Inspirational Quote of the Week "Don't Let Yesterday.....

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

"DONT LET YESTERDAY TAKE UP TOO MUCH OF TODAY" - Will Rogers

Holding on to the past, feeling like a victim of the bad things that happened to you, the people that hurt you, will only reinforce negative emotions that will serve you no good, and they will continue trickling down to your present and your future and creating more and more of what are you focused on.

Yesterday has come and gone, we also need to let go of yesterday. But we can only receive peace and forget for good, if we FORGIVE. Forgive the poeple, forgive the circumstances, forgive yourself. It has to be sincere, not forsed. The sincerity comes from full understanding of the nature of existence, which we discuss here quite often, but I think it's necessary to be repeated many times to sink in, so we can truly grasp this consept. Our instincts are to see the popel that have hurt us, suffer as well and get what they deservce. However, if you wish that upon someone, it will fall back on you. Wish everyone love and light, truly, and let them go. Dont hold grudges, dont wish for fare judgement, that is not our job. Only then you can be free from the past and even from the now if you have to interact with someone on a daily basis. Keep sending them thoughts of love and soon you will notice change in circumstances. If we understand that these are the roles they had to take in this life, we will truly understand their behavior.

Bad circumstances - analyse them carefully and you will find exactly what was your lesson. Give thanks for the knowledge you have received and let go. There is no need for a repeat. Release your fears of yesterday. Enjoy the little thinhgs of today and expect great things for your future.

And what about the good things that happened yestareday? Embrace them fully an let them fuel your life. We are meant to have abundance, love and joy. These are the emotions you should be holding in your mind every minute of every day.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Thank you LightBeam for your words of inspiration. I have great difficulty sometimes letting the past go. It's probably my biggest challenge. On an intellectual level I know very well it's a waste of time.

I find myself mostly going over the past when I am bored and not keeping myself occupied. This is why I think mindless activity is so good for us humans. Lately I have been striving to 'build' things in my head when I'm bored. This helps keep me from reliving the past. I wonder why I do that, I didn't have a particularly bad past. All in all I think my life has been pretty darn awesome and positive. But even with all that I get 'stuck' on negative crap.

So not worth the extra thoughts so this quote is pretty timely. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

I'm glad you found the quote helpful, Nameless. When you think about the past, what are your emotions? Do you search for answers why certain thing happened. Do you wish you made different decisions? Is it nostalgia?

I used to have lots of nostalgia, because my childhood and my life in college were the best. After I moved to US, I left my past life behind, everyone I knew I couldn't hang out with anymore. All of a sudden my life changed and from being carefree, I became responsible for myself and I had to survive on my own. The problem was that I was on the other side of the globe from my family and friends. I couldn't rely on anyone for help if I needed, but myself. That was so scary. So, I had a tendency to escape into my safe past filled with love and support and feeling extremely sad that it was over and I will never relive truly what I once had. I felt like a part of me had died and I was grieving. 10 year later when I started having regular OBEs, I went back to my childhood and really relived one of our family Christmas. I couldn't see what my body looked like, if I was a child, but I relived every emotion and at the same time I knew that this was OBE and I had all that wisdom of being older. So, at that moment, I was probably enjoying the event 1000 times more than back then, because now I knew so much more and how to appreciate these moments. I realized during that OBE and after I snapped back that nothing is ever lost, never. We have everything at any moment, only we have to tune into it. Everything is still there we=here we "left "it. Only, we think we left it, but this is a false perception. So, this is about the good things. They are always with us with the same strength, if we realize it. The bad things are another story, I personally erase them with my mind, they are only temporary tools that become useless after we use them. So, if you have fond memories, go back to them and know that they are still very real and vibrant. I know that when I shed my physical body, I will have so much fun revisiting these "memories" with full strength and adding even more excitement to the experiences, because truly, nothing is limiting there, only our imagination.

Perhaps, you can pick up a new hobby to keep you grounded and occupied. I am thinking to sign for some volunteer opportunities because I do have spare time. I don't like not being active. My mind gets so bored. I want to stay focused on positive things.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Quote from: LightBeam on July 22, 2018, 03:34:36
I'm glad you found the quote helpful, Nameless. When you think about the past, what are your emotions? Do you search for answers why certain thing happened. Do you wish you made different decisions? Is it nostalgia?
Haven't thought about it like this before but now that you point it out I see. I wish I had made different decisions. My life has been okay but I feel like I have followed a path that was laid out for me rather than one of my choosing. I just didn't know what I was choosing either here as a single physical entity or then as a whole. I can't change the choices I've already made and am not sure I would if I could. However there are aspects of the choices I did make I would change in a heartbeat.
I used to have lots of nostalgia, because my childhood and my life in college were the best. After I moved to US, I left my past life behind, everyone I knew I couldn't hang out with anymore. All of a sudden my life changed and from being carefree, I became responsible for myself and I had to survive on my own. The problem was that I was on the other side of the globe from my family and friends. I couldn't rely on anyone for help if I needed, but myself. That was so scary. So, I had a tendency to escape into my safe past filled with love and support and feeling extremely sad that it was over and I will never relive truly what I once had. I felt like a part of me had died and I was grieving. 10 year later when I started having regular OBEs, I went back to my childhood and really relived one of our family Christmas. I couldn't see what my body looked like, if I was a child, but I relived every emotion and at the same time I knew that this was OBE and I had all that wisdom of being older. So, at that moment, I was probably enjoying the event 1000 times more than back then, because now I knew so much more and how to appreciate these moments. I realized during that OBE and after I snapped back that nothing is ever lost, never. We have everything at any moment, only we have to tune into it. Everything is still there we=here we "left "it. Only, we think we left it, but this is a false perception. So, this is about the good things. They are always with us with the same strength, if we realize it. The bad things are another story, I personally erase them with my mind, they are only temporary tools that become useless after we use them. So, if you have fond memories, go back to them and know that they are still very real and vibrant. I know that when I shed my physical body, I will have so much fun revisiting these "memories" with full strength and adding even more excitement to the experiences, because truly, nothing is limiting there, only our imagination.
That is one very valuable way of looking at our lives and our memories. If not for being on your own you may not have found your own inner strength.
Perhaps, you can pick up a new hobby to keep you grounded and occupied. I am thinking to sign for some volunteer opportunities because I do have spare time. I don't like not being active. My mind gets so bored. I want to stay focused on positive things.
This is me! I want to be positive and productive. I just don't know how as I am literally trapped at the current time. My whole life has been playing second fiddle to someone else' needs. I honestly don't have a problem with the physical side of things as they are but I get so tired of dealing with the emotional side. Not my emotions - but theirs.

I'm starting to sound like a Debbie Downer now so I'll quit.
Hugs
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Quote from: Nameless on July 22, 2018, 05:03:09
I get so tired of dealing with the emotional side. Not my emotions - but theirs.

I'm starting to sound like a Debbie Downer now so I'll quit.
Hugs

Oh, not at all. I think many people who read this can recognize the same events they are going through and not feel so alone.
Maybe, you can pretend to be a professional undercover psychiatrist and start applying some reverse psychology on the people you are dealing with :)
Captain Jack Sparrow

T-Man

Thanks for this convesation Lightbeam and Nameless.  It has been very inspirational and many great words to live by.  I am trying to do the same by living in the present!

Cheers!
The Adventure Continues...