News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

is enlightenment possible in todays modern world?

Previous topic - Next topic

loppoppy

Thinking of everything that a typical person faces in every day physical life, do you suppose it is possible for an ordinairy person to go beyond these responsibilities and pressures to become enlightened and move on from this plane forever?

In my personal opinion I belive that it is impossible to totally escape physical responsibilities such as work, and attachments. What do you think? Do you even think enlightenment is possible at all? or is it all just another form of control to keep us in order throughout our lives, give us something to look up to so we don't freak out and go crazy.
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Nay

I'm beginning to dislike the word, enlightened.  I'd like to know how my family would eat if my husband quit his job.  :?  I'm sure my kids can't survive on enlightment alone.  Be the best you can be and try not to hurt anyone along the way....that's enlightenment.  IMO.

Nay

Stookie

Quote from: loppoppy on July 17, 2006, 18:17:50
In my personal opinion I belive that it is impossible to totally escape physical responsibilities such as work, and attachments. What do you think? Do you even think enlightenment is possible at all? or is it all just another form of control to keep us in order throughout our lives, give us something to look up to so we don't freak out and go crazy.

Absolutely. Don't limit yourself. Freedom isn't in actions, it's in perception. You can have a thousand stressfull physical responisibilities and still become "enlightened". They're still there, but with a new perspective.

Job

Modern Gnostic practitioners, for some years now, have been working on achieving enlightenment within the confines of everyday life. What people conceive enlightenment to be, presently, is perfection (or ideals of what perfect is).

From my experiences, enlightenment is not perfection (enlightened beings are far from perfect). Rather, they are absolutely structured in their own being. Meaning...they have no subversive tendencies to their own will and consciousness (not necessarily to their existence, as Yeshua was persecuted and many other enlightened beings of the past as well). Also, awakened being have different wills, different opinions and so forth (there is no perfect way to be

Let's consider the meaning of "subversive tendencies". Ingenerally, it means any inner resistances. Modern people loose consciousness all the time, whether they are severely injured, take drugs, etc.. Enlightened beings never loose consciousness (not even as they fall asleep and naturally leave their bodies to enter the astral plane each night (for those that have physical bodies)).

Also, there is no impediment to their will. Enlightened ones have been able to enter into other dimensions by sheer will, fly, making things appear, heal, etc..

Our subversive nature manifests within the confines of everyday life. At any given instant people loose control and become 'angry'. At another point it's common to become uncontrollably 'fearful' in response to a life situation. There are so many subversive tendencies which are an impediment to inner control--even those which are not emotions; they are qualities of human nature which one would not even slightly suspect. However, they are all removable natures, because they are the result of actual elements which exist in other dimensions (the subconscious resides in the astral plane and more). Some are various thoughts, mental activity, etc. which are coming from a multi-dimensional entity that also exists in the astral plane (the "demons" of the bible, which the vast majority of humanity has).

Yeshua (Jesus) once told a crowd of bystanders who were watching him cast demons out of two demon-possessed men: "you all have demons". These demons (from the other dimension, which I myself have seen) have gradually possessed us from past incarnations. They are reason why we can not remember; they are also reason for the vast social and economic issues which humanity encounters. They are the inside of the Pharisees' cup.

What I say here is said genuinely. We can not escape them if we try to escape our social issues: our family, job, eating, etc. because the parasites manifest in these events. They have always manifested in the events of daily life (which are the means by which they get their food--the energies from our multi-dimensional bodies).

I'll give an account of mine that I had from taking walks while working to get rid of these parasites. I had been walking for enormous periods of time daily, focusing on purging myself of them. On one of the later walks the senses, in an instant, became immediately clear, and the awareness expanded (whatever parasite it was that I had managed to get rid of at that instant was probably huge). I could then see things from over a mile away (which I couldn't see at first). Taking other walks and working on dissolving these things, I was able to even further expand the awareness (beyond the concept of human belief as to how powerful the senses can be). It was absolutely natural too (like the senses are supposed to be that way. I could smell things from a kilometer or more away, and psychic senses were also naturally developing (without having to exercise the chakras). Unfortunately, I had to stop the walks (it wasn't so good for my body), but I gained a lot from them.

