News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Inner Peace

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ-12

James S

Many forms of meditation, that have the purpose of calming both the body and the mind are good.

Muscular tension should be dealt with first to allow the mind to be free of concern for the state of the body, then calming and clearing of the everyday surface thoughts to remove worries, doubts, concerns, etc.

Once both the body and mind are calm, relaxed and free of any trouble or tension, gentle energetic breathing excercises such as those practiced in Yoga or Tai Chi can help lift the energy body. A feeling of great calm and contentment comes about from this, which is what I would call inner peace.

It is worth noting that at times such as this, problems that we face in our lives can usually be more effectively solved. When the mind is at peace, thoughts and decisions become much more objective.

James.

jilola

I believe there's no universal answer that applies to all seekers.
The way to achive inner peacce is to do away with whatever stands between you and IP.
This is very much personal as the obstacles are often specific to each individual.
If you feel you can share with us what seems to stand between you and your peace then we may, if not solve them, then at least support and offer opinions.

2cents & L&L
jouni

James S

Inner Peace = chocolate.
Obstacle = indestructable plastic packaging wrapped around Inner Peace.
[:)]

James.

fredhedd

damn funny james.

do you meditate terry?  if you do try and settle into a nice meditation and ask yourself.  outside help is a plus in certain places but it really comes down to what you think will make you happy. but by all means post any questions you have here.

Terry B

Thank you all for your kind reply.

I'll try my best.

I was thiking about inner peace in your day to day life and not just momentary bliss. The one like when you feel that you're in harmony of everything and everything clicked correctly. You feel whole. Well, this does not necessarily mean that there is no problem in your life but you can handle them much better and not cracking etc...

When I was in high school I was much more positive than now (unlike many people [|)] ). I was much more content and serene. Now  at my happiest moment, the happiness seem not as deep, barely scathing the surface. It feel unreal. If it helps, I've felt much closer to God then and I felt more of God's influence on me then. I also feel much more purposeful then. Right now I just live.

There are time I feel not worthy of living that I contemplate on ending it all. I feel , so this is it, let see what we got then...
I was searching the net for the easiest way to do 'it'. But luckily I found out that there are many failed and messy cases so I don't.  

I have to admit that I don't really meditate and the closest thing would be Astral Projection. I've bee a little confuse about meditation as there is so many way. Any recommandation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry if it was a little negative.

Chocolate is inner peace, but so do ice-cream.[:)]

jilola

Perhaps you're trying to do too much at the moment?
Spreading one's self over too many distracting things, relationships, obligations etc can rob you of the time, mental time that is, to be able to see you place in the middle of all.
Meditation, any kind, works well in that case as it requires you to set aside a few moments each day just for settling down. It also alloows you to hear what your subconscious is trying to say is wrong at the moments.
I think I know the kind of feeling you speak of and can speak from personal experience that meditation and quieting down in general do help.

Chocolate ice cream, with chips.

2cents & L&L
jouni

James S

Your dead right about spreading yourself too thin Jouni.
Many times I have done just that, become very frustrated at it all I've gone out into the bush on my mountain bike and ridden it so hard I was going to either break it or break myself.
Currently the score is one-all.

It was a moment of calm inspiration that showed me that peace can be found all around us when we learn to put aside our busy lives for a few moments each day, stop the constant mental commentary and "to do list" running through our minds, and look around us. There are so many wonderful things around us when we take the time to see them.
It will more often than not be the simplest of things  - a flowering bush, patterns of clouds in the sky, watching a happy dog taking its owner for a run, that will give us pleasure and bring about a feeling of peace. Meditating on such images can then help maintain the feeling of peace.

We lose that peace when we forget to take the time to look for it.

James.

Terry B

Timeless,

Bear with me please, it's quite hard to organise my thought about this. That's why it tooks so long to post this up.

I don't really know the actual cause but I get the feeling that maybe this is related to the feeling of not reaching my full potential. There is so much more that you can become. When I look upon my life, I was depressed, why have I done that, why haven't I done this? I've always look forward for the future, planning and figuring where and what to improve. But now it doesn't matter much to me. Let whatever happen.  I'm no longer excited or cared about the prospect. In the past 6 or 7 year, I've changed, in some way for the better but also worse. It's like taking 180 degree turn. I don't feel the desire to improve as much now as it was then, and it scares me. I'm always of the opinion it's better to get your head in the cloud than to stuck in a rut. Also I need to know the meaning of my life and what good it can bring.

