is it dangerous (in long term) to use psychic abilities for fun ?

Previous topic - Next topic

cesm23

I would like to know if anyone that has active psychic abilities, and that if such persons tried to use them for fun (without being for personal gain, i mean just for fun, without being selfish), and considering that they woudl be used also to help people when there was a opportunity, i would like to be sure if it still generates problems (i mean, negative energy or karma) from using them for fun, even if they are also use to help others.

It's becuase i have a penpal which does have them and keeps telling me that using them for personal use will give negative energy in long term, and have problems, is this really true, and does this also applys when using them for fun ?

If yes, then this means that psychic abilities are EXCLUSIVELY for helping others, and that it's absolutly forbiden (i mean, unsafe) to use them for personal use AND for fun ? Is it necessary to be absolutly SELFLESS to not have such problems of negative energy in the future about using psychic abilities ?

Also i wonder how the heck some psychic abilities (like psychokinesis and others) are supposed to be used to help others, because if it's not allowed to use them for personal use what are they for ?! To serve as temptation for those liking them ?!

James S

Hi Cesm23,

Absolutely you can use psychic abilities for fun! It's the best way to learn and practice.
Author Ted Andrews actually makes a big point of keeping psychic development fun, because it's when we start taking it too seriously that it all falls apart on us. Enjoy yourself with your development - the more you do, the more you're going to want to go further with it.

By all means use your abilities for personal gain. This ain't an episode of Charmed! The best way we can help others is by first helping ourselves - getting to know ourselves better, getting to love ourselves and love who we are, becoming more confident with ourselves and our abilities, enjoying life more.

It's all about abundance and deservedness - we DESERVE to have all good things in our lives, and if we can attain those good things through learning psychic skills we are far more likely to achieve self satisfaction through our inner work, which is a very big part of psychic development. This is far better than trying to seek satisfaction through external material means. You learn to develop better intuition which helps guide you to the things that server you best in your life. You learn to start creating your reality as you would like it to be - manifesting abundance in love, money, confidence, and indeed every aspect of your life.

With the inner work you do as a part of psychic development, you become much more in tune with your higher self and your highest potential, which will naturally lead you to wanting to share this with others, show them how they can achieve all these good things for themselves and how to bring greater healing and fulfillment into their lives.

There's a lot of stigma attached to people's views of psychic gifts, which has typically been generated by fears of the unknown. We don't all want to become dark egomaniac sorcerers wanting to control people's lives. You especially Cesm, sound like you're coming at this from the direction of love and self improvement, which means you will naturally work towards the betterment of yourself and others.

I firmly believe learning skills like psychokinesis is something that can really help empower people and teach them that they can take back control of their lives and shape their own destinies rather than just being pawns in a materialistic society.

So GO FOR IT!!! Have fun with it! Enjoy the wonderful tools the universe has given you.

Blessings,
James.

gangta

i have found that i can project my will onto other people. i dont think its really good for me to use that one because thats definetely manipulation.

be careful with what you do....a little dabble into darkness can make you fall into its bottomless well. i know that all to well. the third eye is the gate, be careful opening it.

cesm23

wow thanks a LOT for these advices, i was SO afraid that i wouldn't be able to use them for fun the day i develop them... now the bigger problem is HOW to develop them... i am practising falun dafa at the moment, i hope it does really help on this.

to gangta :

yes, but how do we exactly guess which we can do or not without danger ? We have to totally rely on intuintion and nothing more ?

gangta

i rely on experience...theres something dark about at least what abilities i have....i can manipulate people and do it often(i also dream about things to come). i just say tread carefully because there IS danger in this....

cesm23

yes, but that's not what i want to do anyways, i meant more for fun, but it's just that there is many things that i just don't know if it's dangerous or not, for example, when using remote viewing i think i have to be very careful to avoid spying accidently on people, since i don't know exactly if this is dangerous or not, and if there is really any negative energy transference or not by remote viewing a person.

gangta

cesm23

hum... ok!

by the way just for curiosity, if you have psychic abilities how did you developed them ? or you already born with them active ? I ask this since i already tried everything for several months without ANY results, so i am doing falun dafa exercices at the moment...

Most people have to develop the abilities through meditation on the chakras, but some people are naturally born with these abilities. I would suggest meditating on all seven chakras (sure they all don't assist in phsyic abilities but it'll help). Anyways heres the meditation I use just in case its of use to you:
Lay down and relax all your muscles by flexing. Repeat twice.
Concentrate on breathing. Count each breath. Breath in...breath out...(think 1) etc...
After you no longer have any other thoughts focus on seeing a red sphere in underneath your navel and see light blue energy flowing into it and grey energy flowing out for a while.
Now see an orange ball of light around your navel and do the same thing as described above.
Imagine a yellow ball of light above your navel and repeat.
See a green ball of light in your chest and see the light blue energy flowing in and grey energy flowing out.
Focus on a blue ball in your through now and see the energy.
For your brow chakra see a deep blue sphere with light energy flowing in and grey flowing out.
Now as for your last major chakra, the crown. Imagine a white ball of light floating partially in your head and partly outside your head and see the energy flow.

