Inspirational Quote of the Week "You Are Never Too Old.....

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." – C.S. Lewis

Humans tend to associate getting older with certain limits like too late to go back to college, too old to raise children, too old to find love, no time to achieve this, too late to reset my health, and the list goes on and on.

The above beliefs themselves set the very limits we think of.  Part of it is established society expectations and norms for achieving certain goals by certain age. But I tell you, ignore what the mass beliefs and norms are, for they have been changing constantly since the beginning of our civilization. Jut go back through history and you will receive your proof.
This physical existence has been set up with a specific occurrence affecting our physical vehicles, and that is aging. The reason is that we were not meant to occupy these vehicles for too long at a time for learning purposes and the necessity to move to other levels of experiences, however, I think we can consciously at least slow down aging, improve our health, make ourselves more vital and energetic, just by changing our beliefs. Our beliefs alter physically our cells and DNA.

Besides the physical aspect, we can also change our perception of who we are and stop perceiving ourselves as people of certain age. Why can't we dream to write a book at the age of 90, why can't we dream of receiving a masters degree later in life, why not dream being over 100 years old and traveling the world.

Our minds drive our bodies, not the other way around. Dream always, set goals always, and know that nothing is impossible on the grand scale of the multiverse, not even here in relities that seem so limiting. We have heard of so many stories from all over the world that defy logic and laws of physics. Why not one of these people to be you with your unique story. Afterall, if you dont dream and set goals,most likely you will continue as you are, falling into the mass beliefs and going with the mass flow. But if you dream big at all time, there is a chance for some of the dreams to manifest. But more importantly, you will be HAPPY along the way until the end of your days here, istead of loosing hope and believing there is nothing you can do because that's just how it is. Even if we dream something that we know is way too far fetched, still, have fun, and know that every desire you create becomes real somewhere in the multiverse and one way or another, in this life or another, you WILL eventually experience it for real. We live in eternal world with no limits, just changing vehicles as we go along. At times, we cant comprehend this fact, but if we BELIEVE, our joy of knowing that we have EVERYTHING and our spirits never get old, just expand with knowledge, we will be at peace, no matter how close do we get to exiting certain realities. Live life to the fullest until it's time to cross to another adventire land and then another and another......
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Stillwater

Ole' Staples.

Yeah it's true. Saying "you can't" is the first and lest step to "you won't".

Say what if... and you just might.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

catsquotl

Quote from: LightBeam on August 06, 2018, 22:01:15
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." – C.S. Lewis

Humans tend to associate getting older with certain limits like too late to go back to college, too old to raise children, too old to find love, no time to achieve this, too late to reset my health, and the list goes on and on.

It is why I set my intentions of becoming 120 years old out of curiosity over 30 years ago. That said now that I am getting older I must say that my body is showing some usage etc. It does have me questioning if intent is all it takes..

With Love
Eelco
Lets keep the light on

Nameless

Thanks LB, I needed that quote today with my achy back and IBS keeping me up all night. And it was just yesterday I was dreaming big and not caring if there was a point, just felt like dreaming and thinking what if.
Hugs
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.