Also, the walks were mainly an exercise for me becoming more aware of these parasites. In the day, in the events of daily life, I had to--from event to event--work on dissolving the parasites. In the events they are not so subtle as they are when we are alone (it is easier to see them, because they come out to feed around other people). Also, they have a telepathic connection (they are stimulated by the other peoples' parasites who are around us). They don't "trade thoughts" for this to happen. It works almost like pollenization. All of the flowers in one area all "bloom" at the same time. If you take one flower out, it might not bloom. The parasites have to come out to feed for us to see and get rid of them--we have to be around society.

loppoppy

Thank you all for your responses, they were all very helpful.

7.  "those who are most selfless and humblest have highest chance to progress towards ending rebirth. the road is very tough"

When i read things like that it becomes almost certain I will not be ascending anywhere any time soon. A friend once said to me some people have to much faith and that is the main reason they fail on such a path. When mistakes are made they forget about them and carry on with faith instead of analyzing their mistakes and learning from them.

I like to analyze my mistakes and learn from them, but for me the problem is faith. I have absolutely none, no matter what miracles i might see or do, it's never enough to convince my mind it's possible. I just feel like all faith is blind and it will lead me nowhere. Now i know your opinions on enlightenment. Does anyone have any useful advice on beating my problem with faith?

responses will be appreciated.
for what shall it profit a man if he is to gain the world and lose his own soul?

Job

Faith isn't belief. It's what we know. When you're walking do you ever question that you might trip and fall? Do you think you're going to choke on food when you eat? Most likely you don't...

We only question the things which are mysteries to us--what we believe. Anyone who has good enough faith isn't going to question whether the astral plane or mystical experiences are real--because they are always experiencing them.

Stookie

Instead of faith, maybe you need open-mindedness. Faith relies too much on what you assume is truth. But it may be very different than your assumption. By keeping an open mind in both physical and non-physical experiences you open yourself up to change, transforming yourself towards realization, or "enlightenment".

The best place to put faith is in yourself, in that you can keep an open mind and stay on track.

WalkerInTheWoods

It seems to me that with all the conveniences of today it would be easier to find enlightenment. If only people would turn off the tv more often.  :-P
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Astral Projection

what happend with this old sentence "Anything is Possible". I still believe in it  :wink:
mind altering psychedelic trip

Psionic

Quote from: loppoppy on July 17, 2006, 18:17:50
Thinking of everything that a typical person faces in every day physical life, do you suppose it is possible for an ordinairy person to go beyond these responsibilities and pressures to become enlightened and move on from this plane forever?

Everyone Living here on this planet right now has the potential to become enlightened or to become a spiritual master, every single one of us. and it starts with intent. If your life is burdened with responsibilities and and pressures, know that you are working towards your enlightenment.

One other thing you should know is that enlightenment is not about escaping this plane, it is about being in the middle of drama and not be affected by it, and it all starts with intent.
I admire the questions you are asking, because they show that you believe there is more to life than what is being offered at the moment. Then again, this is the challenge of each and every soul living on this planet, to see if souls incarnated on the planet will eventually be aware that there is more to life than what they are experiencing. Through free choice, which is the staple of life on this planet we chose kind of life we want to live. The main challenge is whether or not you will change what you don't like in your life.

enlightenment that is unfolding on this planet is not about running away from the burdens of evryday life. It is about finding solution to the problems, and that is about to happen in a big way and it will unfold all over the planet.

The reason life is tough right now is because:

(1) The potentials of life coming to an end on this planet were huge  in the past few decades. In fact right now there would be no life on the surface of this planet or we would be suffering unspeakable horrors. When this potential catastrophe was approaching, we were faced with two choices (i) Die a horrible death or (ii) stop it from happening, and we chose to stop it.

(2) When we chose to void this scenario through our freewill, on an deeper level within our spirit we collectively chose to return to the conciousness we  had many millennia ago, that is, the one most people in spirituality circles term 5th dimensional consciousness. And in order to return to that conciousness, we have to undo the mess we find ourselves in, and right now the planet is collectively dealing with this mess.

loppoppy

thank you all once again for your advice and guidance. It has all helped me a great deal. While i kept all these questions in my head it felt like a mess up there, now it feels slightly clearer and i think i understand a lot more now. I love that feeling when you suddenly understand something and it's like all the rubbish is blown out of your mind. Thanks again.