Or alternatively you could practice NEW found at http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6

gangta

my third eye is very powerful. even when i was little it would pulse and give me knowledge. i even get dreams that predict the future and have visions while im awake all of this comes from my third eye.

Novice

Quotejust know light attract light and dark attracts dark.

Quotei just say tread carefully because there IS danger in this....

There is danger involved because of gangta's belief in danger. When dealing with metaphysical stuff, thoughts and emotions shape your perceptions. If you think something dark is near you, guess what...you'll start perceiving stuff that proves dark things are near you. So you've just now convinced yourself that its dangerous because you actually experienced something dark.

But if you believe that you are surrounded by light, then you will only experience 'good' things because that's all you believe is around you.

Beliefs shape reality. But a belief isn't simply a mental statement or 'lip service', so to speak. A belief is something that you you feel to be true deep inside yourself. So just saying that something will happen or hoping it will or wishing it will, won't make anything happen. You have to believe it to be true in every part of you. If there is the slightest bit doubt present in your mind/thoughts/feelings about darkness or danger, that little bit of doubt will wreak havoc on all of the positive belief you have.

Doubts and beliefs change as you grow and experience and learn. But a lot of your beliefs and doubts can be brought to consciosness through meditation and deep contemplation. If you can face your fears and doubts while not 'trying' anything metaphysical, it may give you a lot more confidence when you do begin to practice and study because you have a much better understanding of who and what you really are. By not tainting an experience with your beliefs or fears, you are more able to percieve the experience to be closer to what it truly is, not what you think it is or think it should be.

Reality is what you perceive it to be.

IC

Mmmm good point Novice.

Gangta, what kind of things do you see in your premonitory dreams ? Are they big events, or just tiny things that only concern you?
IC
--
Ai mela na umea.
"What we don't know will always be bigger than what we know."
"Whatever you give out you get back multiplied!"
"Where you put your attention is where you get your results."

Skippy

I'm really glad that people here are encouraging people to have fun with any psychic abilities they may have, or are trying to get, because that's really what I want to do with mine, should I ever achieve them.

For instance, with astral projection - if I ever manage to do it, I really want to use it to:

A: Meet some dead people I admire

B: Meet fictional people and go on adventures with them.

C: Travel, and basically have fun.

I know there's loads of work you can do - spiritual work - and I think it's great that people can do that. I really admire them for using astral projection to better themselves, spiritually. And sometimes I feel a bit ashamed that all I want to do is have a lot of fun in the astral world, but at this point in time, I don't really feel like doing much work. I'd just like to have a good time.

However, that's not to say I won't try out any work in the astral. It would probably be very good for me, and it would probably be very interesting to do. I do think I'd like to have fun most of the time, but I'd give spiritual work/enlightenment a go as well.
The Bee Gees and Andy Gibb

cesm23

there is one thing i would like to ask to James s : everything you said is from PERSONAL experience, right ? I mean, you already tried to have personal gain using psychic abilities and your psychic abilities didn't gone weaker in long term, right ? Please you or someone else confirm this for me, because the reason i ask this is that i am afraid that you James or anyone else in this thread say all this from just what they think, instead of being by experience, which is why i maded this thread in the first place.

James S

Hi Cesm23,

I don't post on a lot of topics these days because I'll only do so if I feel I can add some benefit to the conversation from my personal experiences, so yes, it is personal experience I'm speaking from here.

I'm also speaking from the point of view of having been a real control freak, and actually trying to "shape the world" and some of the people in it through psychic tools that I've learned over the years.

In this case my abilities weren't weakened, the laws of cause and effect got in the way - karma - in which my actions produced entirely unwanted concequences.
It's definitely true that you will achieve a great deal more from your psychic development efforts if you working in alignment with love and your soul's purpose than you will if working from fear and a need to control.

What was I doing in these cases?
trying to use spells and affirmations to try and take control of people and situations mostly, and trying to use psychic means to "pry" into the thoughts and feelings of others.

With that basic understanding, anything is possible and anything is permissible. We're all here to learn to achieve our highest potentials. If that means learning to work with any of the psychic gifts available to us in order to get what we want out of life, then go for it!!!

Laws of abundance state that there is an abundance of EVERYTHING available to us - which most definitely includes material things. the only limitations on this, apart from trying to manipulate other to get it which generally ends up going very badly for us, is our own belief systems and the limitations we place upon ourselves.

Blessings,
James.

cesm23

Finally you gaved replyed EXACTLY what i wanted ! Thanks a lot, finally i am almost clarified, except for one thing, that i will have to tell by private message.

cesm23

ah, forget about the private message, it's not necessary sending it anymore.

James S