News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A Karma question..

Previous topic - Next topic

Karxx Gxx

So karma. Of what i know each action results in "vibrations" and it eventually comes back at you.
Maybe its karma from past lives, future lives or the current one.

Now heres the part that seems... hard to define.

What exactly makes the vibrations? In a since of what actually makes it bad, or good karma.
I know there are degrees of how good or bad something is, there is no actual "bad or good"

But like lets say one thinks killing is good, or maybe its for a good reason.
Does the action "killing" send the vibrations or is it the intention?

I think its the intention, but what do you think and why?
Your way is The way

Lexy

If you believe in karma, I suppose you would have to consider how the person who got killed feels about that.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

Rudolph

There really is such a thing as good and bad. There really is actual "bad or good".

Killing Jeffrey Dahmer, from the societal viewpoint, was probably a "good" thing. It does not matter what Jeffrey thought about that ... or what his mother thought... it was probably good for everyone else, the Universe, etc., ....

Had he not been killed by a fellow inmate, the electric chair would have done the job just as well. Ya see... there is this thing called self-defense....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

Psan

Quote from: Kaje The Astral Newbie on May 23, 2011, 19:51:55
So karma. Of what i know each action results in "vibrations" and it eventually comes back at you.

Its meaningless to talk about something when you don't know the real meaning of the words you are using. Karma simply means action and there is no such thing as 'vibrations' and nothing comes back at you that you can call 'vibrations'. It can be someone's opinion but its meaningless without the whole context. The word vibration is hugely misused word.

Karma is action and it produces more actions, nothing else. All actions are happenings, neither good nor bad in ethical terms.

A good place to start learning is from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Psan

There is no such thing as future life of yours. Yes there can be a life or many lives in future, but there won't be you. You had no past life. There were lives before you, but you were not there. You as an individual have only one life, which is this one and it is happening now.
The individual is also an illusion created by you. The identity has to be updated every second as the flux of body, mind, relations, situations and events rushes past 'you'.

There is something else that persists among all this impermanence. It is not you and it is not affected by karma.

TofuAttack

in my opinion, it's better that you don't seek answers to these kinds of things yet.
trying to figure out how something like this works at a fundamental level especially since  it hasn't been proven to exist and is much more a belief and "way to live" is rather pointless.

Rudolph

I think karma is elementary and telling someone not to pursue an understanding of it is like telling a first grader not to try learning how to spell 'c-a-t' or his own name.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
This is a fundamental Law of the Universe.

What goes around comes around.
Get out there and start living your life and this will become apparent. The learning process will be impeded for those who can't figure out how to take off the la-la New Age blinders.

Right intention is good but not everything because right action is important too;

The Noble Eightfold Path describes the way to the end of suffering, as it was laid out by Siddhartha Gautama.
http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

TofuAttack

yes, but he is trying to understand it at a subatomic level, with the vibrations of the strings which comprise all matter etc. no one here can give him that information.

Karxx Gxx

Lol, well that didnt help much :/

And it is a belief as goes with a lot of other things.

But i was just reading "our ultimate reality" by adrian cooper and it talks about karma and what not.

just wonderin if anyone knew, thanks for the input :)
Your way is The way

Xanth

I personally don't believe in Karma.

I see it as nothing more as just another typical "fear tactic" that people push on other people in an effort to force them to act a certain way.

"Do this, or else this will happen"

NoY

I belive conciquence exists  :|

:NoY:

Stookie_

Quote from: Xanth on May 26, 2011, 09:17:51
I personally don't believe in Karma.

I see it as nothing more as just another typical "fear tactic" that people push on other people in an effort to force them to act a certain way.

"Do this, or else this will happen"

That's not what Karma is at all. Maybe in a mainstream misunderstood superstitious pop-culture way.

It's more like this (quick and simplistically): your higher self needs certain things. It creates your ego to be born here. You experience certain things for your higher self. Depending on what is gained or not gained is how other incarnations are born out of the higher self.

If this isn't the case, then I guess each life is just random, no selections, with nothing to bring back.

Ident

Some suggest that one takes one's malfeasances through to the afterlife to dwell on and the "karma" of that is realising and experiencing the pain and anguish one caused others by those actions. One might thus see karma as an aspect of personal responsibility: what one effects on others will ultimately have to be atoned for.

Stookie_

While I've heard of having to experience the feelings of others after death, I don't look at it as though there is any atonement needed, but it sets probabilities in choices that are made because of it.

CFTraveler

I think the 'spiritual law of karma' is an interpretation of an observable force in the physical universe, and not a 'law' in the sense of 'you have to obey'.
For example, 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.'  This is also known as Newton's third law, and it states that whatever force or energy you put into something will come back to you.  If you run into a wall it's going to hurt, just plain and simple.  The faster you run (more force) the more it'll hurt.  This is observable and measurable.  
If you do something to make the world a more unpleasant place to live, you have to realize you live in that 'more unpleasant world', so some of that is going to come back to you- it's like farting in an elevator or not washing your hands after going to the bathroom and then having a tasty salad- direct consequences of your actions.
However, all this 'you did therefore you must pay' is a belief system built around this observable phenomenon, and I personally don't believe in it as advertised.
But think of this one way:  If you have a set of standards, a bottom line, and you violate it, your psyche will take on a burden, only because that's how we're built.  So in a way it can apply, nothing magical about it.

Karxx Gxx

Thanks CTF!
hehe, and i just think karma exists in a sence, like u stated.
but i just dont know if you send out vibrations or energy that comes back.

But i think im the only one who read that book,lol.

Also, I would assume that i would know a lot more if i could OBE or Astral project and what not, asking the dead or other people answers.
But i havnt (or remember) so i have no clue how it is,lol.

But thanks for the help!
Not knowing things makes me want to obe even more lol.
Love the community, i wish i lived here,lol
Your way is The way