addition, if there are millions of "indigo" kids in the world today with 7 strands of DNA, a little thing like that would have been discovered by now.

Does anyone actually have any evidence that 95% of 10 year olds and 80% of 15 to 20 year olds or whatever show these attributes?

And please let us not overlook the "rainbow" and "crystal" children  :-)

Best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

guidedforce

I'am still skeptical on the subject of indigo children. I have all the characterisitics. Yet some questions pondered me. If i really was an indigo child, then why did i not know of it from the moment i was able to communicate? Why did i have to find out in my early 20's. What is my mission and why wasnt i aware of this earlier.

I suffered many things as a child from abuse. I suffered my own skin abuse. I suffered child obesity. I suffer from agressive uncontrollable anger at times. I suffered from teasing. People knew me as a fearless tomboy, monkey as a kid whatever you want to call it.

But those occurances can happen with anyone. It's known as fate.

Yet i cannot give excuses and labels as to who i'am and might be. I'am here to search for my path but i dont believe to be anything special as i never felt this as a child.

I have observed the crystal children. I do not belive the statement that crystal children have autism. The children i think they are and describing as i've seen so many of them are children that look on the brink of having autism but are not autistic. They have huge eyes and do not communicate as much. I have seen these children and know from the moment i look at them they they are the beings described as crystal. It's hard to describe them but the best description i can get at is that they almost look autistic but are not as they function like a normal child very well except are extremely quiet. So i do sort of think the crystal aspect is of essence.

guidedforce

Alex to check your aura put your hand up against the computer screen and look at it for a while. Then close your eyes and you will see an outline of your hand with the colour. This is because the computer gives of energy but does not interfere with your hand. Then google aura colour meanings. Also aura colours change with emotions. You might find that if you do it another time it will be a different colour.

At the moment mine is purple but anopther time i tried it was blue.

I find looking at a persons third eye between their eyebrows for while then close your eyes and all their energy aura colours will show when you close your eyes. It is far easier.

Adrian

Hello Guided Force,

It is better not to concern yourself with labels; just be who you are and providing you keep an open Mind and ask for answers they will become apparent to you at the appropriate time.

One of the most concerning aspects of this is that when people believe themselves to be "special" in some way, they lose freewill as they then focus on living up to what they believe they are, and consequently go nowhere or very often backwards or worse.

I would say that regardless of these rainbow/indigo/crystal labels, there are many people incarnating in this last few decades, particularly since around 1987 who are definitely here for a purpose due to the stage Earth and its life are at this time.

Best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nay

I couldn't agree more, well said.

guidedforce

Thanks Adrian,

Thankyou again for the welcome, glad to be here. I do believe everyone that is or becoming spiritual is special in some way. As we all do our bit to help mother earth. We cannot be inferior to eachother but we can help eachother to learn, understand, share, progress. Especially learn from our experiences. I could have let my suffering get to me and at my worst could have killed myself but no i chose to stay because i feel i suffered so that i can help others in similar situations. If anyone want's to give themselves labels so be it. I'am open to things and choose to be more the observer.  :wink:

When i became spiritual i started to experience things other people around me did not. I thought ok am i becoming skitzo. Then i learned that i somehow am astral travelling. My body paralysing i thought was very phenomenol in itself. Never knew this could happen to people and its not documented on tv much. Now i know that things exist around us and some things are not possible. The thing that most of us need to let go of is 'jealousy and missery'. If new things come about i try not to question it as much as i used to when i was not spiritual. Seems like when i became spiritual most of my questions were answered. I always said as a kid im not going to believe in ghosts till i see one. Never knew becoming spiritual can be an open doorway.

guidedforce

sorry i meant and some things are possible.