Stookie

QuoteI love that feeling when you suddenly understand something and it's like all the rubbish is blown out of your mind.

You had an enlightenment! lol :)

Enoch

As long as you are willing to break away from the shell that this plane is real and our only existence and that we DO have a spirit. Than everyone needs to look deep into themself..There you will find enlightenment. God meant for it to be a challenge here but i never expected thissss..LOL
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Nostic

Quote from: WalkerInTheWoods on July 21, 2006, 20:11:52
It seems to me that with all the conveniences of today it would be easier to find enlightenment. If only people would turn off the tv more often.  :-P

... and read more books.

loppoppy

Quote from: Stookie on July 23, 2006, 09:59:55
You had an enlightenment! lol :)

If that is the case then it helps me understand how ultimate enlightenment is beyond comprehension. I find it hard enough to explain what I felt from just that little bit of knowledge. Reaching true enlightenment would be absolutely perfect when it finally happens to me...well i don't know what i would do it'd just be to amazing!

Enoch

If you just look at each day being a chance to do one thing better either a habit or just an action. Live now, dont let your mind wonder all over the place, focus on the now. You will change here and in the dream world .
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Kenneth

Hello Loppoppy,

I just had to copy this post from another thread on this forum, as it explains my view on enlightenment. I hope, that you can use some of the thoughts and idéas from this ;-) ...

Kind regards
Kenneth

Quote from: Kenneth on July 07, 2006, 17:54:03
Whou - a lot of good thoughts in this thread!!  :grin:

GroovyGoddess wrote:

So, ultimately 'Learning how to die' means to me that a person has completely satisfied their need for experience, so there is simply nothing left to do...
.... Other than to play with our life-situations, other people, and have a he** of a lot of fun doing it  :wink:

Faraz wrote about the book "The power of now" by Ekhart Tolle, and I would also like to recommend that book!! ... Also important from that book is the importance of being present in the here and now, instead of getting "grabbed" by the thoughts and feelings of the past and future.

About enlightenment:

- There is a saying that goes, that "Enlightenment is the absence of pain and suffering" (or something like that). So in order to bring that "down to earth", it must mean something like eliminating all these little nags, pains, negative thoughts etc. etc. within me, and I am home free?

There is a whole world of techniques to remove pain and suffering, and getting through traumas and stuck thoughts and ideas - I would recommend EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique - www.emofree.com ), as being one of the most effective ones.

Another saying goes something like: "Before enlightenment, bring wood and chop water - after enlightenment, bring wood and chop water" ... (or is it the other way round??  :wink: ). As I understand that one, it is to try to explain, that you do not actually change once you become Enlightenment - you are still you. There is actually so much of you, that pain and suffering does not have a snowballs chance in hell within your inward acceptance, clear mind, and ability to distinguish what is you, and what is your emotions and energy-movements, and thereby NOT you  :wink: (and writing become enlightenment instead of writing become enlightened is actually a conscious choice from my side - it is not something you "wear", or take on as a "role" or something - it is YOU on the inside, and not a shell you climb into).

"Accept inward in order to create possibilities outward" ... That one is (for me) the convincing theory why we should try to accept ourselves, accept ourselves, accept ourselves again and again and again.... and still being able to change what we do or say to others!! ...

I have tried to create a "filter" within my mind, that response to each and every degrading thought and difficult emotion, pain and fear with a couple of "Even though ... <this thought, pain, fear or emotion>, I completely and utterly accept and forgive my self".

