Inspirational Quote of the Week "Knowing is Not Enough.....

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Hi all,

I decided to start posting each week one inspirational quote, analyze it, think about it each day of that week and have my mind accept it as truth. That way I am creating beliefs through repetitive thoughts, sort of programming my mind to think in certain ways. We all know many truths and wisdoms, but we don't think of them enough, therefore they get lost or diluted  in our consciousness and subconsciousness. By reinforcing their meaning, we raise their vibrations within ourselves and they become a part of our daily life, thus improving and manifesting our day to day experiences.

If anyone has gone to church, or watched a motivational video of any sort, at that exact moment they say, wow this is exactly what I needed to hear. This is so powerful. But then, the next day all these empowering thoughts are forgotten and we fall again to our daily routines, often lead by our most prominent state of mind, current worries and fears. But these day to day experiences that manifest themselves are a direct result to our most often thought thoughts and emotions. Why not intentionally schedule time every day to think about something inspirational and be empowered by it. Soon our thoughts may become automatically positive, powerful, fearless, creative without even further effort on our part.

So here is the first quote of the week. Please feel free to discuss these with me and try to analyze yourself the meaning. You can relate your desires that may come to pass if you apply this wisdom in your life. Maybe you think certain things are not possible or difficult to achieve. Feel free to express your deepest thoughts and feelings. This may even become like a free therapy session for some :)

KNOWING IS NOT ENOUGH;WE MUST APPLY. WISHING IS NOT ENOUGH; WE MUST DO" Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

If we dont apply something that we know, then knowledge serves us no purpose, especially when comes to helping others. Helping ourselves through our knowledge is easy, we do it automatically out of  self preservation instincts and our ego. Helping others when having opportunities, expand our spirits and add even more knowledge and wisdom. The core action of existence in the multiverse is exactly INTERACTION between consiosness. Constant interaction. Lets make all interactions the best possible through application of our knowledge.
Then, what we learn must be turned into actions, otherwise our knowledge serves us no purpose, nor does it bring success. Often times fears stay on the way to success. Fear of possible failure and the consequences. But if we never take chances and risks, we will never gain success to our full potential. We have been given opportunities here on this learning ground to experiment and try many things. It is free to do so, we have tools, we have imagination, we have knowledge. Lets put them to actions and see what happens. If you want to play safe, then think of ways to do so, but actions are absolutley necessary to get the full physical game experience. If you fall, pick yourself up and try again, and again, and again.... Dont worry about final results, the experience itself is the true treasure that you can ever find. Dont think that if you dont achieve certain results you have failed. This is sooooo far from the tuth. When you let go of the fear of lack of achievement, then there will be no more energy barriers and things will autimatically fall into place.
Also, wishing, daydreaming and positive thoughts are great, they are manipulating the raw energy and creating images instantly in the unseen realms just beyong our 5 senses; however, just wishing and doing nothing else, will not bring about those thoughts into manifestation. I can guarantee, once you start thinking the right way and apply intent, there will be opportunities coming your way, but you must be open to SEE and RECOGNIZE them. You must be willing to take actions and grab these opportunities. If you dont, they will pass and the images of your desires will remain there, in the unseen worlds.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Yes, those are good words to live by.  :-)

I will say though that people on this Forum may understand that. But if you or anyone else thinks the populace does, unfortunately you are sadly mistaken.

People have allowed themselves to be completely consumed by their techno devices.  That's what rules their World now. If you don't believe that, go out in public and look around.  Everything in "moderation" they say. There is no such thing anymore.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

funfire

2 Peter 1:20 (KJV)  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:21 (KJV)  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I never enjoyed the christain faith because I found it selfish, save yourself, from what you do not know.

I understand where it(she) is/was coming from now.

after I met this (her)(entitity) I found these odd truths deep within the bible, NOT ONLY THAT! Nameless seems to have found this (her) before I even have?!?!?!?!?(I only recently,1 yesterday looked into nameless's journal). It's truely marvolous!

I only started to read the bible again because I saw what seemed like no one else saw.

Matthew 1:1 (KJV)  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Matthew 1:20 (KJV)  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 6:22-23 (KJV)  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Revelation 17:10 (KJV)  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Genesis 3:22-24 (KJV)  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Mark 1:6-8 (KJV)  And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 9:15 (KJV)  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

1 John 4:5-8 (KJV)  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Genesis 1:27 (KJV)  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 4:12 (KJV)  When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
Genesis 4:15 (KJV)  And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Lamentations 4:12-14 (KJV)  The kings of the earth, and all the inhabitants of the world, would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy should have entered into the gates of Jerusalem.
For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the midst of her,
They have wandered as blind men in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.

