lack of sun and vitamin b affect concentration and focus?

Previous topic - Next topic

tenshi_R

when i lived in NYC i remember i used to space out for hours listening to some drumm&bass and techno mixes on the radio.

it was during spring time. the most memorable times were during nice spring time weather.

now i live in a place that is not very sunny.

Volgerle

I do not know what you're referring to but for what it's worth: sunlight and Vitamin D synthesis go together, not B. The sun activates some pre-forms of it and then the liver and also kidneys do their part to get your Vitamin D (which is a hormone actually more than a vitamin) ready in your body for use. So yes, it is recommended that you get exposed to sunlight at least for a quarter of an hour of a day.

Of course you also need Vitamin B for a lot of health reasons. This might also have to do with concentration. Still I do not see the relation to the sun with B.

Szaxx

I'd guess it's a typo.
Watch out you don't get ricketts.
The band-y-ou listen to could be your legs.   :-)
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Short answer:  No

Long answer: Nope

YOU control yourself.

The question you're asking alleviates yourself from responsibility.

It's up to you, ENTIRELY, to concentrate and focus.

tenshi_R

i did mean D sorry.

and i dont belive in the unlimited power of your mind JUST CAUSE.

how does this alleviate me from responsibility? what responsibility?

vitamins are necessary just like food and water.

you dont get nutrients you die. you dont drink water you die

youre saying is similar to running a car on willpower alone when you run out of gas.
your engine needs oil and fuel to run theres no way around it.
just like our body needs ballanced nutritional system. in order for it to perform its functions.
and brain is a part of our body it also needs nutrients to "control" everything else.

Bedeekin

What's a mind just cause?

You get all your vitamins and minerals from a well balanced diet. The human body is AMAZING at extracting everything your body needs to keep you in the best possible condition. That's why it's easy to get fat.

Vitamins and minerals are actually the least important thing you require. Most vitamin tablets contain too much of the daily recommendations.

You will get all your needed vitamins from a few glasses of water, an orange, an apple, and some sort of protein whether it be meat, eggs, nuts or soya with a few green leaves thrown in for good measure.

Rice a lemon and a slice of fish twice a week suffices.

tenshi_R

in a perfect world and on paper yes
except we dont live in it.
chaces for average person to be at that level are not that high

and "It's up to you, ENTIRELY, to concentrate and focus"
is an old and overused advice.

theres alot more behind that sentence. a whole lot more. if i didnt understand what you meant that line would mean nothing to me. but i rather not type it all up and im sure you dont want to either.

Volgerle

Quote from: tenshi_R on February 04, 2013, 14:32:25
"It's up to you, ENTIRELY, to concentrate and focus"
I agree. This statement is much too simplistic. There are some physical conditions, including health and/or general good constitution of the body that can immensely help to "concentrate and focus". At the same time, there are things you can do to your body or that happen to your body which can prevent or hamper it, e.g. too much adrenaline, caffeine etc. This also includes most forms of sickness or pains.

Xanth, not everyone is probably as skilled as you in reaching a sufficient level of concentration or can reach it just by practicing without paying attention to some other preliminaries. Some beginners will not be helped by this advice only.

People are different and have different (learning) pre-requisites. That includes me too, btw. I also have a hard time sometimes with "just concentrating", often due to physical reasons (but not alone). Just giving the advice of "ignoring the physical" is easier said than done and not solely sufficient because we can and some of us must use other/additional tools, such as substances, binaurals, or chooseing the right time of the day/night (e.g. for most of us it is also recommendable to do it during night time after a few hours of sleep as the body is then primed for projection.).

I admit though that concentration combined with intent is of course the most important aspect still, a kind of bottleneck without which nothing would work (with regard to meditation and direct exits).