It doesn't matter if you believe what you say or not - your subconscious is a sort of "automatic" programmable something, that very soon will learn to emulate what you are consciously trying to tell it. Once that happens, keep saying it, and slowly but surely you will "negate" all the negative within, by actually acknowledge that it exists within you, and at the same time accepting your self  :grin: (There is more to this, but this is a "short" version).
/Kenneth

--- One thing at a time, be in NOW, and be gentle to yourself ---

--- Your biggest obstacle is most of the time also your most powerfull startingpoint ---

Alaskans

Quote from: Enoch on July 23, 2006, 17:18:57
As long as you are willing to break away from the shell that this plane is real and our only existence and that we DO have a spirit. Than everyone needs to look deep into themself..There you will find enlightenment. God meant for it to be a challenge here but i never expected thissss..LOL

Very true, look inside your (greater)self, you're of God and therefore you have the ability to know what God knows.. so long as it's not knowledge beyond what you can comprehend (or the one forbidden question). Forget all the influences of the world and meditate on the Tree of Knowledge. It represents all things, including a form of thinking, start with the fruit at the end of the branch; those things nearest you, and work your way to the source. Unify the other branches untill you come to the one and only answer to all of it.
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

andonitxo

Absolutely yes.

Maybe we sometimes ask ourselves those kind of questions because we've idealized what enlightment and spirituality is: lost monasteries in the top of high mountains, strict yoga masters with more bone than flesh, and so on.

I had such viewpoint time ago till I realized that life is a matter of expression, and no matter if it is done in a huge city or in a small village. The point is just to express.

So we are born in certain spots of the planet to commit our karmas. If you're born in a big place full of activities and social troubles you're just in the correct place in that period of your life. Maybe you'll move on latter but if that happens it will be because of your personal evolution that changes everything.

So you can attain perfection and purity even in New York (;-)), the only trick is to focus your intentions in the path you choose.

astraluminated

Yes i think it is also possible, in fact it is not even difficult.
By the awakening of the Kundalini, you get connected to the force that created you. It is a spontaneous union with the divine.
But you all have to remember that not all that is unknown is divine.
Some paranormal practices are simply dangerous and brings you to realms that are not your own, you all need to go to your own essence to establisch the lost contact with your spirit again, to become the spirit.
The awakening of your Kundalini brings you there, it first cleanse your subbtle system and burns away your karmas so that you can find your way back to the divine. But the ways most of you try to awaken the Kundalini is unautherized, The Kundalini is some dumb spiritual force, She is smarter than you and the protecter of the Kundalini let no one treat the Kundalini unrespectfull.
Many of you have been seekers of ancient times seeking the truth.
Now is the time you should get it, get your self-realisation and become one with your spirit, become one with with the Adi Shakti, whom is also called the Holy Ghost or the Primordial Mother. Because the Kundalini is the reflection in you of the Primordial universal Mother whom created this universe. Sahaja Yoga is a unique way of awakening and working with the Kundalini, where you can experience true spirituality, that brings you closer to the divine, to God. Here is a site of Sahaja Yoga where you can be introduced to this unique method of true spiritual awakening
and krisna answered; Yes ascension is truly very very difficult for men, unless... Adi Shakti interferes.

malganis

This book really explains it well in an easy to understand language.

Awakening to the dream - Leo Hartong
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0954779215/amzna9-1-20/ref=nosim?dev-t=D26XECQVNV6NDQ%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2
and

The Return To Oneness - Zivorad M. Slavinski

This is not really about enlightenment but about Principles and Practice of Spiritual Technology.

http://spiritual-technology.com/eng/index1.php?_link=books/oneness.php
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Enoch

No matter what you will have the YIN and the Yang of it...Its to be expected.

Lucid_Learner

Enlightenment is not something you reach, it is the realisation that you are your true nature "GOD" (I prefer the term "Divine"). And not your self.

How can someone talk to their self???

Talking to yourself implies there are two of you... Subject and Object as Tolle puts it.

You and Yourself... subject and object
You and Yourself... God and Ego.

Seeing through this illusion that you are not the self and that you really are the divine is what I think enlightenment is.

but heres the contradiction.. Who realises this?

The self realises that it's an illusion. That doesn't make sense. How can the illusion see through the illusion?

So really it's consciousness becoming conscious of itself... and etc....

I had a crack at explaining what I think but I probably just confused a load of people trying to et my point across.

Listen to the teachings of eckhart Tolle and Adyashanti, they helped me a lot

'Presence is the key to freedom, so you can only be free now' - Eckhart Tolle "Practising the power of now"