Lamentations 1:18-22 (KJV)  The LORD is righteous; for I have rebelled against his commandment: hear, I pray you, all people, and behold my sorrow: my virgins and my young men are gone into captivity.
I called for my lovers, but they deceived me: my priests and mine elders gave up the ghost in the city, while they sought their meat to relieve their souls.
Behold, O LORD; for I am in distress: my bowels are troubled; mine heart is turned within me; for I have grievously rebelled: abroad the sword bereaveth, at home there is as death.
They have heard that I sigh: there is none to comfort me: all mine enemies have heard of my trouble; they are glad that thou hast done it: thou wilt bring the day that thou hast called, and they shall be like unto me.
Let all their wickedness come before thee; and do unto them, as thou hast done unto me for all my transgressions: for my sighs are many, and my heart is faint.

Genesis 1:19 (KJV)  And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

2 John 1:12-13 (KJV)  Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

It's time for people to awaken!

:-D

funfire

sorry if what i said made anyone feel weird, I know I would have.  :|

Just Love. :wink:

Nameless

KNOWING IS NOT ENOUGH;WE MUST APPLY. WISHING IS NOT ENOUGH; WE MUST DO" Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

This is a great quote for those times when action is a must which is mostly everyday we live and breathe. However the opposite of this is that simply knowing is many times all you need. With this quote you have actually hit on the two sides (the duality) that is all of us.

The ME ME ME generations as Lumaza so aptly suggest is a direct link to our global thought patterns. Our current US President Trump is the prime example of that but it has to be for no matter how many times we move forward there will always be lessons for the new generations. The lesson here is so clearly defined I personally wouldn't have it any other way. It's a brilliant piece of workmanship from whoever is running this whole thing.

What I mean is that sometimes the only way to get someone's attention and show them their faults is to wave it in their face. THAT is EXACTLY what the me me me'ers and Trump are doing. It's a lesson to them but to us as well with our oh so holier than thou attitude (including myself here). And maybe there is a hidden more subtle lesson here as well. Perhaps we should be putting ourselves first - think about that. For centuries what has mankind put first? Not us but them - God, the gods, our ancestors, familial pride. Perhaps it's time we stood up and said "what about me me me? I've grown into the right to think for myself and run my own show."

Funfire I so appreciate your bravery here. For so long people have been fighting what they think of as limiting beliefs to the point of not wanting to hear anything a 'christian' or other religious person might have to say. They believe they have to eradicate these beliefs to truly engage with the practice we here are engaged in - that being astral projection.

It is my firm thought that without a set of beliefs we would be seriously hampered in this field. In other words it is our beliefs that make much of this possible. Our challenge is to understand this and use this knowledge so we aren't hampered by the side effects. That being fear and the initial trappings that go with our beliefs. We all pretty much agree our thoughts are what make our experiences so the question is what do you think about. Discernment is a word used far to infrequently.

Thank you so much for your kind words above. I won't even half claim to have the answers just my own thoughts and experiences.

I'll tell you this while (like many others) I do not believe the bible is a true and accurate account of mans history I will never shoot down the wisdom that can be found there. If it is a work of fiction then it is the greatest work of fiction ever created. Wisdom can be found in many places the bible is but one example. Another which should be just as widely read is Robert Fulghum's "All I Ever Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten". I always return to that simple poem.

Hugs and Love
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Thank you for your great thoughts, everyone :)

Going back through the worlds history, I cant really pinpoint a golden era. I think up until just less than 100 years ago, the world was a much scarier and unsafe place with war after war, brutality, crime and murder of masses of people, millions. In comparison, today's world is the most peaceful and safe. Remember I said "In comparison". We have a long way to go until we reach a level of morality that will create a world where all nations will truly unite and work truly for the people.
Today, Spirituality is at its highest peak. Religion is loosing its poularity. But this is a good thing, since all wisdom of the ages is becoming incorporated and people are realizing that there is no really a division. I respect all religions as long as they dont promote violence, and I think that the same truth is in every book, so lets drop the titles and unite them all. Wisdom is found not only in religious text, but everywhere. It comes from all of us through experience.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Stillwater

QuoteI never enjoyed the christain faith because I found it selfish, save yourself, from what you do not know.

That is sort of all of them, lol.

Judaism: don't tinkle off god, bribe him with a really swanky burnt offering, and he might make you rich

Christianity: do what that book says, and they let you into heaven

Islam: do what the book says, and they let you into heaven

Hinduism: do good deeds and clear yourself of uncontrolled desires, and you can be reborn high enough to break away from the earthly existence

Buddhism: do good deeds and clear yourself of uncontrolled desires, and you can be reborn high enough to break away from the earthly existence (and maybe cease to exist)

Taoism: figure out how things work on your own, by reading some passages that don't make direct sense, then drop out of society

Shintoism: don't tinkle off the spirits

Neoconfucianism: serve the family and the state and you will prosper

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Nameless

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.