Your point number 1,2 and 3 is true to a certain degree. I do feel that I can make with more challenge right now, but it should be some challenge that I'm interested in, or believe in. What worse is that the challenge that I'm facing now is now on the stage that there is nothing I can do, beside praying as the verdict is now on the jury , or other people. I hope they're faster, so much time has been wasted and there really is something else I'd rather do right now.

In my life, there are certain people stressed, or in an unhappy situation and i would really like to do something about it, but there is not much I can do directly right now. In a few month times, maybe. I just want them to be happy, and more importantly help them in a way that I can.

You're right about missing up people, friend and the fun back then. They were much closer to me back then. Some still are but not many. At that time I was the kind of person that people come over when they have problem. Whether it's schoolwork, or they really want to tell about the cool guy/girl that they've recently met or other thing. I'm usually the first person they would tell about their new girlfriend[8D]. I was Mr. Positive after all. I'm not really optimistic by nature, but I used to work really hard to be one.

Whew, this post is so full of me. This can't be good.[:P]

Terry B

Jouni, I think I'm not actually trying to do too much at the moment. I just realised that I'm actually worrying too much rather than doing too much. Or maybe the problem of letting go of the thing after you've done everything you can. Why is it so hard to do? The Ultimate Worrier in me beg an answer.

I'm actually overwhelms by the prospect of meditation. Some say to do it this way, othere said it is the other way around. Which way to go? Am I overcomplicating things? Do you just quite down your thought and think of nothing in particular? It sounds much harder to do than projection.

Terry B

James, you're so right about the joy in simple thing. Watching the sunrise, clouds in the sky, starry night sky, strolling by the sea, the beauty of nature, and the joy on a kids face who gets a chocolate-chip  ice-cream is priceless. Rain gives me a mixture of emotion, kinda happy but with a tincture of longing. Of course if you have a plan and it's ruin, your mood might be adversely affected.

However, when we come back to hustle and bustle of daily living, it's very easy to forget all this.

jilola

Worrying is doing as well.

Perhaps your situation has less to do with the outside life and more to do with your spiritual path.
I ran into this kind of listless and despondent(? don't have a dict. near. Is that term applicable) state of mind that seems to sap all energy and interest.
What helped me was regular meditation on what I felt I was and where I seemd to need to go. Ina way a stock taking of th espiritual me and then setting a direction based on that.

Don't know if that would help you but it would't hurt either, I think.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Terry B

Timeless,

The life patterns that you lay out is great. Got me thinking at what stage I'm in now. Yeah, it's more easier to be positive when things are not hammering you. But this is life. Thanks for sharing your life exp. That must be though. You handle your boss quite well. I can relate with not being remotely the same person that you've been. You're so right on changing yourself to change the world. I guess that's what I'm gonna do right now. Also your point of how to act and not react to people are well taken. Knowing how to control your frame of mind without anything outside affecting it is what I'm trying to do.

I used to believe everything happens for a reason but some circumstance, some choice that I take make me doubt it. I was thinking for a while, maybe I have screwed up. Yet if I think more deeply I understand that if that event has not happen, I wouldn't have come to understand some of the thing that I take for granted today. God works in marvelous way.

I read somewhere that you do meditative prayer. Can you explain a little bit on that? I think it may give me some idea on my practice. I'm not a christian but I believe strongly in God.  

Jouni,

Your post have brought me thinking. In the past few years so much has changed. My own values, what I believe in also has become quite different. Sort of like growing too big for a pair of jeans. Now I need to adjust everything. I need to learn of my purpose and taking stock of the spiritual me and setting a new direction. In fact I'm going to evaluate all that is me and figuring out which way to go.

For me, the spiritual and the outsie life are never that clear cut. Maybe that's because of the need to feel whole and balanced. Mind, body, spirit and emotion must work together.

jilola

Taking stock is an excellent idea. Often the times when the oppressive listlessness sets in it's an indication that somethig need to be discovered and solved.

The thing with spiritual life is that if it's separate form your regular life it'll keep giving you trouble.
try to figure out a way to integrate them so that you just live a spiritual life, not be spiritual today and not tomorrow.

And for the record, spiritual life doesn't mean the stereotypical kind of life. Just try to be true to your path and beliefs and the enjoy life. No hangups, hangovers are optional.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Nick

One good way along the path towards inner peace is to selflessly help others in need. Whatever circumstance that might arise, if you can help do so.
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Terry B

How to achieve inner peace?